A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: When Sunlight Shines Through Leaves (M - L)(P)

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 10:48 PM

All of these different styles, colors and sizes were starting to confuse me. But I figure it's not that confusing. She's just going faster that I am. I haven't shopped for clothes since I hit my growth spurt. And even then, it was old dusty clothes in a bargain store. I wasn't use to these places where they have a million different combinations. After about a dozen different shirts, I finally figure out which sizes fit me in each style.

I step out of the dressing room, switched back into my actual clothes, holding the clothes that fit me in one hand. I can't see Rebi, so I'm guessing she's browsing clothes for herself or perhaps trying some on herself. Luckily, I'm able to see one of the store employees. "Excuse me miss, but what do I do with these other clothes? I just tried them on and-" "That's fine," she interrupts. "I'll take care of them." I keep hold onto the ones in my hand and thank her. Then I set out to find more clothes in the styles and colors I like in my sizes.

I haven't gotten a chance to check out the jackets yet before I see Rebi again. By then I've got about half a dozen henley and v neck shirts and four pairs of jeans. Most of them are in dark blues, light blues and blacks.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 10:54 PM

Komo may have been content to try clothes on and see how they fit him in the mirror in the dressing room, but Rebi wasn't. With each new outfit, she left the dressing room in order to look at herself in the three enormous mirrors set up to help you see yourself from every angle. She was fast with trying on clothes, and was on her sixth outfit when Komo noticed her.

Dressed in a black sundress with purple and gold flowers, she turned her back to her partner to instead inspect herself in the mirrors. "I hate dresses, but this one isn't too bad," she said. "And I'll need something nice to wear on parent's day, when my mom visits." Finally turning, she asked, "What do you think? Too girly?" It wasn't that she necessarily wanted his opinion, but she needed someone's opinion, so his would do.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 11:04 PM

The sight of her in a sundress caught me off guard. I had to snap myself out of it in order to realize she was asking my opinion. "I like it." It wasn't a lie, but more of an understatement. Seeing her as something other than the bully she's acted like kinda gives me a new perspective on her. Looking for something to point to why I like the dress, I notice a small similarity in color. "It brings out the purple in your eyes. And I like how the color pops out. It looks surreal." Granted, I wouldn't wear anything flashy, I really liked it on her. "Parents day is coming up? Should I get something that matches? Since we're a fighter unit, I mean."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 11:12 PM

For some reason, Komo's look of appreciation caused Rebi to grow more fond of the dress immediately. His words only added to the effect, and she eventually nodded. "Yeah, I think I'm going to buy it. I'll get some ballet flats to match."

At his question, she worried her lower lip with her teeth. "Uh, you probably should, eventually. But I doubt you'll be meeting my mom this soon." She couldn't tell him that she was worried about how her mother would treat him, so instead she said, "I wouldn't want to introduce you until we're one hundred percent sure that we're actually a pair."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 11:20 PM

Well, I'm one hundred percent sure. That's what I want to tell her. I just have to let her find out for herself if she wants to stay. "That's okay. We can always come back. I was thinking about looking at the jackets with you. I've got no clue what would look good on me." Plus, I've never really cared for what I looked like before now. I mean, my dad didn't have a lot of extra cash, so we couldn't afford a sense of fashion. I'm sure that Rebi knows what'll look best on me. I trust her.

"So, what else did you get? I'd like to get to know this side of you." I wish I could speak my mind around you also. I'd like to be your friend, at least. Wait... we've only met today. I have to give it time before I start thinking of her as a friend. I hope I'm not getting too attached too quickly.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 11:24 PM

"Sure, I can help you pick something out. Just let me try on my normal clothes first, okay?" Rebi darted back into the dressing room. She still had a few things to try on, but in the end she decided to just buy them. She could always return them on Saturday if they didn't fit or she ended up not liking them.

Exiting the dressing room, she joined Komo near the male's jackets. She was just picking out a leather jacket that she thought would look good on anyone, when his words made her stop. Ignoring the question, she asked defensively, "What do you mean, this side of me? Do you think I'm two sided or something?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 11:29 PM

Oh jeez, Komo. You really had to do it. "No, I..." I hope I can fix this conversation. What did I do to screw this up? "I didn't mean it like..." I keep telling myself to fix it, but it's not helping. "I just wanted to get to know you." That's not good enough, Komo. You've got to fix it. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just meant your sense of style." Right now I'm not even sure if that'll help though.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 11:33 PM

That tiny voice of insecurity inside of Rebi whispered that Komo's excuse wasn't good enough. The voice urged her to fight, to show him that she wasn't weak and wouldn't allow him to speak so offensively of her. But if she were to be honest with herself, she was tired of fighting...for the day, at least. It took a lot of effort to hate someone who had done nothing but show her kindness. Would it really hurt her to cut the guy some slack? It wasn't like she had to accept his role as her Sacrifice, right?

"It's fine," she said finally, waving her hand in the air. "I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and overreacted like that." Grabbing the leather jacket and a navy blue hoodie from the racks, she added them to the clothes already in his arms. "Come on, let's go ahead and check out."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/14/2017 11:41 PM

Sweat had already began to gather at my forehead when she waived it off. At the words, I breathed heavy gusts of relief. With that, I pick up the clothes we had both picked out and carry them to the counter. I didn't how much they cost until the woman finished ringing them up. Eyes wide, I ask Rebi "Is that accurate? I've never even seen that many keystones before. I'm sorry if I cost too much, Rebi. But thank you for the clothes."

When she finished paying, I look up at a clock behind the counter and notice that an hour had passed by. "What time does the bus head back?" I'm pretty sure we should still be good. It's still very bright outside, so I doubt they'd head back yet. But you can never be too certain of something.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/15/2017 12:00 AM

Rebi giggled at Komo's reaction. "Don't worry, over half of that is the clothes I've gotten. Besides, it's no biggie. Even if I had spent all the keystones for this month - which I haven't - I'd be getting more next month. I have a pretty large spending allowance." Handing the correct amount of keystones over to the cashier as payment, Rebi thanked her and then took two of the five bags, assuming that Komo would take the others.

Glancing at the clock behind the counter, Rebi shook her head. "It's only been an hour, so we still have like three hours before the bus returns to pick us up." She squinted as she exited the shop, the sunlight far too bright for her eyes after the dimmer, artificial lighting inside the shop. "Do you wanna grab some milkshakes? Or see a movie?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/15/2017 12:12 AM

Komo took the three remaining bags with ease. He was blinded just as Rebi was, trying to shield his eyes with one of the bags. As she asked him about what to do next, he perked up a bit.

Milkshakes did sound nice, as did seeing a movie. It must've been years since I've last stepped in a movie theater. But this getting out and spending time with Rebi was nice. Just getting to hang out with someone else was nice. "If that's what you plan on doing, then I'd be up for it. To be honest, I don't even know of any movies that are out right now. If there's any you wanted to see, I'd like to accompany you."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/15/2017 12:17 AM

"Okay," Rebi tried to make the decision on her own. "Let's see a movie, then. We still have three hours, so we should be able to get a milkshake too, before we leave. Unless we have to wait a while for the movie to start, I mean."

Leading him towards the theater, she paused to scan the titles. "Oh, that's one I wanted to see." She pointed to the title of a horror movie. "Hopefully they'll have a showtime that works with our schedule."

Luck seemed to be on her side, as the movie had a showing in ten minutes. "I hope you like horror," Rebi said, as she handed one of the tickets she had purchased to Komo. Leading him into the correct theater, she took a seat as close to the middle as they could get.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/15/2017 12:31 AM

With as little as I saw movies, it should come to no surprise that I haven't seen horror movies a whole lot. And so I was completely unprepared for what I was about to see. It wasn't even halfway through the trailers before I started getting goosebumps. The first ten minutes were pretty quiet, so that got me to relax a bit, but after then, it started getting more thrilling. That's when I started asking questions.

"Wait, so why are they going in the woods? ...But that's obviously where the killer is... Wait, what's he doing?"

It was then that I unexpectedly grabbed onto Rebi's hand. My heart was pounding so fast that I hadn't even realized I'd grabbed it. I'm not even sure if I'd been able to let go. At least I didn't look away or scream.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/15/2017 12:37 AM

While Rebi loved horror movies, they still scared her. Luckily, Komo's questions came as a distraction from the fear. An annoying distraction, but one nonetheless. "Shh," she shushed him. "Just watch the movie! Everyone always acts dumb in these things."

At that moment, the music became creepier. The anticipation was building up, and Rebi felt her heart racing. Before she knew it, she was clutching Komo's hand. Had he grabbed her hand, or had she grabbed his? It didn't seem to matter - they were both clutching onto each other as if their lives depended on it. And when the killer suddenly appeared on scream, causing a rather gory death, Rebi gasped and hid her head in Komo's shoulder.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/15/2017 12:48 AM

All I feel is the wind knocked out of me, as not only was I scared by the killer's sudden appearance, but I also felt something hit my chest. Looking down, I see Rebi's head pressed into my shoulders. Apparently I hadn't been the only one scared. Shocked, I also notice her hand, clasped in mine. I'm not sure who grabbed who's hand, but I'm not able to protest right now. I'm not sure which I can't focus on. The movie, or Rebi leaning against me. But it's just the movie. She's just as scared as I am. And my heart won't stop racing.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext