The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

Re: Twelve Days Advent Calendar [2021 Event!]

Postby Firetra » 12/22/2021 8:52 PM

ImageImage

The two returned to the main hall, Kai's dress flowing behind her, shimmering with reds and golds as the lights above them reflected against it's surface. Arean, meanwhile, struggled to maintain a small smile on his face. He eventually gave up and let his face slip into one of boredom. As they walked further into the room, the band started to pick up and soon a waltz was in the air.

"Oh no." Arean said, his face becoming a bit more pale than usual. He quickly glanced at his wife who grinned and put out her hand for him to take.

"My good sir, would you please join me for this dance?" She said with a smug smile, she knew Arean hated to dance, but this opportunity was too good to pass up.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2021 10:49 PM

ImageImage
(Shoto/Imari)

Imari drug her husband by his hand into the mansion with a giggle. Winter time was her favorite time of year and she wanted to celebrate it with her husband. Shoto followed her into the place with a doopy smile on his face.

They had only recently gotten married and he still felt butterflies whenever Imari was close to him.

She immediately lead him onto the dance floor and he took her other hand as they began to dance freely without a care in the world.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2021 11:43 PM

ImageImage

"Here, you should try one of these," Aria said, as she gently used metal tongs to place a small sweet treat on her brother's plate.

"Hm. Thanks," he replied, looking at what she had given him. "But I probably have more than a enough now."

The twin siblings were standing before one of the tables filled with all sorts of sweet treats, each with a plate well stacked with a variety of goodies.

"Have you seen anything too strange?" Ace inquired.

Aria shook her head in response. "How about you?"

"Nothing really."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/23/2021 12:04 AM

Why was it...that no one had noticed them yet? Who were these peasants to not recognize them upon their entrance into this mansion? Something truly had to be wrong. Were these people already drunk? Were they solely lacking education and therefore, did not know of them? Oh, how sad.

Despite the fact they assumed the food could not match the fine cuisine they were used to, they assumed they could be the better person and try it regardless. They expected it to be bland and positively gorged with fat, calories, carbohydrates...disgusting.

But as they approached the table, and just as they were about to put a bite into their mouth... a voice. They heard a voice.

They heard a very familiar voice.
ImageImage
Two individuals, dressed rather professionally, were looking over the food at another table. One of them seemed pensive as he looked over all the choices, but the other seemed positively pleased by the selection. "Shaindel, look here!" She took a small paper and offered the little round meat wrapped in a flaky pastry skin. "Pigs in a blanket...So cheap, but a guilty pleasure regardless!"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/23/2021 12:25 AM

Nothing? Nothing at all? What else was he supposed to do, then, if there was no place to start? He tapped back a message with a frown.

You sure?

Yeah just
Enjoy yourself
Make some friends idk

He sighed, annoyed, as he scanned the crowd. Nothing here seemed suspicious, just... off. Most of the people here were all normal from what he can tell. Except maybe that one, but, nevermind. He shouldn't be so bothered like this. And besides, if this was related to him, specifically, he likely would have been put on the spot already.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby crow » 12/23/2021 12:28 AM

ImageImage

But, sooner than Koh'a had hoped, Senah's expression shifted to one of resignation. "I suppose I know better than to try and ask you to uphold the dignity of your reputation," she said.

Koh'a laughed, slightly rueful. "It takes the fun out of it if you just give in," he said.

Senah inclined her head slightly. "I know," she said. "In that sense you're not really much different from a schoolground bully. Once they stop getting a rise out of you..." With a shrug, she glanced toward the party proper, then back at Koh'a. "Are you really going to spend the entire night in that sweater?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 12/23/2021 12:39 AM

Riley had been quietly watching people gather in the main room for some time now, probably a good half hour. But as time went on, the more he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up. Something didn't feel right.

He felt watched. Not people watching, like he was doing. It felt like someone was looking specifically at him.

Riley tried to ignore it until he couldn't anymore. Maybe...maybe if he moved. He knew there were other rooms in the mansion, presumably with smaller crowds and other activities. At the very least he would feel more comfortable with a smaller crowd and it would reduce the hiding places available for whoever was watching him. So he stood up from his cozy little nook and began walking towards a hallway leading away from the main party.

He couldn't wait to explore this place.

There's a reckoning a-coming
It burns beyond the grave
There's lead inside my belly
Cause my soul has lost its way

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 773
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/23/2021 12:52 AM

This wasn't the first time he'd been invited to the Quest Master's holiday party, and he hoped very much that it would not be the last. He had been a bit surprised, in fact, when he'd gotten his second invitation, seeing as he had done absolutely nothing of note at the previous one - he hadn't even worked up the courage to approach the Quest Master and thank them for the invitation! - but he supposed that with the scale of the event, he wasn't expected to do much but show up and enjoy himself.

That was his plan, this time around. Last time, he had been so incredibly nervous; he'd worried about embarrassing himself, he'd worried about embarrassing the people around him, he'd worried about wearing the wrong things or eating the wrong things or saying the wrong things. He'd hoped to come back with ideas for how to improve his own business, and he'd barely managed to touch on that because he was too busy sweating bucket.

This time, he'd just take things in stride. One thing at a time, one breath at a time.
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/23/2021 12:56 AM

Image Image

Now it was Bacca's turn to have huge eyes, but obviously for a completely different reason. Where Kassia had done it out of wonder, his was a look of terror. Ears were flattened against his head, fur was starting to stand on end, and he made no sudden moves, remaining as still as a statue.

"Kass... Get up already...! We have to get out of here...!" He tried to mew as quietly and subtly as possible to his friend, who was now in the process of picking herself back up. "Owie..." The girl grumbled to herself as she started to nurse her now sore nose. It wasn't feeling too great, and she was embarrassed about having fallen like that. Normally she was so much better about landing more gracefully! Y'know... when she was still a cat.

[Day 8]

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 12/23/2021 10:43 AM

The Werebetta let out a groan as he realized the question he'd been hit with. Of course he enjoyed his companion's company! As much as he groaned about their common nature tying them together, it wasn't as if he couldn't just ignore the pull of the bond most of the time.

But damnit, the Diosol was good company. No matter how hard he tried to be professional or serious about it, he always had a way of poking at things that drew him out.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/23/2021 11:08 AM

ImageImage
Xyshari. Lana.

"It certainly isn't," Xyshari said with a chuckle, looking around the room around them. "Can you imagine what some people could do if they had the Quest Master's powers?"

"I'm not sure I want to," Lana said. "Some people might use it for nefarious ends."

"Like the Emperor," Xyshari said with a nod as she looked around. "And he definitely could have, if he wanted to... but maybe, because he was trapped in my mind, he didn't have that power anymore, and that's why he tried so hard to break me."

"Perhaps," Lana said, looking down and away from Xyshari for a moment. "That moment was..."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/23/2021 8:03 PM

Rheese arrived flustered but happy, waving merrily as she stepped through the door.

She hadn't planned to come tonight, but her friend had begged her to take her place as she had another event to attend and didn't want to let the invitation go to waste, so here she was after all.

A tall glass of something pink and bubbly was pressed into her hand by a smiling waitress, and she waved her thanks as she wound her way further into the crowd, stopping only to check out how many remained closed in the row of brightly-wrapped boxes on the wall.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/23/2021 8:21 PM

ImageImage

Kai dragged Arean out onto the floor, causing him to stumble as he was forcibly pulled from the edge of the crowd. "Hey, wait! Stop pulling so hard!" He said to his wife, still trying to catch himself from falling.

"I wouldn't have to pull so hard if I knew you would take any opportunity to escape!" She said with a smile brimming across her face. "Now here," she said, twirling him in place and grabbing his hand. "Put your right hand here, and hold your other hand out like so." She said, guiding the placement of his hands and feet. "And now, we waltz!" She said with her gorgeous smile.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/23/2021 9:39 PM

ImageImage

"So, how is it?" A man asked, glancing toward the winged, two tailed feline that walked beside him as they navigated through the party crowd.

The Kuhna, too, looked at up at the man briefly, its two tails swaying back and forth as it gave the question some thought. "A little... odd," it admitted. "Who would ever think that an entire ship would fit inside the mansion and attend the party?" It was a truly unbelievable thought.

But that was what Spirit was, a ship, and the form it took now was a physical manifestation of its very soul. Meanwhile, the ship was truly stashed behind the mansion.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/23/2021 11:06 PM

The crowd moved around him, but no one seemed to notice him. Dancers kept on dancing, friends and associates and partners kept chatting, and no one approached him. With or without the mask, he barely seemed to exist to the rest of them. He should feel lonely, but he didn't. Now, he was realizing how much of a gift this might actually be.

Wyatt reached for his phone again, this time with a smile on his face:

I should have brought you with me after all. At least I would have someone to talk with.

I said make some friends

You know that's not easy for me.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate