A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Don't They Make Leashes for These Things? [P]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/01/2015 9:04 AM

ImageImageImageImage

The van came to a screeching halt in the parking lot, and all four of the passengers were flung forward into their seatbelts. Constance had been used to Tati's driving abilities, or lack thereof, already, but the two children with their fingernails dug into the leather of the backseat had looked a little queasy themselves. Constance peeked out her window, frowning. "Tati, you're parked in two spaces."

The woman pushed open her door and slid out. "Good." She bent down and clicked a button under her seat, a thin, mechanical box sliding out and splitting into two trays. In each of the trays were two guns and a few small knives with jagged blades. Constance slid out of the car too. "What if someone else needs the parking spot?"

Cecelia and Martin, now recovered, released themselves from their belts and peered over in between the two front seats at what Tati was doing. Martin had looked terrified at the weapons, but Cecelia had been more than fascinated. "Why do you have guns?" She asked.

Tati ignored her. "The parking lot is huge. If they need a parking spot they can find one somewhere else." She removed one of the handguns and tossed it to Constance, who caught it with ease and slid it into her waistband. "Why do you have guns?" Cecelia asked again, ignoring that she had been ignored. "It's just courtesy." Constance responded to Tati. "What if those little, rent a cop parking lot police guys come over and give you a ticket or something?"

"Why do you have guns?"

Tati looked back at the little girl impatiently, tucking one of her own glock pistols into her waistband. "To shoot the rent a cop if he comes here. Now get out of the car." Martin and Cecelia scrambled to follow her instructions, swinging the door open too wide and nearly hitting Constance in the effort. And once they had jumped down onto the asphalt, Tati had had them both by the neck. She spun them around to face her and pushed them back against the van. "Okay, now listen up. And listen carefully. We are not your babysitters, we are not your nannies, we are not your friends." Constance rolled her eyes. "We are here, and only here, to protect you."

"Because someone's tryna hurt Daddy."

Constance pulled Tati off of them and replaced her, her voice much more gentle than the older woman's had been. "Exactly. And they might hurt you too. Which is why it is so important that you listen to us and follow our directions. We're not even supposed to be here in the first place, but Martin wanted his...his ingredients for his..." She furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Bananas foster flambé." The five year old explained in a very small voice.

Constance stared at him for a bit. "...Right. So we're going into that grocery store, picking up a few things, and then we're leaving. Right?"

"Right."

"Right!"

"Damn right."

[1][1][24][24]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: Don't They Make Leashes for These Things? [P]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/04/2015 9:51 AM

The automatic doors slid open and Constance, Martin, and Tati made their way through. When Cecelia had paused, Tati had whirled around, her eyes narrowed. "What are you doing? Get in here." She demanded. But Cecelia had only held up a finger to her and muttered a, "Give me a second." The eight year old balled her fists and began to swing her arms once, twice, then three times, before jumping through the open doors. When she landed, feet firmly planted on the ground, she had given herself a triumphant nod. "There."

Tati and Constance exchanged a look. "What...what the hell was that?" Tati demanded, looking down at Cecelia's brother. Martin, however, did not so much perturbed as he did annoyed, this evidently being something that Cecelia had been doing for quite a while. "I always jump through those doors." Cecelia explained. "I don't want them to close on me. They'll cut me right in half."

"You know that's not how automatic doors work, right?" Constance asked, both confused and amused. "They won't cut you in half. They have sensors in the ground that stop them from closing on people and," She couldn't help her smile. "Cutting them in half."

"And what if they stop working?" Cecelia asked, in a tone as if the older girls were asking irrational questions. "Then they'll cut you right in half because you weren't paying attention. But not me. I always pay attention." She flipped her hair and strutted past the three.

Tati looked down at Martin. "Is she always like this?"

He nodded.

[2][2][25][25]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 9:25 AM

The grocery store was a thought busier than Tati and Constance had anticipated, and that was making the pair a little wary. Everyone hustling and bustling before them could be an assassin: mothers with their children, shifty looking teenagers itching with the urge to swipe something, blue collar workers picking up milk before heading home, businessmen picking up bottles of champagne to celebrate, bag boys, babies...it was almost too much for them to keep track of. "This was a bad idea." Tati muttered to Constance. Her hand was rested nonchalantly on her hip, ready to draw her glock from her waist at any second. Constance shrugged beside her. "What were we supposed to do? We couldn't keep them locked up in their rooms all day. They were getting so," She scrunched her nose. "Fussy."

Up ahead of them, Cecelia and Martin did not share the same hesitations their guardians did. They were weaving back and forth in between each other and the other patrons, running around stray carts and in between legs. Constance and Tati were beginning to struggle to keep up with them. "Cecelia! Martin!" Constance tried to yell to no avail.

"I'm a toxins expert who's assassinated commanders and admirals and presidents." Tati whined, watching the two little brats up ahead. "And now I'm chasing after toddlers in supermarkets. How did I get here?"

[3][3][28][28]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 9:32 AM

Suddenly the two children disappeared into one of the aisles, and Tati and Constance lost visual of them completely. Both exchanged a panicked look and sprinted after them, shoving aside a few angry customers as they did so. "Move it!" Tati hissed to one particularly slow old lady who hadn't seen her coming. When Tati rounded the corner she had had her hand wrapped around her glock, ready to pull it out. Constance was not too far behind. "Where are they?" She asked breathily.

Tati released her grip on her gun and angrily flapped her trench coat closed. "Safe. Picking out cake mix." She growled. Constance peeked over her shoulder and breathed a sigh of relief. Cecelia had been standing, knees a little bent, with her brother perched unstably on her shoulders. He wobbled as he tried to reach for one of the boxes of cake mix.

Tati marched over to where they were and ripped the cake mix off of the shelf while Constance gently grabbed Martin by the waist and hoisted him off his sister. "Hey!" Cecelia exclaimed. "We had it!" Tati shoved the cake mix into Martin's arms, and he stumbled back with the force. "Look, I'm not going back to the palace to tell the Archduke that no, his son didn't die by the bullet of an assassin, but because he fell off of your daughter's soldiers and cracked his head open on the tile. Got it?" But Cecelia only crossed her arms to pout.

[4][4][29][29]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 9:42 AM

"Why don't we try and get the rest of the ingredients?" Constance quickly suggested, sensing one of Cecelia's little tantrums starting to come along. She glanced down at Martin, who was hugging his box of cake mix like it was a stuffed animal. He was gaping at Tati and his sister, as if they might begin to fight in the middle of the baking aisle. Constance placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "What's next on your list?" She asked him.

Martin looked up at her, having to tilt his head all the way back, he was so small. "Bananas." He said, his voice barely above a whisper. "Okay." Constance said with a nod. "So then we need to go-"

"To the produce aisle!" Cecelia finished excitedly. "Come on!" She exclaimed, grabbing Martin's wrist and dragging him down the aisle they were in before either Tati or Constance had the chance to react. It had only taken a few seconds before the children were, once again, completely out of view. Constance felt that same panicky sensation as she and Tati began running after them, once again having to navigate through the numerous, and very confused, customers. "We're doing a pretty terrible job." Constance said to Tati as they rounded the corner. Where even was the produce aisle.

"That's probably because we're not professional nannies." Tati hissed back to her, scanning each of the aisles as they ran past them. "Once again, how did we even get stuck with this job?"

Constance shrugged. "Arcane has been MIA for a bit, which she usually is. And Bauer and Jonah are working with the Archduke on some safety regulations for the palace." Tati snorted and rolled her eyes. "Surprise, surprise, the women get stuck watching the kids while the men actually get to do their job. Now where are these freaking kids?"

[5][5][30][30]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 12:15 PM

When they eventually found the sign pointing to the produce aisle, Tati was terrified of what they would find inside. The kids hadn't been out of their sight for long, but someone with Tati's experience knew that it only took a second of you taking your eye off the ball for someone to strike. She had done so countless of times before. "If something happens to those stupid kids our asses are on the line." She said, exasperated. "Nothing is going to happen." Constance countered, though she didn't sound so sure herself.

Running into the aisle, Tati and Constance peered around, desperately trying to locate Cecelia and Martin. Finally, Constance nudged her partner. "There." She said, pointing in the direction of where the bananas where. And sure enough, standing next to the banana cart were Cecelia and Martin. Cecelia had been holding the box of mix with one hand, and was using the other to load up Martin's arms with bananas. There were so many in the little boy's arms he couldn't see anything in front of him.

Constance made it over to them first. "Okay, we really need to set some boundaries on how far away you guys are allowed to be from us." She demanded, still breathing heavy.

"Which is basically not at all." Tati added, shaking her head at all of the bananas. Yet, Cecelia still hadn't slowed her pace and hadn't even bothered to turn around to face them. "You guys take too long." She complained, gently balancing a banana on Martin.

"I don't care." Tati said firmly, wrenching the banana away from her and putting it back in the cart. "You can't keep running off like that. And you sure as hell can't take all of those bananas home with you." Cecelia reached for it again, glaring challengingly at Tati. "Why not?" She demanded.

[6][6][31][31]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 2:54 PM

"Why not?" Tati asked her incredulously. This was the exact reason that Tati did not tolerate children. They were so unreasonable. No room for reason in those tiny, stupid heads of theirs, and arguing now with Cecelia was an enormous waste of her time. "Why not?" She asked again, leaning in to glower at the girl. "Because the woman with the gun and the dagger told you no, that's why." Behind Cecelia, Constance had already started sneaking the bulk of the bananas out of Martin's arms and back into the cart. Martin looked to be relieved.

"You can't hurt me." Cecelia said, stepping closer to Tati defiantly. "I know you can't hurt me. Because you're here to protect us, not hurt us." She answered firmly. "Besides, our daddy and mommy are the Archduke and Archduchess of Skytaen, so you have to do whatever we say." Cecelia stamped her foot. "And I say we can have all the bananas we want."

Tati swore one of her blood vessels just popped.

She thought of all of the terrible things she wanted to do to this child. Dip her in acid, shoot her in the face, throw her off of a building, run over her with her van, or at the very least punch her in mouth. None of which she would do, of course, but Tati knew it would have felt so good. "You know what? You're right. We're here to protect you." Tati said sweetly. For a moment, Cecelia looked quite satisfied with herself, but Constance and even Martin knew better. They eyed Tati curiously. "Here to protect you and your brother, and even your Mommy and Daddy. But, wouldn't it be a shame if we 'accidentally' messed up?"

This got Cecelia's attention a little. "What do you mean?" She asked, folding her arms.

[7][7][33][33]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 3:05 PM

"What do I mean?" Tati asked her with a dry laugh, coming to stand straight. "I don't know, Cecelia, maybe it's just the fact that since I've been running after you all day and having to argue with you over nonsense, I might just be too tired to guard your Mommy and Daddy later." She said with a mocking pout.

Realizing just where Tati was planning on going with this, Constance started to smile with amusement. She covered her mouth with one hand and used the other to grab Martin's. Martin had been a good boy this entire day, so there was no reason that he should have to suffer with his spoiled older sister. She leaned down next to him and whispered, "Why don't you and I go get one of those little shopping baskets? That way you don't have to hold everything in your hand?"

Martin looked like he was ready to escape the tension, and he nodded shyly, squeezing Constance's hand. "Okay." He answered, just as quietly. The two slipped away to go back towards the front of the store to find one of the baskets, undetected by Cecelia, who shifted to her other foot. "What would happen if you were too tired?" She asked. Tati could tell that she was getting a little nervous, but was trying to act like she hadn't been bothered at all by the notion.

"Well, if Constance and I were too tired to guard your Mommy and Daddy, then," Tati grinned wickedly. "Something very bad might happen to them. One of those very bad men that everyone is worried about might, oh I don't know, sneak through the window at night. With a knife, to cut off your Mommy's head." Cecelia gaped at Tati, her mouth dropping in shock. Tiny tears began to well in her eyes. "That...that won't happen..." She tried weakly.

"Oh, I don't know. It might." Tati shrugged, enjoying this too much. "And when your Mommy tries to scream for help, maybe Constance and I will be too tired that we don't even make it in time. And wouldn't that be so sad Cecelia? If because of your behavior, we were too tired to protect your Mommy? And she died because of you?"

[8][8][34][34]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/10/2015 9:19 PM

Tati stared Cecelia down, watching with glee as that bottom lip began to tremble from the cry that was no doubt getting ready to erupt. She watched as Cecelia struggled to maintain her composure, her face twisting up as she tried to stop the emotion, but just as Tati had hoped the little girl was not able to stop herself. She had taken one giant heave of air in so powerful Tati thought she might have sucked one of those bananas down her throat (which Tati honestly wouldn't have minded) before Cecelia broke out into a wail.

As soon as she did, the stares started to follow. Concerned shoppers peeked from around corners and through produce carts to stare at the child, who was now red as a tomato and had frustrated tears streaming down her face. Her arms had dropped to her sides and her tiny fists were clenched as hell. The others eyed Tati curiously, some a little accusingly, but the woman didn't care. She was too busy enjoying this. "Yeah, that would be bad, wouldn't it?" She hissed.

Cecelia could barely breathe as she sputtered, "I. Don't. Want. My. Mommy. And. Daddy. To. DIE." She screamed at Tatiana, her hands coming up to cover her eyes. Her shout had definitely earned the concern of the other shoppers, but Tati shot them looks that told them to mind their own business. "Is that so?"

[9][9]35][35]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/10/2015 9:24 PM

Cecelia nodded and wiped her snotty nose with the back of her bare hand, a line of mucus going up her arm. Tati then watched in horror as she used the same arm to wipe her eyes, and she had to blink away. Tati had seen, done plenty of gruesome things in her life but that had been hard to watch. She let Cecelia cry it out for a few more seconds, letting her believe that there was even the remote possibility that she could let The Archduke and Archduchess be assassinated on her watch and escape with her skin, before finally the screaming had grown too irritating. "Fine." She said, forcing a sweet smile that just looked twisted and angry. "If you behave for the rest of this stupid trip, I'll make sure nothing happens to your Mommy and Daddy."

Cecelia closed her mouth right up, but her nose was still flaming red and she was still sniffling. "Y-You promise?" She asked in a quiet voice.

Tati stared at her dumbly. "I promise." She answered, rolling her eyes. "And now that you've made enough of a scene let's get Constance and your brother and get out of here." She grabbed Cecelia by the collar and began forcing her down the rest of the aisle, grimacing every time the child tripped over her own two feet.

"And for the love of the Gods, clean yourself up."

[10][10][36][36]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer