A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

[Self] Looking in a Mirror

Postby SpringsSong » 03/16/2015 3:55 PM

Ecia, 65bc2b
In anthro form

The Seraph Kuhna padded through the streets calmly, her wings settled calmly at her back, and her dress shifting loosely in the wind.  It was a pale yellow and green in color, much like the stripes on her arms and tails, or the feathers on her wings.  Her white fur seemed pristine, and her soft, yellow hair was illuminated by the halo that was floating over her head.

She was relieved that the stigma surrounding her species was proven false.  Ecia had only ever wanted to do good for those around her, often wandering around her grandparents' estate and offering aid to the household help that were in less than ideal health.  She had even offered to help with the medical needs of her mother, father, grandparents, and aunts when they went on the road for a performance--after all, the stress alone could cause one's health to be more fragile, but she also deeply adored music.

Today, she found herself in the white and silver city of Medicai; a place where she could do a great deal of help.  She had seen a Common Kuhna in one of the hospitals on more than one occasion--Erica, as she recalled--and she saw this same Common Kuhna now, walking toward the hospital she worked at with a Darkflame Kuhna at her side.  She remembered hearing that the Darkflame was a special-case patient of hers; naturally frail and constantly picked on by his Revelate half-siblings (and, in fact, Ecia had confidently strode up to him and announced that they were cousins--for they were, his mother and her grandmother was Alana).

"Oof!" Ecia cried, having bumped into someone while she had been watching Erica and the Darkflame walk towards the hospital.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: [Self] Looking in a Mirror

Postby SpringsSong » 03/16/2015 4:18 PM

Eildra, ea570a
In anthro form

The Mirror Kuhna had been wandering around aimlessly, with no particular destination in mind.  She usually didn't have anywhere to be, and today was no exception to that rule.  Medicai was something like her home, and she was content not to leave.

Lately, however, the Mirror Kuhna had noticed something rather odd in the day-to-day.  There was a Seraph Kuhna that would come to Medicai; some times, she'd stop in one of the hospitals, and other days, she'd visit a little clinic that had a packed waiting room.  She never seemed to go to the same place twice in the same week, and she was honestly intrigued by her--at least, she assumed that the Seraph Kuhna was a female; she did, after all, wear dresses.

She had not, however, intended to run into the Seraph Kuhna (who had been paying attention to two Kuhnas across the street that she seemed moderately familiar with) when she was walking down the street.

"By Yepha--I'm sorry," Eildra said hurriedly, her tails curling around her waist.  She was wearing a t-shirt and pants, with her midriff exposed.  The pants were tattered at the ends, and the t-shirt had definitely seen better days.  "I should've been paying more attention to where I was going..."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/16/2015 4:28 PM

"No, the fault is mine," Ecia said hurriedly.  "I shouldn't have tried catching my cousin's attention from across the street--I should've just crossed and spoken with him, but what's done is done," she said, rubbing the back of her neck with her paw-hand.  She looked over the other Kuhna with a small measure of concern; this was not the first time she'd seen the Mirror Kuhna, but now that she was seeing her up close--the tattered state of her clothes, the slightly dulled state of her fur...

"Your cousin?" Eildra said, tilting her head.  "Which... one is your cousin, if you don't mind my asking?" she asked.

"The Darkflame," Ecia said.  "But, I know the nurse with him, too.  I've worked alongside her with other patients in the hospital that she works at.  I'm Ecia--what's your name?" she asked, tilting her head as she looked at the Mirror Kuhna again.  "I know I've seen you around here, before, but I've never spoken to you..."

She's noticed me around the city, too?  Drat, Eildra thought before she cleared her throat and replied, "My name is Eildra... it's nice to meet you, Ecia."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/16/2015 4:36 PM

"Eildra, you said?  That's a pretty name," Ecia said, offering her hand to the other to shake.  "Now, I know I've seen you--rather, I know I've seen a Mirror Kuhna or two in my time around Medicai--but, is Medicai your home?"

"As much of a home as it can be," Eildra said.  "I... don't have much of a proper home, if you take my meaning.  Been looking for one, but it's a little harder than you'd think.  People mostly just look at me, see the white eyes, assume I'm blind, and when I pick up on the fact that they're either trying to treat me like I'm porcelain and must be protected, or like I can't do anything for myself and would just be a burden, they... get even more antsy"

"Well, that's hardly a fair assumption to make of someone in any circumstance," Ecia said.  "But... how do you mean, they get even more antsy when you pick up on how they're behaving towards you?"

"Well, Ecia, I am a Mirror Kuhna," Eildra said.  "I tend to... mirror others' emotions back to them."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/16/2015 7:41 PM

"I've heard of Mirror Kuhnas," Ecia said.  "I've never heard of them... reflecting the emotions of those around them, though.  To... what extent does that happen?" she asked, and Eildra shifted nervously.  When she didn't answer at first, Ecia quickly added, "You don't... need to tell me if you don't want to..."

"No, it's... nobody's ever asked me something like that before," Eildra said quickly.  "Well, it's... it would be like someone looking into a mirror, almost.  Looking at me and seeing themselves there instead.  It unnerves some, and upsets others.  I'm... not very popular in certain establishments for those reasons, you see."

"I can imagine not," Ecia said, folding her arms.  "To see how everyone else sees you in a complete stranger... I would certainly be both intrigued and concerned to see the results of something like that."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/23/2015 9:47 PM

"Well, if a place of residence is a problem, then I could offer you a place at my own house," Ecia said. "Honestly, I don't know why my papa felt that my sister and I needed so much space when we moved out from his estate in Craiss.  I think, mostly, he didn't want us feeling like we had to be tied there when they're traveling..."

"Your father travels a lot?" Eildra asked, and Ecia shook her head.

"No--well, yes.  But--Papa isn't my father.  'Dad' or 'Father' is my father; 'Papa' is my grandfather," Ecia said.  "He, Gram, Auntie Naira, Aunt Glori, Dad, and Mom all travel for performances.  All but Mom play instruments--Mom goes wherever Dad goes, though," she said, smiling.  "Auntie Naira actually said that Dad proposed to Mom on the night of some big gala where their quintet debuted a piece that Gram wrote."

"You come from a family of musicians?" Eildra asked.  "That sounds wonderful to grow up around."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/30/2015 6:24 PM

"It is," Ecia said, a dreamy look in her eyes.  "Papa and Gram rehearse for a couple hours a day, when Papa's not busy preparing lessons for the local school in Craiss.  He teaches music theory to children who wish to learn about it."

"Isn't music theory a little..." Eildra began, frowning as she tried to think of the appropriate word.

"Advanced for children?  One would think," Ecia said.  "However, Papa believes that you can never start too early if a child shows a true desire to learn music, and that knowing music theory that early is actually good for them.  He also has a... gift for working with children, moreso than adults."

"It sounds like this is your grandfather's passion," Eildra observed, her head inclining ever so slightly.  "He must have studied for a long time, if he can teach such a complex subject to children."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate