Most of the southern region of Baa'sek is cut off from the rest of the continent by the dense, dangerous Tengel Rainforest. Much of what isn't forest is swamp lands, with the Baian Swamp covering the majority of the coast. Most cities exist along the edges of the rain forests, particularly in a divide just on the eastern limits of Baa'sek. Lamenolai lies to the north while the Slums lie to the south.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baa'sek

New Beginnings [Private/ S, L, V]

Postby Kylo » 09/09/2011 10:27 PM

Anthos trotted over to the edge of the platform and looked down at the swirling mist below. He sighed softly and laid down. It has been six months now since Rufus' death and he has still not found any solice. A single tear rolled down his face which he brushed away with his paw. All of his fellow Turks had left for home, but Anthos choose to stay behind and start life over again. It was best to forget Gaia and all of the pain it had brought him in his life.

He heard a soft flutter and the tiny dragon creature Rufus had gotten him sortly before his death landed on top of him.

"Hey there little guy. You shouldn't have came out looking for me. you could have gotten hurt."

The dragon looked up at him and nuzzled him happily. Anthos laughed lightly and patted the dragon with his paw.

"I'm glad I still have you Ruffy."

Anthos laughed again, though a bit sadly. Ruffy really was all Anthos had in the way of friends or family here and it saddened him greatly. He even missed Reno, and the guy had annoyed the heck out of him. The Turks had been like family to him and now they were gone. He was alone, again.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Re: New Beginnings

Postby Kitsumi » 09/11/2011 9:11 PM

For some reason, when Navvi Dedre Ione awoke from his deep, although not very refreshing, sleep, he had no recollection of where he was, nor of how he got there. Gazing from side to side, he only briefly recognized his surroundings. "Hmm, now where I am isn't exactly the most important question. The most important question is where am I going, or rather, how do I get there?"
Talking to himself was a common occurrence for Navvi; he had been alone for so long, that he had fallen into the habit. After a moment of thought, Navvi moved to stretch, only to find that he had somehow transformed into his human form while sleeping. Grumbling slightly to himself, Navvi transformed back into his regular, canine form, swishing his tails. "Ah, now that's better. Hmm, I wonder if there's anyone around here that I could ask where exactly I am. Perhaps then I would remember where I'm going."
Obviously, luck was with him that day, because at almost the exact moments the words came from his mouth, he heard voices coming from not far away. Or, rather, a voice. Navvi didn't hear anyone reply to the first speaker's words, which he was unable to make out from this distance. Perhaps Navvi wasn't the only one who spoke to himself!
Making his way towards the voice, he saw another lucain, and a dragon-like creature. Ah, so that was who the first person had been speaking to, and why there had been no reply. Clearing his throat, so as not to startle the other lucain, Navvi said, "Excuse me, kind sir, but could you please tell me where exactly I am? I'm afraid that I've been traveling for quite some time, and in my weariness, I fell asleep. When I awoke, I had no recollection of where I have been, where I am, or where I am going."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7109
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/11/2011 9:59 PM

Anthos looked up at the lucain and sat up straight. "You're in Barraka Bridge. And it's alright, I often face the same dilemma." He smiled and trotted closer to him. "I'm Anthos Kronos by the way. And you would be?" He smiled a bit half heartedly as he felt anything but happy at the moment. He was still greatly upset with Rufus' death even though it had six months now. He forced himself to keep smiling though. It was never good to let youf true feelings show.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/12/2011 12:36 AM

Giving a grand bow, Navvi smiled at Anthos. "It is a pleasure to met you, Anthos. My name is Navvi Dedre Ione, but you may call me Navvi, or simply Vi, if you wish. Barraka Bridge, you say?" Navvi cocked his head thoughtfully. "Hmm, I must have come much further than I thought I had. I was planning on staying with a relative of mine, but I don't believe I have the time to go back and join them for the night. Do you happen to know of any lodgings that would take in a weary traveler for a night or two?" At this last sentence, Navvi returned his gaze to Anthos.
He couldn't help but study the other lucain, admiring the glossy sheen of his fur. The coloring on Anthos was simply marvelous; Navvi had always liked the darker coloration, and had been rather disappointed at his own light half. Without even realizing that he began to speak his words aloud, Navvi spoke, "Those colors are simply splendid; dark, yet with a small splash of color. I rather like it."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/12/2011 3:57 PM

"Pleasure to meet you Navvi." He nodded and as he felt old emotions stir inside of him. Rufus would bow to him on occassion though usually out of playful teasing. If he could blush, he probably would. Navvi talked very politely and intelligently. Almost as if you giving a speech. Rufus liked to give speeches. Anthos shook the thoughts of Rufus from his mind and forced himself to pay attention to Navvi's question. "Yes, I do. The old mansion I live in is not far from here. Though I must warn you it's a bit worn down as I'm the only one living there anymore. And it's far too dusty for my standards." He smiled kindly and then noticed Navvi staring at him. Tilting his head in confusion he looked back at the pale lucain. "You mean my fur? I like to be well groomed. I can't stand to be dirty. You look nice yourself. I've always loved lighter colors. Uh anyway we should get going, if we want to get there by nightfall. It's best not to be outside at night in the village that the mansion is in. Odd things happen there, especially when it grows close to October." He then began to lead Navvi down on the bridges that slowly sunk into the mist below.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/12/2011 4:32 PM

Navvi had always been good at reading people, especially people who tried to hide their true feelings. At the moment, he was able to see a great sorrow within Anthos' eyes. His curious side wanted to know what had caused it, but he was too much of a gentleman to ask.
"Oh, a mansion? Well, that sounds quite fun. A little dust never hurt everybody. Well, I suppose that's not true; but it shan't hurt me, I'm sure." He smiled, a wolfish grin. "I don't have much keystones on me, but I'm willing to give you what I have in exchange for a few nights. I believe I need a rest, a bit of time to replenish my energy and figure out where I would like to head next."
Bowing his head in thanks at Anthos' compliment, his smile widened. "Nothing wrong with  being well groomed. Of course, it's rather hard to stay well groomed when you're constantly traveling." Navvi gestured to his own, slightly dirty and ruffled fur.
He nodded at Anthos' words and began following him, his tails wagging happily.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/12/2011 5:08 PM

"That won't be necessary. I get lonely in that place anyway and could use some company." They traveled for some time before the mist began to clear slightly. Up a head a small run down village lay ahead. Many of the buildings were boarded up and hand signs posted declaring that entry was forbidden. Anthos walked softly and quietly through the village and motioned for Navvi to do the same. The few inhabitants left in the village were not to be crossed and it was best to avoid them when possible. Once they finally got of the village Anthos sighed in relief. "Sorry for that but some of the villigers are not so nice to strangers. They never go to the mansion though so you're safe there." Anthos lead Navvi up a steep hill just as the sun began to set. "Here we are. Welcome to Shinra Mansion." He waved a paw at the rather large building and smiled fondly at it. The place held many fond memoies for him. "Shall we go in?" He smiled genuinely at Navvi and felt a little bit better.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/12/2011 6:25 PM

The idea of staying in a mansion for free was one that appealed greatly to Navvi. "Ah, well, I greatly appreciate it. And just know that I will do whatever I can to help you out, whether it be chores, errands, or simply keeping you company." He smiled, beginning to walk with a spring in his step. He may not have known where he was planning on going after this, but at least for a while, he had a place to stay. And from the looks of it, a good one at that.
The village seemed almost deserted, and according to Anthos, the few inhabitants that remained wouldn't have been very friendly to Navvi. Because of this, Navvi was sure to walk quietly, hardly daring to breathe loudly. He was a pacifist, and not keen on fighting. In fact, he was the type who would sit there and allow someone to beat him half to death rather than fighting back. The only exception was when someone he cared about was threatened. Then, and only then, would he fight.
Finally in front of the mansion, Navvi let out a sigh of relief. Ah, safe at last! "This place is quite beautiful," Navvi commented as he followed Anthos. He glanced at the other lucain and was happy to see a genuine smile on the other's face. "Yes, let's," he said, waiting for Anthos to open the door and walk in first. It was, after all, his house.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/12/2011 6:35 PM

Anthos suddenly transformed into his human form and held open the door for Navvi. "Sorry I can't stand to stay in my lucain form for too long. I'm far more used to being human than a dog." He waited for Navvi to walk in as Anthos was the host after all and Navvi was his guest. Yes it would be quite nice to have company for once. It was only then that Anthos realized his pet Ruffy was no where to be found, but he did not panic as the thing had an odd habit of only appearing when he was needed. Such an odd thing it was. He then guided Navvi to the dining room. "Are you hungry at all Navvi?" He felt oddly at peace around Navvi and wanted to make him happy for some reason though he hadn't a clue why.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/12/2011 6:55 PM

Smiling, Navvi easily morphed into his human form as well. "Ah, so I'm not the only one who enjoys fingers and toes, eh?" Navvi chuckled, and slowly walked through the door, murmuring his thanks as his eyes scanned the room, taking in every little detail. "I see what you were saying about the dust," he commented lightly. "But it's not too bad."
Hungry? Well, it was true that Navvi hadn't eaten since a few hours before he fell asleep...but was he hungry? He had been too focused on his surroundings to pay attention to his bodily needs. As if on cue, his stomach growled, causing Navvi to chuckle. "I suppose I am. I don't want to be a bother, though. Don't go to any trouble on my account..."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/12/2011 7:04 PM

"It's not a bother at all. I enjoy cooking. Is there something in particular you're hungry for?" He smiled again and found himself strangely unable to look Navvi in the eyes. And was Anthos...blushing? No he couldn't be. Not in a million years. Nope, he was still in love with Rufus and that was that. But still his cheek are quite rosy red...Anthos pushed thoughts of Rufus again from his mind and tried to rid himself of the annoying heat from his cheeks.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/12/2011 11:15 PM

"Well, as long as you don't mind, it's been quite some time since I've had some good, homemade lasagna. And I'd be happy to help with the cooking, if you don't mind. My late father was a five-star chef, and while I'm definitely not a food connoisseur like him, I'd like to believe that I'm pretty fair at making food." He smiled, and noticed with some surprise that Anthos was blushing. Had he done something wrong, said something? Even as he wondered, he couldn't help but notice that Anthos looked quite...well, adorable with the rosy flush of color. "I'm hoping you have the ingredients that will be needed?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/12/2011 11:21 PM

"Alright. I believe I do." He lead Navvi to the large kitchen and searched through the pantry and fridge finding the ingredients as he went. "That's everything we need." He smiled and handed some of the suplies to Navvi. "Shall we start?"

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/13/2011 12:03 AM

Following Anthos, Navvi began humming quietly under his breath, not even noticing that he was doing so. He had always loved music, and when it wasn't readily available to him, he made his own. Noticing what he was doing, he blushed slightly. "I hope my humming doesn't bother you," he said sheepishly. "I can stop if you wish."
Noticing that Anthos had found all the ingredients, Navvi clapped his hands happily. "Oh, it looks like it'll be lasagna after all!" He smiled at Anthos. "So, what can I do? Should I start boiling the water for the noodles, or what?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/13/2011 7:33 PM

"I don't mind humming. I'm rather used to it." He smiled and got out the pot and pan needed. "Yes, that'd be great. I'll cut up the tomatoes and shread the cheese. Could you also heat up the oven?" He got out a knife and cutting board and began to dice the tomatoes. He then realized that there was still the old radio in the kitchen. "Oh and you can turn on the radio if you want music. I believe the station is set to the classical music station."

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next