The waters of the Rewhister Ocean have tempted many a traveler, as from the shore they seem docile and inviting. Upon reaching around 100 km from shore though, the sea floor drops greatly and waters are often violent. Sailors fear the horrors that may lurk below. (+2 stat of choice)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Rewhister Ocean

What Lies Beneath, What Lies Within {Self, M:L,V,G?}

Postby Saahs » 09/07/2017 2:11 PM

The waves crashed against the side of the ship, sending it swaying violently from side to side with each deep pulse. Jarf steadied himself on the deck, hands poised out from his sides and metal hind claws digging into the soaked wooden boards that mad up the surface he stood upon. His thick tail lashed from side to side, and he leaned into each heavy tilt of the great ship. All around him, humans and a spare few of other sentient creatures scurried in a wild frenzy to keep the ship in check. He watched as one of the crewman toppled across the deck and flipped unceremoniously over the side, screaming as he fell through the thick rain and into the thrashing depths.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: What Lies Beneath, What Lies Within {Self, M:L,V,G?}

Postby Saahs » 09/07/2017 2:14 PM

But he did nothing to stop the crewman from falling over the side. There was plenty that he could have done-- the man had been within his arm's reach, after all. None of these bastards, however, deserved such a rescue. Not from him. Not from the rollaby they'd captured and tortured for several years of his short lifespan. The depths could have them all for all he cared, even if the price was him falling into what lay beneath the furious waves as well. That was perfectly fine with him. So long as the others fell first.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/07/2017 3:20 PM

But as he watched another crew member fling away into the depths of the sea, the ship lurched suddenly, sending Jarf thudding face-first against the deck, one prosthetic foot still anchored to the floor. His nose cracked against the boards, a thin layer of water splashing away from the impact. Snarling, he pushed himself up, only to be heaved to the other side along with the ship. This time, he landed on his back, rolling and rolling until he slammed against the railing. To which, he quickly latched onto with both metal feet and tail. Shaking the dizziness from his head, Jarf looked around, teeth bared.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/21/2017 2:34 PM

What had been announced as an approaching enemy ship, was now nowhere to be seen. Instead, the sight Jarf beheld was much, much more concerning. Almost terrifying. Rising from the depths all around their ship, was a series of tentacles, rowed with gnashing teeth and writhing tendrils tipped with jagged barbs. Now, the rollaby would have much preferred an enemy ship to this nonsense.

He looked behind himself, to find that, at least there wasn't one immediately behind him. There were just two on each side, a few yards apart. Which in itself was a concern. If they came down on the ship, where would the damn thing split? Right where he was perched. His eyes flicked down to the lashing water below. Could he perhaps cling to some floating debris and avoid the worst of the calamity? Was it worth it?

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/23/2017 2:55 AM

There wasn't much time for him to decide, as with a tremendous groan the two tentacles began their descent onto the ship. Jarf looked up with alarm flashing in his widened eyes, and he unlatched his metal claws from the railing and leaped for the thrashing waters below. He sucked in a breath and closed his eyes, pointing his lower half downwards to make the impact as smooth and quick as possible.

The rollaby dove through the water's surface with a small splash, and immediately the sea began to drag him down into its depths. From the weight of his legs, it was hard to resist the downward pull. But struggle he did, lashing his tail wildly and clawing his way back to break through the surface. He gasped for air, rain pelting into his eyes and salt water lapping into his open mouth. Choking, Jarf sunk back down below the water again.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/23/2017 3:48 AM

Now, his eyes were left open as he sunk further into the ocean. Despite the darkness of the night waters, he could see the outline of the beast attacking the ship. And a part of him, no, a huge part of him, wished that he'd kept his eyes closed.

Clinging to the ship was a colossal abomination between a spider and a squid. Between each tentacle was a pronged leg, and its mandibles were digging into the bottom of the ship. Along the legs and tentacles, accompanying the teeth, were bioluminescent spots lining up their lengths. Its numerous eyes glowed an intense red hue, and Jarf could have sworn it was looking straight at him.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/23/2017 3:51 AM

To put into short words, Jarf decided he wasn't into that real quick.

And to put it into much longer words... The rollaby's eyes widened, and he struggled his way back up to above water, his head popping over the surface. Peering around, he frantically searched for a large enough plank of wood to throw himself on. Something to keep him afloat while he got the ever living hell away from this monstrosity.

The nearest one was well over a few yards away, but he would take it over nothing. Throwing his arms forward, he began the exhausting swim over. Behind him, the ship groaned and snapped to pieces as the beast curled its tentacles around it and stabbed into the vessel with its sharp legs. Odds were... no one else survived this attack.

And Jarf was perfectly fine with that.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/24/2017 3:05 PM

Jarf reached the plank of wood; it was plenty large enough to hold his weight, legs included. It could possibly even hold up another smaller person if he cared enough about such a thing. Which, he didn't. Everyone else that was on that ship, as far as he was concerned, deserved what was happening to them right now. Slavers, kidnappers, the lot of them. He held no sympathy or grief for their plight.

And so the rollaby began to kick his feet, and paddle himself away from the catastrophe ensuing behind him. Was he even going in a direction towards land? Fuck if he knew. It was away from that monster, and that was more than enough of a direction for him. He'd swim across the entire ocean if it meant not having to sneak around all those legs and tentacles.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer