The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

Which way, oh which way? (Self RP)

Postby Aetheris » 02/14/2010 2:49 AM

"We're here!" cried Kiera Monarra as she first stepped onto the large platform. She turned around, and looked at her companions. "Come on, hurry up!" She sighed. Aetheris had finally sent them on a mission, to explore somewhere new, and Aetheris hadn't visited Barakka much. She jumped around, too excited to stay still, or in one place.She turned around again, and studied the paths leading off everywhere. Let's see... she thought. We could go to Idalani Falls, or maybe Jawan, or maybe... "Oh, it's too hard to choose!" she accidentally said aloud, before realising it. She again turned around, this time to see if her companions made any reaction to what she said. She shuffled around, then hopped from one leg to the other.

"We're coming, Monarra!" replied Aria Renae. She flew past Monarra, then landed in front of her. She too looked around, seeing the different exits. "What did you say?" she asked, before remembering. "Oh, um, what about the Nu'san Temple?" Renae really didn't know where she wanted to go, she just said the first thing she saw. She looked around, then said mindlessly, "It is a nice day today, good weather for an exploration. Oh, what about Tengel Rainforest?" She liked the sound of a rainforest, although she didn't like how most of the time she had to walk or her wings would knock out just about every single branch in her way. Monarra can be quite annoying when she is excited, eh? But I guess you can't blame her. she randomly telepathed to their third companion, a Purine Penticorn. Oh, and where do you want to go?

"Yeah, she can," whispered Light Vengeance, not wanting Monarra to hear. A little louder, he said "Why don't we go to The Slums?" He forgot what he knew about it, and when he remembered, he wished he could grab his words back and shove them down his throat. He didn't think anyone else would want to go there though, and no one paid much attention about what he said. He sighed, before remembering something else. "How about the Craiss Caverns?"  

[1,1,1]
ImageImageImage

When there is no hope, what else is there to do?
Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Which way, oh which way? (Self RP)

Postby Aetheris » 02/14/2010 3:12 AM

"Craiss Caverns!" repeated Renae. "Why would you want to go there? Even if we were meant to explore something new, why there?" Wait, she all of a sudden thought. I quite like caverns. And it sounds like a fun place to explore.She leapt off the ground, and flew in a circle above her companions like she always did when she was thinking. The rays of the sun reflected off her golden body, causing a bright flash on the ground. Vengeance and Monarra both winced, before looking away. And as usual, Renae was completely oblivious to this.

Vengeance ignored Renae, before thinking aloud, loud enough for Renae to hear. "Some tales say some never returned. Don't you think that would be interesting to explore?" He smirked, wanting to explore it even more now.

Monarra started jumping around again, and by this time Renae had landed. "But don't you think it would be awesome if we saw an Akail? We might be able to convince it to join us and take it back to Aetheris!"

"Maybe," Renae said. "But what chance of seeing one do we have? And we haven't yet decided that we will go to the Craiss Caverns anyway."

[2,2,2]
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 02/14/2010 4:26 AM

"Monarra, if you want to see something different in Barakka apart from an Akail you could always go to The Slums--" Vengence started, before Monarra interrupted. "The Slums! That's too dangerous!" Renae joined in their conversation, not that she ever left it. "What about the Tengel Rainforest to see a Moonling? Although they do kind of creep me out, I still think they're cute." Vengence thought, then said "I guess we could go there as well. But I would rather explore Lambastia. We might go there when we're finished." Or I might go there when we're done, he thought. We'll spread out and look at a few more of the exits and then we'll decide where to go.

Monarra headed for the Town of Nabias. Hm... Nice town, but I prefer being away from buildings. Still looks nice, but anyway... She mad a mental note and studied it a bit more. Good for stocking up on supplies, hospital, seems like a good place for a human to start a journey. She walked back to the spot where they were to meet again and waited for the others.

Renae went to the bridge that lead to the Sekudui Farmlands. Don't really like farming, and farmers don't really like me, so I guess we won't go there. She hesitated when she thought of something to tell the others. I'll just tell them there are lots of farmlands. She flew back, and sat down beside Monarra.

Vengeance found himself walking to the bridge that lead to Lamenolai. He knew that the headquarters of the Purists was there, and decided not to take his companions there. He realised he needed an excuse, but he couldn't think of any. I'll just say it's dangerous there, he thought as he went back.

[3,3,3]
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 02/14/2010 5:11 PM

"So where did we go and what did we see?" Vengeance started. Monarra spoke first, excited about her discoveries. "I think it's called the Town of Nabias or something. It has good stuff there, and lots of stuff to stock up on, but I don't really like buildings." Renae listened, and the instant Monarra finished, she started. "I went to some farmlandy place over there," she pointed with her leg. "and there isn't much there for us except lots of farmlands. But I don't really like farmers," she finished.

Vengeance spoke last. He wasn't looking forward to speaking of what he saw, but it seemed everyone had an excuse not to go to the place they found. "I went to the bridge that lead to Lamenolai. It's too dangerous there," he lied. "So then, where are we going?" asked Monarra. Vengence had already decided what they were to do next. "We'll split up and explore some places you suggested first, Monarra, then we'll discuss that." The other two nodded, and they went to find a bridge to one of the locations.
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 02/17/2010 7:19 AM

After a while of talking and discussing, it had finally been decided. They would go to Baian Swamp, for a change of scenery. They wanted to visit somewhere different, see what it was like. They found the right bridge and headed across it.
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate