The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

Old Friend {Self,M:A,L,V,G?}

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:41 PM

( Elijah, human form. This takes place about a year ago. SUICIDE WARNING. )

The boat to Nabias would be coming into harbour by sunrise. But for the past few days, it had felt both like endless years and a mere blink to Elijah. He barely remembered the trip from the northern continent, the sombre faces of his travelling companions as they all went their separate ways after their party leader’s far, far too early departure. Bradford Dill, enthusiastic explorer, possible madman, and dear friend to them all, was left behind with a band of straggling giants. A smear on their weapons. Had there have been anything they could have done to slip him out of harm’s way? Well, nobody had thought of one in time.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: Old Friend {Self,M:L,V,G?}

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:43 PM

And so that was how the band of explorers had split up. At least, it was on Eli’s part. Brad’s death left a bitter after taste in his mouth and a stinging familiarity in his chest. It made him tired. Exhausted. And yet ever since he’d arrived at the small docking town far east of Jawan, he hadn’t slept. It wasn’t until someone in the tavern mentioned it being Wednesday that he realised just how much time had passed. Hopefully, it wasn’t the next Wednesday. More than a whole week of just staring blankly at his surroundings would, not only be unrealistic, but incredibly awkward.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:44 PM

After what felt like ages, the rogue pushed himself up to his feet, paying little mind as he bumped the table and snatched the back of his chair before it could clatter on the floor. He was in no state or mood to check his movements. Tucking the chair in halfway, he strode out of the inn with his pack of belongings slung over a shoulder. It was only sundown, but apparently his mind had grown bored of staring at the walls, and now wanted to stare at the outside walls. The harbour was close to fully repaired after a horrid storm, albeit much of the ground was still soggy from flood water. But from what he’d heard, this was a vast improvement.

He’d just take their word on that.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:47 PM

There wasn’t much to see in the harbour, and there wasn’t much to walk by. Heeding locals’ advice and not wandering outside the town’s parameters, Eli was left with a small space to meander about compared to the winding streets of one of the more well known cities, and even less than the many lands he’d ventured with his former colleagues. His head was kept bowed, and he watched the pattern of his footsteps with a vengeance, not wanting to make eye contact or regard the fact that other people even existed. He passed the same lamppost for the sixth time as night fell over Nssylai.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:49 PM

Splish, splosh, the sound of footsteps on mucky earth drew Eli from his mild daze. Just in time for an arm to clamp around his shoulders and to feel the tip of a blade press against his cheek. “Let’s see wo’ you’ve got in yer bags, traveller,” hissed the thief holding him, his breath foul and the rest of his smell little better-- but Eli was barely paying attention to that so much as to where he was. Ahh, yes. Between a cluster of willow trees and the stone wall protecting its inhabitants.

Which meant no one would be close enough to hear the commotion.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:51 PM

A guttural sound rose in the back of his throat as he easily twisted out of the thief’s grasp–- clearly an amateur-– and elbowed him hard in the face before pinning him to the damp wall. The weapon the sod held, which appeared to be a simple kitchen knife, was flung into the dark. That was fine.

Eli drew his own blade out, dragging the edge of the dagger across the man’s cheek to demonstrate what was in store for him. “Bad choice there, mate,” Eli whispered, an almost sing-song tone to his words, and a smirk tweaking at the corners of his lips. “Bad choice.”

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:53 PM

“P-please don’t,” sobbed the would-have-been thief, face contorted in an ugly whimper as his struggling proved to be even less than futile. “I’ll, I’ll do anyfin’ good sir jus’ please don’t kill me!”

The rest of his pleas were choked off as Lijah pressed his forearm nice and snug against his throat. “First, you’ll keep yer warblin’ down, ya got that?” The man seemed to take the low growled threat to heart, as he even ceased to try and gasp for air, and simply nodded his head up and down like some broken toy. He didn’t release the thief right away. He clearly needed a lesson in picking his targets.

… For once, it felt nice to be the teacher.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:55 PM

It was that very thought, the very flash of memories of the past life he'd experienced, that made Eli pull his arm away and let the man land clumsily back onto his feet. “Get out of my sight an’ stay out of my sight,” he spat under his breath at the poor coughing urchin. Still nodding, his assailant didn't bother standing before he stumbled away into the darkness. No bother with finding that old kitchen knife, so long as he got away from Eli quickly.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:57 PM

Silence filled the air as panic festered inside of Eli. What had just happened? He’d just nearly killed someone! How many times, how many promises had he made to himself and to others that he would change? His hand ran down his face as he tried to get his breathing in control. The image of his brothers, his sister, his friend Riley, and the friend he'd once loved dear-- the friend he'd brutally killed-- Griffin... How many more of those promises would he break…

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 2:59 PM

As if he were the one that had just been strangled, he staggered in a woozy line to weave around the edge of the wall, sneaking past a couple guards to the shore just outside the town. Bag still hanging over his shoulder and dagger held in a loathsome grasp, he stared across the sea, a vast blackness that didn’t seem to end. Like many times before, a certain urge grew that made him want to dive into it and never come up to the surface again. You couldn’t break the promise of death.

Sucking in a sharp breath, he brought the blade of his dagger up to his throat, like he'd done many times before. But like those many times, he eventually dragged the knife away from himself, letting it hang heavy at his side.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/03/2017 3:00 PM

Slowly, his gaze wandered down to his dagger, head lilting to the side. He ran his thumb over the hilt. In the back of his head, he could hear Griffin, Knox, Mark’s voices, urging him to keep it. Don’t throw it away. It’s all you are, it’s all you can be. Why try getting rid of what you can’t? You’ll just go back, you’ll always go back…

He threw the dagger into the gaping waters with all his might. The soft plunk felt like the heaviest weight being lifted off his shoulders. “Farewell, old friend,” he murmured, turning away. With one last look shot towards where the blade was surely sinking, he scowled, and headed back to the harbour. “May we never cross paths ever again.”

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer