A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

[Quest] And I Know You Back Just the Same [Self; M?]

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/11/2017 6:41 PM

[Not sure what to tag this as, since there's no explicit sexual content, but there will be nudity and description of such!]

The sound of curtains being pulled back registered in the sleeping man's ears. Light from the window fell on Griffin's face, to which he groaned and pressed his eyes to the pillows. There was a momentary reprieve from the light as a silhouette moved to stand between Griffin's face and the unforgiving sunbeams, her arms crossed and her head tilted. "Griffin, dear, it's past noon," she crooned softly, stepping closer to lightly sit herself beside the young man.

Mildred drew her hand towards Griffin's mop of blonde hair, tangling her fingers in it and smoothing it out. Griffin shifted and peered up at her, blue eyes rimmed in dark circles. "That late?" he mumbled softly, reaching up to touch her arm gently, drawing her wrist to his mouth to kiss it. She hummed, worry barely tilting her brow, before she leaned down to swiftly touch her lips to his temple.

"Feel like eating?" she offered, a hopeful note in her voice. Griffin was quiet for a few seconds, judging his vital signs, and gave a nod as he moved to sit up. She smiled, prompting a tired smile from him as well, and left him to go to the kitchen in their tiny apartment.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: [Quest] And I Know You Back Just the Same [Self]

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/11/2017 6:48 PM

When Griffin pulled himself out of bed and wandered into the main room, Mildred was cooking eggs and toast. He glanced at the clock, wincing at the red '2:34' staring back at him. "Sorry I slept so late," he mumbled quietly, walking over to the small table they shared in the kitchen. He trailed his hands over the woodgrain, then moved over to Mildred, walking up behind her and planting a soft kiss to her neck.

She made a sound of surprise, chuckling at him, and twisted her head around to kiss his lips quick as he retreated. He made a move to move back in, but decided against it, wanting to let her cook in peace. "You're fine. I admit I was a bit worried. Are you feeling alright? Besides the... obvious," she said, offering a sympathetic smile.

"I'm not sick, if that's what you're asking," Griffin assured, waving her worry away with a returned smile and a swiveling hand in the air. "It's... it was a bit worse, last night, I suppose."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/11/2017 6:53 PM

Mildred slid the egg onto a piece of toast on a plate, and looked back at him worriedly. "You should've woken me up," she murmured, bringing the plate over to him. "I didn't have work today," she added, sitting across from him. She'd already eaten, it seemed, and was just waiting for him expectantly.

"I know," he murmured, pulling the plate closer and staring at the food, willing his stomach to cooperate. He took a breath, and lifted the toast to his mouth, forcing himself to eat though he didn't particularly feel hungry. "I blame the weather," he said suddenly, and Mildred found herself smiling.

"We'll find a medicine that works, soon," she answered quietly, her foot brushing his ankle under the table. He nodded, hoping to absorb some of her optimism, returning the touch as he took a bigger bite. "My job is steady, and we're making enough to support us both."

He winced, knowing she meant she was making enough, but the thought counted, in his heart.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/11/2017 8:17 PM

She hummed as he ate, angling her head to look out the window. It was a bright, sunny day, one of the hottest so far in this beginning of summer. Griffin had always liked winter and autumn the most. His exhaustion was worrying, but she smiled when she saw he'd nearly finished the food.

"What if you tried to paint today?" she offered, her tone light. The natural light from the windows would provide excellent atmosphere, she thought, as if she knew a thing about painting. She truly didn't--that was Griffin's expertise, though she found it beautiful and fascinating when he told her. She did have the ability to know what looked right or slightly off, though, so she was often a second judge for his paintings. "I could get your things out of the closet."

Griffin's mouth was already forming the words to argue against it, but he distracted it with the last piece of egg-toast. "I could," he indulged her, a small, unsure smile on his face.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/11/2017 8:31 PM

It wasn't long before Mildred was carrying baskets of bottled paints out into the main room, with Griffin trailing behind her, walking the easel to a partially-sunlit section of floorspace. He sat down in front of it, staring at the blank canvas that looked incredibly dusty, now--but he'd primed it already, somewhere back in the past. Griffin's sense of time had started to go a bit awry, since this particular emotional funk had hit him.

"Little dusty," Mildred mused aloud, wiping the edge of the canvas with a finger and peering at the grey fluff that came off on her hand. She swept some of it away, and Griffin felt a pang of guilt in his chest.

"You don't... have to, don't worry, I've got it," he murmured, helping her brush the dust away, their hands occasionally meeting. He had to smile at the little apology she gave for lightly jabbing him with a fingernail on accident. Eventually it looked somewhat acceptable, and he picked up a paintbrush, beginning to thumb over the soft bristles. Right, this one was a new one. He'd never used it before.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [Quest] And I Know You Back Just the Same [Self; M?]

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/11/2017 8:38 PM

Mildred watched him for a moment, then bent down to kiss the side of his head, her hand trailing through the shorter hairs near the meeting point of his nape and head. "I'll be in the kitchen. I need to look through some documents... unless you'd rather me watch you."

Griffin began to shake his head, his expression pensive as he paused to think. "I don't mind if you watch," he insisted, and she gave him a small smile, leaving to retrieve her laptop. She was back on the couch with the computer, sitting a little bit behind him, watching the sunlight fall on his bony shoulders. They weren't always so bony.

Money wasn't scarce, but it was limited. Griffin had shown hesitation about seeing a therapist--so pills it was. Mildred sometimes imagined she could see the throes of depression, clinging to her boyfriend's shoulders like a heavy layer of dust. Dark, and unable to be permanently brushed away. "I just," Griffin's voice piped up softly, "I just don't know what to paint."

Mildred pursed her lips in thought, staring at the blank canvas. She put her laptop aside for a moment and knelt down next to him on the floor. "You could just paint," she mused, reaching for a paintbrush, then searching his eyes for permission. He looked unconvinced, but curious, and he smiled with a nod to the canvas, inviting her to paint. She thought for a moment, then decided against using a paintbrush. Instead she squirted out some blue and dipped her fingers into it, beginning to swipe a fast, but pretty arc of blue across the canvas. She went for more blue, and began padding it around the bottom of the arc, a kind of raincloud effect.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/11/2017 8:45 PM

Griffin watched her for a moment, affection collecting in his eyes as he watched her focus on the canvas. Mildred didn't paint, but she knew how to try, at least. That was more than Griffin could say about himself lately. Slowly, he reached for the purple paint, and joined her--he reached for a paintbrush, and she eyed him with a smile.

He put the paintbrush down, and dipped his fingers in, grinning slightly at the giggle that spilled out of Mildred.

The canvas was looking like a mess in a short amount of time, but it was a rather pretty mess. Some of the color had mixed (and Griffin had gotten into the red, which prompted Mildred to go for green, much to Griffin's chagrin--contrasting colors would surely be a disaster), but in the end, it looked alright. Completely abstract, save for some sort of tree-like shape Griffin had started to make. Mildred sat back and stretched her arms, popping her back, and Griffin looked over at her, his heart beating faster than it had in awhile. He let out a soft huff of air, watching her for a moment.

"I want to paint you," he murmured, an urgency in his voice that made her open her eyes wide to stare at him. It wasn't like she hadn't modeled for him before--but he had inspiration, now, suddenly, and she wasn't about to let that fizzle. Work could wait--she had time to do that later. This was important.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/11/2017 8:53 PM

She looked at the paint on her hands, then reached for the paint rag nearby to wipe her hands off. "Where should I sit?" she asked, watching as Griffin stood up and rushed to drag a short stool over. He patted it, and she hopped up with a smile, moving to sit down on it. He paused and looked back at her, at the sunlight from the window on her shoulders, at her smile beaming up at him, his heart thumping with something very alive and bright in his chest.

"Can I--" he cut off, his face turning pink, and he cleared his throat softly, running a hand through his hair by habit. Mildred made a noise to stop him, but it was too late--he'd forked purple and red paint through his blonde locks, and she stifled a giggle behind her hand.

"Can you what?" she asked, peering at the light red tint to his cheeks. She stared at him, trying to read his expression--sheepish, and just a little bit... oh, she knew that look. She arched an eyebrow and smiled slightly, standing up for just a moment to step close and kiss his cheek. She repeated the question, softer in his ear, sparking enough bravery for him to speak.

Griffin let out a soft huff of air, turning to look at her, his grey-blue eyes shining. "Can I paint you naked?" he asked softly, fingers moving to touch Mildred--but she held up a hand and stopped him, smiling gently, coyly at him.

"Wipe of your hands, before you touch. Your hair's a mess," she chuckled, and Griffin flushed when the confusion of her statement passed. Right. Finger painting was so hazardous.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/11/2017 9:01 PM

Griffin moved to wipe off his hands, his ears tingling slightly at the sound of Mildred slipping out of her clothing. He snuck a glance, staring at the arch of her back, soft features haloed by the too-harsh sunlight. Her presence cast powerful shadows, giving her a rather ethereal look for a few moments, before she gave him a look, arched brow and questioning smirk, that made him stammer out something.

"Y-you're beautiful," he mumbled, and she felt herself melt a little bit. She walked up to him, her pants still on but halfway undone, gently tugging his face up to press a kiss to his mouth. Griffin's hands faltered for a moment, before they reached to her hips, brushing hipbone and skin before sliding her jeans down around her ankles. She stepped out, breaking the kiss and smiling at him, her hands settling on her hips.

"This good?" she asked, grinning. Griffin's insides warmed, love shining in his eyes. He nodded, and she moved over to the stool, sitting down with weight on one of her thighs, getting comfortable as she could be in such a state. Even after five years, she was still a bit bashful.

"Perfect," Griffin murmured from behind the canvas, quickly getting out various paints, stealing glances at her and judging what he needed. Soon he had a calculated set of paints blobbed in front of him, feeling a little warm in his clothes... but it was such a buzzing, living feeling, he clung to it while it would last.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/13/2017 1:58 AM

Griffin used the background they'd painted together--it was odd, but strangely beautiful at the same time. His back took on a familiar, focused tension as he began painting, his blue eyes darting analytically between Mildred and the canvas. Mildred tried her best not to fidget, but she couldn't stop herself from smiling every time he ducked his head back to the canvas. She didn't want to say anything, for fear of startling or embarrassing him out of his current state. It was nice to just see him paint again.

After awhile, she felt like she was cramping, and she glanced over at a clock on the wall. Two hours had passed, relatively quickly, and when she looked back at Griffin she noticed he'd stopped painting. "Done already?" she asked quietly, offering a smile. It fell slightly as Griffin gave her a lost look, and she stood quickly, walking over to him. "What's wrong?"

"I just..." Griffin began, wincing as she looked at the canvas. She blinked, staring at her unfinished form--but there was something elegant about what was there, a great care taken to each detail of the angles of her shoulders, hips, and body. "I... I feel stuck," he said softly, staring down at his hands, tension in his jaw betraying his self-loathing. "It's like something just... switched off, just now. I'm sorry... I'm sorry, i-it... it might come back..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate