A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

"Soulmate" Means Forever [L/M Private]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2016 7:13 PM

(Continued from: Part 1
Part 2)

ImageImage

It had been a few weeks since Gene and Sam had solved the ‘Soulmate’ issue that was between them, and Sam still didn’t quite believe it was real.

She’d always been resigned to the fact that she’d either be alone for the rest of her life, or get lucky and find someone like her who had no words to hold them down. This…thing with Gene, whatever it was—fate, the universe throwing her a bone, she didn’t know—was still hard to accept, but every time he wrapped her in his arms, she found it a little easier to believe.

Now, as she strode around her apartment, desperately trying to figure out what the hell to wear for dinner with Gene’s roommate, Babe, she was wondering if maybe she wasn’t cut out for this whole ‘relationship’ thing.

Gene was sitting on the couch, lazily flipping through channels as he munched on one of her granola bars—where the fuck did he get that? She thought she hid those from him—and looking very unconcerned with his Soulmate’s frantic dashing from room to room. “Calm down,” he drawled when she passed in front of the TV for the fifth time, hands grabbing at her hair. “It’s just Babe. Ya already met him and he likes ya. I think you’re blowin’ this all out of proportion.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: "Soulmate" Means Forever [L/M Private]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2016 7:14 PM

“And I think you’re way to calm about this, Gene. I can’t wait ‘til you meet my mother so I can get some sweet, sweet revenge.”

Gene swallowed his bite of granola and grinned. “I think you like me too much to wanna subject me to that kind of torture.”

“Oh ho ho, no way, mister. I will enjoy every second of watching you squirm under my ma’s ‘you’re-not-good-enough’ glare.”

“You are cruel and unusual.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2016 7:14 PM

“No, you’re unusual,” Sam grouched back from her bedroom, before she reappeared holding a blue blouse and a black flutter top. “Okay. Be honest. What the hell am I supposed to wear to something like this? Babe is like…really important to you…I feel like I’m meeting your boyfriend or something.”

Gene actually honest-to-God choked on his granola bar, and Sam couldn’t stop the wicked smile that curled over her face as he glared at her. “Co faire…? Ugh, look, Sam, it’s jus’ Babe. He’s my friend and a fellow soldier, and he likes you already. You’ve met him, he’s met you, and there’s no reason to be so nervous.” He finally stood from the couch, throwing down the clicker and gently pulling the black top from her hands. “But if it’s such a big deal that you get my opinion, then I think you should wear this one. You’ll look good in anythin’, really, but that one will blow his damned mind.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2016 7:15 PM

Sam eyed Gene dubiously, taking the top back from him with a huff. “Why would I want to do that? I already have you, after all.” She squeaked as Gene grabbed her around the middle, lifting her off her feet with an eager kiss.

“True, you sho’ do.”

“Now that we have that established…Put me down, you nerd, or we’ll be late.”

Gene hummed, as if he was actually considering her demand. “But what if I don’ wanna?” he asked mischievously, and Sam sighed dramatically, letting her entire body go slack and her forehead bump into Gene’s as she tried to slip from his arms. He nearly dropped her in surprise, but he’d gotten wise to her ways of wriggling away from him when he was being affectionate over the past few weeks, and he didn’t let her go. “That ain’t gonna work. I’m onto you an’ yo’ tricks, Sam,” he said with a grin, which turned into a laugh when she pouted at him in annoyance.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2016 7:15 PM

Gene was a lot more than the quiet doctor-in-training that Sam had come to know; he was kind, compassionate, sweet, and he actually had a fun loving side that honest-to-God surprised Sam the first time he’d acted playful around her. She doubted other people had been privy to that particular part of Gene, and she was a little awed and amused that he trusted her enough and was comfortable enough to show that side of himself to her so soon (she was his Soulmate, so she supposed it made sense).

She wanted to demand he put her down—she still had to make herself look somewhat presentable for their dinner—but he silenced her protest with a kiss, and Sam didn’t think she could argue with that.

“Babe won’ mind if we’re a lil’ late,” Gene drawled easily, arms tightening around her waist and slowly walking backwards to the couch.

So this whole ‘Soulmate’ thing was new to her. And damn it, if she didn’t enjoy every second of it.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2016 7:16 PM

‘A lil’ late,’ as Gene had said, was a bit of an understatement.

Neither he nor Sam had been paying much attention to the time, if he was honest. He figured Babe probably wouldn’t care if they were an hour off schedule, but knowing his roommate, the soldier from Philly might actually throw a fit about it. He just hoped he wouldn’t scare Sam off; she was already fretting about the dinner enough as it was, and she’d smoothed her shirt and skirt down enough times that he was certain there wasn’t a single wrinkle in it.

He reached over and grabbed her hand firmly in his to stop her from doing it again as they pulled onto the road leading to his and Babe’s shared home. “You look beautiful, chére. Don’ you worry none. It’s jus’ gon’ be me, you, and Babe. Nothin’ too hard to handle.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2016 7:16 PM

Sam shot him a grateful smile; he gripped her hand tighter when she looked at him. It still made him a little weak in the knees. “Sorry,” she admitted sheepishly. “I just…this is a big deal to me, okay? It’s second to having dinner with your family and-” She paused as she looked back down the road ahead, narrowing her eyes slightly. “-Gene. Didn’t you…I thought you said it was just gonna be me, you and Babe?”

“I did,” he agreed easily, before he caught sight of what she was looking at and swore under his breath in French.

The driveway of his home had three cars parked in it, and he knew Babe only had one truck. Plus, his should make two cars total, not four altogether; the fact that the other two cars were familiar to him made him curse even more as they pulled up to the curb and parked. As he turned his SUV off, he sat back against the seat and sighed. “I hate my job,” he muttered.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2016 7:17 PM

“Which job?” Sam asked with a raised eyebrow. “The one at the hospital, or the one…?” She motioned vaguely to the cars in his driveway, and Gene grumbled under his breath.

“That one, yeah. Don’t be mad but…it ain’t gonna be just us. Why couldn’t they jus’ leave us alone for one night? Jus’ one. It’s not too much to ask, is it?” He turned and fixed Sam with what he hoped was a pitiful look. “How about we go back to your place and pretend we never left? I’d rather do that than deal with…whatever the hell is waitin’ on us in there.” He turned the pout on full force, leaning over slightly. “Please?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2016 7:17 PM

Sam laughed and swatted playfully at his arm. “Ohhhh no you don’t,” she chirped, unbuckling her seatbelt and opening the door. “I spent way too long trying to make myself look presentable after you distracted me. I am not letting all that work go to waste.”

Gene had to grin at her remark; yeah, he’d probably done a pretty good job of distracting her, to be sure. Between continually annoying her with kisses while she was trying to put on what little makeup she wore, and sneaking a hand under the back of her shirt (he made her yelp and smear lipstick across her cheek), he made damn sure Sam found it almost too difficult to leave the house. He honestly would have been okay with staying home, but he had promised Babe they’d be there, and his friend was excited to get to know Sam officially. So Gene had torn himself away from her, combed his hair, and let her finish getting ready in peace.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/12/2016 1:48 AM

Now that he’d pulled up and saw how many damn cars were in his driveway, he was thinking that he should have tried harder to distract her.

Sighing, he unbuckled his seatbelt and stepped out of the SUV, hurrying to the other side to help Sam the rest of the way out. She raised an eyebrow at him, and he shrugged, sliding his arm around her waist. “You look beautiful,” he remarked, grinning as she blushed prettily in the moonlight. “I don’ think I told ya that.”

“No, it never hurts to hear. I’m not too used to skirts, but I figure I should at least make an effort to look like something more than a sexy lump of scrubs and granola bars.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/12/2016 1:48 AM

“You always look better than a lump a’ scrubs. But I think you might be in a two-way-tie with granola bars.”

“Ha, ha. I hate you.”

“Noooo ya don’.”

Sam poked his side and he laughed as they made it to the door, and Gene could hear the sound of familiar voices just beyond, laughing and carrying on. Mentally, he cringed; he had hoped it would be a nice, simple dinner for Sam to really get to know his good friend and then they could go home and do whatever the hell they wanted for the rest of the evening (A movie, the couch, a blanket, maybe snuggling?). Unfortunately, it didn’t seem like Gene was going to get his wish.

He silently said a prayer for his poor soul as he pushed open the door and they stepped inside.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/12/2016 1:49 AM

Sam had been expecting a nice dinner. She was nervous as all hell, but she figured if it was just Babe, she could probably manage just fine.

It was, however, not ‘just Babe.’

Sam had visited Gene’s house once or twice, pretty much when Babe wasn’t home, of course, but for the most part he stayed at her house (it was private, and they didn’t have to worry about anyone ‘annoying the shit out of them’ as Gene was adamant Babe would do), so she was a little surprised his home could hold so many people.

She felt Gene’s arm tighten around her, and she could tell he was annoyed. If she could manage, she’d just roll with it, so she could at least keep his mood light and fluffy; he had a tendency to get broody when something bothered him, and broody Gene could only be tempted back to the land of normalcy with lots of chocolate, wine, and surprisingly, cheetohs. Sam was not willing to share her stash (especially her chocolate; he was like a fucking squirrel with that, and she kept finding wrappers in really odd places in her house), so she would keep him ‘un-broody’ for as long as she could.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/12/2016 1:50 AM

Frannie and Bill were there, and they’d dragged along George Luz, Joe Toye, Skip Muck, Buck Compton, Alex Penkala and Donald Malarkey. Sam was familiar with Joe, Bill, George and Frannie, but the other men she wasn’t too well acquainted with; she’d heard names mentioned occasionally, but she’d never met them face to face.

Frannie was, of course, the first to greet her and immediately whisked her away from Gene’s side. Sam ignored the way he grumbled in French, allowing herself to be led into the kitchen.

“Sam!” Frannie greeted, leaning in and giving her a fitful hug. “You guys are late. We were waiting for you.” She wiggled her eyebrows in a look that Sam was sure she’d borrowed from Bill. “A whole hour, huh?” She leaned in and whispered: “I see the honeymoon phase hasn’t worn off yet.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/12/2016 1:50 AM

Sam blushed, choking on her words and shaking her head, trying very hard not to look over at Gene, who had been greeted by Bill and Joe with a hearty slap on the back that nearly had him pitching face forward into the carpeted floor. “Frannie,” Sam hissed, before she was swept into another unexpected hug by Gene’s roommate, Babe and Frannie abandoned her to his clutches. Sam recognized him from the bar, but she still stiffened at the contact, awkwardly patting his back. He held her at arm’s length and grinned.

“Thank you so God damn much for taking this asshole off my hands.”

She heard a muttered “Hey!” from Gene in the living room behind her, but ignored him in favor of Babe. “Uh…You’re welcome?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/12/2016 1:51 AM

“He never appreciates all the effort I put into keeping him alive. If it weren’t for me, he’d never eat a normal meal. He thinks that the four basic food groups are microwaved, canned, frozen and pre-packaged. Come on, come on. You guys were late, but I bet ya haven’t eaten dinner yet. You like spaghetti?” He didn’t wait for Sam to answer before he was grabbing a plate and handing it to her. “’Course ya do. Here.”

He heaped a large pile of noodles on her plate, leading her down the line at the stove and cabinets, piling on garlic bread and some salad to the side. Sam was helpless to refuse, especially when Babe shot her the brightest, sweetest look she’d ever seen. “My ma taught me to cook, so I made all this for tonight. None of these bums helped at all!” He said that last part a little louder, and the men in the living room raised their respective drinks with a cheer. Babe shook his head. “Fucking ingrates. Anyway, Sam, eat! Tell me whatcha think.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next