It's a bit of a stretch to call the Yuunu Sea open waters, as most of it is covered in a thick layer of ice. Most life in the Yuunu Sea is made possible by this layer of ice though, which acts as insulation, leaving the waters slightly warmer down below. (+2 Offense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Yuunu Sea

Breaking in the Steed {Self,M:L,V,G,B?}

Postby Saahs » 07/01/2017 5:19 PM

((Takes place four years in the past from now. This Sabelya is the human vessel for Churchbell, before being possessed. Any other roleplays with this pet going by the name Sabelya will be Churchbell (possessing the real Sabelya) in disguise.))

Careful footsteps brought Sabelya across the ice's surface, her eyes trailing across the frozen water in search of the overwhelming source of energy that had drawn her there in the first place. The power had a smell, too, indescribable while every form of pleasant that something could smell like, yet like absolutely nothing at all. It felt like heavy static, that pulled anything near closer towards itself.

And she wanted it.

Finally, she spotted a spot beneath the ice that was darker than anywhere else; it was small, no bigger than the palm of her hand. Perhaps it was another pendant like the one she had found a couple years back. Oh, what wonders could be held within? She had to know, she had to find out! It had to be hers!
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: Breaking in the Steed {Self,M:L,V,G?}

Postby Saahs » 07/01/2017 5:26 PM

She knelt down, head bowed as she gathered a small pillar of burgundy fire in her right palm. The flames gathered, and concentrated into a small blade ever shifting, jutting out of Sabelya's hand. But despite such, it did not harm her, nor even so much as singe her clothing. She turned it this way and that, looking it over with awe towards herself, before she peered back down at the black energy trapped under the ice.

Bringing her hand back, she sucked in a sharp breath of cold air, and plunged the fire blade into the ice. It ate its way through the ice, melting out a circle. Retracting the fire blade, she dove her other hand into the cool water, ignoring the biting chill, and curled her fingers around her prize.

It felt worse than she'd expected.

The static became an agonising sensation, scratching and leaving rough little cuts on her clothes and flesh. Never the less, she pulled the object out of the water. By then, it felt like insects were biting their way through the inside of her hand, running ever so slowly up her arm's length. Her small yelp of pain was bit short, her teeth clenched hard against the pain.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/01/2017 5:33 PM

Sabelya looked down to what she'd won, grit teeth bared in something between a grimace and a smirk. Whatever it may be... it was hers, now. But the look of victory in her eyes was quickly murdered, and confusion took its place, accompanied by slowly budding terror.

Curled up in her palm... was space. A small chunk of what lay beyond the skies of Evelon-- stars, nebulas, darkness that made black seem vibrant. Except, up so close, she could see for herself what those little stars truly were. Eyes. Mouths. All staring and grinning up at her like a relative you hate that has waited for your arrival and subsequent torment. Hello, darling human.

The words were not that of any language Sabelya knew, none of the words were any she had the right vocal chords or mouth shape to pronounce. And yet, she understood them perfectly, reverberating in the air around her and all throughout her body, her very mind and soul.

I was hoping you would follow me here.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/01/2017 5:41 PM

"Tell me what you are!" Sabelya demanded, her growing fear well stifled by a blanket of anger and indignation. How dare this creature claim to have lured her, she came of her own volition! Her fingers threaten to curl tightly into the thing, but she only managed to clench so hard before her fingers began to feel like they were the ones being crushed.

The small being in her grasp chuckled as she failed to bite back another cry of pain. Such pride. I could watch you howl your head off in denial for eternity. It continued to laugh, the sound both a charming hum as well as a rumble from the most fearsome of Paragons. But I will indulge you, proud, lovely human. I am Nothing.

The creature's answer only prevailed in making Sabelya feel more lost. And that only made her more infuriated. "You dare play games with me! I will feast on your very essence for your insolence." Burgundy flames licked out of the corners of her mouth, and a slew of Chaotic words rolled from her tongue.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/01/2017 5:52 PM

In an instant, the small mass of outer space burst in an eruption of red and violet fire. But even as it burned, the only response Sabelya was graced with was an enthused, Oooh! I do like the colours of your magic, human! If only you could see them all for yourself. Its numerous star like eyes twinkled, as if it was the winter holiday.

And the flames?

They shrunk, smaller and smaller, being absorbed by the creature until there was no more fire to consume. There wasn't even smoke left in the flames' memory. A snarl tumbled out of Sabelya as her curse was devoured. "Enough. You will belong to me, speck!"

The space creature rolled easily out of her grasp, however-- as if her fingers weren't even clutching it tightly-- and remained suspended in the air. If you are so insistent on wasting your time, I will humour you further, it announced, the words soft as well as close thunder. And then its form started to expand. Limbs sprouted from both sides, eight in total: six arms, and a pair of legs. The middle shaped itself into a torso, and a head emerged from between the top shoulders. It almost looked human. But still it was made entirely out of eyes, mouths, and nothingness. Where a face should have been, materialised a white mask reminiscent of a mouthless rabbit, with six red pupil-less eyes floating in place, and a white eye turned longways in the centre of the forehead.

Extending a hand as if asking for Sabelya's own, it chimed lightly as well as roared, Shall we dance, human?

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/01/2017 5:59 PM

Sabelya drew the sickle blades that hung from her belt, the chains giving solemn jingles at her sides. "It will be a fine waltz," she responded coldly, clashing her sickles together. Under her breath, she spat out a slew of magical curses as the metal clanged loudly. A beam of burgundy flames speared out, piercing through the void being's middle left shoulder.

Smoke of endless colours melded with black, rising out of the wound on the creature. A shriek of delight escaped it even as it stumbled back from the blow. Beautiful! Absolutely stunning! Seemed as if nothing failed to leave this beast overfilled with joy an enthusiasm.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/01/2017 6:04 PM

But once again, the flames were eaten away, leaving not a trace of themselves behind save for a circle of sheer black in the creature's shoulder where it was struck. Even so, Sabelya could see specks of white popping back out and streams of colour flowing in to replace what had been lost. As if the thing hadn't even been wounded in the first place.

Mind if I take lead for a moment? chimed the creature, all six hands raising upwards.

Sabelya lurched, her muscles suddenly moving against her will. Grinding her teeth, a low wheeze escaped her as she battled against her own movements, trying to halt her sickles from digging into her throat, of which she tried to keep from being exposed.

A gasp escaped her after a long moment of internal struggle, when she finally broke out of the control spell. It was vanquished with a loud shatter, and she stumbled aside as she gathered her wits.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/05/2017 4:23 PM

Righting herself, Sabelya pierced her sharp green stare into the void creature, lips curling back from her teeth. Her hand twisted, fingers uncurling from around the hilt of a sickle but keeping it pressed in place between her palm and thumb. Deep reddish energy flowed from her fingertips, then speared out to lash around the creature. "I'll be taking lead, now," she spat venomously, a grin curling up a corner of her lips.

The void being, like Sabelya had just done, lurched backwards, head thrown back as its limbs were pulled down towards the ice. Slowly, it bended backwards, closer and closer to a contorted kneeling position. But with an echoing hum, it stepped a foot out in front of itself, then the other, and began to walk midair in a crescent, then moved as if stepping down a few upside-down stairs, pulling itself up higher into the sky. Oh, how you did try to, it purred, head lilting to the side.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/05/2017 4:29 PM

The creature made a sound, similar to taking in a deep, sharp breath of air. The gasp filled the icy land around the two, only hear by gods knew what else was foolish enough to live in such a harsh place. And then the ice beneath Sabelya began to crack-- no, not crack, reshape itself.

A towering set of four talons burst into formation around Sabelya, and clenched down on her to hold her in place. Snarling, she began to writhe, burgundy flames spewing from her mouth to melt down the transformed ice. And yet, the more she struggled, and the more she tried to melt it? The easier it was to see little eyes popping open along the ice's surface, and look up at her with sheer mocking amusement. And the longer she was stuck in there, the more little needles dug into her. It cracked against her plate armour, but the areas protected only by cloth and leather were soon pierced by numerous shards.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/05/2017 4:35 PM

"How quaint," Sabelya growled, holding still as she eyed the creature, still hanging aloft in the air. "The eyes do give it an endearing touch." And with that, flames curled out of the corners of her mouth, and the air crackled from the sudden difference of heat surrounding the void being.

The shrill, metallic screech was all she needed to hear to know that, the giant burning maw she had just conjured, had done its job to bite down over the entirety of the void being. Within, it was crushed from all sides into a small mass of space yet again, thrown around to crash against walls of fire, and torn here and there, bit by bit.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/05/2017 4:44 PM

Sabelya watched her creation jolt this way and that as it tormented what was held within, and listened to that very creature inside shriek in growing fury. But it went on for too long, and by then it was too late for her to come up with a way to finish the beast off before it could do anything in retaliation.

And yet, nothing seemed to happen. Not that she could see, at least.

Spreading from the tips of her fingers and toes inward through her body, Sabelya could feel a rapildy intensifying burning pain eating away at her from the inside out, before delving deep into her chest. There was nothing she could do but scream the pain was so incredible, and yet she couldn't even do that, as her vocal chords felt like they were being pressed to countless hot pokers. So her mouth was pulled into as wide of a pained but silent cry as it was physically capable.

By then, the void being had eaten the flame maw from the inside out, and returned to its humanoid shape. It was completely blackened at first, but slowly the eye stars, colours, and white mask came back in full. I could watch you throw me around for years, it laughed.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/05/2017 4:54 PM

"Continue watching, then!" Sabelya thundered, breaking out of the icy grasp and perching atop of it. She tugged something out from under her robe's collar, and held out a chain from which hung a vicious looking pendant. Set into a flat, round base, was a long diamond-shaped sliver of dark amethyst, that was both luminescent and also swallowed the light around it. The stone was kept in place by three pairs of sharp prongs on opposing sides, and in the metal base was carved tiny runes. "NATAL! KILL THIS THING."

The land around them shuddered at the name Sabelya had uttered. And then a metallic wail, similar to the void creature's own not that long ago, resonated from the amulet. Black tendrils of smoke spurted out, impaling the stunned void creature and raising it higher into the air. The tendrils curled around it, then with another ear-grating shriek, brought her crashing into the ice and even through it. As it was suspended back into the air, the void creature caterwauled, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WORD'S POWER?!

But the only answer given, was to be whipped about like a doll at the mercy of an enraged child, leaving several holes in the ice within minutes.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/05/2017 5:03 PM

(( Griffin Whittle, Ghost/Shadowfiend form. ))

More black and purple smoke spilled out of the pendant, pouring to the icy floor in a swirling mass. The smoke was linked directly to the tendrils still throwing the void creature about, even as it rose and emerged into a humanoid shape of its own: A tall, emaciated creature, arms reaching close to the ground, neck elongated and face nothing but a jagged mouth that split straight across. Its form was not only smoke, but ever-swirling dust that made up the most solid part of its body.

Even with its face masked, and being flung across half of Yuunu, there was an overwhelming feeling of recognition wafting off the void creature. I know that soul, it bellowed. Another rumble shook the land, and the creature broke free of the tendrils. The recognition was replaced with terrifying and unbridled rage. You mad a mistake summoning the exact thing I was after, sorceress.

Static filled the air around Sabelya up on her perch, then something in her head snapped and blood dribbled out of both of her nostrils as well as her ears. Crying out, she toppled from atop the frozen fist and clutched her head between her knees. "What did you do to me!!"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/05/2017 5:11 PM

"NATAL! I SAID KILL HER, NOT STAND THERE!" snarled Sabelya, dragging herself up to all fours. The ice under her hands sizzled from the heat emanating from them.

Nodding its head slowly, "Natal" raised a hand, and a jagged spike of black and violet flew out, penetrating the void creature's top left arm. Natal raised its other hand, and shot off another one into the top right arm. The two spikes shrunk and burrowed into the void creature, meeting together within its chest.

And then they exploded.

Sabelya and Natal were both thrown back by the force of the blast, shredded bits of void and space spreading out and then dissipating in cracks of static. Looking up to Natal, Sabelya hissed, "Help me up, spirit."

"Yes, master," murmured the deformed ghost, turning to Sabelya and pulling her up to her feet. She stayed there a moment, steadying herself against the ghost despite the uncomfortable amount of static electricity that pulsed from it wherever she touched.

Nodding her head, she looked over to where the void creature had once been. "Now," she breathed, gather whatever remains there may be. I want that power."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/05/2017 5:37 PM

Obeying, Natal strode over to the site of the explosion. Crouching down, it placed its hands on the ice floor, and small shreds of energy began to gather towards its hands. From a distance, Sabelya watched on, bidding another soul in the pendant to heal her wounds.

As the two went about their separate tasks, underneath Sabelya converged an enormous amount of energy. Natal paused, slowly turning its head to look towards its master. But its attempt to warn its master were too late, and cut short as numerous tendrils of void and space shattered through the ice with a shrill crack, and coiled around Sabelya. In the blink of an eye, she was dragged into the cold, watery depths. And yet, Natal merely watched on, staying right where he was-- it even released what energy it had collected.

Under the ice's surface, Sabelya was pulled further and further down. It felt as if she was being pulled even farther than the water's depths even reached. And she could feel static-- much more intense, much stronger than Natal's-- swirling around her endlessly. I believe I am through playing along with your games, mortal, hissed the void creature. Any living beast nearby in the water fled from the sound of their unnatural voice.

Suddenly, she felt something stab into her midsection. It was thin, but long enough to break through her back. It then wrapped around her, and plunged down her throat. Serve me, and you will obtain more power than you could ever achieve on your own in thousands and thousands of years. Oppose me, and I will make you serve me.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer