Often called the claw of Barakka, much of Iiy'lagon is covered in dense rain forests. If you can make it to the heart of the region, easiest to reach from the southern coast, you'll find the quaint town of Nabias and the vast Sekudui farmlands. Scientists from around the world often trek the risky northern waters and rocky shores to visit the islands at the tip of the region and study the great diversity there.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Iiy'lagon

Quest (Self)

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 10:01 PM

(Too tired to think of a real title, lol...)

Out over near the edge of one of the rainforests that belonged in the area, a golden wolf was about to dive right into the thick foliage to set out into a new place he'd never seen before. And in an overly dramatic voice, he spoke out loud in a narrative monologue in anticipation for the journey he was about to have.

"In the deep dark wilderness of the rainforest, there are rumors of an amazing secret treasure hidden away within. What sort of mystery and danger lies beyond to reach it, nobody knows... But today, one lone brave adventurer shall seek it out, to take the riches for himself!"

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Re: Quest (Self)

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 10:07 PM

Getting really into it, he continued down his set path, where the wolf went down into a small clearing to hop up onto the trunk of a large fallen tree. A playful grin was on his face as he lowered his body, getting ready to pounce. "Let's. Goooo--OOOF!" At first, he would shout happily as he launched himself forward, aiming for a pile of leaves at the bottom.

Except he never actually made it to that pile.
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 10:09 PM

Instead, he ended up getting caught mid-air and had the remaining air in his lungs forced out at the end there from the sudden stop.

"That's enough already, whelp." In a harsh annoyed tone, the dragon Midnight came out from some foliage in his more manageable humanoid form. He came up to the sight of the golden wolf pup just hanging in the air, being held up in place by a harness infused with a bit of magic.

"I've already told you, we're not here to play games!"
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 10:10 PM

At the sound of his "master's" voice, Lukas's ears lowered. He looked back over to Midnight's scowling face with an annoyed look of his own. "It's LUKAS! Not 'whelp'! And I'm boooreeed!" He complained and started to wriggle around. Which was kind of pointless to do, as the darn thing was secured very well against his chest. Instead of actually accomplishing anything, he was just starting to awkwardly flail around helplessly.
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 10:12 PM

This was the reason why he hated dealing with hatchlings. They were always a much bigger pain in the neck than they were worth.

Lukas was lucky that he was a rare unique case...

With a deep sigh, Midnight raised up a hand in the wolf pup's direction. "I don't care. Just do as you're told!" And with a quick wave, the magic holding Lukas in his particular predicament was released.
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 10:18 PM

With no real way to brace for the impact, Lukas would just drop like a rock onto the dirt the second he felt the supernatural hold on his harness lift. Ungracefully, he'd land right on his butt. "Ow!"

Likely now going to end up with a small bruise in that area, Lukas lifted himself up and climbed out from behind the tree. Twigs and dirt now ruining his golden pelt.

"Now hurry up! Or else I'll leave you here."
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 10:29 PM

Midnight wasn't one to normally make idle threats. So Lukas did worry that he actually meant that, and hurriedly shook himself to get as much grime off before he dashed back over to Midnight's side. As much as he liked the forest and its potential for games, he didn't want to get left here all alone in the wilderness.
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 10:39 PM

For almost an hour, they kept making their way through the forest mostly in silence. Up until Lukas could hear the sound of water, and they reached a nearby river. His eyes lit up the second it came into view, and his whole body started to wiggle eagerly. It took all of his willpower to not go running off again to go play in it.
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 11:15 PM

His playful puppy nature was so obvious, that even Midnight took notice of how he was shaking with one side glance. "Mmm..." At this point, he knew that the hatchling was going to quickly become impossible to deal with, if he allowed him to go through this kind of build up any longer. It wasn't the first time he'd experienced this, and he certainly didn't want to deal with it right now.

"We still have a ways to go." He would eventually say, as he pulled out a tome that contained some maps of the region.
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 05/31/2018 11:22 PM

Lukas was startled by the silence being suddenly broken, that his attention quickly shifted up to the tall dragon-man. At first, he didn't quite understand what he was getting at, and was confused. "Oh. Well I can keep up, if we're gonna move faster!" By his logic, if they were quicker, then they should get to wherever that place they needed to be much sooner. So he assumed that's what Midnight had meant.
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate