Often called the claw of Barakka, much of Iiy'lagon is covered in dense rain forests. If you can make it to the heart of the region, easiest to reach from the southern coast, you'll find the quaint town of Nabias and the vast Sekudui farmlands. Scientists from around the world often trek the risky northern waters and rocky shores to visit the islands at the tip of the region and study the great diversity there.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Iiy'lagon

Make A Decision Already! {Open}

Postby Mojave » 12/14/2007 11:43 AM

Alexiel, Monima, Kazibantu
Image Image Image

The light coating of sand in their fur proclaimed them from Wilt'no, as did their very appearances. Their furs were short, their bodies muscular, and their eyes told of the desert harshness. Yet despite this, if one were to linger, they might find some very interesting cats before them. So long as they were not dubbed "cat" within their hearing.

"Soo... where are we going to go again?" The pale female, splotched by the lightest brown spots with brilliant blue eyes inquired. Her tails were held low, the tips curled and flicking about as her mind processed everything before them.

They stood on a platform of sorts, though one that would frighten most. Perhaps this is why none lingered for long. Before them, bridges of all kinds stretched to different parts of the Barrakka continent. And below these structures was the continent itself. Only if they were to descend would they know the horrors and splendors of Barrakka. However, the three were not quite ready to abandon their current position.

"To find more wild creatures, of course!" A spotted femme, an oddity in all kuhnas as her pelt was riddled with spots reminiscent of the Amur Leopard from another world. She grinned at her companion and winked. "I don't believe anyone when they say there are only two creatures native to Barrakka. Not when there are four for Lambastia."

"How nice for you. But why did you drag me along?" The third was a giant of a cat, and something of an accident. It had the body of a large feline and over the head, shoulders and down the back was metal. The blood could be seen in a sac like structure on the neck and in the hollow, tube-like tails. The tips of these swung about behind it, dangerously close to slicing through the rocks around them in it's agitation.

A: 1
M: 1
K: 6
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/14/2007 11:08 PM

"You know, you're a strange felidae, Kazibantu." Minoma raised a brow at her companion. "Not only are you excessivly aggressive, but you dont seem... you dont.." The pale kuhna blushed and looked away, frowning as she refused to speak her mind. It was such an inappropriate thing to notice.

"What she means is, you don't seem to be female. Nor male. And... we can't tell. I don't think anyone can tell. What's wrong with you?"

Kazi snarled and looked away. It lifted its nose defiantly in the air, hackles raised and tails flicking their dangerous blades about even more dangerously. "I'm neither. Besides, what does it matter."

A: 2
M: 2
K: 7
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/14/2007 11:12 PM

"Oh come now. You must be something. That's not naturall to be neither." Monima wrinkled her nose, giving the Khimera a rather strange look.

"And do you honestly think my species is a natural one?" Kazi retorted, looking at the two smaller kuhnas before it with disgust. "Honestly, how would we give birth with metal all over our bodies? There are many technical difficulties with reproducing for us. And what would two silly kuhnas like yourself know about it anyway?"

Alexiel rolled her eyes and stepped to the edge of the platform. "Well, whatever. I think we need to decide where to go now." She crouched down and looked over the edge, her ears pulled back and her eyes squinting to see better. Her tails swayed behind her for balance and her claws buried themselves in the ground for stability. "What do you say, Monima?"

A: 3
M: 3
K: 8
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/15/2007 4:55 PM

Monima tilted her head quizzically at Alexiel. "How should I know? I didn't bring a map." She paused for a moment, "Did... you?"

Alexiel leaped back, her tail straight up and her fur frizzed, "We forgot the map?!"

Kazi chuckled darkly, but otherwise remained silent. She enjoyed watching these two spazz out.

"You, know, I don't see what's so funny." Alexiel wrinkled her own nose at the khimera.
"Yeah. Specially since that means you won't get back home either." Monima growled.
"So says... you." Kazi turned to glare at them. "I can find my way back on my own."

A: 4
M: 4
K: 9
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/15/2007 5:15 PM

Both kuhnas fell onto their sides giggling madly.

"Yeah right! I'd like to see that one, Kazi!" Alexiel was having a fit laying her back and curled up with her paws resting on her belly, heaving with mirth.

Monima too had been thrown into hysterical laughter, but was unable to respond.

"Well you see, that'd be the problem." Kazi replied cooly. This tone made the two female kuhnas pause and look triumphantly at their companion. "Because in order for you to see me make my way back home alone, you'd have to follow me. And because you would be following me, you would get home again too. And that right there is why I'm not going to prove it to you as I don't care if the two of you get lost in a bog and drown."

A: 5
M: 5
K: 10
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/15/2007 5:25 PM

"That's nice, Kazi. Really." Alexiel rolled gracefully to her feet and stalked past the khimera, tails high. "So why'd you come with us if you don't care about us?"

Kazi grinned showing all her teeth. "In case you forgot, you coerced me to do this."

Alexiel rolled her eyes, "You really think Zein would have made you come? She probably would have sent someone else with us."

Monima nodded, but was getting rather nervous of upsetting the unbalanced khimera.

"Well I have a question for you, Alexiel. Why did you choose me to come on this ridiculous trip?"

A: 6
M: 6
K: 11
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/15/2007 5:37 PM

ImageImage
Miana/Ferri

"I say we go this way!" The Ferrikoon pointed toward the west, her voice taking on an impatient tone.

The Gyrophant only shook her head in disagreement. "I say we go this way." She flicked her tail toward three distant figures. Ferri frowned.

"You're nuts, Miana."

"Thank you. I'm glad you finally figured that out." Without another word, Miana trotted over to the strangers. Ferri sighed and followed.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/15/2007 5:48 PM

((ooc: Ah! Someone actually joined meh! xD))

Alexiel frowned and looked away. "Really and truly, I have no idea. I figured you'd be cool and all, I guess."

"Cool? What the-"

"Hey! We have company so act civil." Monima leapt between them, crouched and ready to tackle either of them. Her tails wavered above her and her eyes glinted in fury.

Alexiel sat down facing the newcomers while Kazi rolled it's eyes and went to a different area on the platform. Monima on the other hand, strode right up to them.

"Hello. Sorry you had to hear us arguing." She smiled in embarrassment.

A: 7
M: 7
K: 12
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/15/2007 5:56 PM

Miana blinked at the three feline creatures on the platform. Remembering her manners, she dipped her long head in a comical bow. "No, it's all right. I didn't hear anything." At that exact moment, Ferri had caught up with her friend, steaming mad.

"Miana! Wha-" The Ferrikoon's voice faded when she saw the Khimera. She was instantly intimidated and she meekly smiled. "Erm, hello. I'm Ferri. This is Miana. Well, I guess we'll go now, right, Miana?"

The Gyrophant quizzicly looked at Ferri. "Are you scared?"

That set off Ferri. "I am not!"

"Seems to me that you are."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/15/2007 6:08 PM

Minoma and Alexiel giggled. "There's nothing to fear. Kazi is just upset at me for dragging... it... with us." Alexiel faltered for a moment.

Minoma smiled and rolled her eyes, "Yes, I doubt Kazibantu will hurt you."

Kazi growled but remained apart from the small group in case it's defects came into question.

A: 8
M: 8
K: 13
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/15/2007 6:28 PM

"I see." Miana nodded. "Lita, my owner, wishes to have another pet like...Kazi." She tilted her head slightly as she studied the Khimera. "What kind of animal are you?"

"Um, Miana," Ferri nervously tugged the Gyrophant's tail. Miana glanced at her friend. "I don't think you should ask questions like that."

"Why not?" Miana was a bit puzzled. "If you have never seen a Gyrophant in your life, wouldn't you ask what I was?"

Ferri sighed. "I guess but..."

"Then I see no harm in it." Miana concluded.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/15/2007 7:16 PM

"We're kuhnas." Alexiel beamed. "One of a kind kuhnas!" Minoma added, also proud.

At this, Alexiel's ears drooped a bit and she looked sideways. "Yes. We're one of a kind."

Kazi rolled it's eyes at Alexiel's change in mood. She acted like it was so terrible to be part of a rare species.

The trio seemed suddenly diminished, as if they didn't like being unique. But, in truth, Alexiel's plight was highly depressing.

A: 9
M: 9
K: 14
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/15/2007 7:20 PM

Miana sensed a change in their mood. "Er, do tell me why you seem so sad of being one-of-a-kind. It seems like you don't like to be unique or something..."

"Miana!" Ferri snapped.

"Yes?" The Gyrophant had a dangerous gleam in her eyes. Ferri almost hesitated. "Did you want to say something?"

"Uh, never mind." Ferri muttered and dropped her gaze. Miana nodded contently and faced the trio once more, her tail gently swishing on the platform, sending up dust clouds.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/15/2007 7:26 PM

Alexiel sighed and thought a moment to find the words. Finally, she explained as best she could. "Well.. I feel alone. I may be a kuhna, but there isn't anyone like me. All other kuhnas have stripes and it makes me feel like I'm the last of my kind. That's all."

"You have a spotted kuhna next to you." Kazi grumbled.

Minoma stuck her tongue out at Kazi, "Hush you. I'm different. I'm not what Zein calls an Amur- which she says there are only 40 left in existance. I'm just a fluke is all."

"You say it so proudly." Kazi sneered. The khimera hadn't missed the relationship between ferrikoon and gyrophant either, though it had to admit, it rather liked the gyrophant's style.

A: 10
M: 10
K: 15
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/15/2007 7:36 PM

"Being unique isn't that bad." Miana tried to sound comforting. "I mean, at least you look prettier than most Kuhna."

"Nice try, Miana." Ferri grumbled under her breath, careful not to let Miana hear her. "I don't think you're helping."

The Gyrophant slowly marched up to Alexiel and put a comforting tail around the Kuhna's shoulders. "Look at it this way: you're unique and it's a gift. You stand out from the crowd and everything." Miana slightly smiled. Ferri made a half-chuckle, half-groan noise. Miana glanced at Ferri. "Did you want to say something?"

"Yes." Ferri fluttered over. "I really think we should go."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next