A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: I'm Not the Kind You Pray For [P; E?]

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/19/2016 5:52 PM

Jiro's response to Kei's joking comment made Kei's heart squeeze slightly in his chest. He hadn't meant for the god to respond. He couldn't hide that he rather liked the praise, though, as his eyes shone slightly in response. Thankfully, the subject changed, and Kei allowed his thoughts to refocus on the present. "Marginally, huh... shame. I kind of like hugs. Holding hands is alright, but it's definitely a little more..." Kei trailed off, as if the nature of their situation was slowly beginning to dawn on him.

He was going to be living with this man... god. Whatever. They were going to live together, and Kei had to hold his hand and touch him and... well, it sounded worse when he laid it out like that in his head. It sounded much worse, like he was some kind of captive. That, or it sounded like they were some sort of couple, and Kei had never really thought about anything like love before, despite the constant chatter about girls and their great bodies or personalities or lack thereof. It never appealed to Kei much at all. It felt mean, mostly, to talk about such things, and thus relationships had always seemed a little shallow... but this didn't feel shallow. It didn't quite feel like a 'relationship' either. But he still couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to this than Jiro was telling him.

The more he thought about it, the more he wasn't sure he liked this after all. But it was too late to turn back now, so he bit his tongue and offered Jiro an insincere smile. It was the best he could do in that very moment. "Sure, I'd love to see, if you have the strength to walk around," Kei offered, his voice only a little bit tense. It would just take some getting used to. Jiro was kind, and had been kind all of Kei's life. Kei would even go so far as to say he loved Jiro very much, like any child would love their imaginary friend.

Except Jiro wasn't so imaginary anymore.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/21/2017 4:56 AM

It would have been a lie, had Jiro claimed not to notice the insincerity in Kei's smile, but what else could he do than pretend that he didn't notice? On the inside, somewhere deep within, he was terrified at the prospect of death. Of loneliness. Perhaps that was a more human aspect of him. He'd finally had a glimmer of hope. He thought that, for a moment, maybe he wouldn't really have to die. Maybe he wouldn't have to leave this world, and leave behind those that he didn't wish to leave. But it was going to be a fragile balance, and he wasn't certain how long it would last. Kei said he would help him, but there was really no telling when he would actually change his mind. Jiro didn't want to be hated, either. Weighing his own life against Kei's happiness, he knew, ultimately, he would choose Kei over himself. He'd done it before, and over and over again through the years, so that was his answer. It had always been his answer.

In the end, the god simply didn't comment on it, or say anything of importance, at all. Nor did his expression give any of his thoughts away. He only nodded his head and turned away, moving toward the lamp that had been sitting in the middle of the floor. Without the slightest bit of hesitation, the god reached for the light bulb within it, unscrewing it, and holding it within his hand. Although it had been removed from the base, the bulb still illuminated the room, as it had done before. It was his own energy, all along, that had been powering it.

When it came down to it, it took less energy to light up a light bulb than it did to generate light from nothing at all, but it still drained his energy, regardless. Jiro was only putting up a front that he was fine, but he did so to curb Kei's concern.

"Come, this way." He turned back to look at Kei with that faint, familiar smile of his, before moving across the room, toward a doorway that lead into a hall. Everything was dark, save for the light he provided. "I apologize. I have lived without conveniences that are second nature to most for many years." Without visitors or festivals, there was hardly any reason for such things. The god didn't require light to see, nor food or drink to live. "For now, please bare with it, until I have the electricity turned back on." They still had running water, but, for now, they would have to rely on the god's powers to light up the place.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/04/2017 1:41 AM

Kei tried to fix his mood, wanting to at least enjoy touring the shrine. It seemed beautiful, from the one room he'd seen, if not sparsely furnished. His eyes went a little wide as Jiro picked up the bulb and lit it in his hands, mouth opening to ask about it. He seemed to think better of it, though, and quieted, pursing his lips for a moment in thought. Magic. Hah... Kei had been studying to be an engineer just the other day.

...fuck, the exam.

Kei felt the floor shift beneath him as a wave of panic came over him, unable to hide it. He'd miss the exam, probably already had. Shit, shit, he'd... his family would...

Kei was silent for a few seconds, Jiro's words bringing him back to reality, and when he looked up he probably looked rather pale. "S'fine, I'm... you're good," he breathed, throat tight. Something deep inside of him wanted to laugh at how pathetic he was, getting so worked up over a test, when there was a god (and a friend) who needed his help. And yet, thoughts of homelessness, of failing, rushed through him. He wondered if Jiro knew about the test, as Jiro knew most things. He wondered if it mattered any more. He briefly wondered if Jiro had heard his silent prayers about it.

Kei realized he hadn't moved yet, and he stumbled forward slightly, catching his footing effortlessly and giving Jiro a resigned, but somewhat open smile. "You've seen my home so many times, I think it's pretty cool to see yours, too," he offered, stepping closer and, after a few moments of thought, putting his hand on Jiro's arm. Just a tiny amount of touch. Kei didn't know anything about magic, and frankly hadn't known it existed until very recently, but it made sense that using any of it would cost energy. Energy he could provide and help with. That thought alone did bring a small, real smile to Kei's face. "Lead the way?"

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Previous