The waters of the Rewhister Ocean have tempted many a traveler, as from the shore they seem docile and inviting. Upon reaching around 100 km from shore though, the sea floor drops greatly and waters are often violent. Sailors fear the horrors that may lurk below. (+2 stat of choice)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Rewhister Ocean

Van Gogh Sun [L]

Postby Night » 10/05/2017 3:53 AM

When he'd bartered passage to the nearest rock, Cain hadn't necessarily imagined that he may be left quite literally upon an outcropping of rock surrounding a poor excuse for an island. He couldn't say that he was shocked, necessarily - the traders that he had paid a handsome amount for his journey did seem to be a dim folk, and it really was his own fault for not clarifying. Still, it did present a rather problematic... well, problem.

He squinted out to the endless sea, hoping that another ship would appear from the waves and sweep him off to the mainlands. Hardly his luck, of course. There wasn't anything in sight save the blasted salt in his eyes. Cain twisted at the buttons on his coat and tried to decide the best course of action. Thus far his best plan consisted of drinking what was left in the flask in his pocket, though it hardly seemed to be a step towards solving anything. Still, it was an ever more appealing prospect, given his predicament.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Re: Van Gogh Sun [L]

Postby Night » 10/05/2017 4:30 AM

The water between his current rock and the slightly larger rock that some would call an island was luckily shallow. Unfortunately, it did call to mind how much he hated having wet socks, but only well after the fact. Cain made sure to add "water-proof boots" to his list of things he would have to acquire if he intended to spend any significant amount of time at sea or near the coast. What the appeal of a life on the ocean was, he couldn't say. So far all he had seen of it was a lack of anything to look at and a series of increasingly dense individuals that left you stranded in inconvenient places.

Honestly, the island wasn't much better than the rock had been. The only upgrade appeared to be that there were some depressed looking palm trees to offer some semblance of shade, and it was large enough that he could at least lay in the sand and feel bad for himself while he drank. He pulled his flask from his pocket and collapsed gracefully into a heap on the ground, then added how much he hated sand in his breeches to his list of things to pity himself over. It was a long list.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Night » 10/05/2017 4:41 AM

The flask was three-quarters full, which was nice at least. He took a deep swig of the acrid brown liquor that the traders had insisted was rum, but which he was actually pretty sure was the worst kind of poison. Cain grimaced, then promptly took two more. If it were poison, would it really be so bad? Death couldn't be any worse than being stranded, honestly.

Perhaps he was being a tad melodramatic, but there was no one here to stop him from being blatantly embarrassing. No one to see him and thus not even a reason to be embarrassed. A free pass, if you will.

"Hullo? Is that someone over there?" The bushes nearby were awfully loud, in his opinion. Particularly when considering that most bushes didn't know how to make any noise at all, let alone intelligible human speech. Curious.

The leaves rustled and parted, revealing a young and rather tanned woman behind them - which, admittedly made more sense.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 10/05/2017 5:01 AM

The woman seemed to light up from the inside when her eyes lit on his prone form. "It is! I knew I heard someone splashing around over here!" She settled a hand on her sword belt - hey, a weapon, something he should have noticed well before now -  and approached him asking a seemingly endless array of questions. He managed to catch some of them, though the supposed rum was much stronger than he had expected. It made it a little difficult to follow her fast-paced interrogation. "Where's your ship? You couldn't'a swam all the way out here, so how'd you get here? Did someone dump you off?" She pause momentarily, though whether it was in consideration or simply to draw breath he wasn't sure. "You're not a criminal, are you? Some dangerous lunatic?"

Cain blinked up at her, still working to process the first question. And the fact that there was another person here on an island in the middle of the ocean. "I could ask you the same thing, lass." He answered finally, choking back another mouthful of foul liquid to emphasize his proposed carelessness. He could play this to his advantage, if he spun it correctly. "I bought passage here." She didn't seem impressed with his answer.

"Oh my god your a fucking drunkie. Is that why your crew left you?"
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate