The waters of the Rewhister Ocean have tempted many a traveler, as from the shore they seem docile and inviting. Upon reaching around 100 km from shore though, the sea floor drops greatly and waters are often violent. Sailors fear the horrors that may lurk below. (+2 stat of choice)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Rewhister Ocean

Re: We're Monster Hunters Now [Event, solo]

Postby Kyrit » 08/16/2019 7:37 PM

"You flatter me too much, captain."

He knew her flattery was an extension of how nervous she was, but he also knew she did believe in his navigating. If it helped calm her nerves though he was willing to listen to whatever nonsense she wanted to spout out. Even still, he knew that if they were going to go join in on this crazy monster hunt they needed to get underway before they were too far behind the other ship.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/16/2019 7:42 PM

"If you are certain though, I have faith in your opinion," he continued on as he scooped the map back in his hand and tucked it in to one of the pockets of his jacket. "Everything should be on board by now, so I'll give the orders to pull up the anchor and get us going."

Across the table Kyrit smiled and gave a nod. "Thanks, Pablo. It means a lot to me that you trust my decisions, even with how terrible they sometimes are."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/16/2019 7:46 PM

"Thank me after we've gotten out of this alive," he called back with a wave of his hand as he turned around and headed out for the deck. As the door began to swing shut, Kyrit could hear him beginning to call out the orders to lift the anchor. Her fingers laced together, hands clamping together tightly as they came to rest on the table.

After we've gotten out of this alive...

They were foreboding words, but they were words she'd keep at heart. Her crew members were her family. She would keep them safe.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/16/2019 7:52 PM

A few minutes went by and eventually the ship began to lurch forward, a familiar and comforting feeling. Very few things were as calming to her as the gentle rocking of the ship as it set off for new seas. Kyrit remained in her cabin for a while longer, allowing the sway of the ocean begin to calm her nerves. Once she had regained enough composure, with one final deep breath, she forced herself from her chair and began for the door.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/16/2019 7:58 PM

As the door burst open, she quickly began barking out orders to the rest of the crew. "I want eyes in the sky and hands at the ready for cannons! It may be a while yet until we see any signs of trouble, but we're going to be ready for it before it can creep up on us!"

Across the deck voices called out with "Aye aye, Captain!" as people began to run about and settle in to their various posts. Now was the time to hunt monsters.

[Hunt Complete]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous