A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Promotional Speed Dating [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/25/2016 9:29 PM

Pushing his heel high adorned foot down on the gas pedal, the sleek, black car accelerated and flew through the intersection before the light turned red. From the outside, both the driver and the passenger weren't all that visible, as every window was tinted as dark as was legally possible. The driver cracked a smile, delighted at the speed of the vehicle

All while the passenger had automatically braced herself. She would have complained about his driving, but this sort of thing happened so many times, that she was all too aware that nagging him would be useless.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Promotional Speed Dating [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2016 2:40 AM

They sped through the streets, the driver guided by the car's built in global positioning system. Skillfully, he was able to dodge around cars as needed, so that they would not arrive late to their appointment. Well, it was his appointment, apparently.

"Give me the details, Sis," he instructed, eyes not leaving the road. "Who's idea was this, even?"

[Jezden 2]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2016 2:46 AM

"The boss," the woman in the passenger seat answered. "It was the boss' idea. And that's Manager, Jez."

The driver clicked his tongue. "Sis, you don't call me Jezzie in private," he pointed out. "I wont call you Manager in private." There weren't any double standards here. Oh no, he wouldn't accept that.

[Jezden 3, Sabrina 2]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2016 2:53 AM

The woman sighed. Flipping open the case she had on her phone, she reviewed the model's schedule briefly, checking the time while she was at it, too.

"Boss called it a speed dating promotional event," she began to brief him, as he had asked of her. "According to her, it was thrown together quickly, but we can rest assured that everything should go flawlessly."

"As it sounds, you'll be participating in a speed dating event. Since all of your fans believe you're a woman, you'll be taking part as a woman."

[Sabrina 3]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2016 3:01 AM

"All of the guests participating are members of your official fan club, even the women participating," she continued. "Including you, there are a total of forty individuals taking part in the event. Twenty men, twenty women, so you'll be having twenty dates. Each person gets seven minutes with each person of the opposite sex. The event should run about four hours, including a break in between for a meal, and an hour afterwards for a signing event for all of the guests."

[Sabrina 4]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2016 3:13 AM

"During the dating portion of the event, the other guests are not permitted to ask you to sign anything. They are not permitted to ask you personal information such as address or phone number. In fact, if they do anything to offend you or make you uncomfortable, well, for any reason or none at all, actually, they will be removed from the event with your say so. All you have to do is say the word. Before purchasing their tickets to the event, the had to accept such terms."

"Doing such, and only advertising the event through your fan club, should have severely reduced the chance that someone will negatively harass you."

[Sabrina 5]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/27/2016 4:31 PM

The woman paused briefly, glancing over to the man beside her, but his eyes remained on the road. He didn't say anything in response, but she assumed that he was listening well. "Ah, there wont be any reporters inside the venue," she then continued on, when the thought came to her mind. "However, as the venue was offered up for us to use without having to pay a fee, we have agreed that I would take pictures during the event and you would also pose with the owner. They want to display the photo there to help with promotion. I'll also be releasing an article about the event with the pictures I have taken."

[Sabrina 6]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/26/2016 6:02 AM

There was still no response from the driver.

"Any objections?" The woman inquired after a moment.

"I doubt that I am able to voice them now, even if I had them," the man responded responded. Jezden didn't seem upset by this; he was only stating the facts. "It sounds like the deals have all been made, regardless of my opinion. Am I wrong?"

[Jezden 4, Sabrina 7]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/26/2016 6:04 AM

Hearing his response, Sabrina diverted her eyes. She looked away from him, now looking at the road ahead as they sped down it. He was right. There was no arguing there.

"That is...correct," she admitted. "All the plans and deals were made before you were informed."

[Sabrina 8]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/26/2016 6:07 AM

Sabrina could see him smirk from the corner of her eye.

Jezden chuckled. "See? Good old Sis, finding work for me. At least I wont have to worry about losing popularity or going broke. Then, of course, you don't have to worry about that, either." As long as he was popular and making money, she was making money, too. Strangely, he still didn't sound particularly malicious.

[Jezden 5, Sabrina 9]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/01/2017 5:44 PM

His sister frowned. "Jezden, that's not-" She tried to object.

"No worries, Sis," he cut her short. "I'm only teasing you. It's great, isn't it? All thanks to you, my popularity has grown and grown. You're a great manager, Sabrina."

[Jezden 6, Sabrina 10]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/01/2017 5:46 PM

Sabrina heaved a soft sigh of relief. "Don't scare me like that," she told him.

"You had to know that I meant no harm."

"Yeah, well, I do, it's just... Well, you know..."

Jezden nodded his head, although his eyes remained on the road. "Yeah, Sis, I know."

[Jezden 7, Sabrina 11]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/01/2017 5:50 PM

Prior to Sabrina, Jezden didn't have a manager. That is, unfortunately, he didn't find any of the previous managers assigned to him necessary. He was popular, so his agency assigned several different people to him temporarily, but nothing stuck. Ultimately, it was his choice to keep someone around or not, and it was always not. He couldn't say way, but nothing fit him well. None of his managers operated well with him, he supposed. They didn't click.

[Jezden 8]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/01/2017 5:53 PM

On the other hand, while most of their family decided to be in the spotlight, Sabrina had always wanted to be a manager. She wanted to work beside those in the spotlight, to help them achieve their goals, but not bask in the glow of the limelight, herself. She was great at her job. She was fierce, when need be, and she got things done.

However, she suffered a bad fall out with one of her clients. Then, rumors were spread around about her, and finding work had become almost impossible.

[Sabrina 12]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/01/2017 6:26 PM

It seemed like she would no longer get to live her dream, though Sabrina didn't want to give up that easily. She tried and tried to pick herself back up, but to no avail. That was the scary aspect of show businesses. Simple words, lies spoken by others, could ruin your career. It was awful, and it was all too easy for people to do and get away with.

It certainly didn't help that she wasn't famous. She didn't have thousands of fans hanging on her every word. She didn't have all those strangers backing her. Instead, they were bad mouthing her, not even by name, but just as some famous person's manager. Her name wasn't even worth knowing. It wasn't required, in spite of being cussed out or receiving death threats that flew around, all over online media.

[Sabrina 13]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next