The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

Re: Twelve Days Advent Calendar [2021 Event!]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/26/2021 9:14 PM

It was the final day of the twelve day long celebration, therefore, the Quest Master, with a microphone in hand, ascended to the top of the grand staircase. Their outfit had become an eye-catching purple suit with black and mint green accents. Their black cloak was loose, revealing the outfit beneath, and the hood that was worn down was lined in faux fur matching the minty accents of the suit.

The music soon came to a stop, the crowd gradually grew silent, allowing the Quest Master to begin.
"As today is the last day of this year's celebration, I wanted to thank you all for coming. I have been delighted to see some familiar faces this year, but am just as delighted to see some fresh faces in the crowd, as well. I hope you all have enjoyed your time with us here, and will continue to do so for the rest of the evening! There is still plenty of food and drink to be had!"

At that time, many of the staff arrived on the steps of the staircase as well, Faceless, the bartender, the woman tending to the dressing rooms, and more. All at once, they shouted, some more enthusiastically than others, "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!"

"Do not forget your gifts on your way out! Though, if you do, don't worry, we'll still have them delivered to you!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 12/26/2021 9:58 PM

The two watched as the energy of the season swirled around them, building and building-and then faded.

"Huh," muttered the Werebetta. "Was that all?"

The Diosol sniffed the air again, frowning. "I think our timing was off," he said at last. "The moment is past, and yet is is not."

"I hate it when you get all riddley," muttered the Werebetta.

"Honestly, this isn't even a riddle. I'm just as confused as you..." replied the Diosol, a slight frown finally appearing on his face.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/26/2021 10:11 PM

Well, that little "conversation" hadn't accomplished anything. They had found out their old rich acquaintance had certainly changed, and for the worst. Most likely because of the influence from that...what was he, some sort of attorney? How ridiculous. Sure, they could respect the profession, their acquaintance had earned her riches from her father, also an attorney. But that one...he was just a peasant. A commoner. A poor man mingling with high society.

So they had opted to leave. There was no point in trying to reason with them. She was so...they couldn't understand what she saw in him. What a disgrace.

"Well, it may be worthless, but I shall accept," they mumbled as they took their gifts. Small items with no value, they assumed, but they ought to take them, just to be polite.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/26/2021 10:25 PM

So it was the end of the celebration, then. A pity that such things had to end - but everything comes to its end as it must.

He flitted through what remained of the party as the participants slowly left; first, the ones who had other things to do, then the ones who were tired and wanted to go home, then the last few ushered out with kind words and friendly smiles. He would not be the last to leave, of course, but he wanted to savor the tender feel of parting, the taste of goodbyes.
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby crow » 12/27/2021 12:28 AM

ImageImage

Koh'a shrugged, though he glanced up at the ceiling in a slightly exaggerated show of thinking over her question, rather than meeting her gaze. "Well," he said, "do you?" She had, after all, left her own family behind to go traveling with him.

The difference was that it had been a choice for her, that she had been almost desperate for it at the time. For Koh'a... Well, she wasn't wrong that he drank to cope with it. He still did sometimes.

He didn't know if she would give him an out from this, but eventually she sighed. "Dad writes when he remembers to. Mom doesn't, you know, because she's so busy. The trouble is that the twins write me almost every week, and they always expect a response, and I get an earful in the next missive if they don't get one."

"It would be an eyeful, wouldn't it?" said Koh'a, the grin resting easier on his features now.

"Ugh," said Senah.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/27/2021 12:34 AM

The host's address made him look up even as his phone buzzed in his hand. So he was right, and the evening was nearly at an end. And with all the food still carefully arranged on the tables, Wyatt was sure they wouldn't mind a little help clearing it away.

Make sure it's not all sweets

Right, got it. He approached the table and did his best to find someone who worked here. Maybe one of those helpful little Kuhnas from before... All he needed was some kind of take-away box and five minutes to fill it with finger food, and he would be on his way.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/27/2021 12:56 AM

Amala had indeed managed to find her way to this lovely holiday party, and happily made herself at home all throughout it with the various activities, of course including partaking heavily in the delicious food closer to the end of it, though there had been lots of light snacking in between everything else. She had gotten so wrapped in enjoying herself, she would be caught a little off guard by the sudden momentary lull in activity as a speech was made to formally conclude the festivities.

Once all was said and done, she couldn't help but spot something new enter the scene in the corner of her eye.

It was a rather familiar face, looking rather perturbed as they were scanning through the crowd for something. She knew immediately was they were looking for, and couldn't help but smile mischievously to herself.

Her presence would be noticed soon enough, and a knowing smile and wave would be directed towards the newest, and very late, arrival that was her dear grandchild. It looked like she was going to have a lot of explaining to do again, as those blue eyes of hers locked right onto Amala, and narrowed with exasperation.

[Day 12]

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/27/2021 12:56 AM

ImageImageImage
Jigen Daisuke | Goemon Ishikawa XIII | Arsène Lupin III
[#0040BF] [#8b88c7] [#BF0000]

"...So in short—"

"Too late."

"Shush, Jigen. In short, that's the whole story. S'far as I know it, anyway. Fuji really did most of the heavy lifting for the details of this one, said she wanted it to be a surprise for me. As a Christmas present, y'know?" Lupin beamed, rubbing a finger under his nose to a mostly nonplussed pair of samurai and gunman.

"Y... you just. Followed... Fujiko. Without knowing what was actually here," Goemon stammered out slowly, while Jigen began to shudder like a teapot.

"Well... it's a special occasion. You know, I just figured it'd be fun? To cut loose and not worry so much about—"

"You dumbass! You literal monkey-brained dumbass! You know you can't trust that woman! You know that!!" Jigen exclaimed, reaching for Lupin's lapels again only for the thief to dart expertly out of the way and nearly send Jigen flying into the snacks table, if not for Goemon's fast reflexes grabbing him by the back of his jacket and yanking him back a few steps. "It's the definition of insanity. It's literally insane. Doin' the same thing over and over, expecting something different. You're insane."

Lupin reached subtly for another danish, and took a sheepish bite, putting on his best sincere face to the sputtering man. "It's not very Christmas-spirit to distrust those dear to you, isn't it? After all, I trusted you both to show up."

"There's no friggin' way—"

"Jigen." Jigen paused, instantly recognizing the tone in Goemon's voice not as exasperation or irritation but... rather warning. Jigen's hand was moving towards his gun, and even Lupin's lackadaisical smile had turned colder, more calculating, his eyes darting around as all three thieves took a moment to listen for whatever Goemon had sensed. Seconds passed, with no differentiation in the din of noise that filled the room... and then, just as Jigen's ramrod straight spine began to loosen... there was a distant crash of glass with an explosion so sudden, it shook the glasses where they sat on the refreshments table—and a siren, piercingly loud, began to ring out across the mansion.

Fujiko Mine
[#43bcb4]

There was chaos. Jigen was spilling a litany of curses, keeping his gun tucked away so as not to cause a worse panic in the patrons fleeing every which way—and besides that... he had his suspicions. But as Goemon dashed towards the door, and Jigen followed, he turned around to spot Lupin running the other way, up the staircase. "Lup!! You—leave it! Leave her!"

"No way," Lupin grinned, leaping up the stairs on long legs, disappearing over the railing of the mezzanine. Sure as anything... he was promised treasure. He was going to get that treasure.

"Leave him," Goemon begged, pulling at Jigen's sleeve. He swore he could already hear sirens outside, but Jigen ripped his arm away.

"Like hell," he whispered, running up those stairs after the red-suited thief.

Goemon stared after the gunman, a bit frozen with disbelief, until a screaming patron knocked into him and nearly knocked him over. He hurriedly righted himself—and the woman, and directed her gently towards the door—and scowled at the staircase.

Well... they'd need a getaway car. Goemon rushed out the door, sneaking through the crowd of people trying to get out and to their cars, and spotted the Fiat right where they left it. He bolted to the front door and threw it open, only to realize far too late that it was dead. Right. Right. "Damn it!" Goemon barked, leaping back out of the car and scrambling back to the door, only to hear the deafening screech of tires roar across the parking lot as a handsome red Ferrari shrieked out from behind the mansion, a trail of red-brown hair flowing from the driver's seat as Fujiko made her clean escape... with two very frazzled men running after the car in varying states of breathlessness. Goemon's haste instantly depleted, as he simply walked towards the two with all of their panting and stumbling, his hands folding into his sleeves with a wry raise of his brow.

"I'm guessing... you didn't get anything?" he mused towards Lupin, who looked about ready to drop despite the loopy grin on his face.

"Not even a kiss. Ahh, that Fuji... she's a wiley one," he purred, halfway melting against Goemon as he leaned heavily against the taller man. Goemon looked over at Jigen, eyeing him with a smirk and a shrug. At least the gunman was too out of breath to shout any more abuse over it. "Well... maybe we can catch up with her. You lovely boys brought the Fiat, right? Where is she?"

Goemon sidestepped, letting Lupin stumble and hit the ground with a yelp, and reached over to give Jigen a bracing pat on the back. "Lupin! You've got cab faire, I'm sure?" Goemon chirped, a passive humor in his eyes now that all was said and done. Jigen, wiping his nose of dust from Fujiko's explosion, cracked a grin at the horrified look in Lupin's eyes.

"Better hurry, Lup. Bet the cops'll be here any minute. Start searchin' those pockets."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 12/27/2021 12:57 AM

The creature laughs lightly, a strange, slightly discordant sound. Something in how it vibrates in the ear is uncomfortable. It slowly, casually begins to circle around the boy, who fidgets nervously and watches cautiously. It is reminiscent of a cat toying with whatever poor little thing its caught to play with.

Luckily, it meant no harm at this moment. Didn't mean the nervous fear wasn't tasty.

"Who I am matters not, little one. Yes, I have been following you. Because you seem interesting."

There's a reckoning a-coming
It burns beyond the grave
There's lead inside my belly
Cause my soul has lost its way

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 773
Donate

Previous