The waters of the Rewhister Ocean have tempted many a traveler, as from the shore they seem docile and inviting. Upon reaching around 100 km from shore though, the sea floor drops greatly and waters are often violent. Sailors fear the horrors that may lurk below. (+2 stat of choice)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Rewhister Ocean

[C41] [H42] [S28] [H18]

Postby Jaykobell » 08/11/2019 5:29 PM

"What are you talking about?" Clovis snapped back for an answer, anger and indignation rising in his throat. "You're the one who insulted that guy! Why are you mad at—"

"I'm not talking about that shithead," Hark hissed. "I'm talking about..." He gritted his teeth again; both from the pulsing pain in his head, and the recollection of that conversation that had happened just prior. "I'm talking about that... that stupid furball!"

Clovis's face shifted from anger to confusion.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

[C42] [H43] [S28] [H18]

Postby Jaykobell » 08/11/2019 5:34 PM

"Furball?" Clovis echoed, and as he repeated the word, the answer came to him. "You mean Heulog?"

"Yes!" Hark snapped, even more aggravated at the fact Clovis had needed this much time to catch on. "Yes, I mean Heulog!" It was embarrassing enough that that Fenling had showed him up earlier, but for Clovis to not realize why Hark was upset over it?

But Clovis failed to connect the dots, and his confusion remained. "What about Heulog?" he asked, a big of impatience slipping through.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[C43] [H44] [S28] [H18]

Postby Jaykobell » 08/11/2019 6:45 PM

Clovis's inability to understand the situation only made Hark angrier. "Nothing," he said in the end. "Forget it." He paused, and although he wasn't in the mood to talk about it, the anger kept him going. "You told me from the beginning that you couldn't care less about a useless bottle, didn't you?"

It took Clovis a bit of time to put all the pieces together. but it all came together eventually. "That's..." So what had just happened with the boat owner truly was unrelated.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[C44] [H45] [S28] [H18]

Postby Jaykobell » 08/11/2019 6:52 PM

Hark didn't give Clovis a chance to answer. "Bad enough that snotty furball put my mouth away," he said quietly, "but she stood there slandering me," he added before gritting his teeth, "and you just sat there and agreed with her!"

Clovis couldn't deny that he was taken aback by Hark's behavior. Typically, Clovis was the one flying off into a blind rage while Hark remained calm and in control, never taking the situation all that seriously. To have the roles switched around was uncomfortable, to say the least.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[C45] [H45] [S28] [H18]

Postby Jaykobell » 08/11/2019 7:01 PM

Still, this was strange, coming from Hark. Clovis was aware that the deity absolutely hated being referred to as a "bottle". So was how Clovis used to call Hark at the very beginning, and it hadn't taken long for Hark to lose his patience over it. Regardless of his ability to absorb and hold the powers of other Gods, Hark did much more than being a sitting duck, or simply a "bottle".

"I never agreed with what she said," Clovis mumbled for an answer.

[Hunt Complete]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous