The waters of the Rewhister Ocean have tempted many a traveler, as from the shore they seem docile and inviting. Upon reaching around 100 km from shore though, the sea floor drops greatly and waters are often violent. Sailors fear the horrors that may lurk below. (+2 stat of choice)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Rewhister Ocean

Wrecked (Self) [HUNT]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/10/2021 5:19 PM

Kai swab boldly down the barrel of the cannon, laughing as he was chased by a very angry gorgeel; luckily for him, the barrel was too narrow for the Gorgeel to follow, though it angrily gnashed its teeth by the entrance.

He stuck his tongue out at it, watching it thrash about as one beady eye hovered at the end of the barrel, and swam further into the darkness at the end of the cannon where he knew there was a small hole he could swim through to escape.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Re: Wrecked (Self) [HUNT]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/10/2021 5:28 PM

He sped deeper into the wreck, down through a large hole by where the mast used to stand and between the collapsed beams inside the sunken ship. His bright eyes were the only sources of light in the darkness, but he was not afraid, poking his curious self around in all sorts of tight places. He spied an old fallen compass down at the bottom of the ship, the glass smashed, and swam up to it so see whether it still moved.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/10/2021 5:47 PM

A movement in the darkness alerted him, and he hid just in time to see the tentacles of a Kalamarei reach for where he had just been. He blew a rasperry and zoomed up to the front of the ship, where the captain's cabin lay in a jumble of broken wood and old, rotting belongings.

Something shone in the light cast by his luminous eyes, and he swam closer, careful to be alert for anything that could be lurking in the shadows around him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/10/2021 8:30 PM

An old coin, almost as big as he was, rested on the floor of a cabin. Kai swam closer, and nudged the silt around it, exposing a handful more and what appeared to be a necklace of pearls. He supposed that such things were important to surface dwellers, but he had no use for shiny things except as an amusement. He swam around looking for anything interesting, poking at one or two items, but was disappointed when what was one a soft bed began to disintegrate into loose fibres in front of him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/10/2021 8:32 PM

Kai neither knew nor cared who the ship had once belonged to; all he cared for was adventure and mischief. He swam out on deck, keeping a watchful eye out for the Gorgeel which had chased him earlier, and looped around the wooden spike which stuck out from the front of the ship, an old carving still attached by what he knew to be carved wrists and tail, but barely recogniseable beneath the algae and barnacles which had made their home on it for goodness knew how long.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/10/2021 8:40 PM

He glanced down into the gloom below, the wood disappearing into the depths and the silt below. All around were similar wrecks, and Kai had zoomed through each of them, dancing around trouble as it threatened to fall on him - sometimes literally. Only that morning he had narrowly escaped being trapped by an old lantern which had toppled off of a precariously angled table and trapped him like a goldfish, until he had managed to make it tilt over and release him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/10/2021 8:52 PM

Kai let out a high-pitched chirp, and heard it echoing out into the gloom. Dark shadows danced out between the wrecks, and he almost thought he could see a Whallos' tail break out through the gloom, but he couldn't be sure at this distance.

He was bored now, and hungry, and he went off in search of something to eat. The side of the ship was encrusted in barnacles and limpets, and he swam along, picking off those that moved and the occasional shrimp - a rare prize, he thought to himself.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2021 5:32 AM

Something flashed in the gloom below the ship, and Kai darted into a porthole, poking his head out so he could look down. It appeared to be a massive Gorgeel, bigger than any he had seen before, and longer than the mast which was currently resting flat on the deck above him. He tucked himself deeper into the porthole, and shuddered - few things were able to make him unsure of himself, but he could feel it in his bones that he did not want to be spotted by that thing.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2021 5:35 AM

He turned around, and was spooked by a pair of luminous eyes staring in his direction from a few feet away. They appeared to be looking out through a hole in a broken barrel, and he swam forward slightly, excited to meet one of his own species in this decrepit ruin of what was once a proud ship.

"Hello!" he called out, but the eyes simply blinked at him, as if the owner were unsure whether he was dangerous.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2021 5:38 AM

"I didn't realise anyone was living here!" he called out cheerfully, undaunted by the lack of response. He knew few of his species were as outgoing as he was, and he was pretty sure whoever it was that was hiding in the barrel hadn't been spoken to in a long time, so they were probably out of practice.

He glanced up, and spotted another pair of luminous eyes watching him from above a cabinet whose door was long gone, rusted hinge still hanging at an angle.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2021 5:40 AM

Kai began to feel uneasy, with the way the eyes watched him. They looked almost exactly like his own eyes, but there was something off about the way they watched him, and he began backing towards the porthole he had swam in through, noticing other pinpricks of light now peering at him through the gloom inside the cabin.

"Sorry to disturb you - I'll see myself out!" he chirped, as he heard something large begin to slither towards him from behind the barrel.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2021 5:42 AM

He didn't wait for a response before he turned and swam out of the porthole and straight up the side of the ship, not slowing down until he was safe inside the barrel of a cannon on the deck. He shuddered at the thought of whatever it was that had been in the cabin, surprised at his own terror - it was rare for him to actually feel scared, never mind the absolute fear and feeling of danger that had filled him in that cabin.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2021 5:44 AM

He nibbled on a bit of moss as he thought to himself about his next course of action. Now that he knew there was a gargantuan Gorgeel swimming about at the base of the wrecks, he knew he had to avoid going down that low, and he didn't want to consider going back inside this particular wreck unless whatever it was that was living in the cabin decided to vacate it very quickly. His options were limited, unless he swam over to a different wreck.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2021 5:46 AM

Swimming out over open waters was risky on a good day, and in the gloom Kai was able to see even less. He squinted his eyes, to minimise what light he cast and hopefully avoid being spotted, and lined himself up with the barrel of a cannon before he sped out over the side of the ship.

Immediately, a roar sounded from below him, and Kai's eyes opened wide as he pushed his little fins as fast as they could move.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2021 5:48 AM

He was buffeted suddenly by a tremendous ripple in the water which rose from below him and threw him off course, tumbling through the water. As he steadied himself, he looked down to see the Gorgeel flashing through different colours as it clashed with what looked like an enormous lizard whose head and shoulders were exposed through a hole in the side of the ship.

The titan creatures clashed again, and the next ripple brought with it a smell of fresh blood which served only to heighten Kai's fears.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next