A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Surprise, Surprise

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2008 1:55 AM

As terrified as she was before getting this little test done, Wro was even more frightened once it was over. It was confirmed. According to the doctor in charge at the time, her test of pregnancy had come out positive. There was no way to tell how many, at this point, but even with her genetic condition, she was able to get pregnant. Needless to say that she really thought she wouldn't, but tried anyway. When visiting a breeding facility, one didn't have any other choice but to...breed. It had already been mildly discussed between she and Enrray, that she may or may not be able to have children. Looks like the surprise was on both of them now.

The human doctor had left by now, leaving the Kuhna-human all alone. Her partner was still out, doing whatever it was he decided to do while forced to leave the room. There wasn't anything else to do other then wait, since they were supposed to hang around until the kids were born. And, when Enrray returned, he'd find the common scene of the female all huddled up in a nearly fetal position. He'd seen it once before, right before she had explained her situation of being an it, as she often referred to herself. Being genderless obviously wasn't the case.
Now it was much the same, except she was huddled up on a bed, her back against the wall the bed was against, legs up and arms wrapped around them, head in her lap. [Nothing else for her to do, after all.] She hadn't even bothered to put her hair back up or cap back on this whole time.

How could she give birth? What's more, how could she think of raising children? It had always been set into her mind of not particularly being male or female. She knew she was female, really, but... Never did she expect to undergo anything like this, and she didn't think she could take it...

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2844
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/28/2008 2:17 AM

Well if he was going to be forced to leave the area while they did tests on Wro to make sure that everything went well and she actually was going to have kids, he might as well spend his time doing something meaningful. Stopped by his house, picked up some soda and a few extra pairs of clothes, and then headed to a store to pick up a few sets of shirts and pants for her as well. He could remember her size easily, seeing as how it wasn't really all that much smaller then his. Roughly the same. He figured she'd be thankful to have fresh clothes to change in to as well.... and well, it was honestly the least he could do. After all, if she could get pregnate, she'd be having his kid(s). They had honestly bonded a lot since meeting. Oddly enough, his choice of soda to bring back was Mountain Dew.

The door to the room was slowly pushed open as he walked in, carrying the huge bags of bottles of soda and clothes. Instantly his lavender eyes fell upon the young woman huddled up on the bed. What could be wrong...? He didn't drop the bags, but he did quickly set them down so he could move over to the bed, taking a seat next to her and lightly putting a hand on her shoulder. "Wro.... Did... something happen while I was gone..?"

During their time together, he had gotten over looking away while talking. Plus this was something that was extremely important. The last time he had seen her in this position... well that was before they really bonded even. So now it made things all the worse to see her like this.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2008 9:17 AM

Faintly, she could hear the door as it opened, not bothering to look up but assumed who it was that returned. No one else would bother, at this time, other then Enrray, and she was proven correct so easily as she felt him come near, his voice following closely behind. Of course something happened while he was away, it was the time planned to figure out if anything had worked out like it should have. Well, it did.

At first, she nodded, her head still not leaving her lap, but then the nod began to shake the other way, signifying a no. Something happened, but it wasn't really a bad thing, exactly, which was why her way of answering was confused. She was confused on it all as it was. It was good and it was bad, by her standards. He'd probably think well of the news. Only that he'd have to deal with her issues too, something Wro was pretty sure he would do. He'd been so good about listening to her in the time they'd known one another.

"I...I don't want...to have children." She said quietly, the translated meaning that she would be. She wouldn't be able to say 'I don't want to' if she wasn't going to. It took her a moment longer to lift her head, though her eyes stayed staring down at her own lap, still a little ashamed at having to admit this too. "I'm scared. No... I'm terrified." And by her voice and how she'd shake a little, it wasn't hard to tell she seriously was afraid. After a deep breath, looked up at Enrray's face. "What if something goes wrong? What if there's a complication during delivery? They could die. I could die. They could die." She flinched, thinking about it that way. It was scary to already have motherly instincts kicking in. At the mention of the possibility, it was kind of twisted to be ready to die if it meant the kid, or kids, were safe. She certainly wasn't actually ready to die. "None of these doctors have ever dealt with someone who has my condition." She seemed to be the only one who had it. "They wouldn't know why something was wrong, if it did go wrong..." Secondly came the fact that she wasn't even mentally prepared for it. All this time, she denied herself as a functional female. Never thought she'd deal with this, never thought she'd be even slightly close to anyone other then just strictly her family. Giving birth and having children had never been an option. Until now.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/28/2008 4:12 PM

Don't want to have children.... So the tests had come back positive. He was.... going to be a father? Was he ready for something like this? Well it didn't matter now if he was ready or not, and there were far more important things to worry about, such as Wro. He gently pulled her in to a hug, more or less pulling her to hold her in his lap. What more could he do? He couldn't undo the things they had done. Couldn't undo the reason that they had come here in the first place... or rather had been forced to come here.

"I know it's all scary..." he spoke softly, moving one of his hands to caress her cheek, looking in to her eyes. "But.... I promise I'm going to stick by your side til the end. No... Not just until the kids are born, but I'm going to stay at your side. I can't promise that nothing will go wrong, but I can promise I'll be there to do anything possible to make things right.

Enrray then pulled her close to him, holding her against his chest. He wasn't a doctor... but if he had anything to do with this he'd make sure that both she and any children they ended up having you pull through this. It was time to stop being the timid guy that she had met and be the guy that she could lean on for support. He was prepared to stay by her side through the worst of times, ready to even hunt all over the place for a doctor that might know something about a condition like this. It was a far fetched idea, but maybe, maybe he could find a more experienced doctor then the ones around here and make sure that they let him take care of this case.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2008 8:02 PM

There wasn't any fight or fuss at being dragged into Enrray's lap. In fact, Wro was happy to be there. With how this whole situation was set up, he'd become all that she had while she was here. There was no brother, no mother, no aunt, nothing, to mumble any supportive words. Coming from such a large family to be tossed out by yourself was something else she just wasn't used to.
Momentarily, she thought about her family. Her mother had given birth, as did her aunt. They survived, didn't they...? They may not have had her problem, but that was something, wasn't it?

For a brief moment, she closed her eyes, when it came to the gentle touch against her cheek, only to have them flicker open again as he continued to speak. She couldn't help it but to stare at him. Wait, what did he mean by that? Until the end...no...after all this was over? What kind of response did you give to that? She wanted to question him about it, but then she didn't want to. Being torn about which words to use, all she did was simply huddle closer to him, if that was at all possible. Rather it made sense to her or no, she knew she wanted him to be around, didn't want him to leave and never see him again. No. If that happened, it wouldn't be too far fetched that she'd track him back down- making the assumption that she was fit enough to do so before hand.

With her being pressed up against him as she was, she could hear his heartbeat and, more then likely, he could feel hers, beating faster then the normal pace. She was still worked up, but felt a little better just to know she wouldn't be sticking things out on her own. If he was with her, then...it would be okay. She had to believe that.
"What...do you mean...you're going to stay...?" The question was asked, like she was searching for perfect clarification, after she'd retreated back to closing her eyes, just basically having claimed his chest as a pillow. Another question followed, as it came to her mind, as well, "Are you happy, or are you scared too?" About having kids. He wasn't giving birth, but they were equally as much his and they were hers.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/28/2008 8:24 PM

Enrray shifted his weight a bit so that he could lean back against the wall, thus being able to allow her to lean on him a bit more to where they were in between sitting up and laying down. During the moments of silence as she thought things over, he continued to just hold her since she hadn't objected to being within his arms. He figured that one of the best things for her right now was just to have someone there to hold her. Someone there that could say everything would be alright, or at least that they hoped everything would be alright.

Then came her question. Stay... It was hard to figure out how to tell her what he meant. They had met not too long ago, and even though they had spent almost all their time after being stuck in the room together... so how was he supposed to say that he loved her and that he wanted to be with her forever? Sounded like some silly story in which there was always a happy ending. Well... expect that in a story such as that people wouldn't have met in the way they did. But that was the life of being a kuhna with a more human form. In many ways, you were still just a pet.

He just sat there for a moment, trying to figure out what would be the best way to say things. Looking down at the woman within his arms, Enrray let one of his hands gently comb through his hands. "Well... After all this time we've spent together... I think I've found a reason as to why I'd never regret meeting the woman that nearly knocked me out with a bottle of soda." Okay, so it was a weird way to start things, but at least he was working on it. "Being a father is of course, not as scary as giving birth, but... In many ways I don't feel as though I'd be ready to be a father and that scares me... But I look at you, and I know that I don't want to leave you to raise children by yourself. I know I may not be the best dad, but I can always try because I..."

He paused for a moment, as if trying to gather courage or something. "I think I... I've.. fallen in love... with you..." Such slow words, but it was easy to tell that he truly did mean them.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2008 9:58 PM

A smile came to her face with the words he chose to begin his explanation. Right. Did she ever get to apologize for that? Not that she could recall. If there was anything to say about that though, it was that neither of them would ever forget how they met. Starting with flying Mountain Dew, then a jacuzzi-tub in clothes, somehow getting down to what was supposed to be done in a breeding room, and now this part of the adventure. Nothing about their meeting was exactly expected or too typical.
As Enrray went on, she drew her eyes open again, metallic-blue meeting lavender. Without her realizing, her ears slowly began to perk up as he kept talking. It was funny how she unconsciously had an idea of what was coming, but was a little more puzzled when it came to the conscious half. He was scarred too, then. Another thing they held in common. It didn't require any thinking to come to the decision that if he was willing to stick it out, then she would have to do so as well. Neither of them were really ready for the responsibility that was going to be handed to them, both very unprepared for it, but...

Her first reaction was to freeze for a short moment, before her mind kinda started working over drive, along with all else, like her heart beat. Smooth. Make it beat even faster. Love...love... So it could happen to even her. Even someone as messed up as she was- again, her own conclusion over her life- could have someone love her. And...someone to love... That's what all that was. It suddenly made sense.

Sitting up a little more, it looked like she was back to fighting tears that always wanted to betray her, but she was happy. More then happy. A little queasy too- just not the bad kind, thankfully. "I...If it's you...because it's you...I'm willing to do this. If we're together...I believe we can do this..." They could get through with whatever was tossed at them to keep the child, or children, safe. She was even worse then him when it came to recognizing things for what they were, so she'd been blind to the true option until now. "Because I've never felt like this with anyone else...I didn't know what to call it..." Wro made a face at that, almost playfully... "But...I...love you...too. Out of everyone...I'm glad it was you I met here. Because...I wouldn't want it to be anyone else."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/29/2008 3:22 AM

Nope. No apology, but of course it wasn't like he was going to bug her for one now if he didn't bug her for one back when it actually happened. He figured that if she had really, really wanted to, the bottle would have met his face instead of the wall. Thus, he was thankful enough just for that. No harm done after all, except possibly to the room that they had left behind. Like they would bother cleaning up such a sticky mess after they finally got washed off~

Two hearts racing. Such excitement in so few days. This wasn't the first time that he felt his heart pounding in his chest like this, and probably wouldn't be the last. At least his heart was going though, instead of stopping over all of this. By the deities he knew it probably wanted to. From a timid young guy to finally being able to stare her in the eyes and tell her that he loved her... Seemed he'd come quite the way, so he could understand if his heart did want to quit. But instead, it kept going and allowed him to hear her words now.

His eyes widened a tiny bit to hear her reply, but it was certainly one that Enrray welcomed. A soft smile spread across his face, letting his hand stroke across her cheek once again. Finally those words... Love... It was about time he found someone that could accept him as him other then just his sister. And, he was pretty sure it was about time someone other then family accepted her as well. the male kuhna leaned forward, kissing her lightly on the other cheek before leaning back again. "Yeah... I think we'll be able to pull through this together..."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/29/2008 10:03 AM

And that was what made all alright. Not only were they together but, in being together, handled this better than they would have otherwise, without one another. It didn't take a genius to know that, had it been anyone else, Wro probably wouldn't have been able to calm down to the degree that she had now. She could almost return to her normal self, without all the tear-filled emotions, how she was when she shoved him into the tub not long ago. Much more sure of herself. She wasn't bipolar, just had a lot of emotions to deal with. In more extreme cases, extreme was the reaction.
Funny how she tripped over her words so much, when it came to her side of the confession.

She almost purred when he kissed her cheek- it being part of the feline reaction, even though it didn't go fully through. Instead of continuing to sit on him, worried it would be uncomfortable for him at some point, she slid out of Enrray's lap carefully, only to situate herself right up against his side. Closeness, figuratively or not, was not something that she wanted to loose. He'd changed for her, to support her, and she knew it. It was only right that she took this into consideration. She'd changed too. She'd even continue to do so, if it meant getting through this.

Finally, there nuzzled up against the man she'd come to love, she was able to calm things down and quit worrying so much, for now. It was still there, waiting in the shadows, but it wasn't healthy to spend every last second worrying, up until the kids were born. Spotting the bags he'd first brought in with his return in her scanning of the room, she gave Enrray a curious gaze. "What did you do while you were gone?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/10/2009 11:17 PM

Honestly, it wouldn't have bothered him if she had stayed in his lap. He was just as happy in that position as with her at his side. Sure, it would have eventually started to get a bit uncomfortable for him, but so long as she was happy it didn't really matter to him. He was happy though that she didn't completely move away from him. It felt like a good time to just stay close...

His attention to that in his mind was quickly torn away as she spoke once again though. "Oh! Well..." Although Enrray wanted to stay next to her, he got up and moved over to get the bags so he could bring them to the bed and place them on the end. In total there were three of them. One with a lot of Mountain Dew, one with clothes for him, and one with the clothes he had bought her. "I wasn't sure of your exact size, but you seemed pretty close to the same as me? So I got the same size my sister wears." It might have sounded odd how he said close to the same size as him but got his sister's size, but she'd be about the same as him, but in a female size.

His hand ducked down in to the soda bag and pulled out a Mountain Dew, smiling. "Also figured you could use a bit of this." The male Kuhna's hand rocked back and forth a bit, as if tempting her to grab it.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Surprise, Surprise

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/11/2009 12:11 AM

When he got up from his place beside her, Wro leaned over a little to make herself upright and not fall over in his absence. She watched him get the bags and come back, eying them from her spot, as if she was trying to see just what the contents were; the statement that curiosity killed that cat was probably very well true. But Enrray began to tell her, so her eyes flicked up to his face. Oh, so he'd gotten her some change of clothes. That was good. Oddly, she didn't find anything wrong with his statement, since he had told her that he had a sister, and the two of them looked a lot alike.

"Thank you..." A small smile became present on the female's face. "It'll be nice to have other clothes to change into while we're here." It was very considerate of him to pick stuff up for her as well. He was just that kind of guy, wasn't he? The one thing she didn't mention, though, was that in being pregnant, her stomach wouldn't remain the same size this entire time. Maybe she'd just get lucky and she wouldn't get too big, and would still be able to wear the clothing if they were generally sort of loose from the start.

Her smaller smile soon spread wide, eyes on the Mountain Dew. She suddenly leaned forward, both of her hands reaching for it. People would call the action she was making 'grabby hands.'  "Give it, give it, give it! I promise not to throw it at you this time!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/11/2009 11:03 PM

Well, the clothes weren't meant to last her forever. Enrray had figured if she had become pregnant it'd take a while before her belly developed, even if Kuhnas had their kids a lot quicker than humans. Worst case scenario he'd just have to get her more clothes after a while and she could keep these ones for after she managed to slim back down. Most would probably be pretty loose fitting, but not loose enough once she got close to actually having the kids.

A chuckle slipped through his lips as the female Kuhna almost seemed to lunge forward to claim the sweet, syrupy soda within his hands. So adorable~ She almost looked like a little kid with how she was acting. "Really? Alright~ Just remember, you promised no throwing the bottle." He was just teasing her really, as he would have given her the drink anyways.

The bottle of soda transferred from his hands to hers only to grab another from the bag for himself before sitting down next to her. He was quite glad that the mood seemed to have lightened up quite a bit. Mountain Dew... Seemed like it could cure anything.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2009 2:21 AM

Drink now in hand, Wro actually seemed happy. When she decided to put her worrying aside for now, she meant it. She'd already spent too much of her life worrying, she figured. Besides, she really was happy with Enrray here with her. Being locked in a hospital wasn't exactly the greatest thing, but she'd make it through.
With a twist of the top, she was soon taking a swig of her soda. Drinking it this time would have to make up for the one that she had originally wasted. Oh! On that note, "Sorry that I never apologized for throwing my first bottle at you..." Even if it was too late to apologize for doing it, she could still apologize for not apologizing in the first place.

In looking for a change of subject, she was reminded of her large family. They must have known that she was being sent here, right? At least her brother, since it was their plans that had gotten canceled in order to come to the center. Her eyes found the male's face again. "Hey... Do you think, maybe, I should contact my brother or...mother?" After her question, her gaze was suddenly downcast at the bed, thinking. "I'm sure they'll be just as surprised to hear the news as I am. My mother is already a grandmother, but my brother might like to know that his 'little' sister is making him an uncle." She chuckled a little at the thought, and actually imagined him complaining about her being pregnant, just because he would loose his sparring partner for awhile.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/02/2009 3:18 AM

"Don't worry about it." Enrray chuckled out before taking a drink from his own bottle. Honestly, he didn't think anything of it now. It wasn't like he got hurt or anything. He had just gotten a little sticky, and that had been fixed quite quickly with the addition of water. "At least you didn't nail me in the head and knock me out cold." Now one of his lavender eyes closed in a quick wink.

Oh... Right. Family. His sister was probably wondering why it was taking him so long to come back. "Yeah... Want me to go get a phone or anything?" He was pretty sure after she let her family know what was going on he should call his sister as well. She'd kill him if he didn't let her know what was going on. To think... She'd be an aunt. Kinda scary though... but she did seem to be good with kids. Good with anyone really.

(Sorry. Sucks. T-T )
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/03/2009 3:22 PM

A bit of a smile came to her face when Enrray offered to track down a phone. She nodded, but added on the comment, "I am still allowed to get up and move around. I'm not bedridden, by any means, but thanks." It seemed he was willing to do quite a bit for her, and she did appreciate that he cared so much. As if to emphasize this, she leaned over to give him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Are you going to call your sister?" If she was calling up her family, she assumed that he would need to call his in case his sister would be worrying about his not coming back. It must not been too common for everything to take as long as this would. She figured that most Kuhnas were sent home within a decent manner of time after discovering that they were pregnant, though coming back to the hospital for delivery and all. Some could choose to stay but, even then, the males probably weren't forced to do so. They weren't the ones that needed the medical attention, after all, unless it was a case of two males, where the pregnant one had to stay.

[So does mine~]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next