A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: Promotional Speed Dating [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/01/2017 6:30 PM

Jezden reached out to Sabrina, when she was at the end of her rope. She never asked her brother for help. She never even told him what had been going on. But, when he heard the rumors, he wasn't going to let her face things alone.

On her behalf, he approached the boss of his agency and declared that he was bringing in his own manager. They had been skeptical, but for the sake of him finally agreeing to have a manager, they agreed to give it a go.

[Jezden 9]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/04/2017 5:33 PM

They would wait and see if her work was satisfactory. If they weren't satisfied, and didn't want to pay her, then he'd do it himself, at least until her reputation was cleared. They couldn't argue much with him hiring her privately to work for him. However, in the end, Sabrina and blown them away. Not only was she good at the typical role of a manager, keeping his schedule and appointments, but she was good at handling Jezden, too. They worked well together.

[Jezden 10, Sabrina 14]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/04/2017 5:38 PM

So, in the end, they were delighted to have her. The agency officially hired her as one of their own employees. However, both she and Jezden insisted on a special clause in her contract. Only Jezden could fire her, since he had been the one to initially employ her. That was, unless she breached their morality clause or participated in criminal activity. Additionally, Sabrina could choose to walk away at any time, without negative repercussions.

[Jezden 11, Sabrina 15]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/04/2017 5:45 PM

Jezden refused to have his sister's life brought down or to get in her way by being associated with him. Thus, she was free to go or free to stay, as she wanted. That was, unless he saw it fit to fire her, such as if it seemed she wanted to leave but felt obligated to stay. In which case, he'd fire her to free her of that obligation. Ultimately, it was the best thing he could do for her, if such circumstances occurred. Sabrina didn't seem to realize that this was his only intention for claiming that only he could fire her, but he didn't mind.

[Jezden 12, Sabrina 16]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/04/2017 5:48 PM

"Two miles until you reach your destination."

The global positioning system reminded them both that they had almost arrived. Its voice was set to that of a woman, but only because Jezden found the preprogrammed male voice too scratchy for his ears. He hadn't toyed with different accents, though, so that was something to consider.

"Is there anything else I need to know, Sis?" the man asked. "About this event?"

[Jezden 13, Sabrina 17]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/05/2017 10:48 PM

Sabrina's initial response to her brother's question was a quiet, "Hm." She began to scroll through the schedule and details on her phone. "Oh. If you'd like, you can choose your lunch right now. The lunch menu was preselected so that, when it's time for the break, the food will all be ready. Other guests will be filing out a card declaring which of the three options they want upon arrival. Unless they need something special, like a vegan option, which they can also declare then."

[Sabrina 18]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/05/2017 10:52 PM

"Should I read the options out to you?"

"No thanks," Jezden declined her offer. "You might as well just choose for me. You know what I like to eat, so it wont be a problem."

As he spoke, he made a sharp turn in the car, causing his sister to suddenly brace herself with her free hand. Sabrina had been too preoccupied with her phone and event plans to see it coming.

[Jezden 14, Sabrina 19]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/05/2017 10:55 PM

"Ugh, Jezden! Give me warning next time!" She complained. "I nearly dropped my phone!"

Within moments, they were back on a nice straight path.

"Isn't that what your fancy case is for?" He teased. "And don't blame me. Blame the GPS for not declaring that I needed to turn! It was a good thing I noticed."

[Jezden 15, Sabrina 20]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/07/2017 5:47 AM

The woman in the passenger seat sighed heavily. "The GPS isn't the driver, Jez. You are," she reminded him. Sabrina settled more comfortably into her seat, now that they were on a smooth, straight road. She thought to put her phone away, but decided against it in favor of checking the time. It wouldn't do to be late to their own event.

[Sabrina 21]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/07/2017 5:50 AM

Pressing the button on her phone, the screen lit up again. Scanning over the time, her eyes grew just a bit wider in surprise. "Jez, hurry! We're almost late!"

In the driver's seat, the man grinned. "Oh, you mean you don't mind it if this celebrity risks getting a speeding ticket?" She always snapped and told him to slow down, so this was clearly an amusing turn of events.

[Jezden 16, Sabrina 22]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 01/29/2017 12:21 AM

The streets had fallen uncharacteristically quiet, devoid of the usual hubbub and chatter. Now there were several cries of alarm as a thick Celestial Mist rolled along the ground, scattering people in its wake as they scrambled to avoid it. The onlookers murmured uneasily, but the mist dispersed as quickly as it had formed, though not before brushing past the two. Contrary to what the onlookers seemed to expect, the touch filled those around with a sense of peace, as if there was someone watching over them. Eventually, everyone resumed going about their business, and soon it was as if nothing had ever happened.
Season in Effect: Winter

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 627
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2017 3:38 PM

"Just do it," Sabrina snapped back at her brother. Although she wasn't actually angry with him, she was annoyed. "Now is not the time for this!" Though, of course he would bring it up now. She hardly expected anything less. "Just don't get caught."

Without arguing anymore, the man stepped on the gas, with surprising control, in spite of the odd shoes he was wearing.

[Jezden: 17, Sabrina: 23]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2017 3:55 PM

With Jezden at the wheel, the pair of siblings zoomed through the streets. He skillfully moved through the street, dodging around the cars in his two lanes with ease, and without abruptly cutting others off. He wasn't a rude driver. Well, not always. Not when he was working, at any rate.

"There it is!" Sabrina declared. She pointed to a building that was coming up on their side as soon as it came into view.

[Jezden: 18, Sabrina: 22]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 04/20/2017 11:48 PM

The streets had fallen uncharacteristically quiet, devoid of the usual hubbub and chatter. Now there were several cries of alarm as a thick Celestial Mist rolled along the ground, scattering people in its wake as they scrambled to avoid it. The onlookers murmured uneasily, but the mist dispersed as quickly as it had formed, though not before brushing past people. Contrary to what the onlookers seemed to expect, the touch filled the passersby with a sense of peace, as if there was someone watching over them. Eventually, everyone resumed going about their business, and soon it was as if nothing had ever happened.
Season in Effect: Winter

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 627
Donate

Previous