A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: Dangerous Disguise [P, Hunt, L/V]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/06/2016 12:43 AM

At the end of the first day, Sam felt that, between the three of them, she, Lew and Sidney had managed to get the replacements more up to snuff than before. Tomorrow they would work on field dressing and how to handle battlefield casualties smoothly, quickly and efficiently. While she looked forward to it, Sam was also rather tired. A full week of Sobel was starting to wear on her.

“I’m heading off to bed,” Sam declared once the replacements had cleared off and it was only her, Lew and Sidney left. They’d wheedled her into staying up with them, talking quietly and playing cards (which she was terrible at).

“Already, huh?” Sidney quipped, cigarette hanging from the side of his mouth. “You that tired?”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/06/2016 12:44 AM

Sam rolled her eyes in his direction, placing her cards down and shrugging. “Hey, you try running your butt off for a week straight and tell me you aren’t tired. I’m gonna hit the hay.” She stood, grabbing her medic bag and slinging it over her shoulder. “Uh, where are we billeted, by the way?”

Lew and Sidney exchanged a look. “Eh, here,” Lew replied, looking uncomfortable. “But if you don’t wanna stay here with us, we can find you somewhere else to sleep. I mean, whatever you’re comfortable with, Sam.”

“Stuff it, Helman,” Sam grouched, rolling her eyes. “I don’t care where I sleep, as long as I get to sleep.” Feeling somewhat daring, a smirk curled up over her face. “Unless you get handsy during the night. Then I might have to find somewhere else to sleep.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/06/2016 12:44 AM

Sidney guffawed as Lew’s face turned bright red. “Okay, Red, you’re officially one of my new favorite people,” he quipped, elbowing Lew in the shoulder. The other man glared at him. “If you don’t wanna sleep with him, you could always sleep with me, Red.” He waggled his eyebrows, winking to show he was only joking. Sam raised an eyebrow of her own, though her smile was slowly growing; she really did like these two. They were like Abbot and Costello, and they actually made her laugh.

The whole day she’d been ignoring the rude remarks from the replacements, and Sidney always made sure that every time someone said something snide, he followed it up with a good hiding. Lew would follow up the snide remark with kind words, assurances that they were wrong, and whatever they said was just fueled by silly insecurity. They really seemed to want to look out for her, and Sam found herself touched by their concern, though somewhat annoyed that it was necessary in the first place.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/06/2016 12:45 AM

They were some of the first men she actually…liked. Genuinely. Well, besides Eugene Roe, who was a nice guy in his own right. These two were her fellow sergeants, part of her squad in the 326th, and she decided that, even if she was only here to train with them for a few days before going back to Easy, she’d probably miss them.

“Hey Sid,” Sam asked, after the two men laughed at their own jokes (Well, Sidney laughed and Lew just scowled and muttered threats of bodily harm). “So, when I leave here…will I see you guys again? I mean-” She paused, looking unsure. “-I’ll be with Easy. And you guys will be here so…”

Both men stopped laughing, exchanging looks that seemed to hold more meaning than Sam was privy to or could even understand.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/06/2016 12:45 AM

“To be honest,” Sidney hedged, scratching the back of his neck. “We aren’t really sure. We’ll see each other, I’m certain, but we won’t be serving directly together. In any case, I wouldn’t worry about it too much, Red.” He stood up, dropping his cards and giving a stretch, before ruffling her hair, chuckling at the scowl that immediately covered her face. “Come on; I’ll show you to your bunk. We’ve got a lot to do tomorrow, and not much time to do it.”

Lew stood up as well, nodding with a smile, and the two started off into the back of the barn that Sam had first assumed was just a hang out, but quickly realized was actually their temporary barracks. She watched their back, watched them walking away from her for a moment, brows furrowed in thought. She really hoped she would see them again; combat was never certain. And before they met on the battlefield once more, one, or all of them could be dead.

Pushing those morbid thoughts out of her mind, Sam took a deep breath and followed them into the dark.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/22/2016 4:09 AM

Eugene Roe was confused.

To say he’d been surprised at Miss Elizabeth’s confession about Sam Branigan was an understatement; he was downright floored. It wasn’t because he disapproved in any way of her choice to hide who she was, but that he had honestly never known she was a girl. Hell, he’d gotten into a fist-fight with her as a child and he’d still never known. He hadn’t been friends with Sam Branigan back then, but he knew of her, knew she was a fighter, but he (and many others, he’d venture to say) hadn’t the slightest clue about her gender.

Thinking about it had driven Gene to near distraction in the past week, in which Sam was conspicuously absent. He’d ventured so far as to ask Lizzie where Sam had gotten to, and received a vague reply about ‘extra training’ from the younger Nixon. Confused, he had nodded thoughtfully and continued on his way, left to chew over his own thoughts on the matter.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/22/2016 4:10 AM

He wasn’t upset. Not at all (well, maybe at himself for inadvertently hitting a girl when he was a kid). He was, however, curious. And contrary to his rather unobtrusive personality, when Eugene Roe got curious, he was bound and determined to satiate that curiosity. The only way of doing that was to talk to Sam.

Eugene sat outside of one of the medical tents, distractedly rolling bandages as he stared off into space, brows drawn down over his dark eyes. The honk of a jeep as it sped by startled him out of his trance, and he looked up just in time to see a familiar face go by him. “Sam?” he muttered to himself, lifting up off the crates. Sam seemed to have seen him because she flashed him the smallest of waves and a smile before her jeep bounced out of sight.

“’Ey, Doc, where ya headed to?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Gene turned before his feet had carried him more than a few steps, catching sight of a shock of red hair that was fairly familiar. “Heffron,” he greeted in his deep voice, dipping his head. “Sergeant Toye, Sergeant Guarnere.” He could see a few others, Malarkey, Muck, Luz and Penkala trailing behind, looking like they were headed somewhere. “Off for drinks, fellas?”

“Yeah,” Toye confirmed, pulling a pack of cigarettes form his pocket and sticking one in his mouth. “Gotta keep occupied somehow. Ever since they called off the last jump, it’s been boring as hell round here.”

“Well, ‘cept for the nurses,” Bill added, wiggling his eyebrows exaggeratedly.

“Speaking of nurses,” Muck ventured, catching up to the group. “How about that one that nearly scalped ya the other day, Bill? What was her problem? She said somethin’ about someone named ‘Sam.’ Now I know the good Doc over here knew what she was talkin’ about, but you still haven’t told us a damn thing. So spill. You get in trouble with that nurse’s fella or something?” Muck wouldn’t put it past Bill, but the argument the two of them had, had seemed very…strange.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Oh…well,” Bill hedged, sharing a look with Joe and Babe. The other two shrugged, not caring to get swept up into Bill’s problem; they had said they wouldn’t tell anyone, after all.

“Sam is a sergeant in the 42nd field hospital,” Eugene piped up, and the men turned towards him with curious eyes. “When we met Sergeant Branigan, we was under the impression that…well, that the good sergeant was a man. Apparently, that ain’t the case.” He looked troubled, face scrunched up in thought as he drawled on. “I’m ‘bout as surprised as can be.”

“Wow, your excitement is palpable,” Muck remarked sarcastically, and grinned when Eugene shot him a look. “So? What’s it to us if she’s a girl who dresses like a man?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/22/2016 4:11 AM

“Eh, well, I dunno, tuh be honest,” Babe chimed in, and Gene’s eyes flickered to the red-haired private. “She just seemed real t-eed off that we knew. Nearly jumped Bill here.”

“Don’t surprise me,” Eugene remarked absently. “She an’ I got in a scuffle when we was kids too. She was always pickin’ fights. Didn’t know she was a ‘she’ back then either, though. She was really scrawny.”

“Wait, what?” Muck demanded, looking entirely too amused by the revelation. “You got in a fight with a girl, Doc?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/22/2016 4:11 AM

The medic recoiled slightly, looking offended. “Well, I didn’t know she was a girl back then! It ain’t my fault,” he amended quickly. “And if it makes a difference, she beat me.”

“Okay,” Muck said with a wide grin. “I officially have to meet this girl.”

“She was at the bar the other night, showed us all up playin’ darts, remember?” Toye reminded, smacking Luz on the arm.

“No shit, huh? Never woulda guessed, what with those oversized ODs. Make her look more like a sack of flour than anything else. Where is she now?”

“I just saw her come into camp,” Eugene supplied, motioning up the road where the jeep carrying Sam had disappeared to. “She was headin’ to HQ. What do you think for, I wonder…?”

“Dunno,” Bill quipped, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. “But we can sure find out.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 08/17/2016 10:09 PM

Despite the shade offered by the trees and the tents, the heat and the humidity was oppressive. The air felt thick and suffocating, it was almost like breathing in water. It wasn't even worth trying to use a handheld fan, it would literally be like trying to push around hot air. It wouldn't have seemed strange at first, but there had been a Bottle of Water left on the side of the road, without an owner in sight. Condensation clung to the glass andt was cool to touch as well, even though it looked like it had been sitting out there for a very long time.
Season in Effect: Winter

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 627
Donate

Previous