Most of the southern region of Baa'sek is cut off from the rest of the continent by the dense, dangerous Tengel Rainforest. Much of what isn't forest is swamp lands, with the Baian Swamp covering the majority of the coast. Most cities exist along the edges of the rain forests, particularly in a divide just on the eastern limits of Baa'sek. Lamenolai lies to the north while the Slums lie to the south.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baa'sek

Re: New Beginnings

Postby Kitsumi » 09/18/2011 12:20 AM

The feel of Anthos sitting close, leaning against him, was one that both comforted Navvi and also made him feel oddly protective of the handsome male. He dropped his arm around Anthos' shoulders in what was simply a friendly gesture, nodding as Anthos spoke. "I can understand how, despite the bad things, you would remember the good things. Once you've lost something, whether it be a person, a home, or even a favorite toy, you tend to remember the good things. It's because those are the things you miss."
Navvi tried to think about his favorite things. "Well, obviously I like lasagna." Navvi chuckled at his own joke. "I'm also a great fan of the arts - music, literature, and actual arts. I read a lot, mostly the older, classic stuff. Jules Vern, Louisa May Alcott, Charles Dickinson, all are authors I like. William Shakespeare is one of my favorites."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2011 12:40 AM

Anthos laid his head back on Navvi's shoulder. " I read whatever I can get my hands on really, except all the modern romance supernatural books. They're annoying to me and are far too cliche. I also like to listen to music. I love darker music and classical music. I dislike pop and hip hop. It's that crudy fake kind of happiness that ruins real happiness." He normally would be bothered by someone draping their arm over him, but when Navvi did it he didn't mind. He didn't mind a lot of things when Navvi was with him.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/18/2011 1:51 AM

Navvi nodded enthusiastically, but was careful to keep his shoulder still while he did so, not wanting to unsettle Anthos' head from his shoulder, as he rather liked it being there. "I agree on the books. Like the 'Breaking Twilight' or whatever the heck it's called?" Navvi rolled his eyes. "I don't understand the sudden fascination with vampires, werewolves, witches and the like. Teenagers are going crazy about it though. Some of them are even getting surgeries that make their teeth into fangs!" Navvi snorted. "It's rather immature, in my opinion. I also like both classical and the darker music. The 'rap' that they have these days is little more than words about sex, drugs, or other inappropriate things, spoken too fast for anyone to understand what they're saying. People only listen to it because of the beat."

{5-4}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2011 4:45 PM

He laughed at the stupidity of teenagers and their obsessions. "If they like the beat so much they might as well listen to older techno. It has no words and a nice beat that makes one want to move. I usually only listen to it when I need to be cheered up, that and I got used to it when I was working with a man named Reno. The man loved loud and repetative beats. He also loved metal, but I could never get into it. It made me want to punch walls." He smiled at the memory of Reno.
"I never told you what my job was, did I? Well I worked for a company called ShinRa Electrical Company as a Turk which is like a special police force. We'd gather information and here on Evelon we searched for new energy resources. We never found anything new that we couldn't already do in our home world. We stayed here anyway as, well, we are kind of hated back home. When the company was led by Rufus' father quite a few bad things happened and the company was basically blamed for everything terrible that happened back on Gaia. After a terrible event called Meteor we disappeared from the public eye and as far as the public was concerned ShinRa ceased to exist. Rufus secretly funded an organization called the WRO, or World Regenesis Organization, which works to help the world recover for the Meteor disaster and to protect it from those wish to harm it." Anthos paused and sighed a bit sadly.
"Only a short while after Meteor a disease befell Midgar, it was called geostigma. It would cause your skin to turn black and give you terrible fevers and pains. An old enemy returned and some heros fought him. Then a rain fell curing people of the stigma...well most people. In some rare cases the geostigma attack both the outside and the inside of a person. Rufus was one of those cases. He lived for several years after the rain, but when he came here he fell ill. He had been so damaged internally that there was nothing any doctor could do. His organs began to fail and...and he died in my arms." He shuddered a bit and took a deep breath to swallow to grief.
"He left the company and his money to me and the rest of the Turks but I refused to take it. I promised myself that I'd never go back home, so I have no need for the company or money. I donated to money to charities and left the company to a man I trust. In the last few years I've been here I've felt more at home than ever before. Gaia is just a memory now." He shook his head sadly and turned around to hug Navvi. "I want to start over, to have a new beginning. I'm not the person I was before I came here and I don't want to be him again. I'm a new person now and I have a chance to live life as I've always wanted to. I'm going to take this oppertunity and do my best to live life the way I always wanted to."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/18/2011 7:38 PM

"Exactly! Techno is a much better alternative to that trashy garbage they choose to listen to." Navvi laughed. "Techno is actually pretty good. Although I tend to end up dancing whenever I'm listening to it." He chuckled, shaking his head in mock disappointment.
When Anthos told him about his old life, his job, his old world, Navvi sat and listened with great interest. He smiled when Anthos told him about the job and everything,  but frowned when he started talking about how his lover had died. Navvi sighed, squeezing Anthos' shoulder gently. "I'm sorry, Anthos. But you're right; this is your opportunity. I'm glad that you're going to take it."

{5-5}
{Stats Updated}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2011 9:00 PM

"Thanks." He smiled and would have enjoyed being with Navvi a bit longer but the oven timer rang. "The lasagna must be done." He got and took Navvi's before heading out to the kitchen. He left go of his hand to get the oven mitts and take the pan out of the oven. He set the steaming pan of lasagna down on the counter and looked over at Navvi. "It's perfect. Can you get two plates? They're in the far left cupboard." He went and retrieved the silverware from the drawer.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/18/2011 11:57 PM

"You're welcome, although you have no need to thank me." The sound of a timer going off in the kitchen caught Navvi's attention. His mouth began watering as he caught scent of the lasagna, and he smiled. "Mm, I can't wait until I get to taste that. I believe our teamwork is about to have paid off, don't you agree?"
Navvi found the cupboard that Anthos told him about and grabbed two plates. "Here they are. Oh, I happen to have a flask of wine left in my bag. Perhaps we could share it?"

{6-1}

Ooc: So I realized that I used the color for speech from my other character xD Lol didn't mean to do that haha.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/19/2011 7:19 PM

"That would be nice." He smiled and retrieved two wine glasses form another cupboard before setting the table. He then dished out the lasanga and sat down. "So back to asking questions.When is your birthday? You mentioned that it was soon." He took a bite of the lasanga and savored the taste. "Mm, it's very good. Great job."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/19/2011 8:30 PM

Navvi sat down at the table and pulled out his flask of wine. Pouring it in both of the glasses, he put the empty flask back in his bag. "Yes, it's on October 2nd. Less than a month away, if my calculations are correct." He smiled as he, too, relished the taste of the lasagna. "Mm, it is rather excellent. But not all the credit goes to me. It was a team effort; you did a good job as well." He took another bite before asking, "How long have you been here in Evelon?"

{6-2}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/19/2011 8:45 PM

"I don't really have a birthday, but I always celebrated it on what Evelonians call Halloween. We don't have many holidays back home so October 31st never used to really mean anything to me." He continued to eat and took a sip of the wine. He smiled at the rich flavor and set the glass back down before answering Navvi's question. "I've been here almost three years now. So I missed the war that I heard went on here. I was the first one that ended up here and originally I was a hollow werecain. The others came shortly after me and they waited behind as they could not yet turn into the creatures here. I went out and scouted the place before coming across a rather odd, and in my opinion insane, batti. He offered to change us so that we fit in more and we took the offer. Too bad the dumb thing forgot to mention that those potions of his would change us into the creatures that looked most like us. He even had one used on me which is how I became a lucain. His first potions is what caused me to become a werecain and the second potions fixed me."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/19/2011 10:31 PM

"Ah, I see. So Halloween, then? That must be interesting, to have your birthday on a holiday. I can't tell whether or not it would be a good thing or a bad thing. I suppose it could go both ways, of course." Navvi realized he was babbling, and so he quickly shut his mouth and allowed Anthos to speak again. Anthos' story left Navvi both amazed and slightly confused. "That's...quite astonishing." he said finally. "I've never heard anything like it."

{6-3}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/19/2011 10:49 PM

"Yes well interesting things happen around that batti which is we-I don't go near him. Anyway what's your story? I've practically spilled most of my life's story to you now." Anthos laughed softly at the realization that he's spilled his heart out to man he hasn'yt even known for a day. It was odd for him to open up to someone so easily. He hadn't even opened up to rufus that easily when he met him.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/20/2011 12:33 AM

Navvi laughed. "Oh, yes, those batti can be quite tricky at times. I believe they gain their joy from mischievous pranks. Most are harmless, but some...well, it's best to just stay away from them." Biting his lower lip in thought, Navvi sighed. "Well, I don't really know what to say. I had the normal family, although they were overly religious and all. As I said, they kicked me out when they found out that I was gay. I've spend the last ten or so years of my life pretty much just roaming around, seeing the world, searching for a place that I would enjoy living. I honestly don't know what else you'd wish to know."

He could tell that Anthos wasn't usually the type to go and give out his whole story like that. After a quick sip of wine, Navvi reached across and touched Anthos' hand ever so gently. "I really appreciate you opening up to me like this, Anthos. I know it must be hard for you. But I promise, anything you tell me will be held in the strictest confidence. And I will never do anything to make you regret opening up to me."

{6-4}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/22/2011 6:27 PM

"So you'd know a lot about Evelon then from traveling so much." He ate some more before taking another sip of wine. "I haven't been seen everything here but I've seen a lot so far. I get out a lot lately. I like to wandered around and take long walks." Anthos smiled at Navvi's touch and gently wrapped his fingers around Navvi's hand. "I'm glad I went out today. Meeting you has already helped me so much." He finished up his meal while smiling a bit shyly. It was almost like when he was with Rufus. Everything was nice and peaceful and calm.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/22/2011 8:06 PM

His mouth full of delicious lasagna, Navvi could only nod in response. Once swallowing, he grinned. "I've seen quite a bit of it, I won't lie. Although I usually just pass through, so I don't ever have time to really explore, if you know what I mean." Nodding again, he said, "I enjoy walks as well. Especially on a clear, cool night, with the moon and stars above. I always used to sneak out at night to walk underneath the stars in order to calm down when I still lived with my family."

Anthos' words warmed Navvi, and he smiled widely. "Well, I'm very glad I could help. Being with you has helped me as well; I'm afraid that if I had stayed on my own for one more day, I would have lost my mind!" He laughed. After that, he finished his meal in silence - not an awkward silence, but a comfortable, peaceful silence.

{6-5}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate