Most of the southern region of Baa'sek is cut off from the rest of the continent by the dense, dangerous Tengel Rainforest. Much of what isn't forest is swamp lands, with the Baian Swamp covering the majority of the coast. Most cities exist along the edges of the rain forests, particularly in a divide just on the eastern limits of Baa'sek. Lamenolai lies to the north while the Slums lie to the south.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baa'sek

The Story of Me [M - Everything]

Postby Kitsumi » 12/14/2012 12:41 AM

Warning: This roleplay WILL contain mature content. Topics such as rape, self-harm, abuse, and many others are listed. Nothing will be described too graphically as per site rules, but if you are not fond of mature topics, then please do not read. Thank you.

Stumbling along. Her feet hurt. Her legs, arms, head - her entire body felt as heavy as her heart. How had it all happened? How had things progressed so quickly. One minute they had been together, laughing and joking around. The next...he was gone.

He wasn't the first to leave, though. No, there had been many others before him. But him...he was the first one that she had expected to stay. The first one in years, at least. Many of those who had left before him, had left because she was pushing them away. She expected them to leave, and so she prepared herself for it. If they showed no signs of leaving, she would act irrationally and push them away. It was safer that way, to keep her walls up and not let anyone in for too long. But she had let him in. She had expected him to stay.
He hadn't.

Who had been the first to leave?
Jesse?
Mike?

No. The first one had left long before. It was someone that she had never expected to leave, and someone that she honestly couldn't blame. After all, he hadn't wanted to leave.

It wasn't his fault that he had died.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Re: The Story of Me [M - Everything]

Postby Kitsumi » 12/14/2012 12:48 AM

~*~Roughly 15 Years Earlier~*~

Something wasn't right. Kitty could tell even before she opened her eyes. Somewhere, her mother was crying. Why was mommy crying? Mommy hardly ever cried - she may yell when she got really mad, but she always apologized and made things better.

She never cried.

Snapping her eyes open, she turned just in time to see her mom press a few buttons on her cell phone. Even as she pressed the phone to her ear with one shaking hand, she continued to shake the shoulders of the man lying in the bed beside her - her husband, and Kitty's father.

"M-mommy! What's wrong with daddy?"

Instead of answering, Kitsumi's mother began speaking into the phone. "H-hello? I need an ambulance! My husband...oh god! He's not responding! I think he's having a heart attack, please, you have to come quickly!" She rattled off their information before hanging up and then turning back to Kitsumi's father, crying even harder now.

"Mommy!" Kitsumi ran over, but her mother gently pushed her away. "No, Kitty! Go lay down. Daddy's gonna be okay. Everything's gonna be okay, alright, honey?"

But everything wasn't okay. Minutes dragged by, seeming like hours, before she heard the sirens. Suddenly, time seemed to slow down and everything became a blur. Kitsumi hardly seemed aware of what was happening - it was just a ton of sensations.

Flashing lights.
Blaring sirens.
Someone was taking her by the hand.
She was in the back of a police car.
Where was mommy?
Where was daddy?
She began to cry.
The cop cussed at her.
Everything was strange.
Everything was wrong.
Where was mommy and daddy?!

Little did the poor, young Kitsumi know that her father died before he ever reached the hospital. Her mother had known that he wouldn't make it even before the ambulance came, but she had held onto the false hope. Now, it was too late. He was gone, and Kitsumi, her mother, and her younger sister were left to rebuild their life and shattered family. Together...but alone.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/14/2012 1:03 AM

~*~Present Day~*~

Kitsumi choked back a sob. "Oh, god..." She fell to her knees, not caring that she was in the middle of the street. The tears suddenly began to fall, cascading onto the ground as she made no move to cover her eyes. "Daddy...why did you have to leave?"

It hadn't been his fault, she knew that. But that didn't mean that it didn't hurt. In fact, it did hurt. A lot. If he had been there, maybe she never would have met Chaos. Maybe she would have never been hurt by any of the guys she had been hurt by. Father's weren't able to protect their daughters from everything, she knew. But perhaps he would have protected her from the creeps of the world.

At least, he would have been able to protect her from the one who stole her innocence...

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/14/2012 1:11 AM

~*~Roughly 7 Years Earlier~*~

"This isn't right. Please, I don't want to!"

Kitty trembled as she watched his eyes hungrily devouring the sight of her. It was her birthday, and she had hoped that the day would end perfectly. She shouldn't have stayed over at her friend's house, she knew. After two years of his touching, kissing, and other things that felt all too wrong, Kitsumi should have known better. However, she had been told that he would be working late that night, and so she had come. She hadn't expected him to come home early, and pull her into his office - the office where he had first touched her.

She had no idea what the term 'molest' meant. Had she known, she probably still wouldn't have known how to handle all of this. She was too young to realize that her innocence was being stolen, and she was too naive to think that she should possibly tell her parents what was happening. After all, she trusted this man like a second father. Surely he wouldn't do anything to harm her...right?

But it did hurt. The pain was excruciating as he claimed that he was 'making her a woman'. "Happy birthday, Kitty," he said, pressing a kiss onto her much smaller mouth. "This is what love is, you remember that, okay? This is love. I'm only loving you, and if you love me, you'll do it back."

Just like that, something that she didn't even know she had was stolen from her. Kitty would never be able to get it back, and it hurt so badly. To protect herself, she decided that she wouldn't remember.

It would be like it had never happened...

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/23/2012 5:32 PM

~*~Present Day~*~

Kitsumi had forgotten about that night, for a few years. She repressed the memories, and allowed her life to continue on as normal. Except, everyone could tell that she had changed. Now, she rarely allowed anyone to touch her - especially when it came to grown men or her friends' fathers. She was paranoid, and refused to trust anyone. Just because she chose to not remember the incident, didn't meant that she was going to escape the effects it had on her.

Luckily, her friends' father had rarely been able to touch her again. His affair with his secretary was found out about two months after Kitsumi's birthday, and he was forced out of the house to go live with his mistress. Kitsumi only saw him on rare occasions, and never in private. Just a few weeks later, he was killed, murdered by his mistress' husband.

"Bastard," Kitsumi hissed through gritted teeth. "I was a child...a freaking child! You used me. You made me believe that love was physical. Did you have any idea how much it screwed me up? Especially my relationships..."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/23/2012 5:37 PM

~*~Roughly 10 Months Earlier~*~

"You do love me, right?"

She looked up into his eyes, and the way he gazed into hers left her with little doubt of the answer. "Yes, Kitty, darling, I love you. More than anything in the world. More than the stars in the sky! I know that others have hurt you...but I won't."

Chaos had rescued her. From the torture of her family life, from the arguments and the pain and the lies. Surely he was her knight in shining armor. Now that Kitsumi was living with him, she finally had the freedom that she had desired for so long. She had only been an adult for a week, but she felt as if her life was changing in such drastic ways, that she would never hit rock bottom again.

They had been sleeping in the same bed for four days now. It was only a matter of time before he tried something. Kitsumi didn't even try to resist. After all, he had said he wanted to marry her. Soon, he would get her a ring, she was sure. He was her rescuer. He wouldn't hurt her the way the other guys did, surely! Besides, love was physical. Wasn't it? She couldn't quite remember when she had began believing it, but believe it she did. Chaos simply wanted to love her. Well, love her he did.

And then he left her, ten short months later.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate