A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: When Sunlight Shines Through Trees (M - L)(P)

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 4:09 PM

"Staring at...?" Rebi turned to Komo in confusion, before realizing what he was talking about. He obviously thought that the glares from the girls were meant for him. Heaving a deep sigh, Rebi said loudly, "Don't worry about those bitches. They're so stuck up, they think their shit doesn't smell."

Before she could really think about what she was doing, she linked her arm with his, leaning her head on his shoulder. Hoping he wouldn't shove her off, she whispered in his ear, "Act like we're a bonded pair, okay? Those girls are wimps, and will only pick on you if they think you don't have anyone to back you up." As an afterthought, she added in a growl, "And don't you dare bring this up later. It doesn't mean anything, got it?"

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7119
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 4:21 PM

I look back and forth between Rebi and the others, putting together what she was saying. When I feel her arm wrap against mine, I get a feeling I haven't gotten from her at all today. I can feel my cheeks turning bright red, which I find extremely difficult to control. But I refuse to pull away. If those girls are being mean to my fighter, I'll defend her entirely.

Besides, if I pull away, Rebi would probably rip my arm off. I'd rather not refuse her, if only for my sake.

But how do I pretend we're a bonded pair? First things first, breathe. I can't pull this off if I look like a tomato. Breathe in... and out. Okay, the blood's out of my face. Now just lean your head back and relax.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 4:28 PM

Judging from the way Komo tensed when she grabbed him, he was unaccustomed to public displays of affection. Or perhaps he was unaccustomed to any displays of affection. The thought struck Rebi as funny, and she found herself whispering, "What, not used to a pretty girl clinging to you? Don't worry, I won't make a habit of it."

As the bus neared the downtown area of a small town, she closed her eyes and said quietly, "Once we get out, you can do whatever you want. You don't have to stick with me if you don't want to. I doubt those girls would try anything in front of shop employees and other customers."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: When Sunlight Shines Through Leaves (M - L)(P)

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 4:45 PM

Though I am uncomfortable with her grabbing my arm so abruptly, I wouldn't want her to treat me like a stranger our entire relationship. Relationship? I... I mean friendship... partnership. Whatever word best describes us working together.

When we get off the bus and away from other students, she finally unlatches her arm from mine. "Sorry for how I tensed up back there. I'm not use to attention. Or... that." I liked it though. It just surprised me. "I really don't have anything to do. I'd like to hang with you, if that's okay with you." Please say yes, I think to myself.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 4:53 PM

Komo didn't reply, so the rest of the ride - what little of it was left, that is - passed by in silence. When the bus doors opened, Rebi darted to be one of the first people off the bus, practically dragging the poor boy along with her. Once they were off the bus, she darted around the corner, barely hearing the voice of a teacher urging her to, "Slow down! Don't forget to make sure you're back before the bus leaves!"

Once they were around the corner and out of sight, Rebi turned to Komo. Having him around was actually a good idea, just in case the bullies decided to be bold enough to bother her in public. Instead of showing her happiness at not being alone, she rolled her eyes. "Fine, follow me around like a lost puppy. I guess I could use someone to carry my bags for me."

Suddenly, a thought struck her. "Hey, did you only have the one bag? That didn't look like enough room to hold a whole wardrobe's worth of clothes."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 5:05 PM

And once again, my attempt to spend time with her is belittled. I guess that's what I get for encouraging her. But At least I'm not alone. I'm tired of being alone all my life. But I don't want to seem ungrateful. She could've just left me to wander the streets alone.

Upon her next question, all I answer is "my clothes are fine. It's enough to get by on. Besides, it's enough to fill a load of laundry. I don't like having a lot to wash." Truth be told, a lot of my clothes were ratty and old. But none of them had holes in them. The outfit I'd currently been wearing was by far my nicest clothes. I'd worn it the day I put in my entrance form. "Besides, I don't have enough money to waste on new clothes."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 5:40 PM

Viewing her shopping partner as a project now, rather than her enemy, Rebi shook her head. "No way am I going to be seen with a guy who only has like two old outfits." Grabbing his arm, she pulled him in the direction of the bank. "I have to deposit my check, but after that we can go shopping. Don't worry about laundry or money. The school has a laundry service, they'll even fold or iron and hang your clothes for you. As for money, I have more than enough."

Whether or not he protested, she refused to take any other answer but 'yes'. At the bank, she handed them her check, asking, "Could I get half of this deposited, and half of it in keystones, please?" The person at the desk soon handed her a rather large pouch of keystones, which she securely attached to her belt. "Now, let's go get both of us some nice clothes."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 5:47 PM

Once again, I nearly lose my arm as she pulls me along. I don't even get a chance to protest before she's dragged me into a large building. Many bankers were standing behind desks, working transactions for patrons of the city. This was no place for someone as lowly as me. My father was a simple man who didn't want for any of the fancy things in life. He believed in hard work and honest pay. Doing what needed to be done because it needed to be done. Because of him, I never wanted for anything, because I didn't need much. What I had was plenty, and I was grateful. "Look, Rebi. It's not that I don't appreciate it, I just don't really need new things. You don't have to go out of your way to make me look good. Fashion isn't something I care about." But I know that no matter how much I say, she'd have none of it. I guess the best thing for me to do is shut up and take it.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 6:23 PM

"Don't you understand?" Rebi scowled at Komo. "I'm not buying you nice things because I'm vain or anything, or because I think you want them. I can't be seen with you dressed like," she looked him up and down in obvious disapproval before adding, "that." The fear of what she would say if she saw Rebi's partner as he was now caused the girl to forget about keeping her mask in place. For a moment, the worry clouded her expression. Finally remembering herself, she shook her head and allowed her mask to slip back into place. "Look, just let me buy you some stuff, okay? Think of it as me saving my own ass, not me buying you stuff."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 6:46 PM

That's probably the one thing that I'm was proud of. My father's humble outlook on life. That's it, I've got to put my foot down. However, when I go to open my mouth, I see the look on her face. Finally, he gave in. "Alright. But nothing too flashy, okay?" I couldn't stand walking out in public in a outfit that was... ostentatious. After a few seconds of empty thought, I realize what she said. "Wait..." Why is she so worried about how I look? Is there someone that even she fears? That's when I decide to ask her. "Who are you afraid of?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 7:01 PM

At the question, Rebi immediately put her guards back up. "No one," she growled defensively. Hoping to really drive the point in, she added, "When have I ever appeared to be afraid of anyone? And don't you dare try to say that I was scared of those girls earlier - I only wanted to make sure you didn't get put on their hit list right away. Besides, I don't want to keep having to shop for new clothes because of them."

Spotting a shop with clothes for teenagers of both genders, she canted her head in that direction. "Come on, please just let me buy you some clothes? I promise, I'm not going to dress you up like some spoiled prince or something. I just want you to have nice clothes. Hey, maybe we can even get matching outfits." Without thinking, she muttered, "My mother would love that."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 7:24 PM

Already aware that I've upset her, I decide to keep my mouth shut. I seem to have hit a soft spot in her life. I'll be sure not to bring that up again. I want to work with her, not against her. I start walking after her, and even though I'm against the idea of getting new clothes. As we enter the clothing store, I stair at the vast assortment of clothes, unsure of what to make of them. "So what's with all the colors? Aren't they a bit too bold?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 7:55 PM

"So you're not a colors guy, huh?" Rebi nodded. "That works for me. I prefer black and other dark colors, so at least we won't really clash or anything." She chuckled. "You should see some of the pairs at the school - they go to great lengths to match perfectly. Some have clothes tailored specifically for them. At least I'm not making you do that."

Eyeballing him for size, she found a pair of dark jeans that would likely fit him well, without being too baggy or too tight. Grabbing the dark jeans, as well as a pair of normal colored jeans and some khaki colored pants as well, she pushed him towards the dressing room. "Start by trying these on. I'll grab some shirts that will look good with those." Before he had the chance to argue, she shoved him inside, pressed the jeans into his hands, and closed the door.

Soon, she returned with several pairs of shirts: v-necks, raglans, and long-sleeved Henley shirts. They were mostly dark colors - blue, grey, black, red and green, but some of them were lighter shades of blue, red or green and a couple were white.

"How's it going?" she asked.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 10:18 PM

"Hey!" Before I knew it, I was being shoved in a dressing room. With only a few pairs of pants, and no voice of my own, I start trying on the pants. The first one is a blue pair of jeans, but I can already tell that they're too tight. They practically cut of circulation to my legs and... nether region. I'm more than glad to take them off. The second is the khaki trousers. They feel fine, but, make me look more like a church boy. I won't be wearing them, knowing Rebi and I would hate how they look on me. The third pair, a black pair of jeans, aren't tight on me, nor are they too loose. They look nice enough that I won't be giving off the wrong image. I don't bother trying on the fourth pair.

I was just taking off the pants when Rebi came back. "One of these seemed to fit pretty well. What are those? Do you expect me to try all of those on?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 10:26 PM

Rebi had slung the shirts over the stall without thinking of how long it would take him to try them all on. "Um, I guess you don't have to try all of them. But figure out which size fits you in each style, and pick at least two of the styles." She removed several of the shirts, leaving three sizes of each style shirt for him to try on. "Once we know your sizes and which style you like, we can get it in different colors. Do you want these pants in different colors? You should at least get a normal colored pair of blue jeans, and maybe some lighter ones too. Maybe two pairs of each color?"

The girl was barely giving the boy a chance to answer, and she hadn't even tried on anything herself yet. "I'll leave the pants at the checkout desk while I try on some clothes myself." As she turned, she spotted several jackets hanging nearby, and paused. "Hey, pick out at least one jacket you like, too. Leather, sweatshirt, whatever. You can grab more than one if you want to. I'll meet you outside the changing rooms once I'm done, okay?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext