A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Sedimus' Thanks For Life Celebration[Thanksgiving Event]

Postby Kylo » 11/09/2022 1:07 AM

Sedimus' Thanks For Life Celebration

"Hello, and happy thanks for life day. Thank you so much for joining us."

The mansion was decorated in autumn leaves and cornucopia full of fall fruits. It smelled of spices and apples and warm crackling firewood. The entrance was covered in boughs of twisted grape vines. Pumpkins lined the path to the mansion.

Inside the great hall was lit by candles and a large chandelier that bathed everything in a warm glow. A long table with many chairs sat beneath covered in a variety of foods from the harvest. A fireplace at the end of the hall crackled and roared.

Off to the right of the great hall was a ballroom where a small string quartet played ballroom music. The floor was polished to a shine and the lighting was much brighter in there.

To the left of the great hall was the parlor room where guests could relax and lounge on the many plush sofas and chaises.

Guests are welcome to explore the mansion and dine as they see fit.

Rules and Information

+ Everyday from November 10th to November 19th (Evelon Calendar Days) users may post here to earn a ticket for Sedimus' raffle for each day that they post. If you miss a day, sorry you miss the ticket for that day.

+ Posts for one day may be made up to 11:59 PM (23:59) EST. If it is made after that, it counts for the following day, if a potential ticket is to be awarded that day.

+ Posts MUST be roleplayed here and, since this is a minor event, there is a 75 word count minimum for each post. If you don't meet the minimum, sorry, your post wont be counted for that day.

+ Prizes will be rolled after the event and distributed at a later date.

+ See below for potential prizes.

Possible Prizes

Breedable custom token
Premium custom token
Basic custom token
Elixir of Fertility and Emission Liquor

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: Sedimus' Thanks For Life Celebration[Thanksgiving Event]

Postby Adelie » 11/10/2022 2:04 PM

ImageImageImage
A tall and mysterious figure in a blank trenchcoat sweeps - or rather, waddles - into the great hall. At the door, it pauses. The top of its head wobbles a moment before stabilizing itself with a decidedly un-mysterious squeak.

"Which way are we going?" the figure's waist whispers.

"I don't know!" the figure's head squeaks. "I thought there would be more people here already!"

"Hurry up," grumbles the figure's knees. "I'm getting tired. I want to sit down. I thought you said they'd have food here."
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/10/2022 4:53 PM

ImageImage
Lana. Xyshari.

The two women made their way to the great hall, blissfully unaccompanied by anyone else for once - Theron, Arcann, and Senya were all back at their new base of operations, taking care of the various children that they had gathered up in the wake of the Eternal War's end.

"What sort of festivities do you think they have planned this year?" Lana asked.

"Hopefully nothing that will have us dodging giant, flesh-eating... turkeys," Xyshari said flatly. "I still can't believe that half of those stories are true..."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/10/2022 4:55 PM

Ren straightened his tie, and the bow around the pot he carried, and strode up to the gate. The delicate orchid nestled in the crook of his arm was just the right shade of rusty orange to match the crunching leaves underfoot, and the smell of spiced apples lingered in the air, leaving his mouth watering - he never could resist a good autumnal treat. He raised his eyes, and marvelled at the mansion's decorations, wondering how they had gotten all of the cornucopia to remain in place.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Postby Wyvern » 11/10/2022 6:46 PM

A creature with bright red eyes curiously treaded onto the leaf-pelted stone path which was lined with bright orange pumpkins and autumn-colored bushes and flowers. A tail covered with sharp bristles swayed along with every step, lightly blowing away the leaves that gathered beneath their walk. Their crimson claws audibly clicked the ground. The Serraptor raised their visage towards the great vineyard that adorned the front of the mystifying, beautifully decorated mansion.

Though their appearance was rather striking and stood out among the few that had already made their way up to the vineyard, the large reptilian was firmly clutching onto a bundle of flowers of many colors, of their own. They softly held the freshly gathered plants against their plated chest. Sniffing around for a few moments, they could pick up the scent of fruits, wine, and soft vanilla.

The Serraptor's calmness was stirred when they could see an ochre-colored figure quietly pace by. A canine with two large tails eagerly stood a few feet from them, grinning softly, almost seeming as if they were blushing on their cheeks.

"I know, I know... you didn't expect this to be the place for our date, right?" The green Werecain spoke gingerly, while tilted their head, smiling. "The weather is great, and the forests are beautiful." They remarked with a little wink at the Serraptor. "Oh, I think this place is more than perfect, darling." They quickly answered, in great excitement.
Wyvern
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1426
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/10/2022 9:41 PM

ImageImage
Since the Halloween event had been such a success, Sergio had insisted that he and Clovis come visit this one, too. Clovis strongly disagreed with that idea, but even he couldn't deny that Thanksgiving food was good food.

"Did you really not have any casual clothes to wear?" Sergio asked him gently, aware that the other was wearing his religious garb. He was wearing it lightly, but it was still clear that he was a priest.

Clovis sighed and grumbled. "I don't like casual clothes," he groaned for an answer.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/10/2022 10:00 PM

ImageImage

The delicate pluck of banjo strings signaled Someone's arrival, and the faint peeping along of the little flightless bird on their shoulder was a funny sound to be heard in the grand hall. Someone rarely frequented these sorts of places, much preferring to stay closer to more simple and modest places. The decorations were lavish and beautiful, to be certain, though... and Someone knew better than to refuse the generosity of others.

As the pair entered the great hall, Someone's fingers faltered on the strings of their banjo, a soft flush overtaking them beneath the shade of their wide-brimmed hat. They silently bowed their head and shifted their banjo to their back, displacing the poor little bird in the process. Ahh... best not to get in the way of the musicians hired to actually be here.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/10/2022 11:17 PM

Sophur hummed to himself as he prepared another plate of scalloped potatoes. He and Dinner had been invited to this gathering as guests, but he'd volunteered himself to prepare food for the feast as well. After all, it wasn't every day his family got to attend such a lavish dinner at a mansion. It only seemed right that he get to serve up his food there as well-it was something he was proud of, after all.

As he finished the next dish of potatoes, he lifted it with one hand, carrying it into the hall.

"More potatoes!" he called, laying them down on the table.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/11/2022 12:21 AM

ImageImage

"What extravagance," Irensorin clapped his hands together excitedly as he spun around, taking in the decorations and the general grandeur of the mansion. "Myr, I want to live in a home like this one day!"

Myrymsaaria chuckled as she ruffled his hair gently, ignoring his indignant gasp and the way he swatted at her in an attempt to keep her from ruining his carefully styled locks. "Yeah? Well keep dreaming, because we're still a long ways away from this kinda lifestyle." She was also looking around, although for quite the different reason. Mapping exits in case she needed to make a quick getaway, and noting objects that would be easy to snatch without being noticed. "Then again, maybe this is our first step to the good life. Keep an eye out for me, would ya?"

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby crow » 11/11/2022 12:54 AM

ImageImage

After everything that went down in the altered space, the boy at the epicenter of it all stayed in the hospital. The rest of the children were discharged after a few weeks, but they kept Callum there to monitor him. The fact that he refused to speak didn't help -- or at least speak to people who were present, anyway. The only time he talked was to address some figment that normal people couldn't see. Not even the other Contacts could see them, except for Bran and Lyra and Akira. Hazel could tell something was there, but it wasn't quite the same.

So when Callum requested to go somewhere, Bran hadn't been expecting it. The President had acquiesced, saying something about it being good for his convalescence. The psych prattled on about how it was a sign that he was moving forward.

Bran didn't buy it for a second.

They were silent the whole way there, riding in the back of a slick black car courtesy of the President. Bran eyed the building as they pulled up, but it was nondescript enough at first glance. He couldn't sense any Mals... But that didn't mean much, not with the stunts Callum had been responsible for.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby crow » 11/11/2022 4:37 AM

ImageImage

There was already a small crowd of people milling around outside the decorated mansion. It was some kind of celebratory event, though Bran wasn't exactly sure what they were celebrating. Bran got out as soon as the car came to a stop, inadvertently beating the driver to the punch; the neatly dressed man was halfway to his door when Bran opened it himself.

Callum waited until his door was open for him, then shot Bran a pointed glance, arching a single brow. Bran's eyes narrowed, and a corner of Callum's mouth quirked up.

As Callum slid out of the car, it was as if some sort of switch flipped in him. He stretched, then looked around, taking in the scene. "I'm surprised you were the one who came," he said, as if he hadn't just gone nearly two months without speaking a word to anyone. But it wasn't his ghost that he addressed now. He turned, fixing Bran with an appraising look. "You don't like me."

It wasn't a question. A pulse of irritation ran through Bran at his words, but he was practiced at the art of tamping down on it. "No," he said, smiling pleasantly back. "I don't. That's why I volunteered."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/11/2022 10:34 AM

While her husband worked on the potatoes, Dinner was preparing the meat. She'd sliced it thinly, laying it out in concentric circles on the plate. Of course, this meant that it went dry fast, so she was sending it out in as small a portion as she could and still make it look good. Once the plate was nearly done, only then would she start slicing the next part.

"Whew!" she muttered, wiping her forehead. "Alright, I think just this one more plate and then I'll take a break." And go find where her husband had gone, while she was at it.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/11/2022 1:32 PM

"Well, true or not, I'm certainly not going to turn my nose up to a lovely gathering that primarily occurs indoors," Lana said. "After the last time you disappeared into the woods, I'd rather stay close to you - and it's easier to do that when we're in the same building."

"I'm not in that much danger anymore, svetlobi," Xyshari said. "However... given our bond, I can understand why you wish to be closer to me when danger may be near."

"And you should know that I've no problems keeping to my promise of tearing through the galaxy to keep you safe," Lana said sternly.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/11/2022 4:09 PM

Peering around as he entered the building itself, Ren found a small table which didn't seem occupied, and placed his pot down gently. It was a rare breed, flowering annually and wouln't need much care - a good gift for a generous host.

Hands now free, his mouth watered at the delicious smells wafting from the hall, and he made his way into what seemed to be the main gathering area, grinning at the sight of the laden tables.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/11/2022 8:47 PM

As grumpy as Clovis was, Sergio thought he looked a little bit less sour than usual. It was hard to resist the beauty of this fall season: the light breeze that was just right, the leaves turned to multiple shades of colors, and the overall colors and atmosphere of it all was always a delight.

Even now, as they walked down the path, leaves crunching underneath and gliding overhead, it was a beautiful scenic image. "How about we try the food?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Next