A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

A Thirst For Knowledge | Private, Middy/Spring

Postby SpringsSong » 01/28/2014 5:49 PM

Viola Lisette Black - Human Form - d2c361

Ah, Medicai City.  Viola could practically feel the knowledge of this place emanating from every building.  A place like this would certainly be a place where she could bring Tessa for an examination to see if there was any way for her heart problems to be fixed.

However, she was on her own today.  Vincent was out and about, and Tessa was tending to matters at their estate.  In fact, she had practically forced Viola to leave the house.

Well, I wonder where I could start, Viola thought to herself.  This world's nothing like Cer'skelo... everything's so foreign here.

Indeed, the former Lady of Lye'ril felt very odd from day to day.  Her Victorian-style gowns didn't fit in, her manner of speech was decidedly formal, and she often got very odd stares for it.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: A Thirst For Knowledge | Private, Middy/Spring

Postby Middy » 01/28/2014 8:32 PM

Aria Syl -#0e5e70  Human Form Mock-up

They said this place would be teeming with all sorts of information she could bring back to her home-world, but so far it seemed to be mostly filled with clinics and other medical centers. She was hoping to find something at least more scientific. Oh well... maybe she wasn't looking in the right place, and she always felt so odd asking people where she might find such things. It just proved more and more that she didn't come from here-- or maybe she was just being a tad bit paranoid.

One woman did catch her eye, one that really didn't fit in too well with the other folks who were running busily through the streets. No... her manner of dress seemed more refined, more... old? Ah right, didn't humans dress like that back in what they called the Victorian era?

What did catch her eye was the metal parts and accessories the woman was sporting, giving her a sense that she enjoyed tech as well. Aria carefully approached her, putting on a crooked smile. "Oh um... miss? I'm... kinda lost around here, you wouldn't know where I could find some tech labs would you?" she fiddled with her hands nervously, hoping she had chosen the right person to ask.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/28/2014 9:20 PM

Viola turned at the sound of the other woman's voice.  Something about the way that she spoke indicated that she, too, was a little less familiar with this world.  However, she cleared her throat slightly and offered a slightly crooked smile herself; one that looked a little uncertain.

"I'm afraid that I don't know of any... tech labs in this area, miss," she said, her red eyes apologetic.  "I've been looking for a place to do some research of my own, although not technology-based.  However, I've been meaning to find a place where I could do some technology research as well.  After all..." she chuckled here, holding her right arm out slightly.  It responded with a few clicks and whirs; a little louder than she would have preferred.

"Aside from my arm, I've also got a gun I've been meaning to make some improvements to.  It's something I've had for... a while," she said, offering a small smile.  Flame Scar was one of her most prized possessions (after all, it was the only possession that was named), and she felt that her (yes, her; she felt that the weapon had a more feminine manner) original creator would want her to be improved upon.

"I just have no idea where to start."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/29/2014 5:32 PM

Darn, she didn't know of any tech labs... but she was looking around Medicai herself. Maybe asking her was a good idea after all. Aria's eyes focused on the woman's arm, eyes brightening in curiosity. Was she of cybernetic make like herself? Aria's cybernetic implants were more hidden, but were present all the same.

She also mentioned a gun, something she herself kept holstered at her side. Aria nodded in response to her needing some work done on her weapon. She would be looking for the same thing, if her gun wasn't of alien make.

"Well, no harm in looking around together I say. With two sets of eyes we are bound to find what we are looking for easier," she held out a hand with a warm smile, "You need something to call me by right? The name is Aria Syl, but just Aria will do."

Now came the fun part of where to begin looking. This city was massive, and one could easily be lost in no time. Thankfully, both of them were armed if they found themselves in the wrong part of town. If there was one here, one could never be too sure.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/29/2014 11:17 PM

"I'm L- Viola Lisette Black.  Just 'Viola' will suffice, though," Viola said, almost saying her title--which was of no significance in this realm.  "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Aria," she said.

Now, there was the matter of where to begin looking.  Viola looked around the city, trying to think of where would be the best place to begin looking.

"Well, we may as well begin walking," Viola said, a thoughtful tone to her voice.  "Maybe we'll happen upon someone who knows where we could find what we're looking for, or find a map of some sort..."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/01/2014 12:02 PM

"Yes! A map would be a great thing to find, it could show us and idea of where we are and where to head to," she paused for a bit then added, "Walking too, that is an obvious choice," she held back a giggle at the remark.

Viola was an odd one though, when she introduced herself she stuttered a bit. Maybe she had a title that had little importance? Was she an outsider like her? Oh, she could ask more questions later when she knew this woman a little better. It was obvious to her that they might be together a little longer while trying to find their destinations.

Aria began searching ahead a little ways, waving her hand back to Viola to signal her to her. She had found a map that showered a 'You are here" along with a diagram of where to find the most popular sites. "I found something!"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/02/2014 12:34 PM

Viola offered a small smile to Aria as she said that finding a map would be a great thing to find.  When the other waved a hand to signal her, Viola also caught a glimpse of the map.  She scanned it slightly, adjusting her monocle ever so slightly to see it in more detail.  This place was, of course, filled with more centers of medical knowledge as opposed to technical, but Viola was also interested in some medical knowledge.

"Okay... let's see here..." she said, examining the map closer.  She couldn't help but wonder, internally, if Aria had caught the stutter when she had almost introduced herself by her title that she'd had, back in Cer'skelo.  At the same time, however, she couldn't help but feel that this woman wasn't from Evelon either.

"Looks like we need to head north for a few blocks, then proceed east to get to a tech lab," she said.  "And... I hope you don't mind my asking, but--you're not from around here, are you?" she asked.  She couldn't tell how she knew this, but something about the woman seemed almost like her--foreign to this world.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/05/2014 4:17 AM

Aria looked over the map again, also noticing the ratio between med and tech labs. There were way more medical centers, but thankfully that's not all there was. If she could find a good tech lab nearby then she would gladly take what she could get. Not only was she excited to see the city its entirety, but to also see how the technology compared to her people's as well.

"Right, you lead and I will follow right behind you," Aria replied cheerfully. However, Viola's other question caught her off guard a bit. There was no way she could have figured out she was an alien could she? Or did she mean she was just from a different continent altogether? Aria shook her head, "Can't say I've ever been to this city before, or anywhere on this side of the world really, so much of this is still new to me," she tried to sound as sincere as possible, hiding her true identity was one of the more important things to keep secret on a mission.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate