A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: .:Medical Shenanigans [P: Arri] M:E

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/08/2015 12:02 AM

"I used to know someone who worked there." Luminare said. "He said their spiced curry was the best in town. I've never been there myself, but I'd be willing to head over there one of these lunches with you. Since you know the menu, and can steer me away from anything too spicy."

He laughed, and paused right before the place they were going, turning back toward Avery, and motioning. "Head on inside for a moment. I have to take this message." he waved his pager a bit. "It's important. Go ahead and get us seated, and order the extra-large cheesedip. I'll pay for that." Patting his shoulder, he smiled, and gave him a light shove. "Just let me get this."

With that, he took out his phone, and dialed a number, sounding... very annoyed that he had to interrupt lunch with Avery to take a damned call...

And why did he have to take this damned call? It was someone from the hospital, and they needed an opinion 'right now'. When he finally got the lady to slow down enough, it turned out to be something trivial... which irritated him even more. Finally hanging up the phone, he jammed it into his pocket, and headed into the restaurant to find Avery.
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/11/2015 12:05 PM

"Oh? That's actually quite interesting to hear that you knew someone who worked there, small world isn't it?" he glanced at him with a big grin for a moment, "I would NOT suggest the  drunken noodles. Not unless you want a mouth full of hellfire, even if they happen to be my favorite thing on the menu there. However, I know of many good dishes on there that aren't hot."

Upon hearing that he had to take a call, Avery frowned. It was most likely work coming to bother him again, per usual. Part of him was hoping that no one would bother him, or need his immediate care in the trauma ward. That was the last thing he wanted to do, especially on an empty stomach. "A-alright.."

Avery did as he was told, getting a nice seat by the window so he could people watch in between conversations. He ordered the cheese dip as well as some coffee for the both of them, just in case Luminare needed some as well. As soon as he saw the cardiologist he waved him down, signaling where he had taken a seat.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/11/2015 9:13 PM

Luminare noticed Avery, and moved over to take a seat across from him, with a slight sigh. "I'm sorry about that, Avery. Apparently there were some mix-ups in the patient files, and the receptionist had to clarify which patients were being seen today. Things will be so much more organized when we get them into the digital system, but as it is... you drop one stack of papers, and the whole day could be discombobulated." he dipped a chip after he was finished talking, and munched on it idly as he glanced out the window.

"Not many here for breakfast." he observed, nibbling on another chip. "They must be working overtime... or maybe they've chosen to go home and sleep... like we both hope to do after our 'dinner'. At least I hope to do so." He leaned back in the seat a bit, and closed his eyes for a moment.. before opening them again, and grabbing another chip to dip and eat. "I hope our server shows up soon. I'm hungry, but I'm also exhausted. I might fall asleep right here in the booth!" he said, mostly teasing.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/12/2015 6:58 PM

Avery was happy to see Luminare return to quickly, "I understand, it seems as though we always have work pestering us day after day. Seldom does it feel like we get time to ourselves," the surgeon helped himself to a chip, coating the bottom with the dip before eating it, washing it down with the coffee he ordered.

"It seems so. Then again we are here a bit early. Still, I can't wait for our server so I can order some real food. This chip and dip isn't going to last forever, nor do I want to fill up on it," he said with a chuckle, nibbling another chip. "So... do you plan on going home after dinner? I don't know if I would be on call, but I for sure don't want to go back to work right after a meal. I need to rest now and then."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/12/2015 9:50 PM

"Oh good gods, I hope so." Luminare said, laughing a bit, and making a warding sign. "Let's hope nothing terrible happens while the both of us are trying to sleep. We can obviously take care of the paperwork for your promotion after both of us have had at least five hours. If not slightly more. I don't work tonight." Leaning back a bit, he stretched out, lacing his fingers and yawning. "I could do with a slow night, too. You don't work tonight either, according to the schedule."

He tapped his finger on the rim of his coffee mug, thinking quietly. How long had it been since he'd slept with someone? Let alone someone as good-looking as the albiet-tired man right across from him. There was medical evidence to show that regular intimate contact actually helped to reduce stress-levels, and provided a whole host of other benefits. As far as his count of partners went... well, he wasn't a virgin. But he wasn't exactly all that experienced, either. This last lover had left a trail of debts and broken promises on his way out of Luminare's door and life. But surely...

"Avery... I hate to ask it over dinner, but... are you single?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/12/2015 10:17 PM

"I think I can get away with being off work for the day, if anything I think they did hint at letting me catch up on some Zs. Some of the staff have noticed my extreme exhaustion, so I hope they let the higher ups know," he took another long sip of his coffee, the bitter black liquid being a welcome taste. The last thing on his mind was getting back in his scrubs and visiting the trauma ward to save a patients life. After the last two he lost... he just couldn't take losing another in the same week. He should be used to it right?

Avery began to eat more chips, passing the time until they got their orders down. He expected Luminare to talk more about work or his plans, but the words that fell out of his mouth caught the surgeon by surprise. He wasn't serious was he? Was the cardiologist poking around with him, or was he generally curious about his relationship status. "Well um... I'm single now," he said, trying not to trip over his words, "We... didn't work out too well due to my hours being too much for her. The one before that decided he needed to move to another country, for reasons I don't even know," yes he did say 'he'. Hopefully he wouldn't be judged on that one.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/12/2015 10:27 PM

"Ahh... I definitely understand. My last two were... odd, as they go. The first one up and ran away with some woman I think he met at a bus-stop? I don't know. His last letter was fairly short and didn't tell me much. And the most recent... He strung me along for a very long time before he realized that I was onto him, and left me with a bunch of debt to pay off, and a lot of promises he never intended to keep." Luminare explained, sipping his coffee quietly. "Neither of them seemed all that sleazy when I met them, but you never can seem to tell. Sometimes it's... hard to deny what appears to be love at first sight."

He set down his coffee cup, and looked across at Avery. "I would suggest, that since we're both single... and both have a day off... and both are exhausted with life and other things... that perhaps we could..." he paused here, and ran his finger around the rim of the mug. "Perhaps you could come to my place instead of going home alone after dinner? I would be more than willing to share my bed with you. You aren't exactly hard to look at, Avery - and gods only know how long it's been since Peter left me. I've been pretty much celibate since then." he shrugged. "And besides - we both know each other from work. Have for a long while now. I trust you."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/12/2015 10:41 PM

The surgeon was taken aback by what Luminare said about his previous lovers, which were both men. He didn't know that he went that way, but it really didn't change anything about him regardless. "I'm sorry to hear that. It's not a great feeling when someone leaves you." Avery set his coffee cup down, staring into the inky black fluid in the mug in thought.

He looked back up after Luminare suggested he should come back to his place instead of going straight home. The surgeon could feel his face heat up, glancing down into his mug for a moment, then back at Luminare. He wasn't just suggesting that he come to his house to chat and spend some idle time together, no, he was suggesting something else entirely. "Well... um.." he gave a chuckle, admitting that working off some stress in that way seemed like a good idea, and he knew the cardiologist well enough to consider them as being close. What really made him feel good about it, was the concept of trust between them, "I would love to, Luminare."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/12/2015 11:18 PM

Luminare beamed as he said yes, and dipped his head into his coffee for a moment before looking up and saying anything. "In that case, we can take our time with dinner." he said, reaching across, and putting one hand over Avery's, and squeezing lightly. "We can take it slow after that. My place is that castle overlooking Medicai. Hard to miss once you're out of city limits."

He perused the menu a bit, and decided on the pick-a-combo, giving his order to a pert young server the next time she came around. "Yes, I'll have the Pick-a-Combo with the Fajitas, two tacos, and tortilla soup. Hold the jalapenos in all of that. And give me water to drink."

Closing the menu, he looked across at Avery, wondering what he was going to order. Tonight was definitely going to prove to be... interesting, if not downright exciting. He hadn't had anyone to share his bed in so very, very long. And Avery did appear to be quite a catch.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/14/2015 3:33 PM

Avery smiled at the contact, someone touching him in a way that wasn't related to work, or dying people, or holding a cold tool in his hand while he worked. No, it was something more friendly, loving even. "I am not known for taking things slow, but I wouldn't mind sharing some passionate time with another. It has been too long since I had been with someone, let alone have the touch of another person aside from trying to save their lives."

He was actually becoming a bit excited just thinking about what would happen after dinner, and with someone from work nonetheless. That made it even more exciting to him, some scandalous relationship between two doctors, one that they might need to keep secret for a time. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't realize the server was looking at him, waiting for him to place his order.

"Oh, I will have the chicken enchiladas with a side of that tortilla soup," he smiled back at Luminare, wondering why this soup seemed to be his favorite. Only one way to find out, and that was to try it himself.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/17/2015 7:37 AM

While they waited for dinner, Luminare mused out-loud. It was a habit of his left-over from medical school, and a habit of the soul-part which inhabited him.

"I had often wondered what it was you were doing in the breakrooms lately." he said, sipping his coffee quietly. "All slumped over like that, looking as though a feather could knock you over. If I had known you were so tired, Avery, I would have offered you my cot sooner. Granted, you would have had to approach me." He chuckled a bit, and set his mug down. "I watch you at work, you know. You throw yourself into it. You don't let anyone else tell you how to do your job. I admire that. But you also seem achingly shy when it comes to..." he gestured with his hands in the air, fishing for a word. ".. Interaction, I suppose. With fellow doctors and the interns. I've had a couple come to me calling you a snob."

He arched his brow a bit, and took another sip of coffee. "I was pretty sure you weren't one, and I told them that. But the fact remains... you seem to avoid people like the veritable plague." he looked across at Avery with a soft smile on his features. "We'll break you of that solitary habit yet. There are very few of the doctors and nurses that haven't also been talking you up in the hallways. You're handsome, Avery. Handsome, smart, and dedicated. That's not exactly common in combination in our field. More than a few interns have approached me over the years asking me if you were single." another quiet chuckle. "After all. It's not unheard of, and even... not all that uncommon... for doctors to shack up together. There's a familiarity of spirit, a bond even." he shrugged. "I know at least a quarter of the staff are sleeping together."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/19/2015 12:06 PM

Luminare certainly had a way of being quite chatty when nothing else was happening, which was the exact opposite of himself. Avery was a well reserved person most of the time, but could easily slip up and begin to spill his guts to someone if he was tired enough. "You seem to have been watching me quite well if you picked all of that up. I don't know whether to take that as endearing or creepy, but since it's you, I would certainly take it as the former," he ran his index finger over the rim of his water glass, lazily staring at the clear fluid as it danced to the slightest of vibration.

When he continued, it felt like everything coming out of his mouth was giving him a surge of mixed emotions. While he suspected many of his coworkers talked about him behind his back, both good and bad, but he never thought they would ask if he were single. He just assumed that many of them saw him as too much of a workaholic to care about relationships. "Um... thank you for letting me know, as well as the kind words and... well, are you proposing that we should... date on top of how tonight goes?" he stared more intently on the glass of water, not wanting to look at the doctor across the table seeing as how his already bad heart was beating quite fast, "I-I'm not opposed to the idea... if you desire me as something more than a playmate for a night."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/20/2015 8:32 AM

Luminare laughed very quietly, and took another sip of his coffee before answering. "Avery, I'm sure the others have told you a bit about me. I can imagine exactly what they say, too." He effected a very effeminate voice, obviously meant to be mimicking one of the ladies at the front desk. "Oh, that Luminare. He's a good doctor, you know, but a little strange. They say he doesn't take lovers, can you imagine that! And all the times women and men have hit on him, you'd think he was a cold fish for not taking them up on it!" He cleared his throat, and gave Avery a wink, continuing on in his own natural voice. "Spot on, right? Well... The reason I don't take propositions like that is because... I don't do one-night-stands."

He nursed his coffee cup between his hands for a moment, and thought how best to approach this particular subject. Of course, Avery wasn't stupid, so he decided on the blunt approach.

"If I was only interested in you as a fling, Avery, I would have never invited you to dinner, nor asked you to share my bed. To me, relationships are very much about long-term, and I would be honored if you would date me after tonight. I don't know your own preferences on the matter, but if I intended anything less, I wouldn't have spoken with you about it at all. If... that makes sense?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/21/2015 3:29 PM

He chuckled at Luminare's impression of the female coworkers, giving a nod as he spoke. "It is spot on, and I do admit to hearing some chatter here and there about you that sounds close to that," he leaned back in his chair and stared at him, carefully thinking over his offer again. He was asking for a full on relationship after the night was over, and by all accounts they seemed to click quite well. He knew Luminare as a coworker, and now a friend, and from his new knowledge that so many doctors in the like were shacking up as it was... kind of made him feel better about his decision.

"You have given me a bit to think about and... to be honest with you," he paused for suspense to make it all the more dramatic, "I don't think... I could refuse dating you Luminare. You are a very kind man, and funny too. You already proved that you could help me when I'm at my worst, and that is what I really need right now... for someone to care about me, and watch me in case..." he stopped and looked down into his coffee cup, "In case something happens to me. I was born with a bad heart and... I worry that someday I will have some serious complications one day."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/21/2015 4:22 PM

Luminare reached across, and took Avery's hand in both of his, looking across at him, and giving him a calm, although serious look. "Then the first thing we do, when we get to my place... is I examine you. Thoroughly." He reached across to push some of Avery's hair out of his eyes. "I'm a cardiologist for a reason, Avery. I'll help you."

Quietly, he brought Avery's hand across the table, and kissed the back of it. "Although now that you've told me, I'm probably going to be checking your pulse at every moment I'm able to." he said with a soft chuckle. "Because that's just the kind of man I am." He smoothed his thumb lightly across the back of Avery's fingers, and kissed the fingers again.

"After we eat, we'll head to my place, and I'll get an ear-full of your heart. Don't worry, Avery. I won't let anything happen to you. After all... you're my boyfriend now, right?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext