Most of the southern region of Baa'sek is cut off from the rest of the continent by the dense, dangerous Tengel Rainforest. Much of what isn't forest is swamp lands, with the Baian Swamp covering the majority of the coast. Most cities exist along the edges of the rain forests, particularly in a divide just on the eastern limits of Baa'sek. Lamenolai lies to the north while the Slums lie to the south.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baa'sek

Re: New Beginnings

Postby Kitsumi » 09/13/2011 7:59 PM

That was a relief! Navvi would have felt incredibly rude if he had insulted his host after scarcely five minutes inside his mansion! "I'm glad that you're used to it, as I tend to do it rather often. I enjoy music quite a bit, so I make my own when there is none readily available."
Nodding agreeably, Navvi set about to do the tasks ahead of him. He did what was necessary to begin heating the oven, and grabbed a pot large enough to boil the lasagna noodles in. He filled it with just enough water and set it over the heat, watching it carefully to see when it was ready to add the lasagna.
When Anthos mentioned the radio, Navvi's eyes lit up. "Oh, that would be wonderful! I enjoy classical music, it's so emotional." He clicked the button to turn it on, swaying slightly as Beethoven could be heard.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/13/2011 8:29 PM

Anthos laughed lightly at Navvi's swaying. "Do you dance Navvi?" He hadn't danced in forever and could use a dance, though now probably wasn't the best time to do it. Afterall food had to be made. He shreaded the cheese as he thought about the last time he had danced. It had been over eight years ago now. Far too long in his opinion and he'd have to remedy that one day soon. He finished up with the cheese and tomatoes and went to prepare the sauce and meat.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/13/2011 9:56 PM

"Yes, actually, I took ballroom dancing lessons when I was younger. As I've grown older, I've learned several types of dance, from swing dancing to expressive Native American dances to Irish jigs." Navvi chuckled slightly. "I miss dancing; it's been so long since I last had a dancing partner. My boyfriend and I used to dance all the time, until he decided that being gay was a sin, and he decided to become straight." Navvi shook his head, but in amusement, not sadness or anger. "How can you be gay for eleven years, and then suddenly decide that it's evil? That's what I want to know. Oh, well, I wish him all the happiness in the world with his new wife. They're expecting pups, you know."
Suddenly realizing that he was talking far too much, Navvi blushed. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so used to simply talking to myself, and I don't really care how much I talk. I hope my incessant babbling hasn't bothered you too much." He checked the water, seeing that it was now at a full boil. He put the noodles in, adding a slight bit of butter to give them taste and keep them from sticking to the pan.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/13/2011 10:23 PM

"I had to learn to dance as part of my training for my job, or should I say former job." Anthos laughed bitterly and put a pan on the stove to brown the meat. He turned away from Navvi so he ccould not see his face. He didn't want Navvi to see him upset. "Anyway who could leave you is out of their mind. You're a very kind and caring person. He does not know what he gave up. And no your talking doesn't bother me. I rather like listening to you." Navvi reminded him so much of his past lover that it almost hurt. He found he could no longer keep back the sadness and felt tears stream down his face. He felt like running and hiding now. He didn't want anyone to see him so vulnerable.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/13/2011 10:38 PM

"Oh?" Anthos' mention of a job that required learning how to dance intrigued Navvi, so much so that he didn't notice the bitterness in the laugh of the other lucain. "What type of job was it? It must have been an interesting one if it involved dancing."
The compliments left Navvi feeling lighthearted, and he felt a slight flush creep up to his cheeks, coloring them slightly in a barely noticeable blush. "Well, thank you. I could actually say the exact same about you. You seem like a rather spectacular person. I'm quite glad that it was you who happened to be passing through when I awoke; I enjoy conversing with you more than I could ever describe!" His words were true, although Navvi chuckled slightly when he thought of the fact that it was him doing most of the conversing.
He sensed, rather than saw, that Anthos had begun crying. His jaw dropped in shock, and in a moment he was at Anthos' side, pulling the man into his arms without even thinking. "Anthos, what's wrong? Did I say or do something? is everything alright?" He held Anthos tightly, running his fingers softly through his hair with one hand while rubbing his back with the other.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/13/2011 10:54 PM

Anthos clungy to Navvi and cried into his chest. "No, it's not you. You did nothing wrong." He choked back a sob before continuing. "You just remind me of someone I loved very much, that's all." He fisted his hands into the back of Navvi's shirt and pressed against him. He felt safe here and like he could let everything out without any fear of being judged. "I lost my lover six months ago. He died from complications from an illness he had years ago."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/13/2011 11:02 PM

Sensing the desperate need for comfort in Anthos, Navvi didn't loosen his hold on the other man. In fact, he tightened it slightly, although not enough to hurt Anthos or restrict his breathing in any way. "Oh, you poor dear," Navvi cooed softly, hoping that he could somehow comfort the grieving Anthos. "I know how you feel. The pain is new in your heart, and it feels like a hole; a gaping wound that will never close. But I promise you, it gets better. It will heal, if you let it." He gently cupped Anthos' face in his hands and wiped the tears away.
"Please don't think this rude, but I'm sure your lover would want you to be happy, and to find love again. You're young; you still have plenty of time to find another love. I know it probably hurts to even think about doing so now, but in time, the idea won't seem so horrendous. I know - I lost my first lover in a fire. But the wounds heal, and once they do, you will be able to open your heart once again to love."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/13/2011 11:22 PM

"You're right, he would want me to be happy, but it's so hard. I can't stop thinking about him. I was with him for over ten years and his death was so sudden I...I just have trouble accepting that he's gone." Anthos tightened his grip on Navvi's shirt and looked into his eyes. He was so kind to him and he was thankful for him being there. He needed this to heal. He needed to tell someone, anyone, just how much it hurt and how much he wanted to move on. He was glad that it was Navvi that he broke down in front of. "Thank you. Just thank you." A small smile spread across his face. "It's comforting to know that I'm not alone."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/13/2011 11:28 PM

"I understand, it's hard." Navvi said, nodding. "And that's why you take your time. Don't rush it - it's like trying to use a strained muscle that hasn't had time to heal, it will only make the injury worse. When you feel like you're ready, then go for it. But for now, just allow yourself to grieve. But remember that grieving isn't all about the sorrow. It's also about remembering the good times, the happy memories. I know it may hurt, but the pain will lessen, I promise you."
Navvi smiled and kissed Anthos' forehead in what he meant to be a friendly, comforting gesture. "You don't need to thank me, Anthos. And I promise you, you will never be alone. In fact, if you wish, I could stay here for as long as you want me to. I'd do my share of the work and such, and help out as much as possible. Grieving alone is never a fun thing, especially when you need someone to talk to. I'm willing to stay as long as you want me to, as long as you wouldn't mind, of course."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/14/2011 8:14 PM

"I hope so."  Anthos released his tight grip on Navvi's shirt and instead hugged him. "Please stay. I need you right now." Before he could do anything else he heard the sizzle of bmeat beginning to burn on the stove. Anthos immeadiately let go of Navvi to turn down the heat and stir the meat. "Don't burn, don't burn! I don't need a fire on my hands!" His sorrow was quickly forgotten for the moment at the risk of a kitchen fire.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/14/2011 9:38 PM

Navvi, hugging Anthos back, had been about to say that he wouldn't leave until Anthos told him to, was shocked when he realized that the meat was burning. "Oh, dear!" Navvi rushed over to Anthos' side, trying to think of what he could do to possibly help keep the meat from burning. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to cause you to burn the meat. I don't think it'll start a fire, now that you're stirring it and such. Is the meat still usable, though?" Navvi leaned over Anthos' shoulder, trying to get a glimpse of the meat. He hoped that it was still usable.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/14/2011 9:49 PM

"Fortunately yes. And don't blame yourself. It's not your fault." He smiled and sighed in relief. "Are the noodles almost done?" He left the unharmed meat to gather the ingrediants togther and seting out a lasagna pan to bake it in. "Hopefully I won't have another attack of sorrow while we finish." He laughed softly at his own joke.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/14/2011 10:13 PM

Sighing in relief, Navvi smiled. "Well, that's a good thing. It looks like the lasagna will still be made after all!" Navvi chuckled softly, then checked on the noodles. "Ah, yes, they're perfect! I suppose we should set everything up to bake now?" At Anthos' words, Navvi set a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, don't worry about it. If you have an attack of sorrow, you should let it out. If you're afraid of the lasagna burning, we could set a timer or something, just in case."

{Post 14}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/14/2011 10:20 PM

"Alright. Like you said let's get it ready." He began to mix the tomatoes, meat, and sauce together. He then started to lay a layer of noodles down in the pan. "So we know nothing really about each other. How about we play a get to know you game. You ask a question, then I ask you a question, excetra excetra. Sound good?" Anthos poured a layer of the meat sauce mix over the noodles.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/14/2011 10:43 PM

Since it was Anthos' house and, therefore, Anthos' kitchen, Navvi let him do the commanding. He did whatever he could to help, leaving Anthos in charge. When Anthos mentioned asking questions, Navvi clapped his hands excitedly. "Oh, what an excellent idea!" He smiled widely. Then, tapping his forehead thoughtfully, Navvi worked hard to think of a good question. "Hmm, let's see. Oh, I have one. What was your childhood like?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext