A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Thought I Smelled a Rat [P; Pickle and I] [Possible M]

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/05/2014 12:58 PM

Click for human form!

Cyril was sure to keep his rushed breathing in check as he silently closed one of the many back doors to the Pearcival mansion, leaning against it as he panted into the stagnant air of the mudroom. His restlessness had gotten the better of him again, but he truly was trying to cut back on that habit... So he'd taken to fleeing out to the stables and stealing his father's prized showhorse for a hard ride through the property until the animal could run no more.

Cyril's hair was mussed and sweat shone on his brow from the humid summer night, but he felt pleasantly tired, and a smile curved the corners of his mouth. He'd need to clean himself up before morning of the dust and horsehair and sweat, or the maids might wonder about him, kind, cooing souls that they were. It wasn't as if they could not keep a secret, for they not-so-secretly liked Cyril much more than Gerard Pearcival, the one responsible for their everyday chores. Cyril had an air of self-suficiency about him that the maids found charming, even a bit more than charming, on a few occasions...

Cyril finally caught his breath and pushed off the door, running a hand through his dark hair as he slowly made his way to his bedroom to retrieve a change of clothes. He had closed that back door, he remembered to himself. Though, that door had always been a tricky one...

[6]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[1.1]

Postby Remedy » 08/06/2014 2:09 PM

((I don't have a human form image for her, but she will be played in human form for this RP. c:))

A small figure cloaked in black moved along the shadows with an air of agility.  Crouching low, hidden like a hunter on the prowl, it advanced across the grounds of the estate on a thoroughly premeditated path.  A shaky breath escaped the human's lips.  Dark eyes scanned their surroundings for any sign of movement, and, catching some within their gaze, ordered the rest of the body to remain rigidly still.

This was quite an unexpected turn of events.  The intruder appeared to be one of the sons of the estate.  He was easily recognized - especially after the extensive research this cloaked figure had done regarding the residents of the homestead.  Optimistic in its endeavors, the stranger thought quickly of ways this interruption could be used as an advantage.  Resolving to find some silver lining to this threat, the pursuit was continued until the shadowed figure was crouched by the back door that the son had entered through not moments before.

Steady, gloved hands silently pulled the hood away from the face of the young woman.  Her hair was done up tightly, and she wore a hair net over the dark tresses.  It would be of no benefit to leave any sort of evidence behind, after all.  She crouched and listened silently, ear pressed hesitantly against the wall.  As the footsteps grew fainter, she resolved to give the door a try; if it was left unlocked, it would certainly save her the effort of prying open an upper window.  Reaching out, she grasped the knob and turned, heart drumming in her ears.  It opened.  A steady exhale of excitement escaped her lips as she gently edged the door further open, creating just enough of a gap for her thin body to escape through.  Then, carefully, she pulled the door closed behind her... but left it slightly ajar.  Backup escape routes were never a bad idea, after all.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: Thought I Smelled a Rat [P; Pickle and I] [Possible M]

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/09/2014 12:44 PM

Cyril returned after a short while with a folded silk nightshirt in his hands and a fluffy towel draped over his shoulder, simple marks of a wealthy lifestyle that Cyril had long since taken for granted. He stifled a yawn as he quietly slunk down the stairs towards the washroom, and his eyes immediately darted to the door to the mudroom. He paused on the last stair, staring at it, then quietly went over to close it, with a soft click, his eyes suddenly sharp and posture alert. He peered around the dark main hall with icy eyes, then smirked slightly and went towards the washroom, making a mental note to ask a maid about fixing that door. It wouldn't do if his father saw it open like that.

[7]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[1.2]

Postby Remedy » 08/12/2014 7:47 PM

She'd already lost track of the movements of that son.  This wouldn't do.  Absolute silence was her only hope of remaining undetected; even if the youth had gone to bed already, she knew it could take a long while for him to fall into restful, deep sleep.  She exited the mudroom and set to exploring the first floor.  Going up stairs was always a tricky run as the steps provided a dangerous hindrance when attempting to flee.  Best to make sure she was the only active being in the house before attempting any upstairs explorations.

She peered around her shadowed surroundings, taking note that she was in the main hall.  With feather light steps she began her prowl down the decorated tunnel until she reached the end.  Pressing her ear up against the door at the end of the hall, she listened intently for any sounds of movement from within before trying the door.  Thankfully she had trained her eyes to see well in the dark, or else she wouldn't have been able to recognize her surroundings at all.

Suddenly, a steady thumping alerted her of another's presence.  Someone was coming down the stairs.  She closed the door ever so gently and hurried for a place to hide in the room.  Just as she suspected, with a member of the household awake, her operations would be very touch-and-go.  She waited patiently, resolved to carry on once the sounds had once again grown still.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/23/2014 11:47 AM

Cyril paused for a moment, listening close to the creaking of the house. He could've sworn he'd just heard some door close, very very softly. Maybe his father was awake, or perhaps Griffin or Erastus. Surely Gabriella wasn't well enough to walk about… Cyril frowned slightly, listening closely, then shook his head slightly to clear it, walking towards the washroom. He opened the door and peered inside the dark room, then tugged the metal string of a wall lamp to cast a cool light on the tiled room. Cyril shut the door behind him and tossed the clothes onto a bar on the wall, humming slightly to himself as he began to unbutton his shirt, his ears still very much alert. Something felt off… though he  certainly couldn't begin to pinpoint what it was.

[8]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[1.3]

Postby Remedy » 11/20/2014 8:46 PM

Her heart nearly stopped when the door opened, and she was almost sure it had when the light was turned on.  The quick-thinking hiding place she'd slipped into was, of course, behind the shower curtain.  Heartbeat hammering in her ears, she realized she only had moments to spare before her presence was undoubtedly discovered.  

A plan - something, anything - had to breach her fears and grasp the attention of her mind so she could take action.  Turning her head to look at her surroundings, she saw a long handled scrub brush hanging from a hook.  Accepting it to be as good a weapon as she'd find in her current situation, she quickly reached forth to grab hold of it.  However, in her haste, she elbowed a bar of soap out of the elegant, built-in soap dish, and it went clattering to the floor.

Her back was to the curtain, her hand was on the brush, still dangling from the hook, and the secrecy of her location was undoubtedly compromised.  Adrenaline was running full force through her veins now.

((Feel free to god-mod as much as you feel necessary here; I expect they'll have some sort of scuffle or something of the sort, if that's where you want it to go.  So by all means feel free to mold the outcome of that. X3))

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/20/2014 10:06 PM

[Thank you! Though I think it will be fine; Cyril is surprisingly level headed, though he might be pretty darn startled, I don't think he'll attack her right away haha.]

Cyril's hands paused on the final button as the soap clattered to the bathtub floor, and he froze, his blue eyes locked on a certain tile on the wall. His heart slowly resurfaced from when it dropped in his chest, and he stared at the shower curtain for a long time, trying to breathe slowly. "Who's in there?" he asked, his voice coming out smooth, despite his, admittedly, shaken nerves. "Erastus? Griffin? ...Gabriella?" he ventured, forcing his voice to be steady. His fingers were moving to rebutton the shirt, and once he'd gotten to his chest he reached out and opened the shower curtain, his eyes going wide as he took in the sight of... someone he'd honestly never seen before, or at least he figured so, for it was a bit difficult to see their identity with all of that black on. A thief, then. "Jesus," Cyril breathed, startled as he stepped backwards, one hand going to his pocket. He paused as he felt that his knife was, indeed, still in there, and he relaxed somewhat, staring warily at the burglar to see what they would do next.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[1.4]

Postby Remedy » 11/21/2014 12:33 AM

((Ah, very cool. c:))

The "intruder," as she thought of him, despite her being the one illegally entering his residence, appeared to be taking his time with the pursuit.  She momentarily pondered trying to jump out and escape while he was busy with whatever was taking him so long, but somehow could not find the strength within herself to move.  She tensed, scrub brush poised and ready for action, intently watching the shower curtain for any slight movement or ripple.  

She nearly jumped out of her skin when he called out, and focused on controlling her breathing instead of answering.  In all her time thieving, she had never been in a situation as precarious as this.  Taking deep breaths, she stayed tense and ready, though no amount of preparation could calm her restless nerves when the shower curtain was finally wrenched open.  

Jumping slightly on instinct, she stared intently at the man before her, watching him for any sudden movements.  Her teeth were tightly clenched together out of nervous habit, and so she had nothing to say for the time being.  There, in the bathroom of a wealthy estate, the thief and the resident had a rather strange sort of semi-unarmed Mexican standoff.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/25/2014 9:27 PM

Cyril stared at the intruder levelly, his heartbeat finally beginning to slow down as neither of them moved for a short while. Finally, he let out a breath, something that almost sounded like a laugh as he dipped his head to do so, and when he looked back up at the burglar, he wore an almost disbelieving smile on his face. "Well," he said, leaning back slightly against the wall as he looked her over. "Personally I'd like to know what on earth you'd be doing in my house," he said, one hand slipping into his pocket and staying there, giving him an almost casual air as he addressed her. "And my bathroom," he added, raising an eyebrow slightly. Perhaps if he could catch her off guard...

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[2.0]

Postby Remedy » 11/26/2014 8:48 PM

Taken aback by his calm demeanor, it took the thief a minute to reply.  Of course, it's in every human's nature to lie when caught in a compromising situation, but she could tell he wouldn't be amused by any tale she could spin, and "this isn't what it looks like" would be difficult to claim in this particular situation.  "Ah," she began, before clearing her throat - the anxiety of the situation was hindering not only her thoughts but her speech as well.  "Well.  I got lost," she explained innocently.  

It was a true statement, but she mentally berated herself as soon as it left her lips.  She wasn't trying to fool the man, for he was clearly no fool.  But, depending on how he took the "lost" statement, he might assume she was trying to weave an elaborate deceiving lie.  Swallowing thickly, she added, "in your house, I mean.  That's why I'm in your bathroom, I, uh, I'm supposed to be in other places in the house."

What the hell else am I supposed to say?  Her thoughts were running rampant, but she wasn't quite sure how to go about this.  Nevertheless, she remained defensive, searching his face carefully for any sign of offense.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/27/2014 1:35 AM

Cyril stared at her attentively, his light blue eyes trained sharply on her face. They barely flickered, as if searching for something, before a small smile began to spread over his face, giving off an air of humoring disbelief. "...lost," he echoed her, nodding once, his eyebrows raising. "Is that so... I didn't know we were expecting company in the middle of the night."

Cyril paused, then chuckled. This person was of no immediate threat; that much he'd determined. As for their motives, Cyril could only guess. Surely the Liskes weren't behind this... nor any other rival company. No, this seemed like a much odder occurrence, and that interested Cyril very much indeed. "Well, under normal circumstances, I wouldn't mind giving you the run of the house," he began, leaving his knife where it rested inside his pocket and folding his arms over his chest, shifting his weight to his other foot. "But as per the moment, I'm not supposed to be up and about either, on this particular night. So I'm afraid I can't let you do anything that would wake up my father or siblings."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[2.1]

Postby Remedy » 11/28/2014 4:45 PM

"Well, I can assure you I mean to make no sound..." she replied to the man in front of her.  Upon seeing him fold his arms, the thief relaxed her stance as well.  She hesitated a moment, inclined to ask what was so special about this 'particular night' that one of the household's residents can't roam about.  She thought better of the idea, recognizing it not to be her place to ask.  Best to escape as soon as possible and pray he not relay many details about her presence to the police. "But, perhaps you may allow me to leave the premises quietly instead?"  She was hopeful of this alternative, yet a sinking feeling in her gut made her think there may be more in store for her before she might make an escape.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/29/2014 7:47 PM

Cyril's eyebrows barely raised at the thief's words, and a slow smile spread over his face, his teeth showing as a monosyllabic chuckle escaped him. "Ah... no," he said flatly, walking a little closer to her and pausing, making sure to put himself between her and the door, though not entirely obviously. He still kept that casual air about him, and he tilted his chin up at her, peering at her through his bangs that had fallen in his face in his sudden start at seeing her. "No, see, this is the most interesting thing that's happened in a long time. So I can't let you leave."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[2.2]

Postby Remedy » 11/30/2014 4:59 PM

A cold shiver rushed down her spine, and she immediately went back to her previous defensive stance.  Scrub brush still clenched in her hands, she raised it threateningly, though it surely must not have looked very threatening at all.  Staring at his face, she tried her best to read some sort of emotion or indication as to what he was thinking.  To her disdain, she found the man almost impossible to read.  "Well," she began, eyebrows creased together in concentration, "What else might you have in mind for this evening?"

She held her breath after speaking, attempting to calm her beating heart.  This situation was not looking very good at all.  Her hands, usually calm and still, were beginning to tremble slightly as she awaited his response.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/22/2014 1:07 PM

Cyril considered the woman for a long moment, his blue eyes flashing over her face, the brush, a spot on the shower that needed cleaning, then back to her face, which he held with his eyes as his smile grew. "A conversation," he murmured simply, leaning back against the door with a casual softness in his eyes. "You seem like a very pleasant person. Shall I put on some tea?" he asked, or rather stated, rhetorically. "Put down that brush. If you run, I'll kill you," he added as casually as if he were talking about the weather. "You obviously have no other weapon, or you'd be holding it, or at least going for it by now, I'm sure."

There was a pause, then, "Unless you're more interesting than I thought." Cyril blinked slowly, realizing he was chattering, and he slowly opened the bathroom door, nodding to it. "After you."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Next