The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

Looking Over the Edge

Postby seruame » 08/18/2009 1:43 PM

An oddly mismatched pair sat on the edge of one of the bridges, staring pointedly down. There was a light breeze that teased the girl's light blue bangs and twin ponytails as she leaned foreward, and tilted her head slightly before turning and looking at her Chombones companion, who looked at her as well.
"That's a long way down, huh, Domovio..." the girl murmured, and the chattering of bones was what answered her, and the chombones went back to looking down. Seru brushed some of her bangs out of her mismatched eyes, and glanced back down before taking her backpack off, and pulling out her sketchbook, to draw what she saw. She became so wrapped into her drawings she didn't notice Domovio sneaking around behind her, and giving a playfully frightening shove, then grabbing her by her skull butterfly sweater. She let out a shocked squeak, and scrambled back as Domovio chattered his bones at her playfully. "Domovio! Bad boy...Don't do that!" she scolded, and he simply shook his body, and scratch his skull.
seruame
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 26
Donate

Re: Looking Over the Edge

Postby SpringsSong » 08/18/2009 1:51 PM

Unlike the Chombones-and-trainer pair, Ath'ana was out here on her own; much like most of the pets that she lived with.  With her own trainer having a pet form, and therefore only being able to be in one place at a time, Ath'ana couldn't travel with Fire whenever she wanted to--it was either stay in Nori or explore on your own where she lived.

She tilted her head as she heard the clattering of bones and the voice of a trainer--or, at least, a human.  Whoever it was, they were having a little bit of an "adventure" with a Chombones, as she later saw.  Not wasting any time, the Shinzo padded down towards the pair, flicking her tail lazily from time to time.  When she got close enough that she could clearly see them, and they could see her, she stopped, looking at them curiously.

[1.1]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby seruame » 08/18/2009 2:03 PM

Domovio turned around as Seru recollected her drawing things, and glanced around. He spotted a curious looking creature to him, and decided he'd waddle on over, to greet her. He trotted over, and sniffed at the new creature, then made a loud crunching, chattery noise with his teeth, his way of saying hello. He tilted his head, and smiled. Seru turned around then, curious as to what he was making a fuss of. She blinked at the cute little thing that Domovio was chattering at, and rose, walked over, and crouched. "Hello there, little one..." she smiled, and reached out as if to pet the Shinzo.
seruame
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/18/2009 2:10 PM

Ath'ana tilted her head slightly at the sound of the crunchy chattering, but once the Chombomes smiled, she figured what it meant.  She dipped her head slightly as she said, Hello to you, as well. Here, she looked up as the trainer walked over to her and reached out as if to pet her.  Ath'ana sat perfectly still as she let the human pet her.

My name is Ath'ana, she said to the Chombones.  She looked back at the human, her eyes curious.

[1.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby seruame » 08/18/2009 2:17 PM

~This is my human girl, Seru...She can't talk to us. Isn't she well tamed?~ Domovio chattered happily at Ath'Ana, and sat on his haunches again. He turned his head, and chattered at Seru, and she grinned, and patted him.
"Do you have a person?" Seru asked, oblivious to her creature's conversation with this one. Domovio smiled, and waggled his tail before chattering again at Seru. "What? Want some more marrow?" Domovio nodded, and she went back to her pack, to go get some.
~I'm Domovio. What are you? I've never seen somebody like you before...~ he crunched out curiously.
seruame
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/18/2009 2:31 PM

Ath'ana nodded to question Seru asked; then, to Domovio, she said, I'm what they call a Shinzo.  I just know that we aren't as easy to find as some other pets.  And it's good to meet you, Domovio. She tilted her head at Seru, and then, she spoke again.

Your human is a rather... interesting one.  My human has many different forms that she can take on, but because of it, she can't always travel with us.  Most of us at my home just come and go as we please. She said.  Truth be told, she didn't like to think of herself as Fire's "pet"; merely as a companion.

[1.3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby seruame » 08/18/2009 2:51 PM

~Ah...Seru, she has a big place, with an indoor graveyard! It's great, because she buries my marrow treats for me...Hey, maybe you can come visit her, when we're ready to leave...~ Domovio suggested, rolling onto his belly as he munched the peice of bone Seru had returned to give him. She also had some fruit, which she cut in half, and offered to the Shinzo as she sat, and studied her. She smiled suddenly, and began to draw the little one happily.
seruame
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/18/2009 3:01 PM

Ath'ana took the fruit as she nodded slightly, chuckling a little as she said, My trainer has a rather big place as well.  It has to be big--she has a lot of companions. Here, she nibbled at the fruit as she flicked her ear wings slightly.  And I also wouldn't mind visiting.  I didn't go too many places before I went to live with Fire, and I hadn't left my home there since I got settled in, so I don't mind exploring as many places as I can.  She wouldn't mind, either--She lets us come and go as we please.

[1.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby seruame » 08/18/2009 3:12 PM

~Ooo, cool name, Fire...That's that stuff that makes my bones all warm and black, right?~ Domovio smiled, and wagged his tail again as Seru picked him up, and stroked his fur. She was done with her drawing, and smiled before turning it towards Ath'ana. It was well-drawn and shaded.
"What do you think?" she asked, hopeful. Domovio chattered at her, a happy sound. She smirked at him, and snuggled him a bit.
(Level up: Domovio.)
seruame
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/19/2009 8:53 AM

Ath'ana nodded as she said, Yes, the element of fire makes most things warm--and black, yes--but Fire, the person, is a little different from that.  She can control what she burns and when--and for how long. Here, she looked at the drawing, smiling as she nodded her head.  It was clear that the Shinzo was impressed with the drawing; well, either impressed or amazed.

Your human is very good at drawing, she said to Domovio, nodding her head.

[2.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby seruame » 08/19/2009 10:06 AM

~She sounds very nice...Can I meet her?~ Domovio asked, and then tried to get down off Seru's lap. She sighed, and clipped his leash on the collar around his neck, to keep him from wandering. He turned, and tried to gnaw it off, but stopped when she frowned, and patted his skull. ~I hate this thing...Why's she put it on me? Baffles me...~
Seru chuckled, then rolled up the picture of Ath'ana, and put a rubberband around it. When they were ready to go, she'd give it to the Shinzo before she went, of course.
seruame
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/20/2009 10:03 AM

Ath'ana blinked as she looked at the collar that Seru put around Domovio's neck.  I don't know why some humans do what they do.  Fire doesn't do that sort of thing with us, but then again, Fire isn't most trainers or most humans.  Maybe it's just because she doesn't want you to get lost.

It was a theory, anyways.  Ath'ana didn't know a great deal of the trainers that were on Evelon, but she knew that some humans could be really protective of their pets and did not want to lose them.  She shrugged slightly, flicking her tail as she traced something in the ground.

[[Early morning muse failure...]]

[2.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby seruame » 08/20/2009 11:11 AM

~Probably...But I wish she'd not put it on my neck, ya know? Maybe around my middle. Makes my neck too itchy...~ Domovio sighed, and then dropped a peice of bone at the Shinzo's feet. ~Want some marrow? It's really yummy!~
Seru looked at Domovio, a little shocked by the fact that he was giving this Shinzo a fresh marrow bone, one of his prized treats. She would have to check his temp when they went home. Seru smirked slightly, and then glanced around. It was nearly dark now, and she loved to look the colors of twilight...
seruame
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/22/2009 9:15 AM

Ath'ana looked down at the piece of bone that had been dropped at her feet and sniffed at it curiously.  After a moment, she delicately picked it up with her teeth and gnawed at it before she got a taste of the marrow.  Hm... that does taste good... she said after a moment, nodding as she continued to gnaw at the bone.  She looked up as she saw that the sun was setting, flicking her ear wings slightly.

[2.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby seruame » 08/22/2009 10:31 AM

Domovio smiled, and licked her cheek playfully, then began to chase his own tail to amuse Seru. She was starting to want to wander, it was apparent in her behavoir and the fact that she'd picked up everything.
~If you'd like, you can wander with us...~ Domovio invited.
seruame
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next