A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: Sedimus' Thanks For Life Celebration[Thanksgiving Event]

Postby Jaykobell » 11/20/2022 12:19 AM

Sergio grabbed his chin pensively, considering the suggestion. "I wonder if he would mind? he wondered. The feast was to enjoy here, wasn't it? Still, both Sergio and Clovis had eaten a lot of the food already - Clovis definitely taking the crown on that front - and despite all the other guests, the food seemed literally endless. How was it so?

Clovis didn't seem to ponder the ethics of the question. "Restaurants do it," he pointed out dryly. "And look at this table. The food is endless. It should be flattering that we want to take more."

Sergio was quickly convinced. "Fair enough. Let's go see if we can't find the host."

Clovis took some bites to go, as the two men headed away to go ask the host for bags or containers.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Adelie » 11/20/2022 12:22 AM

To be fair, she probably would've been here anyways. One did not survive to this age on a shoestring graduate student budget without taking advantage of every single offer of free food that passed her way.

There was something a little different, though, about coming to a holiday banquet to stuff her face alone and coming to a holiday banquet to meet someone. Especially if that someone happened to be a long-time friend she'd met almost five years ago on a niche hobby forum, but that she was only meeting in person now.

It wasn't like she was a stranger to converting online relationships to offline relationships. She'd met each member of her MMORPG crew in person over the years, and she was even in regular contact with one of them who'd turned out to be a student at her university. But those guys were - well, quite frankly, she'd spent so much time yelling at them over bad runs and stupid miscalculations that they had felt a lot closer than most people she knew in person. They'd seen the worst of her, she'd seen the worst of them, and they were perfectly fine with it all.

But now, she was meeting someone that she looked up to, that she respected. She didn't know exactly what kind of impression she was going to leave, but she hoped very much that it would be a good one.
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/20/2022 12:39 AM

"I take it, then, that you are in possession of his kyber crystal, just as you are in possession of Loq's?" Lana asked. Xyshari nodded as she pulled out a pendant that had a turquoise stone bound in it, kept meticulously cleaned.

"My padawan-brother gave it to me," Xyshari said. "I probably should have given it to the council, but... I saw no harm in keeping a reminder of my former master. Of the promise I made that day," she said. "...a promise which, by the way, I have not kept for some years."

"And what would that be?" Lana asked.

"That any Sith that crossed my path would not get the chance to make the same mistake," Xyshari said. "I abandoned that promise when I abandoned my old Order."

"Oh. I see," Lana said.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Wyvern » 11/20/2022 12:40 AM

Adriana carefully walked down between two of the dinner tables, the claws of her hind feet clicking against the tile until she felt her talons brush against something soft. Below her was a bright red rug with golden flairs on the edges. She paused her movement, and stood there quietly as she looked around, glancing briefly at the guests enjoying their food and chatting.

Shaking their body gently, the raptor softly put the flowers they carried into ther jaws, and held them between their teeth with care. Adriana began to strut about down the aisle, keeping their tail close as to not touch or disturb anyone walking close by.

"Huh? Is that..?"

The green lupine who was comfortably sitting not far from the fireplace raised their head towards the sight of a dark-colored reptile with flowers in their mouth.

"H-hey!" Mir raised their paw in the air. "You're a silly one, Adriana. Come, let's have dinner!" She spoke up with excitement at seeing their partner.
Wyvern
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1426
Donate

Postby crow » 11/20/2022 12:56 AM

ImageImage

"He's not a friend," said Callum. As they watched, the woman latched onto Bran's arm, and Bran's smile began to look more and more strained.

"Is he not?" Rory blinked. "Are you not going to help him?"

Callum considered it. No, truthfully he knew that he would have to step in sooner or later. But under the pretense of considering Rory's question, he delayed a few moments longer. He was the one who had called out Bran for not liking him, but the feeling was mutual, and he was sure that Bran knew it well. Case and point: not once did Bran look over to Callum while the woman was accosting him. It was clear that he didn't expect any assistance from that quarter.

Unfortunately, as much fun as it was to watch him squirm, Callum was sure that letting Bran suffer too long would have consequences that were more trouble than they were worth. The people Bran worked for had made it clear that Callum was on thin ice after causing the incident that put nearly a dozen of his classmates in a coma, even though there had only been one permanent casualty in the end.

With a sigh, he said, "I suppose I'd better, shouldn't I? Alright, come on."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/21/2022 1:35 AM

ImageImageImage

As Sophur and Dinner walked out of the building, they heard a fluttering noise, and a small Piyo landed on Sophur's shoulder.

"Man, you would not believe what I found in there," he said, sounding tired.

"Tweety?" asked Sophur, eyes widening.

"Um, yeah. Hey dad," said the teenage Piyo, sounding a bit embarrassed. "Yeah, I kind of snuck into the party just to check things out and ran into a lot of stuff. Can you scold me for it later? Right now I just want to sleep." Even as he spoke, he was nodding off. Sophur reached out to pick up his son, handing him to Dinner who tucked him into her purse.

"Well, I suppose we'll have to talk at home," she said. "But...let's not be too harsh, alright?"

"I wouldn't dream of it."
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/03/2022 7:56 PM

"I hope everyone had fun and ate their fill. While the feast is long over I come bearing gifts for everyone that participated!"

Sedimus motioned to a long table filled with small treasures and invited everyone to take the one listed with their name. He hoped that everyone truly had a good time and that they would return next year. It had been fun to watch everyone enjoying themselves and it filled his heart with both joy and warmth.

Prizes

GrayGriffin
Custom Breedable Token

Adelie
Custom Premium Token

Kitsumi
Basic Custom Token

zapdragon555
Elixir of Fertility and Emission Liquor

Jaykobell

Wyvern

SpringsSong

crow

ToxxicRenegadeAngel

Congratulations everyone! Prizes will be sent out later tonight!

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer