The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

New Beginnings (Self RP, but Open if people wish to join)

Postby Moyra » 02/24/2009 12:50 AM

((So I'm making this so that I can start out. Feel free to post and get started with me! If no one joins in a day or two then I'll just turn it into a self RP. xD ))

At the far end of one of the many bridges littering the landscape and sky, a young woman stands silent and still. Seemingly frozen on the spot, she stands with her hands clasped in front of her, her long silver hair lifting slightly in the light breeze. She would seem overly feminine and frail if it weren't for the leather clothing covering her from neck to ankles. The gear and clothing she wore made her seem more harsh and rogue like than one might think.

"Well Mirasi? Shall we?" she said simply, glancing down to the bolt covered fellox beside her, the glow coming from her fur making it hard to look at her without sunglasses. The fellox sat quietly, facing the same direction, and her nod was nearly imperceptible.

Let's go.
The fellox' words sounded deep in the woman's thoughts, and Moyra took her first step onto the bridge. Moving to walk just in front of her, Mirasi lead the way down the long row of wooden planks in front of them.
Moyra
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Re: New Beginnings (Open)

Postby Moyra » 02/27/2009 11:21 AM

At the far end of the bridge Moyra and Mirasi were on, stood a very brightly coloured beast, picking its claws in its teeth, almost as if it were sharpening them. Having smelled them coming on the faint breeze, Koria had stopped on her own path, the path that was going to lead her away from this place. She had yet to meet anyone afterall, and there was no time like the present. So she waited, and waited. Finally the pair broke out of the light mist on the bridge and into her peripheral view. Standing once the pair was within twenty feet, she turned toward them and lifted a paw, saying loudly "Hello there! Where are you folks headed?". The smile on the Werecain's face was large and friendly, she was likely to be the most friendly Werecain a person or beast could ever meet.

Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: New Beginnings (Self RP, but Open if people wish to join)

Postby Gremlin » 02/27/2009 5:45 PM

Gremlin yawned. She had just arrived in Barakka and stood at the end of the platform nearest the water; so far it seemed rather boring here. She fixed the purple bow that sat in the back of her head and smoothed out her skirt before looking before her. There seemed to be two others in front of her, as long as a brightly colored creature at the end of the "bridge". Curious. She looked to the sky and whistled for Minera. The large creature hovered out over the water to assure Gremlin that she was still there, then she quickly shot back up and hovered over her in the sky.

Gremlin sighed and began to walk forward, her boots helping to make her soundless on the wooden planks as she made her way torward to the pair. Once she reached about ten feet behind them, she thought she'd make herself known. "Hello." she said with her clear, high voice. She stopped moving and waited for them to turn to her. She was sure they would be shocked by her strange appearance. She was a little strange looking. Albeit like the Hollowheart that accompanied her. The two were a lot alike after all, but Gremlin didn't dress like she did because of the species that was so much like herself, she just liked the look.
Minera

Loyalty: 12/40
Passive traits: Born Flier, Thought-speech, Altitude Adaptation, Chaotic Mind, Deep Vision, Create Illusion
Battle Traits: Bestial Hide, Wingstorm, Flyby Attack, Great Bite, Winged Warrior, Dark Heart, The Will's Connection

Gremlin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 124
Donate

Postby Moyra » 02/27/2009 5:58 PM

Her back to them, Moyra hadn't seen the woman nor the Hollowheart, though Mirasi had sensed something behind them. Since Mirasi hadn't said anything or reacted, Moyra jumped slightly when her voice sounded behind her. She was just about to say a hello to the Werecain, and instead said a greeting to both, "Umm hey! Nice to meet both of you, I'm Moyra. This is Mirasi." Her hand flitted down to point at the Fellox. "And to answer your question, we're not really sure where we're headed yet, just going somewhere other than here."

The Werecain smiled and even laughed gently at the response, "Sounds like me, I'm just looking to leave!" Koria stood slowly, moving to stand in front of the three. "Oh and I'm Koria, pleased to meet ya!"
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Gremlin » 02/27/2009 6:15 PM

"Ah. Hello to both of you. I am Gremlin, and that," she pointed to the sky at a shadowy flying creature that looked no bigger than a Garudor. "Is Minera." she said. At the mention of her name, Minera began to descend and soon landed near a tree that looked fairly small compared to her. She merely looked to the three others around her and then sent her gaze straight to Gremlin. 'Must you speak with such pathetic creatures?' she sent Gremlin with a slight distate in her voice. 'Well we must become allies with someone. Besides, they look like they could be easily swayed. They'd be fine puppets.' she sent back, with only a slight mention of a smile upon her lips.

"It is nice to meet you all." said Gremlin slowly, putting a very slight emphasize on nice. She was not nice, nor bad per say, more Neutral maybe leaning toward evil. But how could an emotionless creature such as herself be either? She looked the Prismatic Werecain over, and made a mental note to never ever get something so bright and colorful.

0/2
Minera

Passive traits: Born Flier, Thought-speech, Altitude Adaptation, Chaotic Mind, Deep Vision, Create Illusion
Battle Traits: Bestial Hide, Wingstorm, Flyby Attack, Great Bite, Winged Warrior, Dark Heart, The Will's Connection

Gremlin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 02/28/2009 11:32 AM

Her eyes watched as the Hollowheart descended. Having not been aware of it's presence was another shock for Moyra. She was shocked indeed, but she was not afraid, nor was she anything of the like. In fact she felt a slight awe at the beauty of the Hollowheart. The creatures of this world never ceased to amaze her.

Not so much for Mirasi and Koria. They had both been keenly aware of the beast flying above them and had been a bit apprehensive of the unknown animal, though neither showed a sign of it. Mirasi, who was generally a very quiet companion, broke the silence first though the only one hearing it was Moyra. That creature is making my skin crawl, I think we need to be a bit cautious around it.

With her head moving in the slightest of nods, Moyra spoke quickly and with her usual cheer, "Well, since we have no plans to speak of, where are you two planning on heading?" Her hand rested softly on Mirasi's back, her fingers slowly working into the fur.

Koria, who still hadn't taken her eyes of Minera, laughed at that and glanced over to Moyra, "Maybe it will give us an idea on where we should go."
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Gremlin » 02/28/2009 12:03 PM

Minera watched the girl, Moyra. She seemed awed at the sight of Minera, while the other two almost seemed apprehensive at the sight of her. She almost smirked. "Minera and I were thinking of heading to the Craiss caverns. We are rather interested in what the runes say." she replied coolly, and after a moment headed over to Minera. 'Your practically inviting them to come with us.' Minera transferred to her mind. 'I know.' Gremlin sent back.

After reaching Minera and passing her hand over the Hollowheart's scales she leaned against her leg. The Hollowheart snorted but made no motion to move. She studied the individuals in front of her carefully. The Fellox seemed more guarded and cautious than her master was. The Werecain was aloof looking, but she was still just as catious. The girl on the other hand seemed to be extremely trusting of those around her. She sighed. The Fellox and her were probably speaking to each other as she thought it over and the girl was probably becoming more guarded as it were.

"Well, would you care to join us on our little adventure Moyra? Koria and Marasi are welcome to come along too if they so wish. Otherwise we can just stay here and talk for a short while before we part ways. I would like to get to know someone on Barraka." she said, even giving a fake smile. Gremlin was truly more evil and calculating than she seemed, but what was to be expected with someone with no emotion?

0/3
Minera

Gremlin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 02/28/2009 3:42 PM

Considering the two hadn't spoken to each other, Moyra assumed that they also were speaking silently. Being a generally trusting person, she accepted what Gremlin was saying. The only thing that kept her from fully trusting her was the odd smile that played on her lips. She seemed nice enough, but something didn't seem right. Shrugging it off, she figured she was more on edge due to what Mirasi had told her. She trusted Mirasi, she could often sense if something was not right. Mirasi had been a savior to Moyra plenty of times. You think we can trust them enough to tag along? She valued the opinion of her dearest companion.
I think we can manage it. Just have to be careful is all. Mirasi sent her thoughts to Moyra laced with a hint of excitement. It seemed Mirasi was eager to begin anew as well.

Koria was quick to jump at the chance. She was a very energetic being, as her colours might give away. Restless and always feeling like she needed to be doing something, she was up for most anything. Even though her instinct was telling her to be wary, she ignored it and said in a joyous tone, "Well, I for one will join you. Can't say for those two though." She faced Moyra and Mirasi, her eyebrow raising slightly, "Well?"

Moyra smiled her lazy smile, saying pleasantly, "We'll come if you'll allow us." Her fingers dug into the fur on Mirasi's back, scratching lightly, hoping they'd made the right decision.

4/4
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Gremlin » 03/01/2009 10:13 PM

Gremlin smiled. "Well that's lovely. I'm glad we have companions to come along with us now." she said, giving a small smirk. She smoothed out her skirt absent-mindedly and stroked Minera again, thinking. "Bu first we absoloutly have to go to Nabias so we can get supplies and whatnot since it is such a long journey." she added after a few moments. Sh stood up on her own and balanced herself out. "Well other than that we should be good to go, unless you want to check out the wishing well while we are in Nabias. It sounds pretty impressive." she said quickly, walking toward them and motioning for Minera to follow. She stopped a few feet from them and forced her fake smile.

"But in other news, do you want to walk there, or would you rather ride on Minera's back?" she said questionigly. No doubt they'd rather walk. They were definetly still uneasy. She just hoped that it wouldn't put them off, otherwise they might have "other plans" all of the sudden. She had sone that once or twice. But that wasn't the point. She mentally shook herself and smoothed out her skirt again, a habit she had been enforcing quite often as of late. She sighed at the thoughts of what the cause was and stood patiently waiting for her companions answers.

1/0
Minera

Gremlin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 03/01/2009 10:36 PM

A bit taken aback at the suggestion, Moyra simply stopped and stared. Ride her? Knowing that Mirasi would likely wish to remain on her own two feet, Moyra hesitated in blurting out her natural instinct to accept. She was keeping herself more reserved than usual, Mirasi's words still lingering in her thoughts. Instead she said simply, "Well, as much as I would love to, Mirasi is a bit uneasy in the air. And I think the idea of heading to Nabias first is a very good one. I think we're going to need to stock up. Plus I have heard tales of the well, so that would be a lovely bonus." Taking a few steps forward, Moyra started in the same direction they had been going originally. Mirasi automatically followed by her side, her paws making light sounds on the wood bridge. I like how you pin the refusal on me. You're still unsure of them too, and you know it.
Yes, but this makes more sense. No need to voice our worries just yet, right? Moyra mindsaid quickly as she continued to walk toward the end of the bridge.

Koria had lit up at the idea of starting the journey and stood up tall, stretching out her cramped muscles. "I haven't heard of this well, that will be a welcome sight. And I must say, I'm very glad to be on the way finally. I don't know why, but I have been sitting there since early this morning. Did you know not many people pass by here?" Walking quickly past Minera and Gremlin, she made long strides to catch up to the other two, the claws adorning her toes clicking dully on the wood.

5/5
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Gremlin » 03/02/2009 8:43 PM

"Alright then. On foot it is." Gremlin replied after a moment. She stepped forward and not a moment after Minera tensed and jumped up, flapping her wings and quickly taking flight. 'I will be watching.' Minera sent Gremlin, an almost suspicious note in her mind voice. It seemed that Minera was just as unsure of the others as they were of her. Gremlin merely grinned and kept walking, taking longer strides to keep up with the crowd, but keeping back far enough so she wasn't exactly apart of the group. She didn't like to be apart of groups, it just seemed strange to her.

Gremlin merely trailed behind them quietly, somewhat like a puppy following a small child. Well this would certainly be an interesting trip to say in the least. Two interesting creatures besides her own that seemed to be relatively intelligent; well the Fellox more than the Werecain at least, and a girl with strong instincts, or so it seemed. She merely laughed in her mind and kept walking, wondering what she might wish for at the well. A Lucain perhaps...she took her mind off it and kept walking. 'Nabias, here I come.'

1/1
Minera

Gremlin
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate