A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

House of Gold [Pearcivals - Self; M]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/24/2015 4:19 PM

[I have permission from Baconwizard to control Mr. and Mrs. Liske in this RP~]

Gerard wrote:
22 March 1986

It is rare these days that I have anything out of the ordinary to say. The birth of my son Cyril two years ago was a blessing to the Pearcival name; a healthy, strong child that has grown beautifully into a sure-headed, diligent young boy. Already it is clear he takes after me, and I couldn't be happier. It's also rather nice to have Ilene at home--she insisted that he would care for Cyril, instead of leaving it up to the maids. I think that will be good for him, in the long run. I've elected to have him home schooled, and only the best tutor will do. At the moment, I'm in the market for one; interviews and screenings will of course be of absolute necessity. There's little time to waste; the training of the mind should start young, and I can't afford to have my firstborn be slighted in any way.

"Mr. Pearcival, sir?"

Gerard raised his eyes from the leather-bound diary he'd been scribbling in to stare at the butler who'd knocked and entered. "Yes? What is it?" Gerard asked, closing the diary with a soft thump and latching it, then tucking it in a drawer at his desk. "Something the matter?"

"Not exactly. There's been a slight mixup regarding the upcoming meeting with the Liskes," the butler said, staying in the doorway, knowing permission to enter had not fully been granted. When Gerard didn't respond, he went on, "They would like to reschedule. Something seems to have come up--a medical issue with Mrs. Liske."

"Oh. That is unfortunate," Gerard murmured, his brows knitting slightly in a mask of concern. He couldn't care less what happened between the Liske family; they were unpleasant people, and business rivals at that. Still, Gerard was a reasonable man, a man of sympathy and warmth. That was what he had to be, to run a company that sold medicine for ailing patients. Pharmacists needed to be open and caring for customers to feel comfortable--the CEO of a pharmaceutical company was no different. "Tell them... next thursday, same time, same place?"

"Yes, sir. I'll pass on the message with haste."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: House of Gold [Pearcivals - Self; M]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/24/2015 5:33 PM

Gerard wrote:
7 April 1986

The Liskes were kind enough to share the news with me: Mrs. Liske is pregnant. In all honesty I'm quite surprised; the two of them are rather advanced in their age. It's almost rather miraculous that they'll finally have an heir to their company. But then, they've always been copycats. I suppose Cyril will have to deal with this Liske child in his adulthood; I pity him, honestly. I would not wish a young Liske on anyone, for it's certain it would grow up just like its parents, but with more insufferable new-age ideas, frivolous and wasteful as their attitude has always been. Ah, but there are old wives tales about writing ill of others. It only brings trouble.

It was three months later when Gerard and Ilene were invited to a large banquet meeting in America with several other prominent pharmaceutical companies from around the world. Ilene had elected to leave Cyril at home with some of their most trusted maids, knowing things would be fine for the week they would be gone. Somehow or another, despite the large yet somehow intimate crowd, the Pearcivals were suddenly face to face with the Liskes, smiling pleasantly and coldly.

"Ohhh it's so good to see you made it!" Mrs. Liske crooned, hanging on her husband's arm as she laughed. "I know it's such a long way, it seems like it would be such a bother to fly over here for such a short amount of time."

"Oh, it's... not much trouble," Ilene said politely, with a mildly uncomfortable smile. Unlike Gerard, she had very little opinion on the Liskes. Mrs. Liske was loud, and said too much most of the time, but she didn't mind terribly much. Mr. Liske frightened her, however, and reminded her a little too much of Gerard himself. Mr. Liske was cold, colder than Gerard, she was sure. Though it wasn't as if Gerard was an ideal husband, either...

"How do you do," Gerard murmured shortly, sticking out a hand for Mr. Liske, who shook it with an equally short air, taking his hand back almost instantly, simultaneous to Gerard. His eyes flicked to Mrs. Liske, and he stared for a few moments. After three months... surely she should be showing. But her figure seemed no different from how it did that meeting in early April...

"We're just fine," Mr. Liske's voice was low as he lightly laid his hand on his wife's, who continued to chatter endlessly back and forth with Ilene. "Thank you."

Ah, of course. There had been complications, Gerard thought. A quick exchange of glances with his wife confirmed she noticed the same thing.

How unfortunate.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...