A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Not a Very Good Goddess [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:10 AM

Image Image

"Of all the stupid shit," the blond haired man wearing a top hat and pin striped trench coat complained as he walked down the streets of Medicai. He could not really voice the rest of his complaint, though. Since there were things that he was not allowed to say in front of the woman that shuffled along, very slowly, beside him.

But, really, this was completely ridiculous. This was the last place that he wanted to be.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Not a Very Good Goddess [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:12 AM

Here they were, strolling the streets of Medicai, seeking out a certain hospital. Well, specifically, they were heading for an emergency hospital, rather than a private practice or the likes.

And it was because the woman beside him, the former goddess of life was feeling... less than lively. She was sick, so he assumed. Well, she was in pain. Which translated to that. But how very absurd was it? Toxic had been the Goddess of Life, so how could she be sick like this?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:15 AM

As his mind went over these thoughts, Pown failed to notice right away that his companion had completely stopped in her tracks. But, when he finally did, he stopped and turned to look behind him.

The blond haired woman was doubled over, desperately grasping the left side of her lower abdomen, her face somewhat twisted in pain. She was trying her best to push forward, to put on a brave face, but it was growing more difficult with each step that they took.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:17 AM

She stood still for a long moment, before her twisted expression turned into a few pants, and then she sucking in a deep breath and trying to force herself back upright.

Pown only watched as she pressed onward, taking only a single step, before very obviously wincing in pain. He sighed. Given the option, he wouldn't even be here. Not just in this city, but not beside this woman at all. But had no choice in the matter.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:19 AM

For reasons, he was stuck beside the woman. He had to do everything that he could to help and protect her. Even though he hated her, he had to serve her in every way that he could. He had to repent for his sins. So, even though this was the last place he wanted to be, he was here, and Pown stepped back down the sidewalk toward the former goddess.

"Here," he said as he reached his hand out toward her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:22 AM

"Hang on to me," he told her, when she stared for a moment at his outstretched hand. "I'll help you walk, so you don't have to push yourself so hard."

Toxic nodded her head, first reaching out for his hand with one of her own, still holding onto her abdomen with the other. Once she had a solid grasp on his hand, Pown slowly drew the woman in closer to him, and eventually wrapped his one arm around her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:25 AM

She allowed Pown to take such a stance around her, so that she was leaning against him a little. At the very least, she wouldn't have to worry about collapsing to the ground if her legs gave out. And her legs felt so weak beneath her that it seemed like a real possibility, not even taking the pain into consideration.

Besides, Toxic was not all too aware of the man's hate for her, so this seemed perfectly fine and natural.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:28 AM

From the very moment that she opened her eyes, having no memories of herself or her life at all, it was Pown that had always been beside her. That had always been there for her. That had given her the name that she went by. There were still so many questions that had not been answered, and she was certain that he was keeping something from her, but she trusted him anyway. For he gave her no reason not to.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:29 AM

Sure, they bickered sometimes. He could say harsh things and tease her, but she had come to accept that as the norm for their relationship. She treated him the same way, teasing him and riling him up from time to time. They just had that sort of banter, that occasionally made people question if they really got along well or not.

As far as she was concerned, though, they did get along and there was no one else in this world that she was as close to as she was Pown.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2019 2:31 AM

Nor was there anyone else that she could rely on in the same way that she relied on him.

"We're not very far from the hospital now," Pown told her, as he took a step forward, urging the woman to move along with him.

Toxic matched his slow pace, taking her own time and, ultimately, set the pace. It was certainly easier to walk with him holding onto her, but she had to wonder how much longer her legs would last.

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate