Often called the claw of Barakka, much of Iiy'lagon is covered in dense rain forests. If you can make it to the heart of the region, easiest to reach from the southern coast, you'll find the quaint town of Nabias and the vast Sekudui farmlands. Scientists from around the world often trek the risky northern waters and rocky shores to visit the islands at the tip of the region and study the great diversity there.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Iiy'lagon

[P, Quest] Open Shop

Postby Shaetani » 05/16/2018 2:58 AM

Precious (f) - .:..:. - Taffy (x)

Precious carefully set about opening the bags Taffy was bringing and meticulously sorting their wares into bins and baskets and displays of all sorts of colors. Being right there on the coast she'd had an idea and ran with it; dragging Taffy into the mix in the process. "As soon as this is perfect you can start luring customers in." She had no qualms about using Taffy's skill to start getting the word of mouth out about their shop.

79 words
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Re: [P, Quest] Open Shop

Postby Shaetani » 05/16/2018 3:10 AM

Taffy sighed as she set down the last bag. How in the world she had gotten mixed up in this mess was beyond her. At least she could use her claws to rip open some of the boxes that were being stubborn with the tape. 'Careful! don't damage the merch.' Damn. Couldn't even shred anything properly. Finally though the last bag was opened and everything was set up. She stepped back and admired the stand. Salt water taffy in a huge variety of colors and flavors decorated every available shelf space. Her gaze shifted to the one last thing out of place. Her outfit.

104 words
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/16/2018 3:14 AM

Precious's chibi wing tips fluttered as a grin spread across her face. It was perfect! "Come now Taffy, time to get out there and sell some candy!" Before Taff could object she had practically tackled her and after a quick little flurry the outfit was on. A darling little maid outfit; only instead of the typical black and white the one she had made for Taffy was quite... colorful. A beautiful blue darkening to emerald green where the black usually was and a pastel pink that merged into a lovely butter gold where the white parts normally were. She'd also given it a bit of pop with some hints of silver.

111 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/16/2018 3:28 AM

Utterly disgraceful. Well, at least the colors on the outfit matched her natural coloration pretty well. She'd give Precious that much. She glared for a moment; tails lashing behind her before turning and making her way into the crowd. "Come get your Taffy here! We've got sweet deals and delicious flavors! Supplies are limited so get em before it's all gone!" A mother with two children edged around her and she swooped in; offering the little boy a berry flavored taffy and the little girl a cotton candy flavored one. "Here, a sample for ya on the house." She winked at the kids and after they popped the taffy in their mouths their eyes got wide. 'common mom, lets get some!' Ha; one victim - er customer down. She grinned as the kids dragged their mother over to the stand.

140 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/16/2018 3:34 AM

Precious watched as Taffy did her thing and if there was a little more than fondness in that gaze she gave her; well, no one else from the farm was here to see it. She convinced the mother to go for the rainbow flavor deal which was basically an assortment of fruit and sweet flavors and after she completed that sale noticed a rather grumpy looking fellow edging past. "Hello there; won't you try a piece of taffy?" He huffed about how he hated sweet things and Precious grinned. "Please try some of our savory or herb flavors then." Ha. He tried a teriyaki flavored one and a sage and lavender flavored one. It was all it took to reel him in and get him to buy some for his family.

131 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/16/2018 3:38 AM

While handing out samples and guiding unsuspecting shoppers towards the stall Taffy kept a careful eye out on Precious. With only the two of them here and being a new stall she wouldn't put it past some of the street kids to try and make a grab and dash. She was just handing out a mint tea flavored sample when her fur tingled. Recognize impostor was a good trait to have. Whirling; she rushed over and grabbed the dirty wrist just as it was about to pocket a handful of the keystones from the register. Precious was busy with a customer so she dragged the teen to the side of the stall. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't turn you in."

123 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/28/2018 7:45 PM

Nestle (?) .:.:. Posts 1:?

Ah crap, of course they'd managed to snag le. Give them one good reason, eh? All of Le's fur was spiked; Le's fangs bared and eyes narrowed. Why should le have to give them a reason? Why couldn't they just let le go! "'Cause that'd make you a tattler." Yeah. Hows that for a damn reason! Le knew they probably thought le was bluffing; or posturing or something. Le's narrowed eyes could feel the prick of water pooling at their edges; Le's defiance giving way to a blush as Le's stomach gurgled loudly. Clearly it was empty and le's body was reacting to all the lovely smells. So what; wasn't like it was anything to be ashamed of. After all, everyone had to eat some times! So Le waited; not struggling in the hopes that doing so would make them loosen their grip on Le's wrist so le could make a run for it when they were least expecting it.

161 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/28/2018 7:50 PM

Precious finished up with her current customers and made her way over in time to hear the youth's response and their stomach rumble. Aww, the poor thing was obviously hungry... grabbing some bacon flavored taffy she walked over and handed the boy? girl? the youth the piece of candy in their free hand. She honestly couldn't tell what gender the little grubby thing was! "Here, eat these." She knew Taffy probably didn't want to let the brat go and her mind shifted about her options. "You know it's better to work for a living than to be a thief." Maybe she could dress the youth up as a page... oh wouldn't that be adorable?! Of course it'd need a bath first and it wasn't like she could create the costume out of thin air. Hmm. What to say to keep the brat from running off first chance they got?

149 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/28/2018 7:54 PM

She'd be a tattler? Taffy couldn't help the cold laugh that emerged at the brats words. Being a tattle tale was the least of her worries. Speaking of worries... Precious came over and she could practically see the wheels turning in her mind. "Precious, no-" The words about working had a groan escaping as she considered her options. She could 'accidently' let the brat wiggle out of her grip. That'd probably be the easiest way to avoid the options she could see looming on the horizon. "There isn't any room for them to come with us even if they wanted to." Which surely they didn't? She let her hand slip; fully expecting the brat to make a run for it... only they didn't.

123 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/28/2018 8:01 PM

As Nestle's arm was released le jumped back a space and stuffed some of the candy in le's mouth. It was good candy; really really good... le'd never be able to afford something like this living on the streets like le did. There were interesting dynamics here; the way the one called Precious seemed far milder of the two and yet the one called Taffy had this look of horror on her face as soon as a job was mentioned. It was just interesting enough to prevent le from bolting. "No one 'round here's willing to hire me." The words were flat; blunt. After all, what did a colorful lady like the candy maker know of street living?

118 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/28/2018 8:22 PM

Precious grinned as the youth didn't immediately go running off; waving a hand at Taffs objections. "We have sold almost half the stock so that frees up room in the cart." Besides, the youth wasn't much bigger than a handful of trouble. So, no one was willing to hire hmm? "I can't offer much of a wage but I can provide two meals a day; you'll eat what Taffy and I do; and a safe place to sleep at night. In exchange you'll help with setting up the stall; sales and luring in customers and other general duties. Think you can handle it?" She purposefully made it sound like she doubted it. Nothing like some doubt to stir the pride into yelling out yes it can!

126 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/28/2018 8:29 PM

Of course Precious wouldn't listen to her. "Don't come crying to me when they run off with everything they can carry." Turning, she stalked over to some customers that were arriving and in a few moments she'd made a couple more sales. She didn't know what that bird brain was thinking; trying to recruit the brat. Resisting the urge to snarl through sheer willpower alone she manned the front of the store while Precious made a decision. Taffy would not hesitate to tell her I told you so and rub it in her face if things went sideways. After she'd hunted down the brat and taught them a lesson for messing with her friend.

114 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 05/28/2018 8:42 PM

Clearly the one lady thought this was a bad idea. Although her thoughts of le taking what they could and running sounded like a decent plan. Plus, le's current sleeping arrangements left much to be desired and two square meals a day was nothing to sneeze at. "I'll do it. My names Nestle." le would try it and see where it got le. If worse came to worse le could always run away. Le was pretty good at that to be honest. "Where should I start?" Le handed back the coins le'd grabbed before Taffy grabbed le and looked around at the stall. who knows, maybe this would work out after all.

112 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate