A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Vanilla Twilight [L]

Postby Night » 10/02/2017 12:09 AM

Nox was fidgeting. Perhaps it wasn't the most noteworthy of observations, given that he rarely stood still even on days when he wasn't threatening to melt through the asphalt in a ren fair parking lot. His fingers tugged at the collar of his (rather... garish) dress shirt, pulled at the buttons of his vest, smoothed down his jacket sleeves - everything had to be perfect when Kadin showed up. Not that he'd been waiting for any significant amount of time, or fully expected Kadin to meet him here. He'd only been there for about half an hour, and really it wouldn't have been that long if he hadn't shown up ridiculously early on the off chance that Kadin showed up early, because he wouldn't want to keep him waiting.

It was mere seconds after their agreed upon waiting time and he was questioning just about everything. Perhaps the other man had changed his mind? Or maybe he couldn't see him in the crowd. It was a weekend, after all...

The near constant stream of passerby kept him sane, at least. It allowed him to zone out, relax and think about the lack of enthusiasm most people showed for their outfits, or the way that Kadin smiled, or the way he laughed...

In truth, he was ridiculously smitten. It was sad more than anything. He'd been standing out in the autumn chill in what he was starting to suspect was a very silly outfit waiting on a man that may or may not show because he couldn't wait a moment longer. He was just so.... excited to see Kadin again. Ignoring that it had been only a day or two since he'd begged cookies from him at Rochelle's, and had seen him a week or less before that in his own home, it had been too long.

He checked his pocket to be sure the ring, fresh from the workshop, was still there. Nox wasn't going to give it to him. Not yet. He was waiting for the perfect moment. Not that it was intended to signify something or anything like that. He just. He didn't know why it had to be perfect, actually. It was just a gesture of friendship, and that was all.

Just friendship. For his best friend. Right. Which is why you've inscribed it. His mind was a -traitor- and he didn't need to put up with its bullshit.

Hopefully Kadin hadn't gotten lost on his way here, or forgotten the time, or gods forbid if something happened to him. What if he really had decided not to come? Or figured out that Nox thought this was a date, or what if Kadin thought this was a date and Nox was supposed to kiss him when he got here? Is that something people did on first dates? If he expected that and Nox didn't kiss him would he be disappointed and think he wasn't interested?

Nox checked his watch for the fiftieth time. Less than a minute had passed. Shit.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Re: Vanilla Twilight [L]

Postby Skylark » 10/08/2017 10:34 PM

Kadin had intended to be on time. He honestly had. Even if he didn't really get why Nox wanted him to come to this- fair? Or whatever it was? So badly. Even if he didn't really get the point of a bunch of people dressing up like they were from the past. Even if he didn't understand the point of why the organization that was throwing the whole fair was doing it in the first place! It was something Nox had seemed excited about and wanted to share with him because apparently there was a surprise at the fair and Nox had had a part in making it happen. And, well. Kadin would have felt like a shit friend if he'd said no. Because that's what they were. Friends.

It was really fucking weird to think that he had a friend.

Anyway, back to the point. Kadin had intended to be on time, but the moment he had started towards the door to leave Rochelle had descended upon him in a fury of fur and claws demanding stupid shit like Is that what you're wearing??? Kadin You Can't Wear THAT Change Immediately! It had taken a good ten minutes to fight off her claws alone and another ten to argue with her until he could escape out the door without changing a single thing about his outfit, thank you very much.

Even now, he didn't get what the whole big deal was? He was just wearing dark wash jeans, a black and red t-shirt that he'd nabbed for free because it advertised some local mage's tournament or something, and his typical black jacket. It was literally the same kinda thing he wore every day of his fucking life, why the hell did she have such an issue with it this morning?

Luckily, the route to the fair wasn't particularly difficult to navigate. With a few shortcuts through alleys and a light jog, Kadin was able to show up only about ten minutes late and barely out of breath. The only thing he was worried about was that Nox might have thought he'd decided not to show up at all and entered the fair without him. He had no fucking idea how he'd find him if that were the case since it was so damned crowded today... but at the same time he wouldn't have blamed him for giving up on him. He was late. Shit. He'd only just accepted that maybe they weren't just friendly acquaintances and he was already failing at this whole friend thing.

So, there he was. Lurking around the edges of the fair grounds, looking for his... friend while appear much more worse-for-wear than he'd originally realized. Kadin might have avoided Rochelle's claws finding skin, but they'd done a number on his clothes which, in his haste to escape, he hadn't noticed.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5
Donate

Postby Night » 10/08/2017 11:31 PM

By the time ten minutes had passed, Nox no longer had any fingernails - which, to be fair, was great for playing guitar but not so awesome on his stress levels. He was prepared to give up and go home when he finally spotted Kadin's black jacket in the crowd. The immediate relief was indescribable, but he figured it most closely paralleled making it to the bottom of a very high roller coaster.

He wasn't sure if he should be disappointed that Kadin hadn't taken the initiative to dress up. While the majority of fair-goers had worn their streetwear, he'd been hoping that maybe Kadin would get a little more in the spirit. Not that he should be particularly surprised. He had been the one to proposition this date. (Not a date, this isn't a date. Just friends hanging out, and he needed to stop thinking it could be a date.) In any case, his brief stint of relief quickly turned to a quiet embarrassment over his outfit. Perhaps he should just run home and change?

But then Kadin may think that he'd changed his mind, and that wouldn't go over well either. Nox mustered what remained of his dignity and approached, waving to try and catch the taller man's attention. Even without calling attention to himself, he wasn't precisely hard to spot; not only was he one of the few people actually dressed in period clothing, but the costume he'd somehow managed to procure was a bright, paisley ensemble. A sword belt cinched tight around his waist, the wooden costume sword replaced by his usual weapon of choice. The ornate golden handle peaking over the top of the sheath clashed horribly with the brown of what some may call a shirt.

If only he'd had Rochelle to advise him to wear something different.

It wasn't until he was almost directly in front of Kadin that he noticed just how torn up the other's clothing was.

"Did you get in a fight on the way over here or something?" That would explain why he was so late, and only served to confirm Nox's worst fears - something bad had happened to him. "Are you okay? Do I need to go punch someone in the face?" Because he would. He totally would punch someone for Kadin. Ignoring that he was barely scraping five and a half foot tall, he had a sword. He could totally take someone. "At least let me buy you something warmer, you're going to freeze showing so much skin out here." Not that he was... ya know... complaining.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Skylark » 10/09/2017 12:00 AM

Kadin almost didn't notice Nox until he was right on top of him. The moment he did see see him he felt a distinct sort of relief that he didn't have to examine too closely because it was quickly followed by barely contained amusement. Then Nox started talking and it was all Kadin could do to not turn around and walk straight home right that fucking instant.

"Fight? What? No! I'm-" This was the moment Kadin looked down upon himself and actually took in the bedraggled state he'd apparently walked around the entire city in. "...Rochelle. Shit." This was entirely her fault. He was going to make only chocolate-based treats for the shop for the next month. He looked like a complete mess and normally that wouldn't matter, he didn't even give a fuck what he looked like, but he was meeting Nox here and this was important. For. Some reason.

Kadin let out a long sigh from the very depths of his soul. "Rochelle didn't like what I was wearing. I don't think you'd be able to take her and win."

He eyed Nox's outfit up and down, mulling over the offer of clothes. A crisp autumn breeze started up right about then, cutting straight through the tears in his clothing and causing Kadin to wonder, once more, how he hadn't noticed how shit he looked until someone had to point it out to him. Ugh.

"No offense, but if all the clothes they have out here look like that? I might be better off taking my chances like this." He offered with a half smile to take the edge off the words, one hand coming up to rub at the back of his neck in obvious embarrassment. Maybe he should just go after all. He was already late, he was a horrible friend, and he looked like he'd fought a cat and lost. No way Nox would want to be seen with him today.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 10/09/2017 12:23 AM

Nox was prepared to argue. While he wasn't entirely confident that he could win in a fight against Rochelle, he was more than willing to try. Chalk it up to the way that feelings made one irrational, perhaps. He didn't get a chance to present his case before his own choice of attire was being insulted. Nox turned an impressive shade of red, crossing his arms over his chest as though it would do anything to hide the paisley monstrosity he'd adorned. "To be fair, I didn't get this here. I had it made." That didn't actually make it any better, though, did it. He could feel his ears burning.

"I'm sure we can find something more fitting to your taste." If Kadin were even willing to be seen near him, since he was probably embarrassing to look at. He rubbed at the back of his neck, teeth catching in his lip ring out of nervous habit. He wasn't quite sure why he cared so much how he looked. It wasn't as though he had a chance, anyway. This conversation had definitely soothed his worry that Kadin was expecting this to be anything more than two friends out on the town, so at least he knew he shouldn't be expecting anything.

He definitely wasn't disappointed. Not in the slightest.

He could tell that Kadin was feeling the chill, and there honestly wasn't much point in arguing over it. "Come on, let's find something for you to wear, and then we can grab some food." He offered a half smile, tempted to offer his hand and thinking better of it. Instead, he turned and proceeded towards the gates, flashing two tickets at the booth as they went by.

The first place they happened across sold clothing easily as bad - or worse - than his own. Nox didn't even bother pointing it out to Kadin, or checking to see if he were even being followed. He wouldn't blame Kadin if he skipped out and just went home. Nox probably deserved as much for getting his hopes up over literally nothing. The next place was markedly better, if not a tad more pricey. Kadin didn't need to know how much things cost, right? It wasn't as though it mattered.

"See anything you like?"
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 10/09/2017 1:38 AM

"You had that made." The judgement was practically dropping from every word. Kadin didn't know why he was being such an asshole, but it was easier than being embarrassed so he was just going with it. He'd probably regret it later. Hell, he regretting it a little now with how uncomfortable Nox looked, even if he did take some sort of weird delight out of how god damn red he was making him.

Kadin raised an eyebrow and shrugged. Truth be told, he'd probably wear just about anything to get him out of the rags that had once been his shirt. He jacket wasn't so bad since it was made of sturdier material, but it wasn't much better. Hopefully the jeans were salvageable. Rochelle's attack had mostly been targeted around his upper body, but she was squirrelly when she wanted to make a point. His eyes caught on Nox's lip ring (since the guy seemed incapable of leaving it alone ever) before skipping down to the ground as he followed after Nox, looking away mostly to hid any traces of a smile that had escaped.

The crowd made it a bit difficult to navigate without several bodies trying to wedge themselves between him and his... friend. It was more than a little frustrating to be around so many people, all trying to walk in a different direction, and every one of them apparently deciding it was a good idea to walk between him and Nox to do so. Eventually, Kadin got so fed up with it that he started follow Nox a lot more closely than he would normally, even going so far as to reach out and place a hand on his shoulder. Now, if anyone tried to cut him off, he could just glare at them and refused to move instead of being forced to awkwardly shuffled around while somehow avoiding losing his short-ass easily-lost-in-crowds friend.

Figures that once he decided to do something about the crowds Nox decided to finally stop moving. Whatever. Kadin didn't move his hand from Nox's shoulder just in case anyone got any funny ideas. He eyed the clothing displayed inside and around the shop for a moment or two before shrugging, "Sure."

Now he finally released his friend so that he could wander his way into the shop. His eyes were immediately assaulted by colorful clothing of all different makes and models. Some even seemed to be themed, if the chain shirts and long flowing robes were any indication. Kadin didn't really see the point in either, however, his eyes more drawn to colorful, decorated vests that, honestly? He wouldn't have been too surprised to see someone wearing under a suit right now in the modern day. Maybe that's why he was more drawn to them. But he wasn't here for fancy clothes.

Kadin ended up in front of some simple white shirts the he could probably wear under his jacket. He grabbed one that looked about the right size and turned to look for Nox, mission accomplished. "This should be fine. All I need is a shirt."
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 10/09/2017 2:05 AM

"Yes. Yes I did." And he wasn't going to say another word about it, either. He was already dangerously close to leaving and going home without taking any more hits to his already deteriorating confidence.

He jumped just a little bit when Kadin placed a hand on his shoulder. He almost thought that it must have been a stranger, actually, but was pleasantly surprised to find that he was wrong. Nox his his smile in the collar of his shirt, trying not to seem too excited by the development. It was likely Kadin just didn't want to lose him in the crowd.

He admired the vests while Kadin looked around, tempted to buy one for himself. They weren't as well made as his own, but they certainly looked nicer, and apparently Kadin liked them well enough to not complain. That had to mean something, right?

Nox moved closer to Kadin, taking note of the variously patterned items along the way. "The shirt looks good, but I think you need something to go with it." He held up one of the vests hanging nearby, then squinted at it. "What about this... blue one?" It was a guess. He had no idea what color it was, but it looked like it could possibly be the right shade of gray to be blue. (It wasn't. It was very, very bright red.) Regardless, it had a nice embroidered pattern, and it looked like it would define the other man's waistline quite well.

"The point of coming here is to dress up. It'll help you fit in, Ardor!" For the first time since arriving, he actually smiled. "It'll be fun!" Plus he might stand out a little less, which would be nice. He wasn't entirely oblivious to the looks that he was receiving from passerby, and they weren't exactly the kind that one normally liked to get in public.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 10/09/2017 4:39 PM

Kadin eyed the vest Nox presented him with. He valiantly managed to keep from outright laughing when Nox called it blue, of all things. Instead, he stared, seriously considering whether or not he should accept more than one article of clothing. Nox had said he wanted to purchase something for him and that didn't exactly sit right with Kadin. He figured if he just got the shirt he could probably afford it on his own, even if Nox did protest. But those vests didn't exactly look cheaply made, especially with the embroidery around the seams.

"We didn't come here for you to buy me an entire outfit, Nox." Kadin protested, silently filing away the latest thing Nox had called him and finally looking away from the clothing to fix Nox with a slight frown. "The shirt should be fine." He then began to look around for somewhere to change into said shirt, but all of the changing stalls (if they could be called stalls when they looked more like hastily constructed alcoves that kept changing people hidden with only heavy curtains) were occupied. With a sigh, Kadin looked down at his shirt and figured that it didn't really matter if he just took it off out here, not with how torn up it was already.

"Here, hold this." Kadin instructed as he took off his jacket and handed it off to Nox. Without thinking about it further, next he stripped off his torn shirt and pulled on the medieval-style linen one. He frowned down at the sleeves that were really too long to be practical and the weird V-neck the shirt had with leather ties that he wasn't going to bother with tying properly for now. Whatever, it'd work for the day. It fit him just fine in the shoulders and wasn't torn up.

"There." He turned to Nox, apparently satisfied with himself, and held out a hand for his jacket back. Never mind that his jacket was still full of tears and that his jeans looked like they'd fought a battle with a rake and barely made it out intact. Clearly replacing just his shirt was enough.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 10/09/2017 5:21 PM

"I really don't mind. I think it'd look good on you." Nox turned the vest around, looking it over once again. While he may not have been precisely correct on the color, it was still pretty. Not that Kadin wasn't handsome without it, but it would certainly enhance his figure. He really couldn't give that as an argument, though, could he? Probably not in his best interest.

Whatever argument he was prepared to make died in his throat, leaving him with his mouth hanging open as Kadin took his shirt off in the middle of the booth. He'd seen the younger man with his shirt off before, of course - at his house, and even in his bed (though not under the most ideal circumstances.) Still, it took him by surprise, and he would be lying if he said he didn't appreciate the view. Kadin was young and fit. Who could blame him?

Nox clutched the jacket close against his chest, eyes pinned to the smooth expanse of Kadin's exposed skin. "What are you...?" Not the most coherent sentence he'd ever made, but a start at least. It was a disappointment when Kadin slid his new shirt on. He'd changed his mind - Kadin didn't need a shirt at all. He could take that back still, right?

It took far longer to restart his thought process than was necessarily polite. When he managed to pull his eyes from the low cut of the garment's neckline and up to Kadin's face, Kadin had already been holding his hand out for his jacket for at least a good ten seconds. Nox refused handing it over, pulling it tighter against his person and holding the vest out instead. "This too. Please?" He did at least have the propriety to seem embarrassed by his own inattention. That didn't mean he wasn't going to give Kadin the puppy-dog eyes over the vest, though.

At this point the other man should just be happy he was managing to keep his gaze above the waist. Kadin's pants weren't exactly in the greatest shape, either.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 10/09/2017 5:56 PM

Kadin waited for Nox to hand back his jacket, but it seemed as if he was frozen in place. Kadin couldn't help but frown, glancing down at his chest as if he'd somehow be able to see whatever it was that was distracting Nox so much. By the time he looked back up, however, Nox was jumping back to life, his eyes suddenly on his face again, and the vest being shoved towards him instead of his jacket. So, Kadin frowned some more.

"....Fine." He finally agreed after frowning from Nox to the vest and back again for a solid few seconds. He grabbed the vest and pulled it on without much ceremony, fingers making fast work of the buttons. Once it was on it felt... tight, but not overly so? He wasn't sure what to make of it. Kadin rarely wore fitted clothing so he wasn't sure if it was supposed to hug him like this or if he needed to grab another size.

He looked up at Nox after frowning (surprise, surprise) down at himself for a bit. "Does this look right?"
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 10/09/2017 6:32 PM

Nox barely prevented himself from doing a small victory dance when Kadin agreed to put the vest on. He watched, ridiculously enraptured, as Kadin slipped the cloth over his shoulders and buttoned it up with deft fingers. (Yet another thought he wasn't going to pursue.) It did well to accentuate the line of Kadin's chest, settling against the curve of his ribcage in a way that shouldn't have been as alluring as it was. The younger man's question was answered with a dreamy, distracted smile.

"It looks great, Diligo. It suits you." Okay, maybe he wasn't playing his cards as close to his chest as he should be. He felt reckless, though, high on the fact that Kadin had chosen his company and those little glimpses of skin that were more than enough to fuel his guilty daydreams. He wasn't sure how to act on the warmth curling tightly in his ribs, somewhere between affection and a light-headed, breathless ache near his shoulder, so he cleared his throat and pointed down towards Kadin's pants.

"You really want to walk around like that? You may end up getting some kind of public indecency charge." He was very pointedly not going to follow his gesture downward with his eyes. He wasn't entirely lost on his wits, and for as reckless as he'd been he knew there were lines that shouldn't be crossed if he wanted to maintain this friendship. He'd take what he could get, even if it was a far cry from what he wanted.

Nox held Kadin's jacket out to him, realizing that he'd held it hostage for far too long and it was likely starting to get weird. The pleasant, almost charcoal smell that he'd come to associate with his friend lingered. He kind of missed Kadin and he was right there. This was getting out of control, honestly.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 10/09/2017 7:12 PM

And there was another nickname. Kadin added it to his mental list of weird things Nox called him but never explained. If he asked, Nox would probably say it was an insult or something, so he didn't bother calling him out on it anymore. Instead, he focused on how Nox was suggesting that he change his pants, too, when, in his opinion, they weren't even that bad!

"She barely got them!" He protested, looking down at the offending article of clothing to study it more closely. He ran his fingers over the most obvious scratches that were below his belt line and managed to make a dent in the less reinforced fabric, cursing quietly when he discovered some of those scratches had left just a few threads of fabric keeping his jeans from looking just as awful as his shirt had. "For fuck's sake, Rochelle." Kadin muttered under his breath when he found the first hole.

He looked up at Nox in resignation, shaking his head at the offered jacket. "Keep it, for now. We might have to end up throwing out all my fucking clothes." He'll just find a nice paper bag to wear from now on. At least that'd be less expensive to replace than his fucking jeans.

Without another word, Kadin turned and headed for the pants section of the store. He browsed various articles of clothing in growing horror as he realized that all this shop seemed to sell were pants that looked like pajamas or... leather. With an even more resigned sigh, he grabbed a pair of the leather pants, figuring they'd be the most resistant to ripping, and made his way over to one of the changing booths as it was finally being vacated. On a whim, he grabbed a cloak as he walked by, figuring that it'd be the closest to a jacket he'd find in this damn place.

A few minutes later, Kadin emerged from the changing booth in his full ensemble. A white linen shirt under a fitted bright red vest over fitted brown leather pants, his shoulders adored with a simple black cape with a soft grey lining. He felt absolutely ridiculous and was fully prepared for any return mocking that was surely about to be directed towards him.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 10/09/2017 7:43 PM

Nox's eyebrows were in danger of disappearing into his hairline. "Not that bad, huh?" His and Kadin's definitions of suitable outerwear were certainly different, but he felt that having your jeans barely scraping by on a few threads may be a line both of them would agree on. It seemed that Kadin had reached the same conclusion. Nox followed him over to the other side of the small booth, looking over the choices with a mixture of amusement and disdain. There weren't many options, and the best of the options meant nothing short of a tortuous day for himself. Kadin was either pointedly trying to torture him or oblivious to his affections, because he chose a tight pair of leather pants that honestly looked painted on to the hanger. They weren't even on his body yet, and Nox wasn't convinced he could handle the real thing.

He wasn't wrong. When Kadin emerged from the changing room - which Nox may have been a little disappointed about - he looked ravishing. Nox allowed himself to give Kadin a single once over, trying to keep it more curious that appraising. The cape was definitely very costume-y, but the rest of it fit tight against his body in a way that Nox had never witnessed. Normally Kadin was so covered up with over-large shirts and ill-fitting pants that he didn't get the opportunity to really see what was beneath it. The pants left little to the imagination. He was going to have to scrub today from his memory permanently to keep their friendship, he was almost certain.

It was only missing one thing. Nox fiddled around with the ring in his pocket, hesitant to offer it as a gesture of anything less than it actually was. What harm would it be if Kadin thought it meant less than it did, though? He slid the ring out, holding it out to Kadin in as nonchalant a manor as he was capable. "Here, this will go well with it I think." No big deal. Kadin likely couldn't even read the inscription, so it was fine.

Nox averted his eyes, his ears a brilliant shade of red as he slid keystones towards the shopkeeper to pay for their shopping extravaganza. That taken care of, he gestured towards the crowd. "Shall we proceed?" Just change the subject and leave no option for questions. That definitely wasn't a method of avoidance.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 10/09/2017 8:41 PM

Kadin waited for his judgement, but none came. Nox didn't even give him a passing 'looks good' or 'you look like shit go change back'. It was... weird? Kadin hadn't expected Nox to suddenly be so quiet, especially since he just changed his freaking clothes. He was also kinda annoyed that the lack of comments was bothering him so much. What did he even care what Nox thought he looked like? A lot, apparently, considering it was bothering him so damn much.

And then he goes and hands him a ring?

Kadin frowned down at it, almost missing that Nox had already paid and was on his way out the door. He hurried to catch him, grabbing his discarded clothing on the way and asking the shopkeeper to hold onto it until he came back for it quickly before hurrying out after Nox.

"Hey, Nox!" Kadin called out, grabbing onto the sleeve of his shirt to stop him from whatever crawled up his ass and made him leave the shop so damn quickly. "Wait- " Kadin had so many questions he didn't even know where to start. Where the fuck had the ring come from? Where did Nox think he was going? What was it about his outfit that made Nox suddenly want to leave the shop as quickly as possible?

Instead of asking any of his questions, he pointed to his vest. "By the way, this is red." He shot a quick, teasing smile at Nox before holding up the ring and raising an eyebrow, "What's this for?"
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 10/09/2017 9:14 PM

Fuck. Nox shuffled around until he was facing Kadin but not looking at him, staring resolutely at the ground. The red that tinged his ears became ever more pronounced, spreading down his neck and across his cheeks. "Red, right. Sorry, I can't tell the difference." He said, sheepish. He didn't often admit it because it simply wasn't relevant, but it certainly impeded a few things. Like picking out clothes, as clearly evidenced by his own garish wares.

He had figured Kadin may want to talk about the ring, but he was hoping he would just leave it. He wasn't getting very lucky today, it seemed. Starry eyes flicked upwards, following the trail of the delicate feather ring as Kadin gestured with it before dropping back down. "It's just something that I made with some materials I had out the house. No big deal. I thought it may look nice with your outfit." Nox ran a hand over his hair, smoothing it down on the top.

"If you don't like it you don't have to wear it, or anything. Just a gift - you can do whatever you want with it." Finally able to pull his eyes up from the dirt path, he offered Kadin a tiny smile to hide the way his heart nearly gave out after having to skim over the tight leather pants he'd purchased. His hands slipped into his pockets, fingers twitching to grab the ring back and just throw it. It was a stupid idea. Particularly the inscription. It wasn't as though he could pass that off as anything more than an intentional inscribing particularly for Kadin. People didn't inscribe something for no reason.

Ætérnus. He was a fucking idiot.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next