Often called the claw of Barakka, much of Iiy'lagon is covered in dense rain forests. If you can make it to the heart of the region, easiest to reach from the southern coast, you'll find the quaint town of Nabias and the vast Sekudui farmlands. Scientists from around the world often trek the risky northern waters and rocky shores to visit the islands at the tip of the region and study the great diversity there.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Iiy'lagon

.::.[What is Friendship?].::. (Open)

Postby robopup24 » 02/05/2008 7:40 PM

He stood on the great bridge, not feeling anything but the pure feel of the whistling gales and the cold steel beneath his feet. The smaller than normal Khimera, only reaching two feet tall, narrowed his eyes at the world below him before letting a question pass those lips of his. It came out as a roar. The question simply echoed back to him, taunting him.

...Friendship? ...Friendship?

It died away on the wind, fading away into nothingness. Gildor wanted the answer, the answer to his stupid question that no one seemed to properly explain to him. The Khimera let out another roar of frustration at the world below him. It was lost in the shrieking wind.

He turned away, his dark eyes narrowing at nothing in particular.

Why did he feel so alone? He was used to the lonliness...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 02/05/2008 8:34 PM

[center]Image
Julian, Purine-Allied Shimin

What a huge bridge. New to these lands, the young Shimin simply walked around the place, trying to learn about it. Exploring, what a great hobby. While exploring, you could learn so many things, see so many of them as well. How interesting it could be, to simply be outside exploring... he would eventually know every little corner of the Lands, and soon enough, his crimes would be known far and wide. He was a thief, after all, wasn't he?

The small Shimin came to a stop. Oh? Who was this Khimera? ... Was it a Khimera? The armor, the twin tails.... yes, it seemed like a Khimera. A bit small, but a Khimera nonetheless. "Oh-hey there," Julian called, flipping his cape behind his back, his dirty white bandana hanging from his left horn clashing with the yellow cloth as it came flying down behind the Shimin's back. "What might have brought you to this place?"

[1]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/05/2008 8:41 PM

A tiny voice broke the train of gloomy thoughts running through Gildor's head. He lifted his gaze from the ground to the strange creature in front of him, his brow furrowing in confusion. Who was he? What was he, anyway? It would be rude to ask, thought. "I am here simply because I have been led here." Gildor rumbled. "And if you don't mind me asking, who are you? And what is your buisness here?"

He did not trust this small creature. No, those skull-like features did not comfort him at all. The wind howled at him, whipping sand into his eyes. Muttering in annoyance, Gildor blinked back tears that were leaking from his irritated eyes.

Despite his distrust, he had to admit that it was nice to have some sort of company. Gildor fixed his gaze now on the creature's fluttering bandana, waiting for his answer.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 02/06/2008 4:30 PM

"Aye, no need to sound so defensive," the Shimin replied, flicking his tail as he crossed his arms behind his head. "I'm known as Julian the Shimin. I'm not an enemy, you don't have to worry." This seemed to be what the Khimera wanted to know, so why not tell him what he wanted to hear? Julian wasn't exactly the vile type, but he was a thief; however, he still had manners and wasn't one that would kill you or something of the like. He wasn't an extremist in any way. "My business?" Oh, well. Another little lie maybe?... "I am a simple traveler. I love traveling to take various pictures of flowers all around the Lands. Unfortunately, my camera's at the repair shop right now; but my instincts just keep on telling me to go outside for some fresh air," the male pet replied, bringing a paw to his hip. "Now, fair trade? What is your name, and your business?"

Fair trade. I tell you my name you tell me yours.

[2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/06/2008 7:42 PM

Fair trade? Amusing. Gildor sat on his haunches, trying to draw himself up as tall as possible. It didn't work...much. "I am known as Gildor T?Æwele." He pawed at the ground. "I simply...travel. Looking for something that people call...a friend..."

It sounded cheesy, even in his own ears. Julian, or whatever his name was, would think so too. The tiny Khimera growled in annoyance at himself and shifted his gaze to the sky once more. "You wouldn't care." Gildor mumbled.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 02/06/2008 9:16 PM

The Shimin crossed his arms, tilting the skull it had for a head to the side. "Oh? A friend eh?" Julian echoed, scratching his nose with a claw. "Sounds intriguing. What kinda friend are you looking for?" Truly, the Shimin found the concept intriguing. To find a friend? But weren't those everywhere and anywhere? A friend was easy to find... but good friends. Were they that easy too? The thief didn't know, not really. He had a brother, but that was about it.

This Khimera was, for some reason, smaller than an average Khimera. Was this why this one was being so... rejective? Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps it had to do with something else in his life. But the Shimin didn't a word out loud and waited for the Khimera to reply instead.

[3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/06/2008 9:32 PM

What kind? Did friends come in types now or something? The very thought puzzled the Khimera intensely. Why couldn't anyone give him a straight answer on what friends were?

"I don't know." Gildor grumbled. "Someone...anyone..."

He had never lived much outside of a labotory. Even then, when he was confined in that dank place, he learned little about those...'human' values. They all talked about loyalty and friendship...Ha! How could he experience those if he didn't understand them?

A bird fluttered across the sky, straining to fly higher with its small wings. Without much emotion, Gildor watched it fall down, spiraling to its death. Was that a foreshadowing of his own future? If he reached for that distant dream of his, to find a friend, will he end up dead...or worse?

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 02/08/2008 12:34 PM

The Shimin, too, spotted the little bird trying to leave its nest. Unfortunately for it, its wings were most likely not well-developed enough, and the tiny little buddle of feathers started falling down towards the river that was rolling under the bridge.

Quickly, Julian jumped onto the ledge of the bridge and jumped again, towards the falling bird. Skillfully, he caught the small animal and using his cape, he used it to slowly fall down towards the ground while holding the bird with one arm.

Once onto solid ground again, the Shimin headed for a spot where a few trees were settled. He jumped and settled the little bird on its branches and headed back to Gildor once his business was done with. "That little bird was most likely scared for life," he mumbled, crossing his arms. He chuckled. "So his life. You try, sometimes you fall. You try again, sometimes you manage to walk through your road." He wasn't really a poet... that was simply the way he liked to explain things.

Finally, he turned to the Khimera. "So, ya wanna do something?" he proposed, bringing a paw to his hip while the other hung down by his side.

[4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/11/2008 7:07 PM

Gildor had watched Julian's little rescue without much interest. His mind got a slight jolt when he mentioned that little, odd moral. Life. He never had one, anyway. Why should he care?

"So, ya wanna do something?"

The Khimera had never been asked that odd question. He laid down, watching Julian with wary eyes. "Explain." He rumbled. "I do not know what others do for...amusement." Gildor searched through the few memories he had, trying to think up of something. The few memories of his home didn't help much. All he remembered were some people laughing at something they called jokes.

Gildor withdrew into his own dark broodings.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 02/13/2008 8:06 PM

What an odd Khimera. He seemed so indifferent, so uncaring about what would happen to him, to others. Hmm. Seeing the bird fall, he didn't seem to really care, either. The rescue, it hadn't caught his interest either. What would catch this cold Khimera's interest? The Shimin didn't know...

Again, Julian crossed his arms and pondered. "Well, it depends. Everyone has different tastes. What do you like? I'm pretty neutral and open, so whatever you want to do would be fine by me." Would there be a clear way to explain such a thing? Julian didn't exactly know how to explain it... But, he simply hoped that the Khimera wouldn't reply anything around the corners of "I like chomping down heads." That... would make the situation a bit awkward.

[5 -- lvl]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/13/2008 8:19 PM

What did he like?

Gildor pawed at the ground, looking suddenly like a lost little kitten. What did he like? He had seen others go romping about, playfully pouncing on others. He had seen others talk with their friends, laughing at some joke. He had seen others dance the night away, others fishing, others doing things that he knew he wouldn't, couldn't join in.

He pulled himself together the best he could though and that lost look disappeared.

"Anything I want to do?" Gildor growled, though it came out less ferociously than before. "How about this: I'll do whatever you want me to do."

That made life a bit easier now, didn't it? The miniture Khimera lowered his gaze to the ground, but forced himself to look up at the Shimin.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 02/16/2008 8:11 PM

"Ah, well... I'm rather neutral," Julian replied, rubbing his chin. "Anything is fine by me." He looked around, wondering what the two of them could possible do here. He noticed the town seemed to be nearby... maybe there would shops there? Maybe they'd find things that would bring out a feeling of fun from the Khimera.

"Why not check out the town and market?" he proposed to Gildor, pointing down the road. "There should be some shops over there. Maybe some of them will attract your attention and tastes?"

[6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/17/2008 7:55 PM

A town and market?

Gildor gazed at the distance, squinting his eyes at the faraway town. Stupid wind. "Let us go then." It's better than sitting here and pondering your exsistance, after all. It's better than sitting here and feeling the emptiness gnaw at you...

"And let's hope it's amusing." Without another word, he began to pad down the path. It didn't matter to him if Julian followed or not.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 02/23/2008 3:45 PM

Not so friendly, eh? Well, it didn't matter to the Shimin. What would matter is how the Khimera would react once he'll learn the camera and flowers story was a lie from the small thief. Would that cost Julian his head later on? Eh, well. Whatever happens happen, neh?

The Shimin calmly followed Gildor, his hands tied behind his back. He observed the scenery calmly, his cape fluttering about because of the wind. "How does this make you feel?" he suddenly asked the Khimera, tilting his head at world before them. "Happy? Depressed? Violent? Relaxed?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 03/09/2008 6:27 PM

How did it make him feel?

Gildor tilted his head at the buildings below and grumbled, "I don't know. It just looks like a bunch of houses to me." The Khimera let out a small growl of frustration. This was getting nowhere. Worse yet, he had no answers. "Let's not ask anymore questions on the way down, shall we?" He was a bit stung at his own rudeness as he picked up the pace. Was he actually wanting the Shimin to fall behind? Maybe. Why? Who cares and who knows? No doubt he would frighten some villagers as he neared the gates...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next