The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

Twelve Days Advent Calendar [2021 Event!]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2021 1:00 AM

12 Days Advent Calendar

Things had been quiet. Too quiet.

That was interrupted by a voice, however, desperately calling out your name. As you peered around, seeking out the source of said voice, your eyes landed on a Kuhna wearing a bow that reasonably matched its colorful coat sitting at your feet. In its mouth, it held a minty green envelope with your name written on it in elegant script. You reach for envelope, finding an invitation inside. Though, when you glance back toward the one responsible for delivering it, the Kuhna had seemingly vanished.

The invitations were all delivered, everyone was invited, and anyone that sought it out or needed to find it would most certainly find themselves standing before the Quest Master's tavern.

Things had gotten even more out of hand than the year before it, however, and the tavern no longer appeared to be a tavern, but a grand mansion estate fit for the aristocratic elite.

Even so, the magical transformation into a mansion did not prevent the Quest Master from greeting guests at the grand entrance doors.

"Welcome! Welcome! Please do come in!" They said, giving a sweeping gesture toward the inside. "And enjoy this year's celebration!"

The host had spared no expense, all of the festive decorations were refined and elegant, but, perhaps, a little over the top. Of course, all of the lights twisted and hung all over the mansion's interior twinkled and sparkled brilliantly. There was more than one ice sculpture used as table center pieces, and well over a dozen finely decorated Christmas trees.

As per usual, the refreshments offered were not lacking in anyway. Many of the traditional treats were offered, from egg nog and gingerbread cookies, but many otherwise expensive appetizers, treats, and drinks were served alongside them.

Perhaps the most unique aspect of the party were the grand dressing rooms set up within a smaller room that branched off from the main celebration hall, which allowed guests to borrow different outfits, spanning from beautiful evening wear to ugly Christmas sweaters, in the spirit of being especially festive.

One wall, of course, was decorated with giant giftboxes that had been thoroughly secured there, each with gold or silver glittering ribbon. They were numbered one through twelve in the familiar fashion, and a sign read Advent Calendar.

"Once a day, we're giving out prizes to all the wonderful guests that attend our little celebration here," the Quest Master explains. "Would you care to claim a prize for today?"

Rules and Information

+ For every day from the 15th to the 26th (Evelon calendar days), users may post here and earn a secret prize for each day that they post. If you miss a day, sorry, you miss out on the prize for that day.

+ Posts for one day may be made up to 11:59 PM (23:59) EST. If it is made after that, it counts for the following day, if a prize is to be awarded that day.

+ Posts MUST be roleplayed here and, since this is a minor event, there is a 75 word count minimum for each post. If you don't meet the minimum, sorry, your post wont be counted for that day.

+ The prizes may be revealed daily, but will be delivered once the event is over.

Advent Calendar Days

[12/15]

ImageImageImage
[Random Baby Doom Kitty]

[12/16]

[Divine Fragment]

[12/17]

ImageImageImage
[Random Fedora Toy]

[12/18]

[Divine Fragment]

[12/19]

[Celestial Mist]

[12/20]

ImageImageImage
[Random Baby Doom Kitty]

[12/21]

[Rusty Kuhna Room Key]

[12/22]

[Divine Fragment]

[12/23]

[Palette Potion]

[12/24]

[Holiday Star]

[12/25]

ImageImageImage
[Random Baby Doom Kitty]

[12/26]

ImageImageImage

[Random 2021 Giftbox]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Twelve Days Advent Calendar [2021 Event!]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/15/2021 3:43 AM

Rheese beamed at the sight of the gorgeous mansion, decked out for the holidays in glistening baubles and twinkling lights as far as the eye could see.

She sipped the eggnog she had been handed, carefully avoiding spilling any lest it drip on the dress she had borrowed for the evening, having been unable to resist its soft, caramel-coloured fabric and faux fur off-the-shoulder collar.

The glittering ribbon caught her eye, and she carefully meandered across the room, dancing gracefully away whenever someone came within range of bumping into her, until at last she came to stand before the wall of boxes, eager to find out what was inside the one marked '12'.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/15/2021 1:17 PM

ImageImage
Xyshari. Lana.

It was no surprise to the women when their names were called, the invitation delivered, and the mysterious messenger vanished - this was far from the first time they had attended this particular festivity, and were quite looking forward to it, despite the rough year that they'd had. They'd made arrangements with Theron, Senya, and Arcann to ensure that the triplets would be supervised (and, if Xyshari was completely honest with her wife, she was mildly concerned about how eager Theron had been in agreeing to the whole matter - not that Senya and Arcann hadn't agreed, but Theron usually grumbled. This time, he was unusually civil about it).

What was a surprise to the women was the mansion in place of the usual tavern.

"This certainly is a rather grand affair this year," Lana remarked to the Quest Master as she and Xyshari walked inside, looking at the grand estate. "Shall we see what the dressing rooms have to offer, or shall we see to the treats first?"

"Refreshments first, definitely," Xyshari said, making a beeline to the eggnog and grabbing two glasses for her and Lana.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 12/15/2021 4:45 PM

The Diosol had not been invited, exactly, but nonetheless he knew of the place. So now here he was, drifting among the decorations and giftboxes and quietly observing. Most people probably wouldn't even notice him, and even if they did they were unlikely to see the halo hovering behind him.

"Will this be the year?" he murmured to himself as he picked up a cup of hot chocolate in his forepaws. He sipped at it as he floated casually into the dressing room. He might as well take advantage of what they had been provided.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/15/2021 6:23 PM

Celtic gave a little shiver as she approached the mansion/ tavern place. What was she even doing here? Her heart was beating fast, and she kept glancing around nervously. She didn't know who was going to show up here-- what if she didn't know anyone and she was left all alone in the corner, feeling lost and awkward?

She chided herself softly for thinking those thoughts. "You know that almost never happens. You're liked. You're good with strangers. It'll be okay. Promise." Weird she had to comfort herself like she was two people, but it worked and that's all that mattered. She could do this, she'd been to tons of parties before. They were all fun. She could do this.

Her hands fussed with her hair, twirling and swishing it about as she steeled her nerves to go inside. What if she was overdressed? What if she was underdressed? She had gone with what she would describe as 'chill, cocktail" vibes. A short velvet-ish black skirt with a slit, sheer black tights, an ice blue billowing sleeved blouse and a wool coat.

This anxiety would get her nowhere. She should just go in and the anxiety would melt away. Hopefully. A final deep breath and her legs finally moved and before she knew it she was smiling at the greeters, other guests and flitting around the room, taking in all the glory of the party.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/15/2021 8:10 PM

Mary didn't normally "do" Christmas. If you couldn't tell by looking at her--what with the red-and-black fur, the dark wisps the skulked along in her wake, and the fact that her laugh could be best described as a "cackle"--she was more of a Halloween gal.

But she'd heard something about the Advent Calendar this year being some sort of fancy dress ball? And dressing up WAS rather Halloweeny... and, while she'd never publicly admit it, she'd always had a fondness for those period dramas where everyone said snarky things to one another while wearing fabulous gowns.

So, she didn't... tell her friends, exactly, that she was coming. She said she was going out, but then she stole down to the tavern-slash-manor downright furitively. And as soon as she arrived, she ducked into a dressing room.

And while she was tempted by the Krampus outfit, she caught a glimpse of ivory lace out of the corner of her eye, and her fate was sealed.

No one would recognize her behind the plumed masquerade mask anyway.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/15/2021 8:40 PM

The invitation's arrival was no surprise- it actually appeared with several more of its kin, each as bland and formal as the next- but it did catch his attention more than most. That likely surprised Wyatt more than anyone; he normally hated these sorts of things, especially the ones that felt the need to presume and invite strangers just by their name. But this one felt... different. He wasn't sure if it was something concrete or just a feeling, but either way, he was here.

"Well, this certainly is different," Wyatt muttered, lifting a cookie from its place with all the care he would some fancy hors d'oeuvre. The sweets even tasted better, somehow. And there were gifts just for attending, too? The organizer certainly was something, he had to admit.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/15/2021 9:04 PM

ImageImage
Jigen Daisuke | Goemon Ishikawa XIII
[#0040BF] [#8b88c7]

"A cat?"

Jigen tried to take the earnest samurai seriously most of the time. Really, he did. But even he, steel-faced sniper that he was, couldn't hide his growing smirk beneath the shadow of his hat. Goemon seemed particularly irate over it, though it only really showed in a stony grimace in the gunman's direction from his spot in the front seat.

"Yes. A cat. It had this invitation in its mouth... and it placed it at my feet," Goemon murmured, itching his thumbnail at Zantetsuken's hilt. "It... it held all of our names. All four of ours, as you saw, and... I really can't help but wonder if this is some sort of trap."

"It's fanciful enough to have Zenigata's fingerprints on it, but he doesn't usually take much interest in little old us. Lupin's usually the only prize. I'm touched," Jigen mused, fishing an old, half-smoked cigarette out of the ashtray. "I cave Lup a call. Dunno if he'll get it."

"Last I heard, he was with Fujiko in Venice again," Goemon muttered with a small edge of wistfulness, and Jigen raised a brow, tilting his head back to leer at the samurai from the shadow of the brim.

"What, am I no fun?"

Goemon bristled slightly, embarrassment running his face red, and he shook his head with a hand raised in peace. "If I had to choose anyone to be stuck in the Fiat with for hours, it would be you, a thousand times over." Jigen let out a cackle around his cigarette at the other man's earnestness.

It seemed that their hours were about up. Not because they had arrived at their destination, on the contrary... because all of a sudden, the little yellow buggy of a car let out a horrible belch of smoke, and both men stiffened ramrod straight in shock as it began to putter to a stop on the side of the road.

The sound of Jigen's curse echoing sharp across the abandoned highway could probably be heard for miles.

ImageImage
Fujiko Mine | Arsène Lupin III
[#43bcb4] [#BF0000]

The mansion was impressive. Impressive, and it tingled the back of Lupin's neck something fierce, in the way that only a grand treasure trove of wealth and mystery could. It was worth letting Fujiko doll him up for the occasion (though really, he rarely needed much convincing), and he felt quite ready for crashing a fancy party, in a pressed red suit and bright white tie, a shriek of red lipstick lighting up his smile far more than usual. And Fujiko herself in a lip shade to match was a radiant thing draped in luxurious white fur, over a tight red dress that Lupin was quite sure housed more than a few guns, strapped to parts unknown.

Oh, this was truly the best Christmas present he could've ever received. Finally... finally, they were working together on a heist...! And as long as the other guys didn't know, well... then this little private date of theirs would go off without a hitch.

[Day 1]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2021 11:37 PM

Image Image

Two of the handful of messenger Kuhnas weaved through the gathering crowd one after another, until they both had made their way over to the Quest Master.

"All of the invitations have been delivered!" The Kindling Kuhna cheerfully reported to the host of the grand event, a very humanesque smile on her feline face.

"I can't believe you made us your deliverymen this year!" The Brightlights Kuhna complained, not at all looking pleased by the task he had been given. "Why didn't you just use your own magic?"

"But I did use my own magic to deliver them, didn't I?" In spite of one of the Kuhna's complaints, the Quest Master gave them an appreciative smile. "Everyone has work to do for our party, but thank you for your assistance, my dears. Why don't you all sit back and enjoy the party now?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/15/2021 11:46 PM

So, this was technically unethical. Maybe not even technically; there was probably some clause in her Wilson delivery service contract that said something like thou shalt not steal packages, in between thou shalt not read other people's mail and thou shalt not covet thy neighbors' delicious-looking stamps. But if you were to ask her, though, she'd point out that waste was also a cardinal sin - and besides, it wasn't like she could deliver the invitation, anyways. The recipient was dead.

So, she'd decided to show up in their stead. Out of the graciousness of her heart, of course. It wasn't like she'd ever heard stories about the mysterious Quest Master's holiday parties or fantasized about receiving an invitation to one herself, after all.
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby crow » 12/16/2021 12:25 AM

ImageImage

"Now," said Senah, "behave." She had her arms crosssed, standing before the entrance as though she might bar his way in. Not that she could have, not if he really wanted to get past her -- he was faster, and he knew she wouldn't see it coming if he feinted and then darted around the other way -- but Koh'a still made a show of going wide-eyed with surprise.

"Me?" he said, blinking innocently.

Her frown deepened. "Yes, you. Don't think I've forgotten the spectacle you made of yourself at our last dinner party."

Koh'a grinned. "Well, that was a party to celebrate me, was it not? I had to play the hero."

"You played the fool, Koh'a. I didn't even know you could do that with a roast bird..." Senah pinched the bridge of her nose, grimacing at the memory of it. "At least promise me you'll stay sober tonight."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/16/2021 12:36 AM

He stepped inside the mansion relatively unnoticed; the host had been busy welcoming some other guests when he decided to slip inside. He was only here for the good stuff. No need for pleasantries or politeness.

Besides the free gifts this place would hand out, this mansion looked like a real treasure vault that was right out in the open. With so many guests, and with the inevitable nature of large parties, he was convinced that he would be able to nab a few things for himself in this place. Surely, no one would notice if a chandelier or a lamp went missing, would they? If he had to guess, he'd say there were most likely a good few hundreds of those things in this mansion.

For now, he would play it safe. He hung out by the food, enjoying it quietly as his eye caught sight of something...interesting. Were those costumes that people could put on?

No one would recognize him.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Jaden Wolf » 12/16/2021 12:52 AM

They were here. At the party in the strange mansion place. Who were they? How did they know about the party? Who knows. They certainly weren’t invited, nor had anyone told them about it. Most people who knew they existed weren’t entirely sure they...actually existed.

Sure enough, they were here though. A being dressed in garishly mismatched Christmas Colors. Some people seemed to notice, but others did not. It was not entirely clear if those people just didn’t notice or if they couldn’t see the strange being at all. Case in point, the being skipped their way across the room, right through a fella or two like they were made of air.

More to the point, could a being that may or may not even exist even get one of the gifts this place was known for?
You can pretend that when you hear my voice, darling, it's your choice not to fall in.

But it's all an act, 'cause I know exactly what you're wanting. You know it's what I'm wanting

Boy I know what you desire, oh, you're such a bad, bad liar

This could be perfection, or venom dripping in your mouth

Singing like a Siren, love me while your wrists are bound

Jaden Wolf
Ultimate Specialist
Ultimate Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 319
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/16/2021 12:55 AM

Image Image

Now this definitely wasn't the first time that the little kuhna duo had ever been inside of the Quest Master's unique tavern, but this was certainly the first time they'd actually been personally invited. It also was not the only thing different about the occasion, for wouldn't you know it, Kassia still hadn't gotten herself back into her original form just yet. Neither of the two had been able to figure out why either.

Their actual arrival to the tavern, however, was not an immediate one, for there was this one tiny issue.

"Whuuut exactly is this?" Kassia questioned with a look of confusion on her face, staring down at the lightly colored envelope now held in her still very human hands. It was something that she was only faintly familiar with, as it resembled a lot of other bits of paper she'd come across either in possession of other humans, or even just laying strewn about on the streets. There was something on it as well, but the scribbles held no actual meaning beyond being something that humans liked to look at for reasons unknown to her.

Sitting nearby, Bacca was also giving the item a long suspicious stare, before concluding that it was harmless enough and shrugged in response. "No clue. Whoever that was earlier seems to be gone now too, so they won't be much help to us either." The real concerning part was how in the world that strange kuhna even knew their names, and along with how they just completely vanished somehow... If it weren't for the faint traces of their scent still lingering, the pair likely would've thought they imagined their existence entirely.

"...Eh. Guess we may as well hold on to it for a bit, since they went to the trouble of bringing it."  They hadn't been sure of what to do with it at first, but Kassia eventually decided to stuff it inside a pocket on her ratty sweater for now, before straightening up and continuing to walk down the street. Taking no apparent issue with this, Bacca followed after her.

[Day 1]

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 12/16/2021 12:57 AM

Riley had to admit, he was a bit confused when he had initially received the invitation. First and foremost because an unfamiliar voice had called out his name, there was the envelope, and then nothing. It left him suspicious and uncomfortable. He had heard rumors of the Quest Master before but did not know them and assumed the being did not know him. Hoped, even. He wasn't sure how comfortable he was with strange, unknown entities knowing his location whenever they fancied, but he supposed there was nothing to be done about that.

He was surprised by the mansion's appearance, he thought this Quest Master had a tavern? Though he had also heard they were eccentric and prone to grand magical gestures when the fancy took them. Nonetheless, he quickly found something to his tastes. A high collared, deep green robe with golden accents and inner lining, with pants to match. The front possessed golden asymmetrical buttons down the right side and came down to about groin height, while the back went to the floor and trailed behind like a train. The entire thing was accented with golden floral patterns.

Finally, Riley made his way to the boxes after grabbing a glass of eggnog, curious to see what was inside. Curious to see what this was all about.

There's a reckoning a-coming
It burns beyond the grave
There's lead inside my belly
Cause my soul has lost its way

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 768
Donate

Next