A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Dangerous Disguise [P, Hunt, L/V]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:30 AM

Sam’s only response was a deep, feral growl in his direction. “So,” she demanded after a moment’s hesitation. “What are you gonna do now, hm? You gonna tell everyone that I ain’t a guy?”

Bill waved a hand in front of his face, a smirk lifting the corner of his lips. “Nah, I ain’t no rat. And ‘sides, I don’t see who yer hurtin’ by pretending to be a soldier.”

“Hey,” Sam snapped. “I’m not pretending. I’m a sergeant. And just ‘cuz I don’t carry a gun, doesn’t make me any less of a soldier.”

Joe and Babe exchanged looks as Bill just shook his head, his smirk fading. “Whatever ya say, girlie. If you don’t mind me askin’, how come yer doin’ this? Don’t seem to be any real benefits, if you ask me. I think you’d look better in a skirt.”

(Continuation of this)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Dangerous Disguise [P, Hunt, L/V]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:32 AM

Sam was tempted to slug him, but clenched her fists at her side instead. “The benefit, sergeant, is that I can do my damn job in peace without anyone asking the where, when or why of it. You think a ‘dame in a skirt’ could do their job as well as a man by being hassled all the time by the men she’s trying to help out? No, thanks. ‘Sides, I work better this way. No one bothers me, no one notices me, and I stay out of everyone’s way. And-and it’s not like I lied to anyone! Everyone just assumed that I was a man when they looked at me!” Her anger was dissipating now, replaced with cold, hard dread in the pit of her stomach. She was sure they would tell everyone. She wasn’t about to go back to being a skirt wearing nurse.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:45 AM

“Well, when ya look at it that way,” Toye mused, rubbing his chin. “Sounds pretty reasonable.” Babe and Bill nodded, seeming to agree, before Bill flounced forward and threw an arm over Sam’s shoulders, ignoring the way she flinched hard at the contact. Geeze, poor kid. She really was spooked, wasn’t she?

“Listen here, doll. You can trust us. We ain’t gonna tell no one yer secret, unless ya give the all clear. So don’t worry, all right kid?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:46 AM

Sam eyed him dubiously, trying to inch her way out from under his arm. She didn’t trust him as far as she could throw him, but to be honest…well, they seemed like okay guys. Still, she wasn’t about to turn her back on them. She couldn’t trust them. In the long run, she could only trust herself, and Lizzie, she supposed.

Men were deceitful, that much she’d learned in life.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:47 AM

It had been a few days since her ‘not-really-a-secret’ secret had been exposed to the three members of Easy company, and Sam was still on edge. Lizzie had noticed a change in her friend, but didn’t mention it past a few casual remarks, which Sam rebuffed quickly and efficiently. The usually tight-lipped sergeant had become even more closed off though, since her night at the bar, and Lizzie was growing both frustrated and tired of it. It took a few hours of the silent treatment for her to finally crack. The two were sorting through supplies in a makeshift medical tent when Lizzie confronted Sam.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:48 AM

“All right, tell me what the hell is wrong right now, Sam Branigan! Or so help me, I’m gonna stuff this roll of bandages down your throat!”

“Mouth, young lady,” Sam admonished automatically, before heaving a sigh and running her hand along her face. She sat down heavily on one of the crates, looking faintly exhausted. She hadn’t been sleeping much, the worry and dreaded gnawing away at the pit of her stomach. It was enough to keep her up at night.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:50 AM

“You haven’t been yourself since that night at the bar,” Lizzie continued, ignoring Sam’s rebuke and sitting beside her friend and fellow nurse. “So tell me, what’s going on? What happened?”

Sam pulled her hat from her head, running her fingers through the short red curls that bounced around her ears. Her hair was just slightly longer than regulation, just enough that if you squinted real hard, and she took off her hat or helmet, she would look the part of the female she was desperately trying not to play. “I got ambushed that night,” she admitted, giving her shoulder a shrug. She was still smarting, and her stomach had a bruise on it the size of Alaska, courtesy of Joe. It was all the more reason to be pissed at them.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:53 AM

“Ambushed?” Lizzie’s face was a study in shock, but it quickly shifted to righteous anger. “What the hell do you mean, ‘ambushed’?!”

Sam ignored her friend’s vulgarity, and leaned back, fingers nervously playing with the fabric of her hat. “You remember Bill, Joe, and Babe, right?” At her friend’s nod, she continued. “Well, they followed me after I left, told me they knew I was a gal. And I sorta…tried to punch one of them out and got my ass handed to me.”

Lizzie’s shock returned, and she flew off the crate, fists clenched at her side. “They fucking hit you?!” she demanded, and ignored Sam’s scowl at the words. “I’m gonna go find those bastards and give them a piece of my mind!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:54 AM

Sam shot up too, hands reaching out to grab Lizzie’s shoulders. “God, hold on,” she cried, squeezing Lizzie’s shoulders reassuringly, more to keep her from running off that to make her feel better. “Now you listen. We settled it, and they agreed to keep my sort-of secret to themselves. I-I mean…They said they would. But I don’t know if I can trust them.”

“Lew said they were all good men,” Lizzie told her quietly, still looking angry. “And if Lew says they’re all right, then I believe them. Plus, he hasn’t told, and he knows your secret.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:55 AM

Sam raised a dubious brow. “You sure he hasn’t told?”

“Um…Well…”

“Lizzie. How did they know I was a girl?”

“Uhhhh…”

“Lizzie, God damn it!” Sam shouted, throwing her hands in the air. “That was you, wasn’t it!? How the hell could you do that to me?!”

“Sam, I didn’t-“

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Stuff it. I don’t wanna hear it.” Sam jammed her hat back on her head, fixing it in place with a few well-hidden bobby pins from her pocket. “I am so mad right now, Elizabeth Nixon! You had no right tellin’ them anything about me!” She brushed past the shell-shocked nurse, headed towards the tent flap.

“Where are you going?”

“To get some fucking air, Elizabeth. And maybe when I come back, I won’t want to smack you in the face with your own medical bag!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“I’m going to fucking kill you, William!”

Bill looked up sharply from his game of cards as a very angry nurse stormed towards him. His first instinct was to run. He wasn’t an idiot and by God, he knew a woman’s fury wasn’t something to take lightly. But despite his initial gut reaction, he stood his ground, cards clenched tightly in his fist. Joe, Babe, Doc Roe, Malarkey, Muck, Buck, and George Luz were sitting around a makeshift table (i.e. a bunch of supply crates) playing a very sorry game of poker (which Malarkey was currently winning) as Lizzie approached. Each of the men felt a little thrill of fear run up their spine at the sight of her, but stood their ground rather admirably.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:56 AM

“What can I do for ya, my lovely Lizzie?” Bill asked smoothly, rearranging his cards in his hand so he could get his eyes off the fuming nurse. She was giving him the willies.

“Don’t you dare ‘lovely Lizzie’ me, Bill!” She marched over and he was surprised (and a bit concerned for his safety) when she reached out and hauled him up by the front of his collar.

“Whoa, whoa!” he cried, throwing his hands up in an ‘I surrender!’ gesture. “What’s goin’ on? What’s got you so angry?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:56 AM

“You know exactly what I’m angry about,” she hissed, leaning in close. The other men around the ‘card table’ leaned in to get a better idea of what was going on; this was priceless.

“What’s the matter, Bill?” Luz joked, cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth. “Dame got yer tongue?”

The look Lizzie shot him shut him up really quick as she leaned closer to Bill, nearly nose to nose. “You told,” she growled, and Bill’s eyebrows nearly shot up into his hairline. “You told Sam what I said. You confronted her about it, didn’t you? Why?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:57 AM

Behind her, Eugene shifted in surprise, and Babe glanced at him quickly, before he turned back around, frantically making a cutting motion across his neck to try and salvage the situation. Lizzie didn’t seem to see him.

“Look, Lizzie. I didn’t tell no one about Sam. You, on the other hand…” His grimace was hard to conceal as he motioned vaguely to the men sitting around them, looking far too interested in the scene. Lizzie turned, her eyes wide. A few of the men seemed confused, a couple of muttered ‘who the fuck is Sam?’ slipping through their lips, but there was dawning understanding on one face.

“Beggin’ your pardon,” Eugene began haltingly, still wary of Lizzie after watching her storm the camp, so to speak. “But…did you say…sergeant Branigan was a ‘her’?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next