The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

Dancing through the Night [Open]

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/02/2009 2:48 AM

Adele
Female
Level 1
sweet--friendly--gentle
--------------------------------------------------------------------
(Anyone's welcome to join.)

The Temple Yonyuu trotted down the Barrakan Bridge happily, looking about as she did.  She knew she had places to be, and she almost felt bad that she was blowing off poor Moskau like this, but she knew it had to be done.  He couldn't rely on her for support anymore.

Her eyes darted about happily as she studied the place.  It was lovely; much prettier than any other place she had been in quite some time.  Moskau would have loved it.  But she needed to stop thinking about her friend.  She couldn't let what little guilt she felt grow any bigger.  It would ruin her trip.  Lost in her thoughts, she trudged on, hoping to see some very nice sights as she passed them.
Zoo Pen | Wishlist | Eventually...

Birthday: November 9th
K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 184
Donate

Re: Dancing through the Night [Open]

Postby cmf25 » 01/02/2009 7:02 PM

Hydrokuhna

With the moon as her guiding light the young Hydrokuhna set out at a brisk pace. The night air was cold and her  warm breath danced about on the breeze as a milky white moist vapor. Aquamarine eyes dancing with excitement. Her paws hit th wooden planking silently as she walked along the bridge. Tonight she and her friend were going to have some fun. In the waters below she knew her friend was keeping pace easily. She would have loved to join the Kuni but the water was frigid to the touch.

Ahead she spotted a Yonyuu. It was silver in color with bright blue markings. She didn't reconize it's strange scent. She coudn't see the creatures face as it's back was turned to her. Puzzled Dreampaw made her approach stealthily so as to get a better look. The moon washed everything in cold silver light, making the Yonyuu ahead seem rather eerie.

"Hi there!"
Dreampaw said rather loudly from behind the winged wolf creature.(2)

Kuni

Yellow eyes peered out from the dark depths of the water below. They followed the shadow of paws on the dark wooden plankings above. She swam at an easy pace, not wanting to fall behind or pull far ahead. Minnowpaw traced her friend's paw steps wearily as they slowed and the Hydrokuhna was barely moving. She swam in excited circles and tension grew in the air like water vapor into clouds. (3)
This avatar came from http://www.neopets.com
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage
"The strength to survive." ~ Serrya

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/02/2009 8:15 PM

The clatter of hooves echoed throughout the night. Flames whipping around the creatures hooves, tails, and engulfing halfway up the beast's back. He trotted without a care in the world, slowly making his way towards the Yonyuu and the others he couldn't see at the moment. The bleached skull, which was adorn with a pair of antlers plus goat-like horns, made the poor thing look even more menacing. The ankh symbol that was tied to his right antler jangled as he continued his slow, but steady pace. In fact, the Kasuga had a friend, which, for the most part, was batting playfully at the cold flames which stopped around the center of his spine.

She was a happy little Fenling, bubbly and easily surprised. She also loved to meet new people, trying her best to befriend them. As she played with the orange flames, her ears twitched, as she caught the others scent. "Oh, Spoke," she said happily as she pushed herself up on to the top of his skull, in between the large goat horns, "Look, we can make friends now! Come on, you lazy old bag of bones, let's hurry before they get away from us." A snorting sound escaped the Kasuga's mouth as he did as he was told.

You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 137
Donate
Location: Hiding under my bed, wishing there were monsters....

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/03/2009 8:49 PM

Adele turned slowly at the voice, smiling at the little Hydrokuhna who had approached her.  She loved the prospect of having others around her; the air had been far too still.  "Well, hello there, child," she said in her sweet voice, not noticing the Kasuna and Fenling that were approaching farther behind.

K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/04/2009 11:26 AM

The hoof beats steadily getting louder and louder until the Kasuga, which the Fenling had noted to be called Spoke, was standing right behind The Yonyuu, eye-less sockets staring blankly down at her. The little Fenling pushed up on his head again, appearing in between those horns again. "Hello Yonyuu and Hydrokuhna," the little Fenling spoke, her voice excited, "I'm Mellow and this is Spoke, but he don't speak much. Anyways, what's your names?" She was a curious little thing, her head tilting to the side as she played with Spoke's ankh charm hanging on his antler.

Spoke lowered himself, until he was laying upon the wooden planks, so that little Mellow could get off of his back, which see did, jumping off of his head. Mellow pranced over to the Yonyuu and sat down beside her, trying to look as friendly as possible, while Spoke, the Kasuga, returned to a walking stance and looked over into the dark waters below.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/04/2009 3:40 PM

This time, when she heard the voices, she was startled and turned abruptly.  When she realized that the frightening beast covered in fire was accompanied but such a darling creature, she calmed down.  The Fenling asked her name and she smiled again.  "My name is Adele, and yours?" she asked sweetly, studying the Kasuga named Spoke warily.

K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/05/2009 12:19 PM

"Hello Adele, you may call me Mellow or Mell, it doesn't matter which. I go by both." she said, nodding her head lightly. The little orbs held in her tail lite up dimly as she said all of this, but once she looked over at Spoke, who still had his head hanging over the railing of the bridge, they quit glowing altogether. She pranced over to him, tails flowing smoothly behind her, poking her head through the lowest one, ears twitching. "What do you see?" she asked him, but the Kasuga didn't say anything, just looked down at her, a snorting noise sounding out of the belched skull. Shrugging, Mellow bounded back over to Adele, running around her a few times before plopping down quickly in front of her. "So, what brings you here? Spoke and I, just thought it would be nice to explore, but I know a lot of different creatures have their reason for coming here." she said this all very fast, but clearly.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/07/2009 2:35 PM

Adele watched the scene objectively.  When it came time, she balked, unsure if she really wanted to disclose her reasons for being there at that time and place.  "I...am running away," she said softly, studying the sky.  She wouldn't move any farther than that in the conversation, wouldn't disclose anymore information.  They knew enough.

K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/07/2009 8:20 PM

"Oh, that's terrible. Why are you doing that?" Mellow questioned, her head tilting to the side, her many tails swishing up and down as she waited patiently for the Yonyuu's answer, but the clatter of hooves made her look up, those wide blue eyes staring up at Spoke, who shook his head in disapproval. "Leave her be, Mellow." the Kasuga said, his voice deep, but ghastly sounding all the same, "We have no business interfering with her personal life." Mellow pouted, but then nodded her head, that was fair enough and Spoke did know what he was talking about, he had been around longer then she. "Well, anyways, enough about you running away then. Would you like to travel with us for awhile? Spoke and I would love the company?" the Fenling questioned, her voice picking up a bit of excitement.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/08/2009 2:53 PM

The Yonyuu took a moment to process the invitation.  It wouldn't be so bad having company again.  With a nod, she accepted.  "Yes, I think I'd like that very much, little Mellow," she murmured in her motherly tone.  She was grateful to the Kasuga for interfering with the little Fenling's questions and she gave him a warm smile before turning her attention to Mellow.  "Where do you plan on heading to?"

K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/08/2009 3:56 PM

Those large blue eyes held onto the Yonyuu's face, a large smile spreading across her maw. "Oh, that's great." she replied excitedly, but then hearing the question about where to go, she would have to think of that one. Placing her little paw on the bridge of her snout, her brow furrowed as she thought about it, taking longer then she hoped. "Why don't we just follow our feet?" Spoke questioned, lowering himself onto the wooden planks of the bridge, his head pointed in the direction of the little Fenling, who quickly bounded up to his shoulder and then pulling herself between those curving goat horns. "We never really had a plan to actually go anywhere, just to wander around for awhile, trying to meet new faces." Mellow said happily, batting at the ankh charm attached to the Kasuga's antler.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/09/2009 1:54 PM

Adele
Female
Level 2
sweet--friendly--gentle
--------------------------------------------------------------------
She smiled at the thought.  "That sounds lovely.  I need to meet new people," she chimed, enamored with the thought of more friends.  She was always looking for a way to meet more people.  She thrived on the affection, and without it she feared she would slip down the wrong path.  Quickly, she brought her thoughts away from it and trotting up next to the Kasuga, humming softly.

K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/09/2009 3:58 PM

Spoke slowed his pace, not wanting to get too far ahead of Adele, besides Mellow wouldn't allow it. Even though, she seemed oblivious to the fact that they were moving, she wasn't about to let the Yonyuu out of her sight. "So, do you have a lot of friends?" Mellow asked, slumping down the back of the Kasuga's neck, coming to set in between his shoulder blades, "Your one of the first I've meet, I mean, other then Spoke. He's been with me since I could remember." She nodded at saying this, before patting Spoke's back, his flames lapping at the air, which shifted it into different shapes and hues of orange-reds. "Which way now?" Spoke's ghastly voice echoed out of his skull, they were now stuck between two paths, left or right. Mellow pondered this for awhile, then looked down at Adele. "What do you think, Adele?" the Fenling asked, as she pushed one of her tails out of her face.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 01/09/2009 10:19 PM

The Kuni retreated deeper into the dark depths of the water, diving farther down. She had had enough of watching from below. It was time to make an entrance. Quickly the Kuni quit diving and began rapidly swimming toward the surface. She kept her legs plastered to her sides and her tail frantically propelled her upwards at a dizzying rate of speed. As the surface became closer she began to spin upwards and with a mighty swish of her tail launched herself out of the water.

Minnowpaw flew through the air giving an exuberant cheer that quickly turned into one of terror and then into pain. She landed with a thunderous thud as she hit the wooden deck. Droplets of water were sent spraying and the little four legged fish was sprawled out on her side.

She slammed into the deck on her right shoulder. The momentum she had forced her to roll until she was again on her right side. The force of the impact was bone jarring and she hadn't braced herself well or had control of any kind when she became air-born. The force of the impact had driven the breath out of her, leaving her breathless and gasping for air. She was stunned and lay there motionless. Pain throbbed from her right shoulder like burning fire. She had landed heavily on her shoulder. The Kuni tried to focus on the creatures ahead of her, but the world wouldn't stop moving, it made it hard to focus. She was aware of Dreampaw at her side.(4)

Dreampaw listened to the conversation mildly but her eyes were watching the horned beast with a bleached skull. Flames were lapping at its head. She had to admit this Evelonian creeped her out. Shivers of fear raced up her spine as she gazed at the creature. What was it staring at? Could it even see? Had it spotted Minnowpaw?

Her question was quickly forgotten as she rejoined the conversation. The creepy bull thing had spoken! They were moving any how. Trotting to catch up to the rest of the group a thunderous thud and Minnowpaw's happy cry rang in her ears. She wiped her head around quick as a flash. Her eyes widened in horror as she watched her friend crash into the ground.

Her lips and throat uttered a wordless scream and cry of terror. Her hind paws pushed hard against the slippery wet wood as she sprang toward her friend. She felt her paws begin to slide as she slipped in a particularly wet spot. Checking her speed so she didn't fall she made her way as quickly as possible to her friend. The world around her seemed to stop and the only thing she hard was the pounding of her heart. Fear coursed through her body, her muscles were tense and tight. She seemed to be moving sluggishly and seconds dragged into minutes and minutes into hours it seemed. Things were going terribly wrong. (3)

((Sorry for being so late!))
This avatar came from http://www.neopets.com
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage
"The strength to survive." ~ Serrya

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Postby Zheris Altradi » 01/10/2009 3:45 PM

Silky
"Why do they ignore the pain? Why do they throw it away? I sense the regret, anguish,fear, and rage. But they ignore it." The Wilt Florana wondered watching Kuni struggle "I cant say I don't feel sorry for you." It said not takeing it's eyes of the Kuni
Zheris Altradi
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 70
Donate

Next