A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

A Bounty of Botany Books [P:Kabuto&I][M:L?]

Postby Kylo » 04/01/2015 3:04 PM

(Bane Castle-Humanoid form)

To say the medical botanist was pleased was an understatement. No, Bane was absolutely ecstatic about the plethora of botany books to be found in one of the city's older library. He had already pulled out at least a dozen and a half books on the subject and they were stacked high on the small table in the back of the library. Two of the books were on roses alone while the others ranged from ancient medicinal plants to modern uses for the chemical make up of old world herbs. Bespectacled eyes scanned the pages of the first book quickly as he quickly absorbed the new information like a sponge. It was one of his best talents, to be able to completely memorize a book in one sitting, along with reading at rapid speeds. He'd probably finish the library's entire section of botany books in one day at the current rate he was going, and that was quite a feat considering just how many books there were on the subject.

Bane absentmindedly reach down into his always present bag of sweets to fish out some sustenance for himself. Not bothering to even look at what it was, he popped it into his mouth and began to chew quietly as he studied a table covering the effects of different fertilizers on the Martha Washington rose. Screwing his face up, he squinted at a line that was blurred from a slight printing error trying to make out the words. Finally figuring them out he moved on as he heard someone approach his table. Bane did not look up as he doubted anyone would attempt to engage in conversation with him when he was clearly at work.

[1]

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: A Bounty of Botany Books [P:Kabuto&I][M:L?]

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/01/2015 8:41 PM

Gamma always felt a strange mix of emotions when he found himself perusing a library that was not his own. On the one hand, his love of libraries knew no territorial bounds. On the other, he couldn't help scowling enviously at the other visitors. Why wasn't his library this busy? Okay, so he didn't have quite as grand a range of books. It wasn't as big or in as good a location. And he had to admit, this one was much better ventilated.

Trying to put aside his petty jealousy, he shoved the brim of his glasses back to its proper place and resumed scanning the letters of the rows. He had chosen the botany section somewhat arbitrarily, mainly because it was a section his own library lacked in somewhat. Such a shame too when it was such a fascinating field! His plan was to find the titles of the most checked-out books and take note of the titles so he could obtain a couple for his own collection. It sounded like a daunting task but he was used to working quickly and to be honest, he'd enjoy it.

Just then, a very unusual sight indeed caught his eye. He'd been passing one of the rows when he noticed that a lot of the books seemed to be missing. A lot. Was this library so poorly kept that the owners allowed great gaping gaps on their shelves? He was about to go on an internal rant when he spotted the culprit. Before he could really think about it, he'd marched over to where the man was reading at the table.

"Excuse me. You seem to have rather a lot of the books on botany." It was a weird way to start a conversation and Gamma wasn't really sure why he was pointing that fact out. Curiousity maybe? It had been a long time since he'd seen someone read like this man

{4/5, 19, 4}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate