Most of the southern region of Baa'sek is cut off from the rest of the continent by the dense, dangerous Tengel Rainforest. Much of what isn't forest is swamp lands, with the Baian Swamp covering the majority of the coast. Most cities exist along the edges of the rain forests, particularly in a divide just on the eastern limits of Baa'sek. Lamenolai lies to the north while the Slums lie to the south.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baa'sek

Re: New Beginnings

Postby Kylo » 09/23/2011 6:21 PM

"The stars are beautiful and the sky never ceases to amaze me. I was so used to never seeing the sky when in Midgar that it fasinates me." He let go of Navvi's hand to clean up and took his dishes over to the sink. Turning on the water he filled the sink and put soap in it. He scrubbed his plate until it sparkled and rinsed it off. He was always meticulous about dishes and cook ware. It was the reason why he did not ever use the dish washer. He wanted to make sure that each individual dish was as clean as possible. "Oh I should warn you about the house at night. Weird noises seem to come from one of the guest bedrooms at night. It usually sounds like sobbing but it goes away if someone goes in the room. I just wanted to warn you before you headed off to bed."

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/23/2011 7:31 PM

To live in a world where you were unable to see the sky...Navvi couldn't wrap his mind around that one. "I don't think I could have handled that," he admitted honestly. When Anthos started washing the dishes, Navvi took the liberty of grabbing a nearby dish towel and drying them, and then setting them back where they belonged. He could tell that Anthos was very thorough with his dishes, and so Navvi made sure to dry them completely, and stack them perfectly in their appropriate cupboards. "Odd sounds at night, you say?" Navvi cocked his head thoughtfully. "I wonder if you have some sort of ghost living here. I never used to believe in them, but I've heard many a strange tail that makes me question. Will I be staying in that room, or is there another you would like me to use?"

{7-1}

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/23/2011 7:43 PM

"I'd rather you not, but if you want to you may. I could never bring myself to sleep there." He smiled appriciatively at Navvi for drying and putting the dishes away. Anthos then started to wash the pots and utensils while thinking about the incidents of the house. "Odd things always seem to happen in this area and especially so in the village. This place is one big breeding ground for the paranormal it seems. No one in the house could ever stand to sleep a whole night in the one guest room. I've never slept there personally as I have an odd respect for the dead. I don't like to mess with lost spirits. Back on Gaia only cruel and damaged spirits would remain after death." He really did not want Navvi to stay there but if he wanted to he would not stop him. He was just personally paranoid about spirits. While the one in the guest bedroom did not seem malevolent he did not want to risk it. Besides Reno used to freak him out by telling him stories about what might have happened in that room.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/23/2011 9:03 PM

"Oh, don't worry, I wouldn't want to sleep there. Whatever happened in there was obviously enough for some poor, lost soul to cry there every night. I would never be cruel enough to mock whatever spirit is trapped there by sleeping in that room." While Navvi wasn't exactly a firm believe of ghosts or spirits, his words suggested otherwise. He had always spoken like that without even noticing it; talking as if something was fact, when he himself wasn't even sure if it was fictitious or not.

Navvi kept up with the drying and putting away, asking every once and awhile were a certain thing would go. He listened as Anthos spoke, nodding. "Hmm, it sounds as if there's something odd going on around here. I wonder how long it's been going on?" Navvi smiled at Anthos. "I have a respect for the dead as well - I wouldn't want people messing with me after I died."

{7-2}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/27/2011 10:24 PM

Anthos finished up the dishes and yawned loudly. It had been a long day and he was both physically and emotionally drained. Smiling he turned to Navvi. "Are you tired yet? I need to be getting to bed. I'll show you to the non-haunted guest room. It's right across from my room so if you need anything I'll be right there." He walked out of the kitchen and towards a large staircase leading up to the second story of the house.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/27/2011 10:56 PM

Of course, Anthos' yawn happened to trigger one in Navvi. His jaws stretched, mouth gaping for a moment as he inhaled and exhaled loudly. Grinning, he nodded. "I guess you're not the only one whose tired." He chuckled. "That sounds great. Despite my nap in the forest, I'm rather, as they say, bushed." He followed Anthos, his steps unusually heavy as his exhaustion began showing through. He hadn't noticed, until that moment, exactly how tired he was.

{7-3}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/27/2011 11:02 PM

Anthos went up the stairs and made his way down a long hallway stopping at the end. He opened a door and motioned with a wave of his hand that the room was to be Navvi's. "I can get you some night clothes from Rufus' room. You look to be about the same size as he was." He smiled and went into the room to smooth out the bed spread and straighten the pillows. He liked to make a room nice before letting guests sleep there. Anthos turned away before Navvi could answer to get the clothes, deciding that it would be uncomfortable for Navvi to sleep in his current clothes.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/27/2011 11:16 PM

Navvi stepped just inside the room, gazing around with admiring eyes. "It's beautiful, as is the rest of this place." He smiled. "And the bed looks positively divine right now." He watched Anthos, admiring the way he tidied up the bed. He took great care in making his guests comfortable, something that Navvi respected in the man. When Anthos mentioned getting some of Rufus' clothes, Navvi tried to protest, but Anthos was already gone. Navvi shifted uncomfortably; while it would be much more comfortable to sleep in nightclothes, he wondered how Anthos would feel about Navvi wearing his mate's clothing.

{7-4}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/28/2011 5:25 PM

Anthos came back into the room with silk pijamas in his hands. He smiled and handed them to Navvi. "I hope they're comfortable. Rufus rarely wore them as he'd often fall asleep before even removing his suit. The man was always working himself too hard." He smiled at the memory of Rufus fast asleep on top of his bed with all of his clothes still on. "Well I leave you to get ready for sleep. Good night." He smiled at Navvi and turned to leave.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/28/2011 6:16 PM

When Anthos came back, Navvi was prepared to tell him that if he wasn't comfortable with loaning out Rufus' clothes, Navvi could simply sleep in his undergarments or something. But then Anthos mentioned Rufus, and remained smiling, looking happy at the fond memory, and a small smile crept onto Navvi's face. He knew that being able to talk about Rufus and memories of him without becoming sad or depressed was a good sign that Anthos was healing, and Navvi felt quite happy, knowing that Anthos was doing well. When he turned to leave, though, Navvi gently grabbed his arm. "Anthos..." he didn't know what he was going to say, but the words suddenly left him. He was suddenly overcome with the urge to kiss Anthos, which bothered him. Surely Anthos wouldn't appreciate that, especially so soon after Rufus...so Navvi pulled back, unwilling to compromise their friendship. "Goodnight, sweet dreams. I pray you sleep well."
Perhaps, one time...he would be able to take that step. But for now, he wanted to be sure that Anthos was really and truly ready.

{7-5}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/28/2011 7:54 PM

"Good night to you too." He smiled at Navvi and gave him a small hug. Anthos then left and went into his room. Closing the door behind himself he sighed happily and undressed. Stretching he pulled a set of pijamas out of his dresser drawer and got dressed before going over to his bed. He slipped under the covers and switched off the light. Smiling to himself he fell swiftly asleep.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/28/2011 8:00 PM

Navvi hugged Anthos back, smiling at the contact. It felt good, so much better than any other hugs he had received. Which was slightly odd, because he had only known Anthos for a short while...of course, that didn't really matter, when you were falling. No matter how long you've known a person, once you begun the fall, you fall at the same pace. Yawning tiredly, Navvi pulled off his clothes, slipping into the nightclothes that Anthos had brought for him to use. They weren't a perfect fit, but they were much more comfortable than his normal clothes. Slipping into bed, he drifted into a deep, peaceful sleep.

{8-1}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/28/2011 8:09 PM

Anthos slept soundly for the first time since Rufus had passed away and the nightmares that normally plagued him were nowhere to be found. Morning came and the sun peaked just above the horizon as Anthos awoke and stretched. Yawning loudly he got up and went over to Navvi's room. He was about to knock when he decided he did not want to wake the man. He sighed and went downstairs to start making breakfast.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/28/2011 8:15 PM

He had no idea what time it was when he awoke. Sunlight was streaming through the window, causing Navvi to blink slightly as his pupils took in the lighting change. He sat up, stretching, and looked around. Figuring that Anthos was probably already up, Navvi stood, yawning slightly as he did so. He had gotten warm during the night and had shed the top half of the pajamas, taking care to fold them and place them neatly on top of a dresser. Always a bit lazy in the morning, he didn't bother putting it on now. He walked down the stairs looking for Anthos, his hair tousled and his eyes still a bit sleepy.

{8-2}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/28/2011 8:28 PM

Anthos took out a pan and some eggs and began to cook them. He then heard Navvi come down the stairs and he turned around to face him. Seeing him without a shirt on Anthos blushed slightly and smiled. "Good morning Navvi." His eyes looked downward and he tried to hide his blush. Navvi looked even more handsome with his hair tousled and shirtless.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer