A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: "Soulmate" Means Forever [L/M Private]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:30 AM

“Okay, hi, yeah. Very nice to meet you.” Sam elbowed the man beside her, Snafu, when he got a little too close. “But really, we are waiting on some people to join us, and they might not if they see you guys sitting here.”

“But everywhere else is full,” Snafu replied. “An’ this booth is mighty comfy. Who you waitin’ on anyway? Your boyfriends?”

“No,” Lizzie replied. “Some guys from Easy Company; paratroopers.”

“Sky trained boys, huh?” Snafu remarked, smirking over the rim of his cup. “What you want them for?”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:30 AM

Sam leaned back in the booth, pinching the bridge of her nose. “For your information, one of them is my Soulmate. And one is her brother.”

“You still haven’t told us your names,” Snafu reminded her, leaning in eagerly.

Sam wrinkled her nose. “If it will make you go away, then you can have them. I’m Sam, that’s Lizzie. Now shoo.”

“Yo’ boy,” Snafu continued, as though he hadn’t heard. “Where he from?”

“Excuse me?”

“Just curious. Maybe I know him.”

“I doubt it.”

“I know a lotta people.”

“Louisiana.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:32 AM

Snafu blinked, looking as if he’d just been struck by some sort of revelation. “What? You ain’t kiddin’ are ya?”

Sam folded her arms over her stomach, closing her eyes. Maybe if she tried hard enough, she could make them go away with her mind. “I’m not kidding, no. He’s from Louisiana. Why? Why is that a thing that is an important thing?”

“Hell, girl, I’m from Louisiana too. Yo’ boy a Cajun too?” He clearly meant it as a joke, but when Sam fixed him with a look, his smile faded. “Wait. You tellin’ me he actually is a Cajun too? No God damn way.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:33 AM

“Wow,” Sledge commented, raising his eyebrows. “That is some serious coincidence right there.”

“So…you’re from Louisiana?” Sam asked. “And a Cajun? Well, holy shit. I guess that is some serious coincidence.” So maybe they weren’t such terrible guys; she just didn’t like them taking up the booth when they had been saving it for Gene and the guys. “Maybe you know Gene.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:33 AM

“Gene…That name don’t sound familiar,” Snafu admitted, leaning back in the booth and throwing an arm over Sam’s shoulder. “But maybe if we stick aroun’ I’ll get to meet ‘im and then we can see if I know ‘im. Whatchoo think, boo?”

“I think you should definitely not put your arm around me if you don’t want it broken.”

Snafu and the rest of the men laughed, and Lizzie giggled quietly under her breath. “Your boy gon’ break it for me, boo?” Snafu taunted, and Sam pinched his hand, watching as he retreated with a yelp, rubbing the abused appendage and shooting her an accusatory look.

“No. I am perfectly capable of breaking it myself, thank you. Listen, you guys are welcome to stay here…I guess. But if you get too close to me, I will scratch your eyes out.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:35 AM

The two man broke into another round of laughter, and out of the corner of her eye, Sam could see that Snafu had gotten comfortable in the booth, leaning back with a contented look on his face. Mentally, she despaired of them going anywhere, and decided that she’d just accept their presence for now. He was way too cozy for her comfort, sitting a little too close and his knee and leg and hip were brushing hers. She scooted closer to Lizzie in response.

Lena broke up the silence that had descended by reappearing with their food and cokes, sliding it towards Sam and Lizzie and shooting the red-haired nurse a sympathetic look as she strolled off. Snafu snagged a fry from Sam’s plate, and she instantly fixed him with a death glare that had him pausing before it even reached his mouth.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“No one steals my food,” she hissed, curling a possessive arm around her plate. “Do it again, and I’ll bite you.”

“That a promise, boo?” Snafu asked, leaning forward with a grin as he popped the fry into his mouth.

Beside them, Sledge and Lizzie were rolling their eyes, and Lizzie silently pushed her plate towards him to offer him a fry. The red-haired soldier took one with a grin, watching as the pretty nurse blushed darkly. Sam might be taken, but Lizzie hadn’t said she was, so maybe there was hope for him. She was pretty cute, after all.

While Sam was busy guarding her food from Snafu, who was turning stealing a fry from her into a very dangerous game, Lizzie busied herself chatting quietly with Sledge. None of the table’s occupants noticed the group of men that walked through the door, eyes scanning over the crowded bar in search of the two women.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Babe was the first to see them, and he tapped Gene’s shoulder, pointing to the booth near the bar.

“Who the fuck are those guys?” George asked, following their line of sight and tilting his head.

“Marines,” Toye snorted, sounding incredibly unimpressed. “Marines who don’t know their fuckin’ place.”

“Down boy,” Babe laughed, but Gene was silently thinking that he might be inclined to agree with Toye. The two men who were in the booth with Sam and Elizabeth Nixon looked like they were awful close, and trying to get even closer. The one beside Sam kept stealing her fries, and she’d swat angrily at him in a way that reminded Gene of how she ate at home, with him trying to pilfer food from her plate and her very nearly body tackling him to get it back.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:36 AM

“Think we should go kick those two bums outta the booth?” Bill asked, sizing up the two men and deciding that he could probably take them alone if he had to; they didn’t look like much to him.

“We might as well be a lil’ friendly,” Gene drawled, though he was itching to smack that smug smile off the face of the man beside Sam. He told himself he was just being silly, and shook his head, allowing Babe to lead the way towards the booth.

When they reached the booth, he could feel his fellow soldiers fanning out behind him, as though forming some sort of wall that would separate the corner from the rest of the room. Mentally rolling his eyes, Gene cleared his throat, catching the attention of the people at the table. “Hey there, Sam,” he greeted, ignoring Babe who waved excitedly.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:37 AM

Gene watched Sam’s eyes widen, and she was immediately shoving at the man beside her.

“God damn it,” she snapped, brows drawn down over a stormy face. “Get the fuck out of my way, Snafu!”

When the man, Snafu, only laughed and refused to do as she asked, Gene felt his own dark look slide into place. But Sam was quick to remedy the situation by slipping under the table and popping up on the other side right in front of him. She immediately threw her arms around his neck and he responded by snaking his around her waist and pulling her to him, placing a chaste, welcoming kiss on her lips.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:37 AM

“Hey yourself, Gene. What took you guys so long? Wait, wait. Don’t tell me.” She rolled her eyes to the red-head at Gene’s side, and smirked. “Babe was doing his hair?”

“’Ey. Looks like mine take effort and maintenance.”

“Yeah, we can’t all wake up beautiful, I guess.”

“You’re a heartless woman, Sam,” Babe whined, before Sam wriggled away from Gene to throw her arms around Babe in greeting. Gene took the opportunity to look over the two men at the table discreetly, eyes narrowing on the one who snuck a fry from Sam’s plate.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:38 AM

They were normal looking enough, wearing casual military ODs and lounging around on the booth. The one beside Lizzie looked remarkably similar to Babe, but his eyes were far too dark and clouded to be as carefree as the Philadelphian. The other one, the one that made Gene the most uncomfortable, had blue eyes and dark hair, and he watched the activity around him with a sharp gaze and a lazy smirk that the Easy Company medic was definitely not fond of.

“Uh, hi,” the red haired Marine greeted the paratroopers, glancing between his buddy and Lizzie. “Hey, sorry we’re intruding on your night. I’m Eugene Sledge. That’s Merriell Shelton.” He pointed to the man across from him. “We can high tail it if you don’t want us here, no problem.” He seemed genuinely worried that the men would be upset if they stayed, but George Luz slid into the booth beside him, smiling amiably.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:39 AM

“Ah, hell. We ain’t bothered by you guys. Besides, if the girls didn’t want ya here, Sam would’ve flipped you over the table by now. So, ya know, congrats on still being alive and everything. I’m George Luz by the way. That’s Joe Toye, Bill Guarnere, Babe Heffron, and Eugene Roe.”

“I’m gonna go get some beer,” Toye grumbled, clearly not sharing George’s opinion on the Marines staying at their table. “Bill, come on. I could use a hand.”

Bill, who had been silent up until that point, pointedly rolled his eyes over towards Gene, who nodded subtly and shrugged, sliding in to sit behind Shelton and reaching forward to slide Sam’s food over to the end of the booth so she could sit next to him. He tried to ignore the look the Marine beside him was shooting him, and patted the booth for Sam to sit down.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:40 AM

“This yo’ boo?” Shelton drawled, leaning forward on his elbows as Sam slid into the booth and Babe scooted in beside her. At the familiar drawl and cadence of the man’s words, Gene looked at him sharply, eyes suddenly narrowing.

“Yep, this is my Gene,” Sam quipped as she motioned to him, and Gene felt a swell of pride in his chest at her introduction; it was much nicer than George’s. “Gene, you won’t believe it. But Snafu is from Louisiana too, and he’s a Cajun.”

“That so?” Gene asked, eyeing the man beside him. Maybe he should have made Babe slide into the booth first; he suddenly didn’t feel like he wanted to be sitting next to this ‘Snafu.’

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:41 AM

“It’s so,” Snafu replied, taking a drink of his beer. “Yo’ girl sho is nice; she shared her fries with me an’ every’thin.”

“More like you pilfered them, you jerk,” Sam retorted, taking a bite of her burger. “Want some fries, Gene?”

Gene carefully grabbed a few, considering himself blessed that Sam had actually offered him some of her food, rather than hissing at him and trying to hoard it away. He locked eyes with Snafu as he popped one of the fries into his mouth. “You here on leave or somethin’, Snafu?” he asked amiably, but the other man could sense the hostility, and the corners of his mouth quirked up in a wicked smile.

“Sho am. Jus’ out to have a lil’ fun. Sam here looked like quite the firecracker; most red-heads are, ya know. So the Sledgehammer an’ I figured we’d come to talk to ‘em. She done proved me right, yeah. You sho is one lucky bastard, Eugene Roe.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext