A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: When Sunlight Shines Through Leaves (M - L)(P)

Postby Jedi » 07/23/2017 9:46 AM

Thinking back on when Rebi delivered the swift justice, I can't help but snicker. "Yeah, It went away. For a couple days, she was trying to pull of a goth look?" The girl hadn't been able to cover the black eye as well, so she colored the other to match. "Maybe you could've helped with that, but I doubt you'd want the detention."

Now that I see her enjoying herself, I hold her hand and smile at her. Maybe it's not love yet, but I do know I like her. And I'm glad to see that she likes me too.

The bus arrived a minute later, so I drag Rebi to the back this time and set her beside me. "I'm glad I was able to find you. I don't know if I could survive the school without you."

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/24/2017 6:19 PM

I don't know how I've survived all these years of my life without you. The words came to Rebi's mind, but she didn't say them. Instead, she simply squeezed Komo's hand and leaned her head on his shoulder. "You won't have to do anything without me from now on," she said. "If you really mean what you say, and you just want to protect me, I'm willing to stop fighting. From now on, I'll try to listen when you give commands."

When the bus pulled up to the school, Rebi simply sat back in her seat and waited for everyone else to get off before the two of them. Once the bus was empty, she pulled Komo towards the entrance, this time not in an attempt to control him, but because she didn't want to be separated from him.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7109
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/24/2017 7:16 PM

As she leans against me, I can feel my heart pound faster. "Let's hope you don't stop fighting. Only redirecting it at our opponents." I wrap my arm around her and pull her just a little closer.

As the others get off the bus, I start to wonder why we're waiting. But it's not long before I realize that she just wants us to leave last. As she pulls me along, I start to wonder what we're going to do for the rest of the day. I hadn't realized that it was still early. "So what do ya want to do today? Now that you're coming back to school, you probably have things you'll need to catch up on. I can help if you want me to."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/24/2017 7:24 PM

The girl rolled her eyes. "Ugh, homework. I don't even want to bother." It was tempting to just ignore the fact that she had missed so much schoolwork. But the thought of being expelled due to failing her classes and having to leave Komo was a frightening one, so she sighed and gave in. "But I probably should get caught up. I don't want you to have the waste the rest of your day helping me, though. If you want to do something else, that's okay." She didn't want to tell him that she actually hoped he would stay and help, if only so that she didn't have to be alone again.

It seemed that now that she was no longer trying so hard to hate Komo, she was actually able to realize how nice it was to be around him. He was such a genuinely kind person, and had put up with so much of her bullshit. Being around him actually calmed Rebi down - which just went to show how much effort she had put into disliking him.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/24/2017 8:06 PM

Unable to keep from smiling at her, I go on to assure her. "I want to help. I care about keeping you around, which is why I'm going to help you catch up on homework. After we're finished with it, then we can do whatever we want."

A couple hours passed by and it was just turning five o'clock. Even though I had done the same homework yesterday, I forgot how difficult it was. "It's getting a bit late. Do you want to head to the cafeteria? Get some dinner?" This dorm is a little too small for a kitchen, so eating out is the only option for us. At least the food in the cafeteria was usually cheap, if not free.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/12/2017 7:39 PM

"Huh?" Still a bit dazed from the non-stop schoolwork, Rebi's eyes had a glassy appearance to them as she looked up. But as soon as the words sunk in, she seemed to revive, jumping out of her chair so quickly that it fell over. "Yes! Food!" Smiling sheepishly at her reaction, she quickly bent over to right the chair, before adding, "Food is good."

Hesitating only for a moment, she reached out for Komo's hand. She left a bit of space, allowing him the choice of whether or not the two would walk to the cafeteria holding hands. After all the time she had spent pushing him away, it was about time for him to be able to take his place as leader - as the Sacrifice - of their Unit.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 09/12/2017 8:05 PM

When I see Rebi excited to get food, I start standing as well, doing so without knocking my chair over. I would've helped her pick it up, but she'd already went after it. As I push my chair in, I'm delightedly surprised to see her holding her hand out to me. Beaming with joy, I take it, ready to go out.

As we enter the cafeteria, I notice that it's not that full. Of course, it's only fifteen after five, which isn't quite dinner time yet, but my stomach's growling. "It looks like we won't have to save seats. There's not that many people here yet. We could get our food together." I pull her alongside me as I approach the long kitchen window. There seems to be plenty of variety today. Staring at the options, I try to decide what I want. "You can go first Rebi, if you want to. I'm still deciding."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/12/2017 8:19 PM

Rebi was both disappointed and happy to see that the cafeteria was mostly empty. On one hand, she would be able to get food quicker, which was a huge plus. On the other hand, she had kind of wanted to show off the fact that she and Komo were getting closer to becoming a bonded pair. Fighter Units were all about the bond between the two halves of the Unit - the stronger the bond, the more powerful the Unit. Rebi was hoping that soon enough, she and Komo would prove Enlightened to be the strongest in the school.

Finally letting go of her partner's hand in order to grab a tray, Rebi wasn't shy when it came to piling on the food. Luckily, the cafeteria offered a pretty wide selection of food from all cultures, and today Rebi went right to the Asian food. Soon, her try was heavy with lo mein noodles, orange and teriyaki chicken, an egg roll and egg drop soup.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 09/13/2017 4:53 PM

Now that Rebi's filled her tray, I'm still here trying to figure out what I want. I settle on asking for the same thing she'd gotten, but in slightly smaller portions. I don't want to overload my tray as much. As soon as we get to a table, I sit next to her. "This looks good. I can't wait to dig in." I'd grabbed a pair of chop sticks, hoping to beat the challenge of using them. "So we're just about done catching you up on homework. We've still got a couple hours before it gets dark. Anything you want to do?" I try to recall what activities there are near the campus. I think there's a gymnasium. It's usually used for battles, but it does have basketball hoops. There's also a library in the school, where they have tons of books and computers available to the students. I'm sure that they'd let Rebi use them. She's still a student, even after the incident before she left.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/13/2017 5:00 PM

"Good luck eating with those things," Rebi teased, gesturing to the chopsticks. She herself didn't want to bother with them - they would only slow her down. As soon as she was seated, she began shoveling forkfuls of food into her mouth. "Mmm," she mumbled through a mouthful of lo mein. "I love Asian food."

At the question, she hesitated. Was there anything she really wanted to do? "How about you pick," she said finally, after swallowing. "You've spent so much time just following me around and doing whatever I want to do. I don't even know what you like to do." As an afterthought, she added, "You know, there are clubs and stuff that we can join, too. Like if you have any specific interests, maybe there's a group we can join for it."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 09/13/2017 5:27 PM

"Well," I think for a second. There was one hobby I use to have when I was in my previous school. i remember being on the team, but never got a lot of recognition. "Have you ever played chess?"

After we finished our food, I take her hand and dragged her to the library. "I came in here the other day and saw this here." I take her past a few book shelves until we found it. It was a wooden chess table, complete with drawers that kept track of all of the chess piece, along with a handful of checker pieces. But we only needed the chess pieces. "Here, you sit here," I state as I pull out the white chair. "And I'll sit here. Now, this is how you set up the pieces." I begin placing the pieces where they go, hoping that she gets the gist of it. "And white always goes first. Just remember, pawns can move two spots for their first move."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous