The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

Dark Winds

Postby Aquafire95 » 04/04/2009 10:14 PM

Image Void Sahound

Gemma crouched on the platform , the tip of her tail twitching and she located her "target,"  Iresh's twitching tail.  Creeping foward, she batted at it with her large paw, grining with delight.  She sat up and sighed as Iresh pulled it out of range and stood up, his blue eyes scanning the briges.  "Stop it, pup."  He growled.  Gemma sighed again and rolled over, inspecting the sky.  It was boring here, and she wanted to get on with travling.  This moring, Iresh had promised to bring her along with him while he left.  She didn;t know why or understand why he still waited, the tip of his tail twitching anxiously, sniffing the wind.

Want to see my Zoo Pen?
http://www.landsofevelon.com/forums/vie ... f=7&t=6126

Image<-------Click Me!
Aquafire95
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 124
Donate

Re: Dark Winds

Postby Aquafire95 » 04/05/2009 6:49 PM

Image Common Sheilupe

Worry formed a pit in Iresh's stomac, forming a black hole that tugged all his other thoughts into it, until all he could think about was Rowena's parting words this moring, and where she could be this moment.  He felt a growing irritation at Gemma's impatience.  He shifted away from her, his ears cocked impatently, his eyes scanning the briges.  Where could she be?  Despite himself, her words came back to haunt him- "There's a Dark Wind blowing, Iresh.  I doubt we'll meet again,"  Even though they had planned to meet today at this place.  She was an hour late.  He heard a small sigh escape Gemma, and he returned to the present.  He turned and gave her a firce glare to quite her.  It wasn't his idea to bring her along.  In his mind, she was still young and untrained, to wild to amount to much yet.  Again, he scaned the briges, and then sighed.  He'd better get going.  The shadow's were lenghting., and he tried to convince himself that he would see Rowena again, once he reached home.

Want to see my Zoo Pen?

Image<-------Click Me!
Aquafire95
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/06/2009 1:03 PM

(OOC: hey there! mind if I join?)

Jack
Victor

/here we go again/ Jack glared up annoyed at his band mate. Not that he was much older than
Victor, but the drummer acted like a little 6 year old child. /ah well, maybe he'll get rid of at least a
LITTLE of that energy and wont break anything once we're home..../
Victor himself was clearly enjoying himself, zigzagging across the sky in his Sygriff form. Jack looked
arround curiously, despite them there where only two other creatures here it seemed.
With another sight the young blonde man changed into his Slynx form.
he always thought that it was rude to run arround in human form when there where other
creatures arround. or lets just say it made him feel unconfortable. They actually where
back on their way home. Victor broke his drumsticks once again and needed new
ones, and he himself wanted to look for some electronic stuff
for his keyboard.  

Victor spotted Gemma and Iresh and flew closer  and lower out of curiostity. The Drummer
hadnt flown in a while, and he somehow oversaw an edge of the platform.
his hindpaw colidet with it, and he made an unvoluntary tumble in mid air, crashing on the platform directly infront of the two pets. "ow...ow goddamnit..."
The sygriff hissed in pain "stupid place for n edge...stupid hindpaw...ow"
he then looked up to the two pets he nearly crashed into . "uh...hi?"

Jack just watched the catastrophe unfold infront of him. he let out a a low growl and walked slowly
closer, not wanting the other pets to be alarmd. /stupid idiot...thats so typical/

/1/
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Aquafire95 » 04/10/2009 3:03 AM

(Sure, no problem)

Gemma cocked her head and grined, her scruffy tail thumping the deck.  "Hi!" She barked, her eyes glinting.  She padded up to them, her ears laid back in a sign of friendship.  "I'm Gemma.  What's your name?  Is your foot OK?"  she asked.  Iresh pricked his ears in alarm and steped foward stifly, his alarm growing as Gemma aproached and began to rattle off questions.  "Gemma!"  he growled, eyes the newcomers with slight supision.  When he reached her, he nosed her sharply, never taking his eyes off them.  "Come, Gemma.  Don't disturb them."  Gamma looked slightly hurt and her pushed her away.  "Come on, Iresh."  She wined, wiggling away from him, her tail sagging.  "What's the hurry anyway?  You never told me where we were headed to in the frst place."   She complained.

Iresh gritted his teeth and refained form snapping at Gemma.  "Because,"  He said with forced paticents, lowering his voice so that the newcomers wouldn't hear, "We agreed to meet Rowena here at Sun-high.  Since she didn't show up, we must contuine on as we planed."  He looked up, pointedly ingoring the newcomers, and looked as though he might move on.  Gemma rolled her eyes as Iresh looked up.  Big mean Furball, she thought.  Just because he gaurds the cave he acts like a big hotshot.  She licked her paw with an ingured air.  "I hope you havn't forgotten jayla!"  She remined him.  "She said she'd meet me here when the shadows were long."  She flicked her paw and looked in interest again at the newcomes.  She wondered what they were doing.

Want to see my Zoo Pen?

Image<-------Click Me!
Aquafire95
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/10/2009 6:07 AM

Victor smiled at Gemma, happy that she wasnt angry at him or something.
"hey! I'm Victor and..." "you know Vic, it really is a great way to make new friends
by just nearly crashing into them"
Jack's voice came over. "and that sarcastic
cat over there is Jack...foot's okay, just a little bruise"

Victor continued, still with a happy grin and not bothering
to look at his bandmate. The Slynx stopped next to his drummer, looking
annoyed. "Sorry bout that...that little hyperball just cant behave"
They both watched the other two argue. Jack could only guess what the
poor Sheilupe was going through. babysitting was annoying, specially if you had
to babysit a grown man who acted like he was a child. "ah well, I think they have
better things to do than to talk to a drugged up griffin"
Jack meowed, causing
Victor to hiss agressively at him "I'm not drugged up!" "oh jes you are...10 coffees
in just 5 minutes are worse than any drug...how did you manage to not explode yet?"

Victor looked angrily at him, tapping his claw on the soft ground. he turned back his attention
to Gemma and Iresh. The girl didnt look to happy. "uh...hey is everything okay?" he asked,
causing Jack to smash a paw against his forehead and sight heavily.

/2/

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquafire95 » 04/18/2009 10:29 PM

Image Purine Sygriff

Iresh dipped his head stiffly, feeling uneasy.  "Hello." He replied.  "Gemma and I were just about to leave.  Yes, were fine.  Thanks."  He glared at Gemma, who was sitting, glareing back.  He growled with frustration at her stubborness.  When he was young, he always listened to what his elders told him.  Gemma stuck her nose in the air prissy-like.  "We have to meet Jayla, remember?"  She said.  Iresh sighed and rolled his eyes.  "All right."  He sat down, anxiously watching Gemma.  Gemma flicked her ears.  She almost always got her own way.  "Don't listen to cranky old Iresh."  She told Victor.  She flicked her ears upward and sniffed the wind as she heard a screech.  "Jayla!" She barked. "Over here!"  Jayla floded her wings and landed smoothly on the platform.  "Hi, Gemma."  She said, dipping her head.  "I see Iresh hasn't eaten you yet." Iresh dipped his head as Gemma snorted with laughter.  "Nice to see you, Jayla.  Is anyone else coming?"  
"No,"  Jayla replied.  "Maybe Blyth.... Anyway,"  She turned to Jack and Victor.  "I'm Jayla,"  She introduced herself.  "Who are you?"

Want to see my Zoo Pen?

Image<-------Click Me!
Aquafire95
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/20/2009 5:34 PM

Both watched Jayla land, Victor with plate-sized eyes, Jack doing his best
to not look to annoyed "Hi Jayla, Im Jack, this is Victor" he said, pointing at the Sygriff
/oh for heavens sake please dont drool now or try anything stupid victor.../ he thought,
knowing that he saw in almost every female wich was feathered or human a potential
partner or something. And even Jack though that she looked pretty. to his surprise, Victor didnt
say anything jet, wich was a good thing.

(sorry, writers block)

/3/

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquafire95 » 04/23/2009 11:07 PM

Iresh was crawing with impaticents.  Jayla and Gemma were still interested, and they would just take a longer time of leaving if he pushed them.  The shadows crept across the wooden planks, mutaliated forms heralding the dawn of the night.  Iresh sighed and stared distanly at the setting sun, his eyes glazed as he thought....

Gemma flicked her ears foward with just general happines.  "Hi Victor and Jake!"  She barked, joking.  She ignored Jayla's you'd-better-behave look, and got up, sniffing the planks.  She slowed as she approached the edge and peered over it, nose twitching.  It seemed a long way down.  A bank cloudly-fog-mist rolled below, cutting off her vison.  /cool/, she thought, grinning.  A sharp breeze pricked her fur, and she shivered.  It occured to her that she'd never seen the bottom of the platfourm.  She glanced slyly at Iresh and Jayla, who were both looking the other way.  She gripped the edge as best as she could with her paws, and dipped her head over, straining to see.....

It was the perfect oppertuntiy.  He couldn't pass it up.  Slinking along, as smooth as a shadow, he focoused on clearing his mind and drifing on instenct, as he always did when it was Time.  Now, not even Jayla's sharp eyes could pirce his defence.  He reached fowred.  Just a small nuge...

Gemma howled, a howl of pure terror, as she felt her paws losing grip.  She plumited through the air, her paws flailing widly, not even noticing her watering eyes.  "Help!"  hshe screamed, but the rushing wind whipped her voice away from her, coating her mouth with think vapor.  "Jayla!  Ireah!"

Swiftly, he plunged after her. No, not to save her, but so His own dark mount could pick him up and carry him back.  He had succeded.  No one could save Gemma now.

NOTE:  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't rescue Gemma.  I have a plan for her.  Unless you contuine to travlel with Jayla and Iresh, Gemma won't be back here.  But feel free to panic, try to find her in the cloud, whatever you want.  

(Sorry for any misspellings.  I'm not good at spelling, as you may have noticed.)

Want to see my Zoo Pen?

Image<-------Click Me!
Aquafire95
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/24/2009 12:41 PM

Victor was far to distracted by Jayla to notice how dangerously close Gemma was to the edge,
only Jack noticed it, looking worried "Hey Gemma get away fro...HOLY S***!" He saw the young Sahound  fall, glaring at the spot where she stood for some milli seconds, wich felt
like hours to him, before he convinced his body to move. He leaped foreward, slithered a few steps and
stopped just at the edge, only to see Gemma disapear into the cloud below them.
A dash of black and orange feathes rushed beside him and jumped from the platform, diving after Gemma.

Victor clinged his wings very close to his body, shooting through the air with insane speed.
He was confident to reach her before she would hit the floor, since he was a very fast flyer when
he wanted to. He flapped his wings one time to get even more speed, aproaching the cloud.
/Whoa!/ Victor felt like hitting a wall the second he dived into the cloud. he thought it was just a dense
fog, but it turned out to be real thick and sticky. He tumbled uncondrolled, desperately trying
to regain his balance. when he found it back he contiued to fly down, but the cloud wouldnt seem
to stop, and he slowly felt his feathers getting wet. He couldnt hear gemma anymore either,
and grew more and more desperate. After a while he gave up and flew back up. He was soaking wet by then, having a hard time to reach the platform he came from. He landet, panting and with water dripping
from  his feathers "I...I couldnt get her...sh..she suddently was gone and out of sight a...and..."
He stammered, looking horrified and shaking violently from either the shock or the cold.
Jack just glared at him in disbelief and horror, feeling his heart getting heavy.

(thats okay, I'm from germany and my grammar and spelling isnt that good either^^)

/4/

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquafire95 » 04/25/2009 8:05 PM

Iresh heard Gemma's howl as she toppled over the edge.  It took a split seconded before he relized what had happened.  He bounded foward, to horrifed about Gemma to notice the wavering shadow that shimmered in the air.  "Gemma!"  He called despertatly over the side as Victor flew down.  He could just make up her tumbleing form, before the mist  swallowed her whole.  Jayla rushed by him and launched her self off the edge, spriling down in two the mist.  Iresh gripped the edge, his paws in the same spot as Gemma's were az few moments ago.

Jayla hit the mist as one would hit the water.  The sticky cloud coated her winds, glazed over her eyes, and clogged her feathers.  Squinting, Jayla flared her winds and flapped hard.  There was no sound or sight.  She felt as though the cloud was pressing upon her on all sides, and her began to panick.  She called out to Gemma or Victor, but the sound barely reached her own ears.  The cloud soacked her words.  She began to pant.  After what seemed like an hour, she escaped.  The first breath of air felt like a knife.  Her eyes watering, she landed on the deck.  Iresh looked at her hopefully, but Jayla shoock her head.  "Victor was right.  I don't know what happened to her."

Want to see my Zoo Pen?

Image<-------Click Me!
Aquafire95
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/27/2009 4:45 PM

Victor looked over at Jayla, noticing that she looked how he felt.
That cloud thing was...creepy. It didnt seem natural at all. Catching his
breath he turned to her. "what was wrong with the cloud? It had no freakin end!
Its like it...swallowed her."
He was thinking about mentioning that he thought he
saw a strange shadowy figure flying by but right then Jack disturbed his thoughts
"what do you mean by 'swallowing her?' that makes no sense, people fall down,
they dont fall and simply dissapear!"
he snarled. This was all too much for him.
the poor girl most likely just fell to death and his stupid bandmate talked about
CLOUDS! The drummer was to groggy to argue with Jack right now, just letting
his wings hang and not knowing what to do.

/5/

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquafire95 » 04/30/2009 12:47 AM

Jayla was used to fighting, and she didn't let Jack's harsh words ruffleher feathers.  "Yeah, it was freaky..."  She shivered, not from the cold wind that blew against her feathers.  Iresh blinked, his ears pinded straight against his head.  "What do you mean... It swallowed her?"  He growled, blinking.  Jayla sighed, rolling her shoulders.  "Come on, Iresh.  We should head back home and tell the others..."  Iresh shook his head.  "No, I promised to meet Rowena.  She'll be waiting for me.  You can come if you want, Jayla."  He turned his back and looked down the path he would take, already prepareing for the journey.  

"Now?"  Jayla looked surprised.  She spread her wings, and hesiated, looked at Jack and Victor.  "Do you want to come with us?"  She blurted, and then blushed,  her tail swishing from sided to side.  Iresh stiffened, but made no comment.

Want to see my Zoo Pen?

Image<-------Click Me!
Aquafire95
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/02/2009 4:08 PM

Jack let out a little unvoluntary growl. this was all too much for him,
and he really did'nt know what to say or how to behave. His normaly
cool and colected shell cracked, and he didnt like that. Victor listened
to the other two discussing. When Jayla asked them to come with them,
He looked surprised and his headfeathers rose slightly. "Shure! I mean...
if we dont bother you."
the last part was adressed to Iresh who didnt look
to happy about it.//wow...the featherball shows manners for once...// Jack thought.
The Sygriff looked at him. "You'll come too, wont you?" The Slynx sighted,
looked down but then nodded. "I know I'll regret this..." he muttered under his breath.

/6/

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquafire95 » 05/13/2009 10:22 PM

"Great!"  Jayla looked relived.  "Don't mind Iresh... He's not always this touchy."  She added.  "So Iresh... She looked at him questionly.  "Where are we going?"  Iresh sighed.  He'd hoped to stay out of this conversation.  "To Jawan, The Sea City."  He called over his shoulder.  "Let's get going.... He started down the bridge to the left.  Already, he could smell the spice of seasoned fish, and could almost taste the air, thick with salt.. He quicked his trot.  At this rate, he'd make it by Twilight, if Jayla didn't insist on slowing down for those newcomers.  A rush of wind over feathers, and Jayla was soaring over head, quickly to keep up with Iresh.  

((Do you want to start the new topic in Jawan?  I could if you don't want to.))

Want to see my Zoo Pen?

Image<-------Click Me!
Aquafire95
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/14/2009 4:20 AM

Victor rose into the air and caught up with Jayla and Iresh easily, happy to leave this place.
He still felt horrible for poor Gemma, but that cloud-mist-thing was getting him horribly
nerveous. And for some very wierd reason he felt like she...might survied all this, allthough it
was highly doubtfull for him. Jack jumped up, and followed them on their heels. //to Jawan then...
well at least not into the desert or something//

(I can post if you want^^ I'll simply call it Dark winds pt2 /very creative/, we can change the title then
if you want^^

here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9586&start=0)

/7/

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items