The waters of the Rewhister Ocean have tempted many a traveler, as from the shore they seem docile and inviting. Upon reaching around 100 km from shore though, the sea floor drops greatly and waters are often violent. Sailors fear the horrors that may lurk below. (+2 stat of choice)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Rewhister Ocean

Re: Sakana in the Ocean [Hunt] [Self]

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 3:14 AM

Sakana didn't want to give up on finding the seaweed, but she had more important things to attend to. She needed to hunt if she wanted to live here permanently. Of course, if she was able to breathe under water all the time then she would have plenty of time to find the seaweed.

Sakana was feeling more confident in the potion's ability. She began to dive deeper to where the light barely touched. Sakana didn't mind the darkness. Her eyes allowed her to still see relatively well in darkness. Still, she wasn't far out enough for the water to be too deep. It wasn't long before she had reached the ocean floor.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 3:18 AM

On the ocean floor there were different colored stones. Sakana loved shiny stones, but she didn't dare risk taking the time to take each one she liked up to the boat. She wasn't even sure if the fisherman was still there and she didn't want to risk running into his hook. Sakana did take the time to pick a few up. One in particular, a beautiful bright blue, caught her eye. It reminded her of the ocean itself. It had waves of lighter blue going across it like the waves of the ocean. She desperately wanted to take it, but she knew it would not be as beautiful when it had dried out in the air.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 4:02 AM

Sakana began hunting. She didn't really have much of a plan. She assumed she would be able to overtake a creature by herself. She was certainly strong enough and she had the speed. She spent a while searching, but only spotted colorful small fish. They were beautiful little things, but they looked happy here. Besides, Sakana knew the contract required more than a few small colorful fish. They were looking for something rare. They wanted something that no one else had. Perhaps something that had been seen, but never caught.

If it's something that has never been caught before how do you expect to catch it?

The thought disheartened Sakana, but it wasn't her first hunt. She could do this.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 4:07 AM

As it got to be later Sakana decided she would feel more comfortable up a little closer to the shore. She didn't want to go too far up, but she had already searched as deep as she dared go. If she had searched any deeper it would be in a drop off Sakana could not hope to see in. Her original plan was to go down into the drop off, but after swimming by the edge she had decided against it. Sakana had good sight even in the dark, but the drop off just looked like nothingness to her. Even looking down into the depths was enough to make her uneasy. Something about it just didn't feel right.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 4:13 AM

A bright light shown in the midst of the ocean. Sakana was surprised to realize it was the plain yellow seaweed she had seen earlier. Now, it glowed a beautiful orange. It was the seaweed that Nala had asked for.

My first night out and I've already completed one task!

Sakana happily began gathering some of the seaweed. She carefully picked some that had the brightest shine. She didn't dare take too much of it though. Nala had told her that it was rare and she didn't dare ruin what little there was. It was important to leave some for others and leave some to grow.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 4:17 AM

Something within the seaweed moved. Sakana could tell by the movement it was something bigger than the colorful little fish she had seen earlier.

This is it. Time to make a catch.

Sakana dropped the seaweed she was holding and prepared to catch something. She would have to go back for seaweed after she dealt with whatever was lurking inside.

The movement within stilled and Sakana knew it was her chance.

Here goes nothing.

Sakana dove into the seaweed slamming into something solid. The impact caused Sakana to begin flipping in the water, but she held on tight. She would not let whatever it was get away.

[Wild Pet Found]
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 01/24/2021 5:34 AM

A loud sound drifted to Sakana from all around her. It was odd that although sound was usually muffled underwater this song came to her loud and clear. It's tempo was fast and it was comparable to any scene in a horror movie just as things were getting scary. Sakana fought the water with her back legs, still clutching the creature in her arms.

Once reaching the surface, the sound became strangled and blurred. She was above water, but the melody sounded like it should have underneath the surface. Sakana looked down at the seahorse like creature and smiled.

"Hello there, little one," she said.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 01/24/2021 5:40 AM

Luckily for Sakana, the fisherman had returned.

"What do you got there?" he asked her.

"I don't know, could you tell me?" she asked.

"It will be dead soon if you keep holding it up like that! Are you crazy? Here. Put it here!" he pointed to a large tank inside the boat.

Sakana carefully dropped the creature inside. The moment she did she was met with a sad melody.

"A Trumpetter!" exclaimed the fisherman, "and a rare one at that!"

"It's so sad," said Sakana.

"I imagine so," said the fisherman. "This tank is hardly meant for a Trumpetter."

"Am I wrong?" asked Sakana. "I feel terrible for the creature."

"That depends on what you do with it," said the fisherman. "I suggest you do take better care of it. It needs coral. Go fetch some."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 01/24/2021 5:43 AM

Sakana did as the fisherman said and brought up coral to add to the tank.

"There ya' are little one," said the fisherman. He whistled a bright tune to the Trumpetter and it whistled right back at him.

"It's beautiful," said Sakana.

"Yes, she is," he replied. "What will you name her?"

"Name her? I don't want to get attached," Sakana said.

"Oh dear, attachments help you better care for them," said the fisherman. "The more you care the easier it will be to let her go when the time is right."

"Coral," the name just popped into Sakana's head and stuck.

"A fine name for a beautiful trumpetter!" the fisherman said.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 01/24/2021 5:47 AM

Sakana had found a creature, but she had lost the seaweed she needed in the process.

"I have something small to get and it's morning now. I'm afraid I won't be able to find it until night," Sakana said.

"You're paying me," said the fisherman. "Besides, I would love to watch after Coral for you. She's a beautiful creature and rare too. I think I would like to teach her a few tunes."

Sakana wondered if the fisherman would run off with Coral.

"You have me for two days yet," said the fisherman. "You might as well keep hunting."

Sakana nodded at him, but said nothing.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 01/24/2021 5:50 AM

It would be a risk to leave Coral with the fisherman, but it was one Sakana was going to have to take. Nala had been kind enough to provide Sakana with the potions free of charge, but Sakana wanted desperately to pay her back. Besides, if she wanted to take hunting seriously she might as well give it another go. More creatures meant more of a chance at getting what she truly desired.

Sakana sipped a potion slowly, readying herself to be back under the water.

"You know," said the fisherman, "I have heard rumors of a sea witch who can grant you exactly what your looking for."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 01/24/2021 5:56 AM

"Really?" Sakana said excitedly.

"I have really," said the fisherman. "I also hear she looks for certain shiny items."

The fisherman reached into his pocket and pulled out a large pearl.

"It's not uncommon under the water to find pearls, but the color on this one is unique. It's not unique among fake pearls, but this one is real. I got it from a lad who had a fascination with downed ships and the treasure within. This was my pay for taking him. It is illegal to steal from downed ships, but I was desperate and he paid very well."

Sakana didn't care much for the fisherman's story, but only because she desperately wanted to hear more about the sea witch.

"I could give the sea witch that pearl and-"

"No," said the fisherman. "This is my pearl."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 01/24/2021 5:59 AM

"So, I would need to  find a blue pearl?" asked Sakana.

"No need really," said the fisherman. "I dare not take you to see the sea witch. I doubt you would make it out alive. I am, however, more experienced in these things. I will go and get you what you want. I do have a request though. Coral stays here with me."

"On this boat?" Sakana asked.

"No, no!" said the fisherman. "That would be extremely cruel. Trumpetters form strong bonds easily, but only to one person. If I teach her enough tunes she may just choose to stay with me on my voyages. They do always find the best fishing spots."

"What if when you release her she swims away?" asked Sakana.

"What do you care? Your end of the deal will still be upheld so I will hold up my end." said the Fisherman.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 01/24/2021 6:03 AM

They shook on the deal and Sakana was back in the water. She was back where she belonged. It is possible that this could soon be her forever.

The fisherman was kind enough to lend her a net. He had become an even friendlier fisherman from the moment Coral was brought onto the boat. He seemed happier now. Sakana felt that leaving Coral with him would be the right choice regardless of whether he could make good on his end of the deal. She hadn't told him that though. She wanted him to try his hardest to get her what she wanted. If she had told him that he would be getting what he wanted regardless, he may not have tried at all.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 01/24/2021 6:06 AM

Sakana wasn't sure what to do with the net. She had never fished before. She swam around dragging it behind her, but it caught nothing. It was then that she had an idea. There were many under water caves and dens. If she could find one small enough she could trap a creature within it. It would take another idea to get the creature out, but she figured the fisherman could help her with that. So, she set off in search for an underwater cave or den.

When she did find one, she realized the huge flaw in her plan. Caves were huge. There was no stringing up the rope over the entrance of a cave.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext