A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

[Hunt] Isn't this malpractice? (P)(M:LV)

Postby Kitsumi » 10/31/2020 2:39 AM

Godric perched on the thick marble baluster, so still that one might have imagined he was a stone gargoyle instead of a living creature made of flesh and blood. Red eyes scanned the sidewalk, his keen vision allowing him to see clearly despite the dim lighting and the fact that he was several stories high. This was what he was good at: hunting.

What he wasn't so good at, however, was waiting. And he particularly hated waiting for a recently disgraced doctor who had sworn that he would arrive on time...

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Re: [Hunt] I'm pretty sure this counts as malpractice (P: Je

Postby Jedi » 10/31/2020 2:49 AM

As the creature stalked the city streets, he ignored the many stares of passing civilians. They coughed at the cold air wafting off of him, a side effect of his species. But he didn't have time to squabble with these mortals and their frail lungs. He had work to do and he was already late. Alistair just knew that his new companion would give him a nagging for his tardiness. And regardless of how much the malphas loathed company other than his experiments, the draculi proved useful when gathering subjects.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/31/2020 2:58 AM

"You're late," Godric spoke without turning when the shadow of another creature fell over him. "Your tardiness may make it impossible for me to find time to hunt for my dinner." Finally he moved, glancing over his shoulder to deliver a scathing glare in the malphas' direction. He bared his fangs slightly, a not so subtle threat. "If you wish for this partnership to continue without bloodshed, I would highly suggest you be more careful in the future."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/31/2020 3:05 AM

Alistair didn't respond to the threat. In fact, he'd hardly even noticed it. He went straight to business. "I can't continue my studies at the universities. Apparently, it's considered immoral to work on living and conscious subjects. It matters not. I knew their shallow preconceived notions of humanity would get in my way. That's why I've started working with you. Now, I believe we had a deal about finding subjects for me. In exchange, you can have your meals. I'll use whatever is left in my studies.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/31/2020 3:12 AM

Alistair's dismissal of his attempts to intimidate him was a blow to Godric's pride. He had half a mind to simply leave the malphas on his own. The poor sap would have no idea what to do on his own; he had no hunting skills to speak of.

However, while the draculi was capable of hunting on his own... he found it much more difficult to do so in populated areas such as this. There were too many lights, too many watchful eyes. He needed to lure his prey into the darkness in order to capture them and feed. And that was where Alistair came in.

"I know how this works," he grunted. "Let's just get going. We've already lost valuable time because of you."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/31/2020 3:22 AM

The malphas didn't reply, the glassy texture of his bifocals hiding the glassy dead eyes behind them. He simply perched on his tail and waited for the draculi to take the lead. As they flew on, he watched the commonfolk gathering in a market square. "Look at those pathetic humans, congregating in the street markets. Their sad attempts to find meaning in this existence is dwarfed only by their feeble bodies and short lifespans. If I had my way, I'd at least make sure their eventual deaths contributed to my experiments. But alas, I cannot help their desperate grasping at survival." He wasn't sure if he'd said it aloud or just in his mind, but he didn't care either way.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/31/2020 3:26 AM

The draculi had to bite his tongue when he heard his companion spouting nonsense. Literally, he bit his tongue until he tasted the bitter flavor of his own blood - ironically enough, the only blood that didn't appeal to him. "I've found a place nearby," he spoke in a cold, monotone voice just loud enough for Alistair to hear. "It's isolated, in a part of the city that others don't normally frequent. If you can lure people to the building - offer them your services or whatever it is you plan on doing - I'll take care of the dirty work.

It wasn't the sort of hunting he was used to, but still a hunt nonetheless.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/31/2020 2:22 PM

Alistair wasn't sure how to lure the humans in, but he could probably come up with something. He split off from his companion, starting to drop closer to the ground. The streets in this area were nearly empty, so there wouldn't be any witnesses.

That also made finding a subject a bit harder. But despite this setback, Alistair still managed to find a target. He spotted a young man walking with a limp. The malphas dropped by him, beginning to examine the slight wound on his calf. "This looks bad," he lied. "Young man, please follow me. I can treat your wound briskly." Hopefully, he'd take the bait.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [Hunt] Isn't this malpractice? (P)(M:LV)

Postby Kitsumi » 10/31/2020 2:54 PM

It was a boring, long couple of hours as Godric waited for Alistair to return with a victim. He hadn't considered just how tiresome the waiting would be. Surely the offer of free healthcare - even if offered by a doctor who was no longer legally able to continue his practice - should have drawn in plenty of prey.

At least he was comfortable. The old warehouse - while empty and dusty - blocked out the night's chill. He was positioned in the corner near the doorway… so when the door finally opened, he would be ready to act.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/31/2020 2:55 PM

Alistair guided the young man with the superficial injury into the warehouse. To be honest, the malphas was a little annoyed that the man was playing up his injury like it was mortally wounded. But he still played off of his fear.

The warehouse was cold, but not as cold as outside. And when Alistair closed the door behind them, he let out his power.

Being a malphas, he was able to create ice effects, which he used to freeze the man's good leg, trapping the helpless victim. "Don't worry. It will all be over soon."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/31/2020 2:57 PM

The door opened, briefly illuminating the otherwise dark interior of the building. Godric couldn't fully make out his intended victim's features, but the appearance didn't matter. As long as his blood was clean and plentiful, that's all that the draculi wanted.

He waited until the air turned cold before pouncing. The injured man was busy looking at Alistair in shock, and didn't notice the true hunter poised to strike behind him.

"Thanks for the meal," Godric purred, before pouncing.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/31/2020 2:58 PM

As the malphas watched his partner begin to attack, he let out a warning. "Do not damage the subject," he stated, his voice now colder than it had been moments before. "I still require a whole body for my experiments."

As he watched the draculi feast, he reached out with his mind, feeding on the torment in the victims mind. The pure terror was nearly palpable and had a bittersweet flavor to Alistair. It nearly overwhelmed his senses as he bathed in the psychic waves of death.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/31/2020 3:00 PM

It took less than a second for Godric to tilt the man's head and expose his neck, burying his fangs deep into the soft flesh. The flavor was delectable, surprisingly untainted by any of the various substances that would have made the feeding a less pleasant experience.

Pulling away slightly, he licked a dribble of blood from his lips as he sneered. “I told you, the body will remain completely unharmed. I only care about the blood.” He returned to his feast, making wet, slurping noises as he drained the poor man of his liquid lifesource.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/31/2020 3:06 PM

The color visibly drained from the man as not only did the draculi drain his blood, but the malphas sucked his very spirit from the body. They seemed to be a perfect team when it came to feeding. And luckily for Alistair, the body was completely unharmed, save for the slight wound on one leg and frost damage on the other.

He watched with sick pleasure as the corpse dropped to the floor. "Yes, thank you for your donation," he said to the empty husk of a body.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/31/2020 4:06 PM

As the body began to lose warmth, the vampiric draculi dropped him, allowing the body to fall to the ground with a dull thud. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, he turned to glance at his companion, his eyes glowing lightly.

"That will suffice, for now," he said. "But I will need to feed regularly. We need a better method of drawing in prey if we are going to be doing this long-term. I don't like waiting for hours for a single victim."

[Wild Pet Found]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate