A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: Lies and Disguises [M?] (Jedi)

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 4:22 AM

Did she want to continue? Surprisingly, Noelle discovered that she did. And it couldn't have been the alcohol - she had only had a single drink, after all. "No, I think I may need to get this off my chest." Walking over to the dining room table, she took a seat and began explaining a bit more. "I wasn't born into the 'family', as they called it. They...well, they kidnap kids when they're still young enough to indoctrinate. Because of them and their freaking rules, I have no idea who my actual family is."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7109
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 4:32 AM

This family sounded concerning, even to Shader. Before he realized it, he became intrigued more and more by her story. "So they just... took you as a baby? That sounds horrible. I couldn't imagine what you must've been feeling." He was generally concerned about her, but he didn't know why. Perhaps he should hold off on the story for now, but he found himself asking more about it. "How did you escape? I imagine it couldn't have been easy."

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 8:06 PM

The memories came back, and Noelle practically chugged her second drink as her mind was assaulted. "Honestly, I didn't even know until I was around ten years old. I heard one of the Big Brothers - those were the older boys of the family - bragging about how he knew who his real parents were. It was only then that I realized Ma and Pa weren't my real parents." She put her head in her hands. "It wasn't have been possible to escape, except that I got a lucky break. There was a fire, and everybody was busy trying to put it out. Nobody noticed me escape. If they get me back there..." she shuddered. "I'd never be able to leave."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 8:16 PM

Hearing her relay the story to him seemed to clear up a few curiosities of his. Shader recalled his informant telling him that it might be a dead end. That the clients said she might have perished already. That explained what they meant. This gave Shader an opportunity to actually make a choice. He hadn't told anyone that he'd actually found her. He'd just said he'd search. If he wanted to, he could say the trail was cold, and that there was no sign of her ever escaping.

He shoved these thoughts out of his head so that he could focus on her. "C'mon," he said to her. "I think you've had enough to drink. Alcohol is never a good coping mechanism. No matter how relieving it may seem." He put the tin lid back on, the shoved it behind the ice cream again. After a thought, he took the ice cream out along with some chocolate syrup. "I bet you could use a non-addicting treat however. I'll investigate this family... or whatever they are. You can rest easily on that."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 8:27 PM

John seemed to be thinking hard about something. Before Noelle could ask him about it, he seemed to snap back to the present. "Aww, c'mon. I'm no lightweight." Another lie. Already, she was beginning to feel a bit lightheaded. When he pulled out the ice cream, she grinned. "Ya know, I may just like ice cream more than I like alcohol. Don't skimp on the chocolate syrup, though."

At the mention of investigating the family, Noelle's expression morphed to one of horror. "No, don't do that!" She reached towards him, nearly knocking her empty glass off the table in her sloppy movements. "The family has rules. One of the biggest and most important rule is this: No outsiders." She leaned back, suddenly feeling exhausted. "Right now, you probably aren't in any danger since you haven't really gotten involved. But if you dig up some of the skeletons in their closet...I might not be the only one they'll want to bring home."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 8:39 PM

Shader leaned over to pick up the glass she'd knocked over. Luckily for him, it hadn't smashed when it hit the ground, but it did have a slight scratch on it. "I don't think she'll be too upset about this," he whispered quietly. He set it on the counter, then went back to talk to her. "If you think it'd be best that I don't get involved, then I understand. I'm just trying to look out for you. Not only that, there are probably a lot more people in that family that would be more than willing to escape as well." He paused for a second, realizing that playing too much into the character might just drive her away. "But if you really want me to leave it alone, I will. For your sake, not mine. I don't want you to worry about this, okay?" He grabbed a few medium sized desert bowls, plopping three scoops into each of them. He lightly drizzled his own so as to put a little extra into hers. He then dug a teaspoon into each as he brought them over. "Bon' apatite."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 8:55 PM

Noelle's face turned beet red as she spotted the scratch on the cup. "Shit," she murmured. "You were probably right to take the alcohol from me. I'm sorry about that. I'll find a way to pay Stacy for that...somehow." Thinking about her family caused her to become sad. "You wouldn't understand," she said. "Most of the other family members don't even think about escaping. The family is all they've known. What would they have to go back to? They don't know who their family is. They'd be put in foster care, or worse, a group home." It was what they had been told over and over again. Even if you were allowed to leave the family, you would have no life without them. Very few were brave enough to venture out on their own. "Thanks," Noelle said, already shoveling a large spoonful of the ice cream into her mouth.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 9:16 PM

That was settled. He wouldn't bring up family anymore. "Forget I said anything then. And don't worry about the glass. Stacy wouldn't even notice it. And if she did, she wouldn't care." He spooned a bite into his mouth, savoring the light chocolate drizzle. "So what do you plan on doing with your life? I mean, now that you're free from the family, you can do whatever you want.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 9:19 PM

Now this was a question that Noelle was happy to answer. "I want to travel," she said. "I want to see the world. I spent so much of my life, never allowed to leave the farm. I don't ever want to limit myself like that again." She blushed, wondering if her dream was silly. "Obviously, I can't afford to travel now. I was planning on working for a while to save up some money. Then the family started searching for me."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 9:27 PM

Traveling the world seemed like a great idea for living out life. "That certainly sounds great." He considered living that way for a second, but then pondered some of her other words. "They started searching for you?" He hinted at worry in his voice. "Do you know how they might have caught wind of you?" Perhaps if he could discern where they found her, he could find a way to convince them she wasn't really there. Wait! WHAT WAS HE THINKING! SHE was his target! He was sent to WATCH her, not protect her!"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 9:38 PM

"You really think so?" Noelle looked up at John happily. "I honestly don't know anything about what normal people dream of. At the farm, you're lucky if you even get to see the outside world at all." After a brief pause, she began to apologize. "I'm sorry, I should really stop bringing them up, shouldn't I? I really don't want to upset you." Licking some ice cream from her spoon, she pondered his question. "I'm honestly not sure how they found me. They never leave the farm, so I can't imagine them actually searching for me. They must have really wanted me back..." The last sentence was spoken more quietly, mostly to herself.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 2:01 PM

He knew he shouldn't even be considering this, but he couldn't help it. "Have you been anywhere since you escaped? I mean before you met me. Anything you tell me would be of great help." He had to figure out where they might have seen her. Whether it was if she'd managed to get a job, or even if she'd found somewhere to sleep. "They must have eyes somewhere that might recognize you. If there's any chance we can get rid of anyone following you, you have to trust me." Now that he heard himself, the get rid of part sounded very suspicious.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/01/2016 2:06 PM

If anything that the man was saying seemed suspicious, Noelle didn't recognize it. Her tongue and inhibitions loosened by the alcohol, she found herself talking freely. "I don't know. Maybe the Big Brothers - they help with the special plants, you know - maybe they were sent after me. I've never heard of that happening before." She rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "I checked in at a homeless shelter for a few nights. I used a fake name, but it was one that I made up in games at the farm. The Big Brothers might have remembered it."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 2:16 PM

He took note of her lessened sense of danger, realizing he could ask more open questions. "That's a start," he said to her. Maybe if he went to the shelter, he could look like someone similar in appearance to her. Go by a name very similar as well. "If I might ask, what did you go by? And where was the shelter?" They'd realize they'd misunderstood the similarity. Perhaps they would inform whoever they had told about their mistake as well. That might clear up any leads leading up to Noelle.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/01/2016 2:32 PM

"Belle Charming," Noelle said, blushing. "I created the name when I was around eight. Belle obviously comes from the Beauty and the Beast character, and I don't think I have to explain Prince Charming, do I?" She leaned back in her seat, sighing. "I never saw anyone I recognized at the shelter, though. And none of the family is very good at stealth. At least, I didn't think we were. That's why we kept to ourselves. Keeping away from the law was far easier than trying to hide right under its nose."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext